Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 10-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Art by ToriKat banner by Sizzla. Thanks Guys!

Happy Halloween!!

It's that time of year again! Time to cook up some tasty treats and give each other a feast for the eyes! So grab the spatulas, tongs, frying pans and whatever else you deem necessary and lets turn up the heat!

Last edited by Melody; 10-31-2009 at 12:42 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-13-2009, 08:07 PM

Cat-e-Gorys

• Spooky Appetizers:
    • Created some tantalizing finger foods? This is your category.
  • Spooky Entrees
    • Main dishes to scare the munchkins? This one is for you.
  • Spooky Desserts
    • Halloween just isn't halloween with out spooky sweets. Enter yours here.
  • Spooky... Art of food?
    • That's right! This year we added a category for you non-culinary types. But I still expect creativity in your artful interpretations of food! (Yes, it must still be of food, but you can design it however you like)
    • Example of what this is on page two.

Last edited by Melody; 10-31-2009 at 04:38 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-13-2009, 08:12 PM

Prizes!

Food Related:

Overall Best:

15,000 gold.

1st (per category)

8,000 gold

2nd (per category)
5,000 gold

3rd (per category)
3,000 gold

Art Related:

Overall Best:

1st

2nd

3rd

Last edited by Melody; 10-30-2009 at 01:37 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-13-2009, 08:15 PM

RULES:

**You must make the items yourself, you can ask Mummy for help, but I want most of the work to be by you!
**I expect all entries to be HOMEMADE you may NOT enter something you bought at the store.
** You MAY enter in each category more than once, but you can only win once per category.
**Everyone is welcome to participate (staff included <3)
**Most Importantly:Follow Menewsha TOS.

Important Dates:
October 30th- End of the Event entries will be accepted.

Day after the event: winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded.
Either in this thread or one in the CD.

Last edited by Melody; 11-06-2009 at 01:18 AM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-13-2009, 08:21 PM

How to Enter:

The Process for entry of both art and actual food pieces is relatively the same.
  1. Create your masterpeice
  2. Take a picture (food or art), or Scan (art)
  3. Upload to your favorite image hosting site (tinypic, photobucket, etc)
  4. Copy/fill out the form being sure to add in your like
  5. Post!!

Last edited by Melody; 10-30-2009 at 01:36 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-14-2009, 06:02 PM

Entrails!...I mean Entreats! er...Entries!

Please copy and paste the forums below into your posts and fill them out so I know you're entering the contest and not just showing off. You may enter as many times as you like, however you can only win once per category. :3

Main Dishes/Entrees:

[b][size=2][color=purple]Tantalizing Entrails![/color][/size][/b]
Username
Entry link
What is it/how was it created?[/size]

Quote:
Tantalizing Entrails!
Urboros
link: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...s/IMG_0556.jpg
What is it/how was it created?
beef udon, I hade to cut the beef into small chunks, browned the beef and then added to the noodles, mushrooms and broth. Green onions added later and carrrots added last so they'd be slightly soft.
Made on halloweeen because it looks like entrails with cooked flesh.

Tantalizing Entrails!
Username: Cami
Entry link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...a/IMG_1452.jpg
What is it/how was it created? First, I dug up the dead bodies of many different vegetables, including zucchini, onions, green peppers, and celery, and cut out the parts I felt could be reused. I covered these parts in a bloody tomato sauce, soaking them and invigorating them. I inserted them into a cheese and pasta body, completely enveloping them in this skin. Then I added extreme heat in order to bring my monstrous creation to life.

Tantalizing Entrails!
Username: Jaz
Entry link: GrandMummies Sorry I had to just cause one looks like it has a bee hive ROFL
What is it/how was it created? Cut strips of croissant dough (from a can) around cheese dogs... Or if you can also use regular hot dogs and slice them to add cheese! It is just easier for little fingers not to use knives LOL[/size]

Tantalizing Entrails!
Entry link:Goblin Tongues
What is it/how was it created? Mini bagels with cream cheese on both pieces (we chose onion and chive cause it sounded yummy)... Then take half a slice of bologna and place it into the hole... Then use a little bit of cream cheese to hold the olive and bell pepper/ onion eyes in place![/size]

Tantalizing Entrails!
Entry link:Peering Mummy Pies
What is it/how was it created? On English muffins spread pizza sauce. I used string cheese (less then one per pizza) because it was easier to manipulate into looking like old mummy wraps leaving a space for eyes (or eye in this case) then cut olives and fill with bell pepper or onions! Cook until cheese is melted...

Username: Shutterslut
Entry Link:
A small and quick halloween-themed bento box!
Chicken wild rice layer, Baby carrot 'pumpkins', Bell pepper 'moon', Nori (seaweed) bat.

Tantalizing Entrails!
Username: Mivaelianyn
Entry link: Pumpkin Patch
Pumpkin Detail
Scarecrow Detail
What is it/how was it created? Pumpkin Patch with Scarecrow
I used sun-dried tomato tortillas rolled with spicy turkey and cheese to get the round shape and orange-ish color. I used toothpicks to hold the pieces closed and decorated with parsley for the green on top and some in the surrounding areas for vines. I used lettuce for the main portion of the ground. The 'scarecrow' is made out of carrot pieces that are held together with toothpicks. I used some tortilla pieces to make the hat and yellow/red bell pepper for the shirt and pants.[/size]

Tantalizing Entrails!
Username: Chrome
Entry link boo!
What is it/how was it created? Wheat Bread Ghosts...
Tuna sandwhich ghosts. I make my tuna stuffing with miracle whip, shredded cheese, dried dill, dried basil... and then top it with pickles... lol. Also those are pickle eyes.

Tantalizing Entrails!
Username - Silver Magi.
Entry link - [1] - [2]
What is it/how was it created? - Spicy maggots and fly eggs! (Curried chicken rice)

First, I took a small pot, with a capacity of about 1-1/2 cups of water, and added 3/4 cup of water, leaving a little room at the top of the measuring cup.
After that, I added one teaspoon of soya sauce to the water, along with about half of a 1/4 teaspoon full of powdered ginger, and curry powder.
Mixed in one packet of OXO chicken boullion, with a small pat of butter, mixed it all together over medium-high heat until it boiled, and then added 3/4 cup of INSTANT rice to the pot, took it off the heat, stirred for a second or two to cover all the rice with liquid, and then let it rest for approximately 5-7 minutes.
Dished it out, added a sprinkle of parsley, and dug in. ;w; <3

Tantalizing Entrails!
Username: HamatoKameko
Entry Link: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...PB080039-1.png
What is it/how was it created? Vampire Pancakes! The face and "body" are pancakes, dyed accordingly with food coloring. The mouth/fangs is a chocolate candy, the nose, hair and eyes are pancakes cut to size/shape, the eyes are marshmallow fluff and red M&Ms. The syrup is edible blood (corn syrup, cocoa powder, & food coloring). I also used the marshmallow fluff to "glue" on the face pieces.

Appetizers

[size=2][color=Orange][b]They're Appa-teasing us![/color][/b]
Username:
Entry Link:

Quote:
They're Appa-teasing us!
Username: Sagitar
Entry Link: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...lloween011.jpg
What is it/how was it created?: Spooky witch fingers!
they are made out of Omar-candies (sort of toffee I think),
microwaved to make them soft, them molded into fingers.
I used a tooth pick to make the 'wrinkles' on the fingers
and applied the nails (slices of almond) with some sugar glue.
pretty easy and they tasted yummy! (:

They're Appa-teasing us!
Username: Alaunt
Entry Link: Clickie!

What is it/how was it created?: Tortilla Chili-Dip (A.K.A. Chili Cheese Dip)
Ingrediants: 9" pan, 1 tub of Philidelphia Cream Cheese (medium size), 1 can of Chili (Denisen's No bean chili), 1 bag of shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
.1. Open the tub of cream cheese and spread the entire amount on the bottom of the pan.
.2. Then spread the entire can of Denisen's no bean chili on top of the cream cheese.
.3. Last but not least, place shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top until you can't see any chili peeking through. Too, try to make it as thin as possible, but not overly so. You don't want it too thin or too thick.
.4. Place pan in microwave until all the cheese is melted.
.5. Dig in by scooping the dip with tortilla chips!

Username: Darkfae

Entry Link: Tasty Elder God Goodness

What is it/how was it created? These yummy, edible Cthulu heads were made using Lil'Smokies for the tentacles, dough for the heads themselves, super tiny pickle ends for the eyes, with katsup on the tentacles for blood (hard to see). I put them on a cheese and broccoli background, as even though they are appetizers, we were having them for dinner - if you eat more than a couple, the work just fine as a meal.

They're Appa-teasing us!
Entry Link: Devilish Grin Grin 2
What is it/how was it created? Take and apple and Quarter it... Cut out the seeds and a slit for the opening of the mouth. The teeth are made out of slivered almonds

They're Appa-teasing us!
Entry Link:Eerie Eye Candy
What is it/how was it created? Vanilla Wafers coated on top with vanilla icing. The iris is made from lifesavers and the rest is gel icing!

They're Appa-teasing us!
Entry Link:Spectrial Spider Web Spider 2
What is it/how was it created? The web is made from twizzler's pull and peel (one of my favorite not candy candies >< )... The spider is made of caramel cups for the body and head (I also bought mini peanut butter cups which work just as well!), almond slivers for the pincers, cookie and gel frosting for the eyes, and pocky for the legs

They're Appa-teasing us!
Username: Chrome
Entry Link: x
What is it/how was it created? Monster Eye Soup
Its tomato soup with eggs as eyes. I used pickles and jelly to make the pupils/irises. Another dish made with what I had on hand, lol.

They're Appa-teasing us!
Entry Link: Group View
Avocado Monster
Tentacle Monster
Salsa Monster
Spooky Chips
Spooky Chips and Monster Insides
I used squash to make the monsters that hold the guacamole, salsa, and chips. I carved out holes in them and used bell peppers, carrots, and green beans to make the faces. I used toothpicks to hold the pieces on the squash. I made the dipping chips out of tortilla that I cut shapes into using cookie cutters and then baked them in the oven until crunchy.[/size]

Desserts/Beverages

[size=2][color=red][b]Spooky TrEATS[/b][/color]
Username:
Entry Link:

Quote:
Spooky TrEATS
Username:Kohanaa

Entry Link: Cut to fit betterWhat is it/how was it created?
RAINBOW MUFFINS. I have made these a few times, the first was becuase my friend loves rainbows. These are made with a muffin mix and then we added food coloing. To get the rainbows to go side to side we used some project board type of material and used it as a divider.

Spooky TrEATS
Entry Link:
Vampire and Owl Cupcakes
Mummy and Frankenstein Cupcakes

Monster Cupcakes! I forgot to put my username. TwT
I got the idea of Monster Cupcakes from browsing Halloween recipes but I made my own characters/cupcake design ideas. I baked the cupcakes in the oven and then let them cool before doing the icing. I used a marshmallow or a cookie for the basic shape and then covered it with the colored icing in the desired layers/designs. I then added a few sprinkles for final decoration. Even though I waited for everything to cool, the icing would still get rather melty and I wished I had a smaller icing tip to get better details, so it was a lot harder than I thought it would be and I think it turned out really goofy/funny. ^^;

Spooky TrEATS
Username: Roachi
Entry Link:[x]
Strawberry Ghosts!
Strawberrys - Dipped in white chocolate, with chocolate chips for eyes and dark chocolate for the mouths. The mouth was especially hard, had to do it with a toothpick! xP The little things at the front are the tips of the strawberrys that i cut up, covered in white chocolate, with chocolate chips as eyes. I call them berry blobs .

Spooky TrEATS
Username: Roachi
Entry Link:[x]
Mellowpuff Spideys!
Mellowpuff biscuits for the main part of the body, licorice bits with toothpicks in them for the legs, marshmallow for the head, and of course the eyes are just decorations.

Spooky TrEATS
Username:Jaz
Entry Link:Swamp Water SlushSwamp Water 2
What is it/how was it created? This one is complicated so I am just going to give an over view... If anyone wants the recipe just PM me... The drink itself is seltzer water flavored with lemonade.. Inside it are two T. of dyed Tapioca pearl flavored with sugar (The colors I chose were blue and green) and yes I hand died them they come white and they cook and become clear. There is also a gummy fish and a gummy worm placed accordingly

Spooky TrEATS
Username:Jaz (my name looks so foreign now!!!)
Entry Link:Iced Orangekins Orangekin 1 My baby's Orangkin 2 My oldest's Orangekin 3 My hubby's Orangekin 4 Me my hubbies rendition!
What is it/how was it created? These are hallowed out orange peels with jack-o-lantern faces carved into them... They are filled with chocolate ice cream (two have dark chocolate two have regular chocolate) and for stems they have whole Cinnamon sticks

Spooky TrEATS
Username: CHR0ME
Entry Link: 1 2
Graveyard
Its made out of what I had laying around the house: box of mint chocolate brownies (the writing is the mint chocolate drizzle from the kit,) pistachio pudding (added extra green with blue curacao liqueur because I don't have food coloring, lol) and Hershey's cookies and cream candy bars.

Spooky TrEATS
Username: HamatoKameko
Entry Link: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...PB080040-1.png
What is it/how was it created? Monster Cookies. Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies dyed green and orange. Green have raisins in them, orange do not.

Art Related

[size=2][color=blue][b]Feast your Eyes[/color][/b]
Username
Link to entry
Describe your piece, what food items are represented?[/size]
Quote:

Feast your Eyes
Username: Rabid Rainbow
Link to entry: Enter if you dare!
Describe your piece, what food items are represented?: Well, as you can see it is a haunted gingerbread house. We found the recipe/instructions in an American Girl holiday book that I have and my little sister has been wanting to make it for a long time. The house is 2 half gallon drink cartons (like Minute Maid orange juice) covered in chocolate graham crackers with white gel icing for the brickwork, and the towers are paper towel rolls covered in chocolate icing with chocolate covered ice cream cones as the points. The ghosts are nutter butters covered with white icing and have mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth. The tombstones are Milano cookies with orange icing for the RIPs and the BOOs. Chocolate wafers covered in chocolate icing and trimmed with orange icing are the windows and door, the pathway is Cocoa Pebbles lined with candy corn pumpkins, the fence is broken pretzel rods, and the trees (which are kinda hard to see) are split black licorice stuck in peanut butter cups. And the ground has crumbled chocolate graham cracker for dirt.

Feast your Eyes
Username: Shutterslut
Link to entry:
Describe your piece, what food items are represented?:
Ummm just some halloween themed cupcakes I drew.
Mmm they would be good if they were real.

Feast your Eyes
Username: Knerd
Link to Entry: Beware!
Describe your piece, what food items are represented?:
My piece describes the dangers of eating meat. :yes:

Feast your Eyes
Username: JeRegretRiens
Link to entry: http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3818/menecake.png
Describe your piece, what food items are represented? This is a Halloween cake I made on Games2Girls' Cake Maker. This is why I say I don't know if this entry counts--because I used an online cake decorator to make it. That said, just because it's point and click doesn't mean it's easy to make a pretty one. This took me a good half hour maybe forty five minutes, 90% of which was making sure the decorations were positioned just so for perspective and all. But either way, I'm happy with the result and I had fun.

Feast your Eyes
Username:girlbot9
Link to entry:http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...deviledegg.png
Describe your piece, what food items are represented?: i drawed it on mspaint it is a devilish looking egg i drew a egg and then did the horns ,wings,tail and eyes it is a deviled egg

Last edited by Melody; 11-09-2009 at 12:46 PM..

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 AM

What a weird and original contest! Good luck!

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 10-31-2009, 10:47 AM

Now you're talking! An excuse for me to make some awesome food! I am going to do this one!

raeofsunshinelove
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via Yahoo to raeofsunshinelove

Old 10-31-2009, 10:50 AM

wow I might just have to try and enter :)

cheng
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-31-2009, 10:58 AM

Oohhh!!....what a unique contest!
goodluck everyone!
(i luv munchkins)

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 11:39 AM

Oooh, this seems interesting.
Though i don't suppose my toffee apples are all that creative lol.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 PM

Roachi- I'm sure you could find a way to make them more creative. >.> Like give them a face? xD

Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter!! ^o^

I love spooky food ideas. xD

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 12:57 PM

Well i did make some of them chocolate. So i guess that's different. But not really spooky Lol. Aww i'm gonna have to think of something really awesome now xP

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 01:02 PM

I think I'm going to turn my pancakes for this morning into ghosts. >.> I wonder if the batter will cooperate with me? XD

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 01:07 PM

Oooh that sounds interesting. xP Goodluck with that!

Neyor
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 PM

Ghost pancakes. :drool: Reading that made me think of what you could use to decorate them, which led me to think of what kind of edible stuff there is that is black (to make eyes out of and such). And that in turn led me to think of liquorice, which in turn led me to think about what liquorice pancakes would taste like, or pancakes with liquorice on them. o_o Mmm.. liquorice.. :drool:
This thread is making me hungry, and I've just eaten. Evil thread. :ninja: But I can't wait to see the entires. <3 Just wish I could taste them too. :XD

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 01:53 PM

I'd use m&m's xD Because chocolate with pancakes is mmmm mmm good. <3

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-31-2009, 01:57 PM

This thread will end up making me so hungry XD

Kalyst
Kalyst the Conquerer is in!

Old 10-31-2009, 02:05 PM

You can draw food or must you make artistic pieces out of food? Just wondering-because if it's just drawing food then I can certainly do that *nod*

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 02:10 PM

Kalyst:
  • Quote:
    Spooky... Art of food?
  • That's right! This year we added a category for you non-culinary types. But I still expect creativity in your artful interpretations of food! (Yes, it must still be of food, but you can design it however you like)
I expect it to be art of food. Creatively interpreted into something fun. I'm probably going to be harder judging wise on art though. >.> Just because I find it easier to get a pen to do what I want, then it is to get say a hotdog to look like a ghost. ^^;;

.Jazzed
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .Jazzed

Old 10-31-2009, 02:16 PM

Ohh, I am very tempted to enter this contest!! >.> I got my mind a rollin' on ideas... we'll just have to wait and see...

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 04:14 PM

Lol whoo I might enter a some food pictures....but first I have to make the food which is going to be hard; because I cant really cook. But I would like to try.

Great idea by the way.

daemon_lucifer
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 04:21 PM

I don't quite understand the art part about the food entry, but I would like to try this is someone could explain it a little more...Is it where you describe the food or is it where you use the food to do a culinary art dish, like a design with the food?

Sorry for the confusion, I tried to understand by reading the thread...sometimes some things just don't make sense to me...

ittaitheboy

Old 10-31-2009, 04:22 PM

did you do that? thats really good.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 04:26 PM

Daemin- It's with art. Nothing to do with food, except that that needs to be the subject that you are drawing/painting/whatevering. :3

So say you want to make a spaghetti monster for the art portion of the contest. You'd grab your pens (or whatever) and draw one out. um, gimmie a sec.

Alright if I were entering the Art contest it would look something like:
Quote:
Feast your Eyes
Username Melody
Link to entry
Describe your piece, what food items are represented?
I'm representing Spaghetti. It's angry. and wants to eat you.
Does that make more sense?

Last edited by Melody; 10-31-2009 at 04:37 PM..