CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 06-20-2015, 01:13 PM

Kevin smiled and wished the other good luck on his new job. "Yes, it's been good. And I keep coming here often to work on my programs." He looked behind the man and saw a woman staring intently at Terrance. "Whoa, that lady seems to have a thing for you." He smiled at him.

"Well, I'll see you around, then, Terrance," he said and walked away. Terrance was good-looking, no doubt. There was already a girl there who was into him, and they would probably get together soon enough. Well, it wasn't like Kevin was concerned. He hardly knew the man, anyway. He walked back home.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-22-2015, 04:49 AM

Great, Kevin came to the library often. That was exactly what Terrance needed in his life. He sighed and nodded his head. "It's been nice. I will see you when I do." At the mention of stares, he didn't even have to look; he felt no need to since he knew the source. Somehow, the misinterpretation the other man had made him want to jump and correct it. He almost did, but stopped himself at the last second. He simply watched him go like this didn't matter at all. "Farewell, Kevin."

When the man finally left, Terrance turned to look over his shoulder at Lacy. "I believe it is impolite to stare," he muttered in a mild voice. She turned red, but did turn away.

"Sorry. It was just..." Did he not want to say aloud or admit what she already guessed. After a second, she gave it up. "Never mind. Let's just get back to work."

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 06-22-2015, 01:11 PM

Kevin stopped at the grocery store to get some things for the house. He tried to remember everything he needed to get and scolded himself silently for not writing lists. He got everything, though; tuna, potatoes, a toothbrush, bread, cheese and pickles. He'd loved pickles in his childhood and still loved them. He smiled, happy that for once, he remembered everything that he needed to buy.

He went home to find Kayla sitting on the front porch. She seemed to be waiting for him. He walked over to her. "Hey," he greeted her as she looked up. "What's up?" He was caught off guard by her sudden smile. "Uh, w-what's going on?" he asked, uncertainly. By way of an answer, she held up her hand. An engagement ring was shining on her ring finger. Kevin's face broke into a smile. "No way," he said and hugged his sister. "Congratulations, Kayla. It took that dimwit Calvin so long to propose? Ouch!" He had received a smack on his forehead from his sister, who laughed along with him. Kevin was happy for her. He asked her to come inside the house to celebrate.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-22-2015, 05:26 PM

When Terrance got home after work, Johnathan was just kicking off his shoes after returning himself. "How was your day?" he asked the older male. Johnathan shrugged.

"We've got plenty of time to get used to it." It served as good enough for an answer and Johnathan didn't offer more. Terrance sighed to himself and went about freshening up for dinner. He knew his older cousin was right. As much as he wanted to on edge, waiting to be of use to his country, years might pass like this. Years. He wondered if he could survive hiding like this for such a long time even though he'd managed to do so for his entire life already.

After dinner, he laid down with a book in bed, still thinking over the problem. Maybe he should have just been born differently. Then he wouldn't ever have to choose which was more important to him--love or his mission.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 06-23-2015, 02:09 PM

Inside the house, Kevin and Kayla drank to her future life with her husband-to-be. It was only sodas, though, since neither of them was particularly fond of alcohol. They talked about a lot of things. Her fiance, Calvin. Their parents, with whom Kevin was not on the best of terms. The possibility of children. The idea of marriage and the way it scared Kayla, a little.

Finally, Kayla left, leaving Kevin free to his own devices. He sat down on the couch, a little thoughtful. Kayla had found love a long time ago and was now willing to start a life with him. Soon, Kevin would be expected to do the same, even though he didn't want to. He didn't have that kind of time yet. Kayla had to understand.

It was true that he felt that it was impossible for him to find love. But even if he was lucky enough, he wanted to make sure his own life was secure before deciding to spend the rest of it with another person. And for that, he needed to concentrate on his studies right now.

He fell asleep on the couch, slowly and without realizing it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2015, 05:39 PM

The next day, Terrance woke with alarm clock-like accuracy. He didn't even give one of his housemates a chance to knock on his door. "I'm leaving," he told each of them with a quick peek in their door. Michael rolled over at the last second to address him.

"Don't forget, two weeks from now, Sunday. Make sure your schedule is free."

Terrance rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to forget so soon." In fact, he considered himself the most responsible of them at times. "I'll see you for dinner. Bye." That said, he headed to the library again. Hopefully this day would be boring and maybe the rest of the week. It would be better to just be Sunday. Then he would at least have something to do.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 06-25-2015, 01:08 PM

College didn't hold any surprises for Kevin the next day. Same old classes, same old people, same old everything. The only new thing was probably the new assignment the professor gave him at the end of the class. Kevin was the only one who got such assignments; in fact, he had asked to be given them. His professor had been surprised yet pleased. And Kevin proved his competence every single time.

His thoughts went to Kayla. She had texted in the morning to let him know that she and her fiance had fixed a date for the wedding that was about seven months from now. Kevin's thoughts did not linger on his sister for too long, though. His attention snapped back to the lesson almost as soon as he had thought of her.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-07-2015, 05:44 PM

After his work shift ended, Terrance spent his time walking home. This city was nothing like the one he'd been raised in. So many people, so many lights. It almost felt like a dream, or a nightmare. He couldn't decide which. He did know he preferred to walk through the many busy streets instead of taking the crowded and smelly subway the eight blocks it was between his home and the library. It took a while to walk, but he couldn't have cared less.

Terrance walked past the little homes all squished together, all similar looking. He paused in the spot between his home and the one next to it as he just looked up at them. He liked to think he was cold and easily adapted to all of this, but it really was just all too strange no matter what he thought.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 07-08-2015, 12:29 AM

Kevin was glad that the classes ended quickly. He packed up and went back home, eager to start working on his new program. He lit a smoke and drove back and pulled into the driveway. He paused for a moment as he noticed someone walking towards the house that was next to his own. He got out of his car and put the cigarette out.

"Terrance?" he called out and waved. "Hi, do you live here?" He almost had trouble believing it. This man was turning up almost everywhere.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-21-2015, 02:27 AM

Terrance startled as a voice called out to him. The house sat right in front of him, but he hesitated to complete his journey and turned around instead. He really shouldn't have though because he knew just who the voice belonged to. "Hello, Kevin. I do live here. And you...?" It was polite to ask even if it looked obvious that they lived next to each other. Could this situation possibly get more tangled? Terrance resisted the urge to cross his arms or just stalk away before he received an answer. His eyes traveled down to look at the extinguished cigarette before he lifted his eyes back to Kevin's face. "I suppose this would explain why we often run into each other."

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 07-21-2015, 01:45 PM

If Terrance hadn't been right in front of him, Kevin would have laughed out loud. He kept it in, though, and answered the other. "Yeah, right next door," he said, pointing to his house. It couldn't have been more obvious. Suddenly, Kevin felt rather odd about the whole thing. First the club, then the library, and now here...? It was ridiculous.

"Yeah, it would," he said. It would explain a lot, he thought. "So, how do you get home from the library everyday?" he asked, on a whim. Immediately, he knew that he would scold himself for it when he got back home. But he waited for Terrance's answer.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-26-2015, 06:48 PM

Inwardly, Terrance let out a sigh. It seemed all his plans about about staying aloof from his temptation kept getting thwarted. He turned his eyes away, making sure to keep the polite but cold mask on his face. He didn't want Kevin seeing how much he hated and rejoiced at seeing him now.

"I walk. Isn't that the average way to get from place to place?" he asked and couldn't help but lift one eyebrow up ever so slightly. To him, it seemed a very odd question to ask. Nor did he see Kevin's point in asking. "Don't you?"

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 07-27-2015, 10:50 AM

Kevin could see that his question had seemed weird to Terrance. To answer the other's question, he pointed to his car. "I don't," he said, smiling. "Driving's an easier way to get from college to the library."

Starting to feel a little uncomfortable all of a sudden, Kevin began to think of a possible excuse for his pointless question. "Well, uh -" he began, inwardly thinking, Smooth, Kevin, real smooth. "I just asked because I thought it might be easier for you if we carpooled."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-27-2015, 07:35 PM

Terrance felt like groaning and hitting himself. Of course he forgot about driving. In this city, it could be hell as far as he knew. Everyone said so an the sign of the choked streets confirmed that to him. "Oh...of course." What else could he say to that. He was just thinking of an excuse to end this pointless conversation when Kevin stuttered and mentioned something he didn't expect at all. "Excuse me?" He felt like he needed to make sure he heard that right and to give his unreasonable hope a chance to level off. "Why would we do that?" he asked in a careful tone.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 07-28-2015, 06:03 AM

If Kevin had initially felt weird about the situation he was in, then his current feeling could probably be best described as downright embarrassed. He hadn't expected Terrance to react to his suggestion the way he did. "I thought carpooling would be a good idea," he repeated and bit his tongue a little. What in the world was wrong with him? He was acting like a nervous little school boy.

"Well, truth be told, it wouldn't make much of a difference to me," he said. "I just thought that since I go to the library everyday to write my programs and you work there, it would be easier for you to just let me drive you. And I could use the company, too."

I'm trying to be nice here! And save my face too... God, this is way too confusing for me. Kevin was fuming internally. He was not used to being so uncertain about himself. The only other time this had happened was in high school, when he'd had his first crush and he hadn't liked the feeling back then either.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-28-2015, 06:06 PM

Terrance counted down in his head to force himself not to snap out anything he would regret. Of course it made sense on a logical level to carpool. Americans were concerned about such things like the environment even though they were so good at screwing it up. But it was just as Kevin said--he'd be helping Terrance, like a gift or a debt still yet to be paid. Terrance didn't want to accept such one way dealings because they made no sense to him.

"Wait!" he exclaimed before Kevin could walk away like he was bound to do. Terrance resisted the urge to bite his lip. "Would you really enjoy the company I can offer?"

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 07-30-2015, 10:34 AM

Kevin almost bit his lip; almost. He shrugged simply and looked at the other. "Sure, why not? I would enjoy your company," he said, trying to sound flippant. This wasn't false, at any rate; he didn't really have any real friends, just the occasional classmate who dragged him off to some party or the other. The only person he really talked to was probably Kayla.

"Well, I don't want to force you," he finally said. "It's up to you, really. If you don't want to, it's cool." He wondered whether he should just turn and walk back home, but indecision led to inaction, and he just stood there.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2015, 02:48 AM

Terrance frowned a tiny bit before he decided that Kevin wasn't lying. He could read people well and it did seem the other would enjoy his company. Sadly, Terrance would enjoy his too. Michael already made so many friends, mostly female but some male, already that he felt a little inadequate. As troublesome as being in close quarters with Kevin might prove to be, he needed to do his own part to assimilate.

"Very well," he said finally. "I will agree to this carpooling idea with you. What time do you typically leave in the morning?"

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 08-09-2015, 05:08 AM

Kevin's face broke into a smile when the other agreed to the carpooling idea. "Well, college starts at eight thirty, so I usually leave at eight," he said. "I still reach college early, so if you want to leave later, it's fine. I could drop you earlier too, if necessary. The only thing is that we can't leave any later than eight fifteen, or I'll get too late for college."

He knew he wouldn't mind going to college early, even if it was by half an hour. He just had to make sure he wouldn't get late.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-19-2015, 05:44 PM

"That's fine," Terrance said with a nod. "For now, I only work the nine to noon shift and I don't mind being early." It seemed to please others when he arrived early enough to help set up and he himself did not mind mornings in the least. They were quite possible to the idea of working at night. "Well then..." He took a hesitant step back toward his own driveway. "I will see you around eight tomorrow." With that, the turned and disappeared back into his own home where his two housemates that had been watching from the window wanted to know just what he could possible talk to with the neighbor for so long.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 02-09-2021, 07:04 PM

(Hi, I see you're still here and roleplaying. If you're interested in picking this up where we left off, let me know, and I'll edit this post. :D)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-10-2021, 01:08 AM

(Um, It's been more than 5 years so I don't really have an interest in this anymore. If you wanted to rp, I'd much rather start something new. :/ )

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 02-10-2021, 12:54 PM

Sure, I'd like to start another. Did you have an idea in mind? If not maybe I could suggest some stories or pairings.