Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 05-20-2012, 08:22 AM

Gah!! XD I had pictures of pretty flowers before. D: But.. no username and the location is too far away. Why must I live in the desert? >.<

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-20-2012, 09:27 AM

Likewise all of the cherry blossoms here have come and gone, so the most famous symbols of spring aren't around anymore. I took a bunch of pictures but even if I found the exact tree, I couldn't prove it since the blossoms are gone. :cry:

On the plus side, there was a festival today and I managed to take some pictures. :) I think I might use one of them. But I wasn't able to photograph the most famous part, the sparrow dance, since I had to leave early. At least I got to see it performed before. It's a dance where people use fans to mimic the fluttering of bird wings.

Last edited by Ferra; 05-20-2012 at 09:30 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-20-2012, 06:13 PM

It is unfortunate that some very good photo opportunities happened before the contest was opened. :( But remember that I've left "spring" open to interpretation. You don't need to show me what everyone thinks of as "spring," show me what spring is for you! :)

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 05-20-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Would you like to share it with us anyway? It sounds quite nice. :)
sure, I'd be happy to! I'll upload it to the desktop later in the day.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-20-2012, 10:41 PM

But cherry blossoms are spring for me. :lol:

I understand, I'm just going to have to be creative. I think I have one picture decided but I'll need to find a second picture.

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 05-21-2012, 12:30 AM

Cherry I updated my proof!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-21-2012, 01:03 AM

Inspiration for Cherry's contest!!! I was just galavanting around at this peony farm down the road from me:

The parasols are supposed to save the delicate petals from bruising in the sunlight, but I just think the owners knew that this would draw people in! Such a sight.

And I would LOVE to see Biggles' and Ferra's photos

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-21-2012, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
But cherry blossoms are spring for me. :lol:

I understand, I'm just going to have to be creative. I think I have one picture decided but I'll need to find a second picture.
What "late May" is for you, then. :P

Do feel free to share your cherry blossom photos anyway, though. :) I saw them on facebook and they're beautiful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbeam View Post
Cherry I updated my proof!
Thanks! I've added your submission to the front page. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Inspiration for Cherry's contest!!! I was just galavanting around at this peony farm down the road from me:

The parasols are supposed to save the delicate petals from bruising in the sunlight, but I just think the owners knew that this would draw people in! Such a sight.

And I would LOVE to see Biggles' and Ferra's photos
That's so pretty! We have a few peony plants like those, and they're by far one of my favorite plants that we have. I can't imagine being around hundreds like that. :drool:

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-21-2012, 02:00 AM

The smell is so over powering. I love it. It's called Peony Heaven, and for a good reason. They raise rare and new breeds there too. It's right up your alley Cherry!

Favorite flower... Hmmmm. I do love gerber daisies. And lilacs. And lavender. I think my dream is to run through a field of lavender. I would be beyond ecstatic.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-21-2012, 02:17 AM

That sounds nice! We have the dark pink ones (like in the foreground of the picture) and white ones, but we don't have the light pink ones. Our dark pink ones smell bad, though, I'm not sure why. :? The white ones smell nice, though.

I can't really pick a favorite flower. But some of my favorites are dahlias, hydrangeas, astilbe, roses, lily of the valley (so teeny!), and of course, peonies. But all flowers are lovely. Well... except rafflesia. >>

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 05-21-2012, 02:27 AM

Hmm... I took a great photo that I could have used for this a couple weeks ago... but now the tree isn't budding anymore so if I went back for a proof it wouldn't quite look the same. Bummer.
I'll come up with something for this on my day off on Tuesday. This contest is so exciting!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 AM

@Kamikaza Kendra - We might be able to make this work with the fact that it's not budding anymore. If you can show me a proof photo with a similar angle and I can see that the branches are the same, that can work. :)

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 03:39 AM

Oooh. That I can do! I walk past this tree every day on my way to/from work!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-21-2012, 03:45 AM

Just be sure to use the same camera and angle. :yes:

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 03:47 AM

Should be easy enough!
Hopefully the weight of the leaves hasn't messed with the branch structure too much. It has thin branches so now I just have to worry about if they've drooped. Guess I'll find out tomorrow! :D

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-21-2012, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
That sounds nice! We have the dark pink ones (like in the foreground of the picture) and white ones, but we don't have the light pink ones. Our dark pink ones smell bad, though, I'm not sure why. :? The white ones smell nice, though.

I can't really pick a favorite flower. But some of my favorites are dahlias, hydrangeas, astilbe, roses, lily of the valley (so teeny!), and of course, peonies. But all flowers are lovely. Well... except rafflesia. >>
Lol, yes the rafflesia are...interesting. Mmmm smells like *sniff* Rotting flesh! :D And I love lily of the valley!! I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite too really. Every time I think of another flower, I usually add it to the list of favorites. Dahlias are fantastic. Huge. Hydrangeas are my mother's favorite.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-21-2012, 04:45 AM

On one side of the house, we have this big patch of ivy covering the ground for the length of the house. There's a bunch of little lily of the valleys in there scattered throughout. So around April a bunch of teeny little white flowers pop up in there and it's so pretty. I'm kicking myself for having not gotten a picture of it, as they're not blooming anymore. ><

I have a few in my own little garden as well, but it's not nearly as scenic. The method for my own garden's design is "everything that is cheap and shade loving just kind of put wherever." I'm not great at landscaping yet. :lol: This is only my second year being into gardening.

Kendra - Good luck! :D

Also, if you took multiple shots of the tree, you can provide a proof corresponding to a picture that you're not submitting. Say for instance you want to submit a close up of a bloom cluster. If you also took a far away shot of the entire tree in bloom, send that as well and your proof could be a far away shot of the entire tree not in bloom. Did that make sense?

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 04:48 AM

It makes sense, but I did only get the one angle that day because it looked really cool against the sky as I was on my way to work. xD
If it doesn't end up working I'm still totally pumped about photo safari-ing on Tuesday so I can come up with something else.

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 05-21-2012, 06:49 AM

I'm going to do some craft stuff too. If I make a necklace with beads and clay, as long as it's nature themed like leaves and mushrooms it would work right?

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 AM

Yup! That certainly is nature themed!

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-21-2012, 02:25 PM

I spent way too long trying to compose this photo yesterday and I'm still not completely happy with it, but I'd rather submit it now than drive myself crazy. :lol:

Picture Perfect
Username: Knerd
Submission:
Proof: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...o/IMG_6276.jpg
Notes: Ah, the smell of growing grass and laziness. As much as I love a freshly mowed lawn in spring, my mower is much more likely to have dandelions growing around it.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 05-21-2012, 04:39 PM

Sorry for my username on the proof being out of focus. Hope it's still clear enough.

Picture Perfect
Username: KatMagenta
Submission:
Proof: http://i50.tinypic.com/a76fk.jpg
Notes: Spring feels like a time of being close to nature. Even this 'lifeless' concrete post has wild flowers at its base and an iron fence can barely contain the plants growing behind it. I hope the owner of that bicycle comes back before it's engulfed!

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 04:51 PM

this looks fun... i'm gonnna have to join this...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-21-2012, 06:00 PM

Thanks for the submissions, ladies! :D

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 05-21-2012, 10:58 PM

Picture Perfect
Username: neller
Submission:

Proof: You can see the frog in the background. :)
Notes: I love spring. The snow melting away and the days getting warm. Spring is my favorite season and one of the main reasons for that is the return of the frogs. I have a pond so I get to hear all kinds of frogs sing every night from the start of spring to the end of fall. Bull frogs, pond frogs and tree frogs. I absolutely love frogs and get excited for them in the spring. So, for that reason, I pictured one of the frogs from my pond (which was really hard because they all leap away when I go near the water!)

---------- Post added 05-21-2012 at 07:25 PM ----------

Picture Perfect
Username: neller
Submission:
Proof: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...e/P1010109.jpg (taken 2 weeks later)
Notes: RAINBOW!
What spring would be complete without a rainbow? It's the season of rain (at least where I'm from) and the sun sometimes manages to peek through the grey clouds. When that happens, these beautiful and natural pieces of art spread their colors across the sky.