xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 07:09 PM

Chexalala... the resetfamilyfund thingy... you can google for it. but I just NRAAS gameplay mod. It have MORE control over things.

The tablet offer skill building, and that is a cheat way to get skill build FAST. TOo fast to my liking lol.

Vickyllkyll, I would only keep one copy of the artwork created. If there is a repetitive, then I sell the repeated one.
As Sims 3 keep adding more expansion and stuff and contents, it is getting slower and laggier. D:

Besides... there is a place to download store content for free.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Yea I can say its a cheat way
But it doesnt have all the skills on there
sometime I need like one charisma skill to get a raise at work
so I rather listen to it for six to eight hours then so to a mirror and talk yo myself

Yea true I do sale some repeats
I havent painted in a while though
I love to garden
I sale all my cheat once, and keep the outstanding fruits and veggies

Not really free store content
I'm talking about user made items
I dont like them to much because they become bad content sometimes

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 PM

Custom contents~ I love them. but they are also contributing to lags... x.x
I am such a god mod maniac that I only keep the best, Perfect. XD What a pity the fish could not do the same. XD
and I am not talking about free store content. I am talking about people haring what they bought. O_O

I think I will be starting Sims play session too finally after the event, my god mod Sims have to max the collecting skill before they march to World Adventures~ *dances*

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 PM

Yes! Lags
thats the word lol
I could really find that word

Lol I havent tried any mods at all
I just think its hard to use
do you have to keep updating them?
Do you know any really good one?
safe one?

sounds like a fun game play

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 PM

I am using NRAAS Gameplay mod. Unfortunately, for gameplay mod most of the time you have to update it according to patch.

Among the things I can do, change curfew, teen only family, activate ANY opportunities, change quality of things and so on... As about how safe, So far I have no virus or malware attack, not seeing anyone have those kind of problems too. I am always into techy stuff, so I learn how to install mods, there are guides everywhere. I am glad that I have mods, because I am such a metriculours perfectionist, I want to control their elements to EVERY detail possible.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 08:10 PM

Wow That sounds awesome
I dont have that much patches I dont think
so does it uodate with the patch or you have to go where you got the mod to update it?

I think mods make the game more fun though I just havent got any energy to see which is the best

Last edited by Vickyll3; 05-03-2013 at 08:15 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 PM

They don't auto update for you, you have to find the mod that correspond with the patch offer by EA.
You aware that EA release patches every now and then, mostly near stuff/expansion release date or so.

NRAAS changed their website half way, so they didn't keep the old mod files for path version below 1.29. I would have to say it is the inconvenience part, but in compare to the lack of feature cause by EA, this inconvenience is just small potato.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 08:30 PM

Yea I know about thats patches
I dont usually accept the store patches though
But the ones that are pack related I do
I usually get annoyed with those patch pop ups so I accept them anyways

Ahh thanks
so I can choose from the list of mods
looks simple enough

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 08:38 PM

Oh lol, why not the store patches? ... is there rumours that they are bad files?

In the newer store content sets, Maybe starting from 2013, there seemed to be a LOT of glitches, that users have to download some package file to fix it. But the certain package file would also break other things... just chaotic. I am holding off installing those problematic store content until there is a well rounded fix.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 10:31 PM

I just dont really have that much store items
if they are patches for the store worlds then I install them

Yea like the store lots and some items lately have had glitches

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-04-2013, 05:42 AM

I wish Sims 3 families didn't need adults. That doesn't always go over well with my fantasy families and imaginary scenarios. I do at least know how to make a family of teens, though. My favorite Sims 1 house that I once tried to convert to Sims 3 was lived in by children only. I love making child-only families, but I can't and it makes me sad!

I don't use the Store because I gave up on using the EA sites after a complicated account issue back in the Sims 1 days.

Mods are my favorite. P: I've got no curfew, more plants and more yield from each plant, more money to start with, more money from motherlode, still life/portrait system adjustments, animation fixes/hiders, and definitely more I'm not thinking of. I don't know how many actually classify as mods, but the point is I use a lot of downloads to alter my game. Always have. Give it a few years, and people will know the game like the back of their hands and make epic hax and items~ I want my at-home businesses! *Sims 1er that just won't quit*

And yes, I wish CC didn't slow down the game. D<

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-04-2013, 05:52 AM

Wait! Amanene, where you get that still life portrait system adjustment? What exactly it do? For painting one, right?

I love making teen only family too! Not really child... But I don't want them to hit adult. XD

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-04-2013, 06:00 AM

It's a quality fix, and I have another one that lets you change the size of the picture. Or something. There's something you can't already do that it allows. I haven't played my game since last break. It's on ModTheSims.

I keep aging off. I don't make sim families to see them grow up, have their own families, and get old. That, too… I get too attached to let them die. DX For me, it's about treating them like dolls in a virtual dollhouse.

By the way, I just love the new picture in your siggie. That's good animation!

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-04-2013, 12:34 PM

My sim that I use in all my games has been a young adult for as long as the sims 3 been out

I dont so much like children and teen stages that much
I hate having to send them to school
of course my kids go to school, but I usually grow them up fast

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 10:46 AM ----------

Now that I think about it
I'm sure there is mod where children and teens dont have to go to school
but young adults have better clothing

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-04-2013, 01:29 PM

Aww, Amanene~ thanks~ <33 I would just take it that people like CHOCOLATE. XD

I use NRAAS's home school option. They have to do and submit homework through computer, but other than that they can play around everywhere~ I like teen to have school but because of the time system in Sims 3 is ridiculous, so... I prefer them to have to do homework yet do not spend so much time in school.

Amanene, I am most likely the same too. I only played once in terms of generation and it lags so much! D:
Anyway, it kinda drive me away for the 10 generations challenge.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-04-2013, 07:21 PM

It's kind of funny to have children be accomplished artists or writers.
I like making rooms for children. I found some (Create-a-Style friendly!) big letters, numbers, and punctuation that I love to use in childish themes. I thought they lit up, but I believe I found out they didn't. It's been so long since I last played. I spend whole days working with Create-a-Style in a house. XD

You don't have to mod away school unless you're talking about making enrollment optional. You can just delete it! Sure, then you can't pick their new trait when they grow up, but if you take out your schools, you're likely also the type that doesn't mind cheats. You can modify their traits anytime in game with a cheat, as you probably already know~ As I said, aging is off in my game, so it's not a problem.
I don't keep school in my game because it doesn't fit the majority of my families' lives. What's a little earth spirit doing in a classroom? Or the one child in a reclusive family on a high hill… Pretending she's homeschooled is more to my taste. To me, witches and fairies have more important things to do than learn in a traditional education system. It's also good for old farm settings or anyone else who lives off the land. This homeschool thing you mention sounds like it's worth a look this summer break. :O

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 PM

I get way to attached to my families too
I usually dont let them pass adult, and if the do I use the testingcheat to age them down.
I dont turn aging completely off though
thats weird

Home schooling lol
thats funny
But I like dressing up my sims
so teens dont have as much clothes as the young adults

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 PM

I'm not used to aging being a feature in games, so I prefer not to have it because that's not what I want from it.
Yeah, I've never made a sim older than a young adult.

I like dressing sims in downloaded goodies. :D I have to agree on liking dressing young adults better. I like creating them overall best because I can get the look I'm going for. Teens are good for all of that, too. Sims 3 children look strange to me. Toddlers can be precious, but there's not much variety there. My downloads are cute, though. I love finding new hair~

Now that I have Seasons, I might make a world in eternal winter full of just fantasy sims that have some relationship with the cold. Which possibly means searching for mods for sims getting hot/cold… xwx Do you have Seasons? Does the world get covered in snow in winter, or am I going to have to download a snowy world? And I wonder what fall's like… (Don't tell!) I might do something with that. I'm still in summer, where the seasons start, because I didn't get to play much after I installed Seasons.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-05-2013, 02:17 AM

I love young adults
just so fun to play
toddles are a weird stage but they can be cute
I like that we can teach them skills
and I love reading a skill book to a sleeping child so that they can learn a new skill
I think thats so cool

I have season and I love it
yup the whole world get covered in snow
its pretty fun, mostly if you have a lake outside of your household
because you can send the family to ice skate on it
Fall is a great season "spooky"

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-05-2013, 03:12 AM

I like home school. and if you have the tablet, you can use that to do homework AND increase fun bar. XD so weird... if you do it alone or in group, fun bar drops, but when you do it on tablet, fun bar rises. XD

Season is very visually pleasing, it really tells of all season changes... well, maybe I am still confused between Spring and Summer. XD lol.

I think I vaguely remember that I read about mods somewhere about unlocking young adult clothes for teen...

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-05-2013, 04:47 AM

Whaaat? You can read to sleeping children to teach them skills? I have to try this!
Toddlers learning to walk is so adorable.

ICE SKATING. Summer break, hurry up!

I like playing with the weather with cheats. I didn't do much of that, either. But I will. >D

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-05-2013, 06:25 AM

Amanene... you have YET to explore further into the Base game. XD
So many little things that is not on the official guide. XD

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 PM

This is why I only play this game over long breaks!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-05-2013, 03:06 PM

I hate babies, toddlers and children in the sims.. They're cute and all, but I find myself aging them up almost immediately. Teens are only slightly better because they can do more things (cook, etc) and are sometimes good at tending the screaming pooping worms.. I tend to play with zero cheats or mods and play each household legacy style (start with a single adult sim w/nothing on a bare lot), but that always makes me anxious for my sims to die so the next generation can start.

.. I should try not doing that sometime.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-05-2013, 03:39 PM

While I play with so many cheats baby care doesn't matter. I make all my families as big as they're going to get, so I don't know what actual babies are like. I love watching toddlers play with toys~ And they can hide in a toybox!

Once upon a time I knew someone who played on Epic lifespan. She made stories with her sims and did voice acting for her own and other people's sims. :O