NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-30-2017, 10:30 PM

Watching them both take a seat he bysies himself filling bowl, plate, and cups with their respective meals, though Mira didn't actually say what he wanted he didn't turn down what was suggested either.

Fitting all the items on a tray he makes his way over to the table just as Viridis placed the gold shackles in a drawstring bag and was giving it to Mira. "I'm Hunter." He says laying the food out in front of them. "I'm a dar bit bigger then you but I do have some extra clothes. You can change after you've finished eating." He says looking at Mira. "Enjoy your meals." Giving them both a smile he returns to his spot behind the bar.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-31-2017, 12:36 PM

Mira didn't make a sound as Viridis turned his wrists this way and that to better get at the lock on the shackles. He tried to stare at the table as she worked, but quickly found himself watching her hands rather intently. Her fingers moved deftly, with a practiced ease. It only took a couple of jiggles and twists for each and then his bonds were gone. The physical ones, at least. But with them, a weight seemed to come off of Mira's soul.

An audible sigh left his lips before he could stop it, a sound of relief maybe? Even he wasn't sure, all he knew was that somehow he felt lighter now. Less connected to his master and the place he had escaped from. He didn't quite understand how removing those could make him feel so much better on an emotional level, but he wouldn't question it.

The gold objects were then placed inside a bag and handed to him. Mira blinked, those crystal blue eyes staring. She could keep them and sell them, he had expected her to. He stared for a few long moments before reaching out to take the bag. He brought it close, hugging it to his chest, a frown touched his lips for the briefest of moments. Part of him wanted to keep them, they had been a gift, but now that they were off, Mira wasn't entirely sure how he felt about them anymore.

He could worry over that later, and slowly the bag was placed down in his lap. Viridis had asked him to drop the title of 'lady', but even a merchant and his daughter were in a higher station than Mira. Of course he would respect her wishes, he would do that without even thinking. The innkeeper had returned, introducing himself. Mira had nodded at the introduction.

At the mention of clothes, the escaped slave's eyes had widened, and silently he watched Hunter return to his place at the bar. Another frown touched his lips. These people were giving him all these things. What could they possibly want from him in return? He had nothing to offer but his services as a slave, but that was the kind of life he was trying to escape from. He could clean, cook, and do all kinds of things. He was very very well trained.

Mira inhaled deeply and looked down at the food on the table. There was so much of it in front of him. Surely this much food had cost too much for it to be wasted on someone like him? Was it really okay for him to eat it? Was this a test? Would they actually get angry if he ate it, but they seemed so nice. Would they get angry if he didn't eat it? There was so much of it, he wasn't sure he would be able to eat all of it. Would that make them angry?

His body began to tremble, fear and uncertainty clear in his eyes as he gazed up from his food to look at Viridis, and then Hunter. If these people were sincere though it would be rude and wrong of him to refuse the food. He was so confused, but slowly he reached for his utensils and hesitantly took a dainty bite of his food.

It was the absolute most delicious thing he had ever tasted in his entire life, he nearly dropped his eating implement from the shock of it. Eyes wide with disbelief and more confusion. Why would they give someone like him something that tasted so good? He put his silverware down, and his eyes went to Viridis and then to Hunter. Mira licked his lips lightly, savoring the taste. "Sir Hunter, isn't...isn't this too good for someone like me to be eating?" His voice was soft and meek, afraid that the food would be taken away.

Afterall, a slave wasn't worth the effort. Again Mira had to remind himself, he was outside the estate walls, things would be different here. Should be different here, but it was rather difficult to accept that fact.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-31-2017, 03:32 PM

As the fire crackled and the storm raged outside, Viridis made a decision. She would take care of Mira until he could stand on his own two foot. He had lived a life like none she could ever have imagined. Perhaps someday he would give up the name of the person who had used him, and then justice could be seen. Viridis realized she would have to look up the laws regarding what had happened to her pale haired dinner companion. She couldn't even really think about it, name it in her mind.

When Hunter came with the food, introduced himself, she took a deep breath and hummed with delight. "Thank you! All of this smells delicious, and looks very filling." The stew, rich with tender chunks of beef and potatoes, succulent carrots and other delicious vegetables all floating in a wonderfuly spiced stock ... it filled the young woman's belly in a pleasant way. The tea complemented it with it's nutty flavor, as did the chunk of bread Hunter had brought over.

After a few bites, Viridis finally noticed Mira staring from her to Hunter and back with confusion and uncertainty. It was tempting to reach out and give hid hand a squeeze, but she wasn't sure if the runaway would find that comforting or even more distressing. Instead she spoke the first thing that came to mind, even though Mira had been speaking to Hunter. "Consider it a gift, Mira. And I thought you might need something to eat after the storm, and this is perfect.

She considered Mira's meal with a bit of a smile. The inn keeper had made a good choice, Mira probably needed the meat. "Hunter's cooking is wonderful, isn't it?"

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-02-2017, 04:46 AM

Mira continued to hesitate for a while, watching Viridis now, almost as if searching for any indication that she wasn't being sincere. He couldn't find any. The young man licked his lips, and looked down at his food. He was very hungry and that first taste had only seemed to make him hungrier. Still, this was a lavish meal, and the plate held far more food than he was used to eating at one time. Would they get angry if he couldn't finish it all?

His brow furrowed a bit as he stared at the food. The food was a gift? If that were really true, this was an amazing gift. Sure it would be gone when he ate it, but it was better than anything he'd ever been given before. Finally reaching a decision, deciding it was fine, he began to eat. His table manners were impeccable, though he did eat a bit quickly.

Mira was not able to finish his entire meal, he'd never been given so much food at one time before. His stomach could only hold so much. When he was finished, he had only eaten a little less than half. He had drank all of his tea with his meal though, that had been wonderful as well.

Finished, he looked up at Viridis. "I'm sorry, it's very good and I enjoyed it greatly, but I can't eat any more." He was sincere, it had been the best thing he'd ever eaten. Still he was concerned and nervous that Hunter and Viridis would be upset that he hadn't finished it all.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-02-2017, 10:46 PM

He smiles. "I'm glad you both enjoy it." he says going to check on the packages by the fire not wanting them to catch fire. He shifts some of the noticing that some of the wrappings had started to smolder while others were still damp to the touch.

Hearing that Mira had finished he finished tending to Virdis' packages and went to gather his dishes. "I can offer you some more tea if you'd like." he says putting Miras' dishes behind the bar and returns to their table with the tea pot.

OOC: sorry was having connection problems

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-02-2017, 11:02 PM

Hearing muffled voices coming up through the floor she looks down at the floor from the cozy spot she has found in a warm bath in her room. Considering going down to see who else has made it through in the nasty weather that is happening outside she just can't pull herself from the bath just yet. Not to mention that Hunter seems more than able to handle himself if trouble walked through his door.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 11:04 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-03-2017, 04:42 PM

Viridis savored her meal, finishing it just about the same time as Mira; her bowl was nearly empty.

"There's no need to apologize. You ate what you needed to, and enjoyed it." The young woman watched Hunter come and go from the corner of her eye, and nodded when he asked if they wanted more tea. She'd certainly liked the Inn's mixture of herbs, and wouldn't mind a second cup.

When Hunter returned with a tea pot, she held her cup out with a smile. "Thank you."

She thought of the rooms she'd asked about earlier, and what Mira might have wanted. It was the innkeeper's prescence that reminded her of it."Mira, would you like to have a room of your own? I intend on getting one for myself at least, and I'll take care of yours too if you'd like." She didn't want to be just another person Mira thought he had to listen to, but she had no idea how to treat him.

"There are enough rooms for that to be possible, aren't there?" Virids glanced from Hunter to Mira and back again.

(Sorry for the wait you guys.)

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-03-2017, 05:45 PM

Refilling both of their cups he nods collecting Viridis' silverware and dishes with his free hand. "Yes, when you're ready I'll show you upstairs I still have four available rooms. I'll leave it up to you if you want seperate rooms or share one. Once you're both settled I'll bring up your things." he says looking at Viridis. "And I'll look for a change of clothes for you." he says looking at Mira.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-04-2017, 01:05 AM

Her fingers pruned and the water cooling she works her way out of the tub and after dressing she takes a moment check her blade any dings and for sharpness. Seeing that her sword is still in good condition she turns the light out and settles into bed. She can still hear muffled voices coming up through the floor. Listening she watches rain streaking down the window across the bed wanting to make sure whatever is being said is friendly. She ready and willing to grab her sword and get downstairs should the conversation sound threatening.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 11:05 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-05-2017, 09:08 PM

Mira felt so very overwhelmed, and dizzy. The dizziness was most likely from being so overwhelmed with all of...all of everything. People outside the walls of the estate were so different, granted he'd only met two so far, but if everyone acted as these two did then being outside of the wall as a very nice place indeed. Yet he was still confused by all of this niceness. All of this..whatever it was..It was far too different.

It made him anxious, paranoid that everything was a trap. When those inside the estate were so nice to a slave, it was generally a test. Or another way to be cruel, give them something nice and then remove it in the next moment, then punish them for having the nice thing. Mira shuddered slightly for a moment. In that moment he wasn't sure what was real and what wasn't.

All of this, it was very surreal. He felt like he was about to have a panic attack. Mira inhaled deeply, and held his breath, counting the seconds before he exhaled. It helped somewhat, not enough, but it still helped. "I...I would very much like a room, please." He wasn't sure who to look at, so his crystal blue eyes darted between Hunter and Viridis. His pale skin seemed a bit paler now, a sure sign of his anxiety. So uncertain, so unused to things like this.

His head was beginning to ache, he felt like running again. His hands rested in his lap, the fingers curling around that bag that held his golden shackles inside. There was a small bit of comfort to be gained from gripping that bag tightly. Tight enough so he could feel the shackles inside. Something familiar in such an unfamiliar setting was what comforted him, not the physical symbol of his enslavement, just the familiarity.

Mira inhaled deeply again, his anxiety calming only the tiniest bit. His eyes were wide as they now rested solely on Viridis. What would she want in return for all the coin she was spending on him? She had bought him food and now a bed too. True she had told him to take care of her donkey, but that was worth a piece or two of stale bread at best, not this lavish and grand treatment.

That gaze dropped to the sack he clutched so tightly, his bottom lip trembled. They had been a gift, he had done his best to be good, to gain that favor and earn those golden bands. They were worth a lot, he knew that. The breath he let out was shaky, and slowly he lifted that sack and held it towards the woman. "These are the only things I can give to pay you back all the money you've wasted on me." His arms seemed to tremble slightly, he looked as if he might say more but Mira held back by biting on his bottom lip gently. He could have offered her himself, but he had so far escaped the clutches of one master, he was not to keen on the idea of jumping into the arms of another. No matter how nice she might be.

He glanced at Hunter, wondering if perhaps he should have offered some of the gold to that man as well.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-05-2017, 09:41 PM

Viridis waited patiently for Mira to think things over. The only reason she'd even offered to have just a single room was because she feared the young man wouldn't be comfortable alone; she had absolutely no idea what his life had been like after all.

Once Mira had made his decision, she busied herself counting the coins out to pay for the two rooms. She nearly dropped them all when her own linen bag, filled with gold, was thrust across the table at her. Viridis's first instinct was the shove those disgusting shackles back at Mira and refuse, but she stopped herself. Instead she took the bag gingerly with the very tips of her fingers. "The money wasn't a waste." A merchant's daughter to the core, she hefted the bag, trying to gauge how much the contents were worth.

Mira's former master must have had gold running through his veins, to shackle a slave with it! "With this, I'll be the one owing you ... Just so you know." Viridis had to stiffle a laugh at the situation. She was sure that would unsettle Mira!

She shook her head and finished off counting the coins before turning and handing them to Hunter. "Two rooms it is, and those beds are sure to be a welcome sight after we got caught in that storm still raging outside." She only included Mira in the statement too because she was fairly certain he had to be still chilled, despite the warm fire so nearby. And who knew how far he had walked to escape?

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 06-06-2017 at 03:24 PM..

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-06-2017, 02:24 AM

He nods taking the coin distracted by the interaction he spares a brief glance at the collection of coins in his hand before pocketing them. "If you're ready I can show you upstairs now. I'm sure traveling in this storm has worn you both out." He says sidestepping and motions to the doorway just beyond the bar.

ooc: did everyone get bored?

Last edited by NightStalker; 06-08-2017 at 03:10 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-09-2017, 04:33 AM

When Viridis spoke of owing him, Mira shook his head vehemently. She certainly did not, nor would ever owe him anything. Slowly Mira stood from his chair, he was exhausted, though still very uncertain about everything around him. Was it really okay for him to sleep in the bed, in a room all his own for the night? Was it really okay that Viridis wasted her money on him?

He glanced at her, then at Hunter. Both people seemed rather nice, but how much could he actually trust them? Mira shifted on his feet slightly, not used to being treated as more than just a thing. It was strange, nice, but confusing and a little worrisome. He still didn't know what these people expected of him, what they would want from him in return.

True he had given Viridis' those gold shackles, and they were sure to replace the coin she'd already spent on him, but he doubted that would be enough to repay everything she'd already done for him. She might want something more, she might want to keep him or sell him or something. He felt like this thoughts were just spiraling around in circles, and they were.

For a few moments he felt lightheaded, Mira inhaled deeply and offered a small smile towards Hunter. "I would like to go to my room now, please, if that's alright." As was usual for him, he sounded uncertain and a bit timid.

][Bored? No, it's just that real life responsibilities take priority over RPing, and I have a busy real life. So sometimes it takes me a few days to be able to sit down and post something.][

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-10-2017, 02:07 AM

He nodded at Mira and smiled at Viridis before turning and leading the way up the stairs. There are three steps, a landing and then to the right the stairs continue up to the second floor.

Upstairs a long hallway stretches out a few doors along the hall mark each room. He stops at the first door opens it and turns the light on. It's a simple room a queen size bed sits to the right against the far wall a fair sized window sits in the middle of the wall across from the door. "It's a simple room but the beds are soft and warm." He says going across the room to pull the drapes closed over the darkened window.

With that done he exists the room and goes onto the next room to do the same. "Ladies first?" He offers coming back into the hall and motions for Viridis to take the first room.

ooc: right sorry didnt mean to be pushy

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-10-2017, 02:20 AM

Hearing voices coming through the door to her room causes her to stir from sleep and stiffen. Sitting up in bed she stares at the door trying to fight off the mental fog that's letting her forget where she is, why she's here and who's talking.

Slowly remembering that she was caught in a storm and she stopped in an inn for food and shelter she soundlessly slips from bed taking her unsheathed sword with her, it had been laying in bed under the sheets with her. She tip toes to the door and presses an ear to the door ready to move should she have to.

She relaxes considerably when she hears the innkeepers' voice. More refugees from the storm still ragging outside. Curious she quietly moves to stand with her back against the wall just beside the door and listens to the so far one sided conversation at the other end of the hall. Her weapon still at the ready but now lowered to her side.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 11:06 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-10-2017, 08:30 PM

Viridis stood and checked on her packs before following Hunter up the stairs. She was more aware of Mira then she would usually have been. The whole situation with him still puzzled her, unbalanced her, and with the shackles he'd given her in hand ... The young woman couldn't put any of that's evening's events out of her mind.

"Hunter, when my packs are dry would you mind setting them by my door?"Viridis doubted the inn keeper would mind her request. So far the tall man had been accomodating and kind, the perfect host.

She turned to Mira for a moment. "Goodnight, I hope you sleep well."Viridis hesitate for a moment before saying more. "You can come find me if you need anything that our kind inn keper can't help you with." That done, Viridis slipped into her room and closed the door, barring it from the inside. She changed into a floor sweeping night dress and set the only pack she'd brought with her by the foot of the bed before settling into her bed to sleep.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 06-10-2017 at 11:33 PM..

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-10-2017, 10:02 PM

Nodding at Viridis he wishes her a good night as she closes her door. He turns to face Mira in case he needs any further help.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-10-2017, 11:05 PM

Hearing Hunter say good night and then a door close Raven quietly makes her way back into bed once again tucking her sword into bed beside her before settling down.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 11:07 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-11-2017, 04:11 AM

][I didn't mean to make you think you were being pushy, you weren't. I just meant to inform you that some of my posts might be days apart because I am fairly busy. It's definitely alright to give a reminder to people to post every now and then when things just come to a standstill.][

Mira hesitated the slightest bit before he followed Hunter up the stairs, those crystal blue eyes taking in the layout of the inn. When they stopped at the room that would be his, Mira blinked and stared inside. Was it really okay for him to use this room? It seemed so nice, and the bed seemed so huge. Did he really get that all to himself for the night? When Hunter moved away to show Viridis to her own room, Mira remained standing there, staring inside his room.

He turned slightly when he heard Viridis and Hunter, looking at them with uncertainty. Those delicate lips parted to say something, but he stopped himself and looked back into his room for a moment. There must be some mistake. When he looked back at Hunter he didn't see any signs in the man's demeanor to indicate anything other than this was Mira's room. When Viridis spoke he nodded almost numbly, then watched her disappear into her own room.

When her door was closed, Mira turned to Hunter. "I...Thank you." He bowed his head slightly and respectfully. "This room is wonderful." He was very sincere, and gave another slight bow before he moved to enter the room, closing the door behind him. Mira did not lock his door, in fact the thought that the door even had a lock never really occurred to him. He was used to being locked into rooms, not used to willingly locking the door for safety or protection.

Inside the room, he moved towards the bed, removing Viridis' cloak. Somehow he had forgetten he was still wearing it until now when he was getting ready for bed. Carefully he folded the cloak and set it near the bed, then he carefully and meticulously removed the gold jewelry that adorned his body. Those valuable things were lain ontop of the folded cloak, when that was all done, he climbed into the bed. Still very uncertain, but right now far to tired to be unaccepting of these things.

Mira fell alseep almost as soon as his head touched the pillow. The young man was far more exhausted than he had thought.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-11-2017, 11:02 PM

Watching Mira go into his room he bids him a good night as the door closes.

Returning to the first floor he checks on the packages by the fire first wanting to make sure none of them have begun to smolder or burn. Finding that most of the are now thoroughly dry he stacks them near enough to the door that they wont get in the way but should be easier to load up on Viridis' mule.

With that done he secures the door goes through his normal clean up routine clean tables, wiping down the bar, cleaning dishes, checking on the remaining food, and tending the fire. With that now done he goes to the foot of the stairs and listens for a moment to make sure no one is still up.

After a long moment of not hearing anything he moves back along the wall that follows the stairs upstairs and trips a small hidden panel about three feet tall at the bottom of the wall. Crouching down inside there's just enough room inside for a mattress which lays on the floor to his right which considering the hearth is also off to his right he's never needed to worry about being cold regardless the time of year. A series of hooks line about a foot of the wall directly in front of him all of which have clothing hanging on them. Immediately to his left on the floor is a sideways trunk nearly wedged in place.

Spending some time really digging through the trunk he finds some of his older clothes down near the bottom. They were still in decent condition though worn in spots like in the elbows and knees but smaller then what he currently wears. Given the size difference he can only hope that it will due until Mira is able to get something else. The only thing he can't give is shoes. Again given the size difference his the old par of boots he found could cause more trouble in causing Mira to trip with every step he takes.

Closing the trunk and the hidden door he puts the extra pare of boots behind the bar and then goes up to Miras' room. Noticing his light is already out Hunter places the folded shirt and pants just outside his door and returns to his own room. It never takes long for sleep to come to him tonight is no different.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 01:24 AM

The first signs of dawn just barely visible Raven is up dressed and pulling her shoes on. Not knowing who else came in last night she's wary about being strangers she finishes up by putting her sword back in its' sheathe which is now back on her hip. Unlocking her door and quietly strides down the hall and down stairs.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2017, 01:38 AM

Hearing someone come down the stairs startles him awake. He lets out a soft breath rubbing the sleep from his eyes he quickly and quietly gets to his feet careful not to hit his head on the underside of the steps and gets dressed. Thankfully he's done this enough that he can pull on a fresh pair of pants, a shirt, his boots and his apron on without bumping anything.

Crouching down at the passage he listens carefully to see if he can hear where his guest is now. Not wanting to give away his small hidden dwelling he wants to make sure who ever it is can't see him when he comes out.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 02:22 AM

Noting that Hunter is no where in sight most likely still sleeping she notices the pile of packages by the door as she starts for the door. Going up to the packages there is a hint of something burning in the air. Looking over them without touching them she notices that there are small slightly burned spots here and there on a few of them. Going to open the door she finds it locked but no one to unlock it as there is no latch on the door to unlock it and no key in sight. She sighs crossing her arms and moves to look out a window while waiting for the innkeeper to show.

Quote:

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2017, 02:29 AM

Hearing footsteps pass by the bar and they sound like the go towards the door he holds his breath until whoever it was passes and then quietly makes his way out of the passage and then quietly closes it again. Getting to his feet he grabs a towel from behind the bar and drapes it over his shoulder before making his way over to the hearth. Setting to work building kindling on top of the cold ashes left over from last night he hopes to make it look like he had been there the whole time trying to get a fire started so he can start breakfast.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 02:38 AM

Hearing noise behind her she spins around ready to pull her sword out She relaxes when she sees Hunter. "Good morning." She calls out moving closer. "I wasn't expecting anyone else up this early." She admits getting close enough to watch him.

Quote: