star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 09-14-2018, 08:26 AM

Okay i know you ahve a lot to fix.. but are you ever gonna release another CI again? i mean whats the point of donateing and such if there's nothing to GET. it feels like Mene's headed towards the 'shut down' Pile of sites the way its going.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-14-2018, 01:45 PM

I noticed that too. Had me kind of concerned.
Just because multi's can't be equipped anymore doesn't mean you can't release CIs.

If they look into the older items (2007) they were still very nice items despite being a single pose. I wish Menewsha would dial back to that. Sure it gives you less options, but you can make a CI quite a bit faster/cheaper

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 09-15-2018, 08:37 PM

If they ever decide to close the site, they'll need to refund the people who have donated and still have mennies under their name. When I bought mennies, almost a year ago, I didn't think the website would reach this stage. So I am pretty bummed out. I miss CI's, I miss events and hanging out with people. There is no incentive for me to be here anymore because there's nothing going on. I'm really upset tbh.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 09-16-2018, 01:11 AM

I mean mene's always been slow but tis always been ACTIVE. so the sudden lac of said activity has ME concerned. I was hoping it would be oen of the avi sites that made it .. because it offered so much..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-16-2018, 01:20 AM

Well... when the owner of the site openly refused our help, the site was bound to die.

Inso in my opinion is leaving mene to die.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-16-2018, 03:15 AM

I do hope you a're Not correct
Because if that is the case I would prefer it to come out right to our faces. I'm one of those stubbornly loyal faithful stupid people that stick by someone or something they love till until The Bitter End. I do hate feeling like an idiot. And it really infuriates me for spending all that money.

Last edited by hummy; 09-16-2018 at 03:18 AM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-16-2018, 11:44 AM

As with any site there is no guarantee when you donate. I think that's why it IS called a donation...its a language technicality unfortunately. I've donated to gaia in the past and even though I still have money left I dont expect them to refund it even if I dont use the site anymore or if it dies. Yes it sucks that I have unused mennies sitting in my account but I wouldn't expect a refund...especially from a website that obviously has no money...all the donations back when I was staff barely met operating costs. And that was a few years ago...now since people have probably stopped donating period in the last year I can bet we are operating in the red. (I also think of it like a kick starter project. Kickstarter states you are making a donation to help fund a project. There is no guarantee that you receive the product and kickstarter isnt responsible for it if you dont receive it since you made a donation with the expectation of receiving something...you didnt actually purchase a product)

I would like to see single pose cis as well...that would be a nice way to say we are still working hard. But it sounds like something happened with Wishie and I think Cora might be the only semi active pixelist now. I'm just taking a guess there. And there is only so much Cora can do. Especially if she is working on the next event items. If there is a next event.

I don't know...I think this whole situation sucks and it upsets me but I also understand that at least the small handful of active staff left are doing their best to control what they have the power to control. They literally can't do anything about any of these issues...zig, howdy, cora... they can't fix the site. That's an insomniac thing and it doesn't seem as though he has been on since he moved the server and broke it.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-18-2018, 11:15 AM

Maria - one thing they could do is downsize the site. It's awfully hard to find active posts. Especially since I post via cell.

There are lots of things mene can do. They may not be able to alter code but we could at least won together more.
As hummy says we are a quite loyal userbase. Why not let us help? It sucks that after almost 11 years on menewsha I'm not able to help it.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 09-18-2018, 08:33 PM

What the heck IS Inso doing, anyway??? Because it's obviously not anything Mene-related.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 09-19-2018, 12:22 PM

Heck I'd still donate if there was a REASON to, i donated to mene every month until CI's just stopped coming. even single pose CI's would make me donate again..because at least then I'd know stuff was beign worked on even if slowly. but the fact is minus the event we had, it seems as if the site IS dieing and that makes me sad. of all my avi sites mene was the one i visited EVERY day. heck i still do it just to see if anythings going on. 'rubs face' and even if we where back to one pose CI's I'd still donate..but if Inso isn't even lettign the people who want to help keep the site going help..maybe they should give it to soemoen who does want to see it continue to live.

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 09-19-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
Heck I'd still donate if there was a REASON to, i donated to mene every month until CI's just stopped coming. even single pose CI's would make me donate again..because at least then I'd know stuff was beign worked on even if slowly. but the fact is minus the event we had, it seems as if the site IS dieing and that makes me sad. of all my avi sites mene was the one i visited EVERY day. heck i still do it just to see if anythings going on. 'rubs face' and even if we where back to one pose CI's I'd still donate..but if Inso isn't even lettign the people who want to help keep the site going help..maybe they should give it to soemoen who does want to see it continue to live.
I second this. Find a new developer/site owner who is interested in avatar-based sites.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-19-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikio View Post
I second this. Find a new developer/site owner who is interested in avatar-based sites.
That's hard to do when the actual person who owns the site isn't around to give the code, graphics, and everything away to someone else. I also have a feeling that the amount of people who are into web development and into these sites has declined greatly. It's a popular and in demand field professionally, but it's become less of a hobby in the age of social networking. Much less anyone with money to really buy something like this that requires a lot of time and investment to get it moving again.

I wonder if something happened to him? Does any of the staff keep in contact outside of Mene? Social media? Etc?

As for CI's

You CAN multi-equip, and giving instructions on how to do so would be helpful, but you have to work around things and securities which is iffy at best.

Instead of CI's maybe look at some other kind of new items to collect that have that same CI feel to them. That way, if they are single-pose, that's okay. It could even be a collection of single-pose items. And you might not have to donate to get them, maybe partaking in activities on the site or entering contests, having a cool avi might be a way of getting them.

Or if CI's did come back in another form, maybe have them cost less mennies. A normal CI would cost 250, break down the average cost of poses per more recent CI and price the items at that rate, 10MN for one pose, 10MN for another. That way for 250MN, you're still getting all the poses, but you do have to click through more items. I'm not sure how the admin panel is set up to handle this though or if prices can be set through it, or it just automatically offers them at 250 and changing that requires getting into code to do it. IDK.

I think that's probably the best way to handle it in interim until Inso does decide to come back, if he does.

Last edited by Shion Uzuki; 09-19-2018 at 11:12 PM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-21-2018, 02:41 PM

Shion - That and some of us who are interested and stuff don't exactly have a lot of money

Menewsha needs to go mobile. That's what it is.

I think 100 mennies would easily be reasonable for a single post item.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-22-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Shion - That and some of us who are interested and stuff don't exactly have a lot of money

Menewsha needs to go mobile. That's what it is.

I think 100 mennies would easily be reasonable for a single post item.
That's the case pretty much across the board with any of these sites really. Not everyone can donate. n_n But for those who can, if there's items that can be released as single pose for 100mn that would be good.

Mobile is only going to make the site more accessible to existing members right now. And that can't happen because nobody can do it right now.

Also account registration is borked so new members can't replace the ones that are leaving!

But if Inso comes back and the problems are fixed, someone can create items again... then updating the site for mobile would be a good option.

It's sort of like saying that eating veggies is good for you but you have strep throat. Veggies won't cure the infection, antibiotics will, but it will boost your overall health. If that makes any sense.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-23-2018, 07:48 PM

It just dawned on me that the site move happened over a year ago. I'm very loyal to this site because of the people on it but I'm beginning to wonder what is really going on. I feel like even updates of nothing happening helps but honestly I think we need to be told if the site is just being left to die. Not that I would bail myself personally because I still like it here even when it's really slow and I'm the only one talking to myself. Obviously because I do it all the time period but I think that some people aren't even bothering to check back because of the lack of us knowing what's going on. And I'm not saying its staff not passing on information I'm saying they aren't getting information. I do wish Inso
would come by and just let us know

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-23-2018, 10:36 PM

True there's nobody here. Would probably require starting from scratch to pull in New blood. The users here are too set in their ways.

Hummy - that's really true.
Though if inso let's mene die and sells the name I might grab it for future reviving mene.
I'd just need to be financially stable at the time (which atm I'm not)

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-24-2018, 04:08 AM

Well, there's some good news, according to domain information, the domain is active until 2025. If something BAD happened but the hosting/server is still running or paid for (i don't know the details of the move) the site on minimum should continue to live on for another 6 years. But can the site continue to live without any actual updates for 6 years? If you know what happened at Avaricia when I had a lot of personal problems from 2012-2015, (and also last year and a chunk of early this year) when I was too busy at work to do much with the site, it just died and has been on life support since then. But we were always small due to my old wonky artwork. So it would probably take longer to fizzle out to the point where two or three people are logging in a few times a week.

But on the bright side, I was able to revive it to a point where we were able to host events and activity did shoot up. But it was never the same.

I'm kinda afraid Mene is going down this same path. :(

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 09-29-2018, 12:08 AM

New Auctioner items, single pose recolors of poses from previous CIs, and new npc items all sound lovely to me. O: I really hope someone could find time to work on that. > 3<

Really sucks that we aren’t able to get new users...

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-30-2018, 09:44 PM

Well looks like this thread flew under our radar! *taps on the radar* no, wait... I... forgot to turn it on it seemsMOVING ON!

We are working on some options for CIs! I'm not really able to give any sort of definitive timeline for anything so I'll just say that it is a definite priority! Our pixelist crew is a bit short staffed at the moment so that slows down production a bit.

As for new users, I believe there is a way for Admins to "make" users for when new NPCs are needed. I'm not sure if this applies to if someone wants to join the site and make a new account. It "might" be an option though if anyone knows of any new users out there that are interested in the site. I use a lot of quotations as I'm not really sure if this is an option on the table and ultimately, it is up to the Admins (if it would even work) to implement it. If anyone should find a person that is interested in the site though, shoot me a DM and I'll bring it to the attention of the staff and see if it's something they want to pursue. I make no promises.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2018, 07:08 AM

Make us promises

No, seriously thank you for the update

Apocalyptic
Wasteland Wanderer

Old 11-12-2018, 11:13 PM

Why aren't you letting new users join? Like surely with your lack of monthly items and whatever you'd want to at least encourage some activity so the site doesn't completely die?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-13-2018, 12:17 AM

The join page is also one of the things that are broken, so new people can't join.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-21-2018, 05:44 PM

Looks like we're getting new members to join again =3

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 01-14-2019, 03:47 PM

I'm really missing new CIs as well... I would donate EVERY month just to get myself one of each new item and then extra.

Seriously, I really think if new Mene items were added the site would pick up again. It kind of adds a little bit of excitement if you ask me..

The marketplace and exchange forum would become much more active again as well.

So, pleeease consider starting the monthly CIs/ more Mene items again?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-15-2019, 06:13 AM

I think it's because Wishie is away which is why we don't have new CIs/Mennies items. D: