Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-10-2016, 10:27 PM

Roland had heard Alexi exit the cabin so he was not surprised to hear his voice. "It's so quiet out here..." he mumbled as he motioned for him to join him. They rarely didn't this much time together, it was always rushed, always limited, he wanted to enjoy it while they could, before he thought about all that he would be leaving behind.

"Do you remember how we first met, so long ago?" Roland mused as he watched the pay off colors in the sky, the setting sun leaving behind a trail of color. The grass was cool sat his bare back, chilling him, but he didn't want to move, not yet.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 11:21 PM

Alexi goes and sits on the grass next to him. He did remember how they met. He remembered it very clearly. "I do." He said witha small smile. "I remember it all very clearly." He took in a deep breath the night air full of wonderful scents. "I was foraging through your families garbage. You came out and caught me." He said pausing a moment. "I was terrified." He also remembered how his powers had caused the wind to pick up. He hadn't had the control of his powers then that he had now.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 11:28 PM

Roland laughed, remembering. He hadn't ever been so close to a mutant, but he knew that Alexi was one the second he saw him. The white hair, the white eyes, they made him stick out. His first instinct should have been to tell his father, to stop him, but he couldn't. He didn't. He had been told mutants were ruthless, would kill him just for being human, but that didn't seem so true anymore. Roland still remembered the feeling of the wind around him, picking up, controlled by Alexi's emotions. It had somehow served to draw him closer, and now here they were.

"We're so different, how can we be so sure this will work?" He mused as he grabbed Alexi's hand in his, comparing the colour of their skin, remembering the difference in their looks. His bright red hair stood out compared to the stark white of Alexi's. They could never be in public, not without people looking down on them... without stopping them. Was this what he wanted?

Yet the thought of leaving, of going back home and possibly never seeing him again wasn't something he was sure he could manage. Roland didn't wait for an answer, instead he jumped up, pulling Alexi to his feet. "Come on, let's go home..." He urged, pulling him towards the cabin, hoping he understood the choice he was making, what he was willing to give up for him.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 11:41 PM

Alexi went to answer but was pulled up by Roland. He heard him say home as they headed to the cabin and his heart swelled. Was this what he thought it was? Was he somebodies first choice? He didn't dare jinx it by saying anything. They got into the cabin and Alexi wrapped his arms around Roland. Roland would be safe from the attack that was coming. That was all that really mattered to him.

"I am going to go get wood to start us a fire." HE said kissing Roland's cheek before heading out to get wood.

Soon there was a fire going in the stove and the cabin was warm. He did hope they were far enough out for the smoke not to be seen. But he knew that Marcus and the others never went to far a field. He had some fresh fish from the river.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 11:49 PM

Roland wanted to argue, to insist they forgo the fire, but his own chill made him keep quiet. Was Alexi cold as well? He wasn't sure if the mutants were the same, feeling the same cold, the same hunger, the same pain. To him they didn't seem so different, aside from the strange way that Alexi could control the wind, something Roland wasn't sure he'd ever fully be used to. He wasn't afraid of it, but it was exciting and new each time, something that sent chills down his spine no matter how many times he felt it. How he envied the ability, even if it would have put him in exile.

He felt a bit useless as Alexi did all the work, starting the fire, gathering food, but he knew little about how to survive on his own. He wanted for nothing, not with the money his family had, the conveniences that were afforded to him. He had never even cooked a meal for himself, the most he had done was make a sandwich once. Was he really so helpless?

"Is there anything I can do?"

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 12:10 AM

"You could set the table." Alexi said pointing to a cupboard that held the dishes and silverware. He had gathered a jug of water while he fished. He really needed to learn how to use his powers to take down larger animals. Like deer. If he could kill a deer he knew what to do with the meat. He had learned that from his own father. That was before he had become a mutant. Or a freak as his family had called him. He wondered if he could use his powers to suffocate a deer. He knew for a fact they came into this clearing all the time.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 12:17 AM

Roland nodded and did as he was bidding, setting the table for the two of them, a strange and sort of intimate task that he was not used to. How would it work, them being together all the time now? What if their love was not as strong now, now that they didn't have the excitement of hiding it, of sneaking around. Would the magic be gone?

"Do you think someone will see the smoke from the fire?" He couldn't keep his questions in, he was worried they would be caught. Would they always have to live on edge, jumping at every sound, wondering if today would be the day they would be caught?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 12:43 AM

"I don't know. But I would rather not freeze to death." HE said putting the finishing touches on the fish he had cooked. He brought the table putting it on the plates. He was scared too. Scared of being caught. Scared of Roland getting hurt. "I'm sorry there is only fish to eat right now. I'll have to go foraging for more at some point." He put the pan on the stove and got them each a glass of water.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 12:50 AM

Roland was sure he heard the fear in Alexi's voice, or maybe he was imagining it. The idea of freezing to death was not something he wanted though, so he supposed they must take the chance, risky as it was. He watched in silence as the meal was placed before him, yet he felt no hunger, his stomach was still in knots from the choice he had made, the way his entire life had changed in the last few hours.

"It's okay, I'm not very hungry..." Roland mumbled as he picked at the fish on his plate, shuffling it around instead of eating. Despite how thin he had grown he still found himself unable to eat much, worry driving him near starvation over the past few weeks as the tension grew among the humans and mutants. He just didn't understand the divide, why the mutants were treated so, he wanted to ask Alexi, but he hated to ruin the good mood they were currently in.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 12:55 AM

"You should eat. Your practically skin and bones." He said as he watched Roland. That was something his grandmother had always said. She had died when Alexi was very young. But he was glad she had died before he had become a mutant. At least her last thoughts of him had been positive. He sipped at his water a bit. All of a sudden his eyes went wide. He had just figured out when Marcus would attack. This wasn't good, wasn't good at all.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 12:57 AM

Roland only grumbled out a reply and made a show of taking bites, which were tiny and he still ate little. It was weird to see someone care about his health, sure his parents did to a point, like they had sent him to a doctor, but they had never asked what came of the visit. Their parental duty was done.

He noticed as Alexi's eyes widened. "What is it?" He questioned, not liking the strange look on his face. Had he heard someone coming? Panic set in and he was ready to bolt, to do whatever it took to not be caught.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 01:14 AM

"I think I know when Marcus will attack." He whispered. He hoped he was wrong. Lord he hoped he was wrong. But he was sure he wasn't. It would explain the way they had been training. He shook his head. He couldn't worry about that. Though he couldn't help but worry. He knew those people were horrible. But did they really deserve to die? How many innocent people would be killed as well?

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 01:18 AM

"You do? When?" Roland asked, sitting up straighter and scooting a bit closer to Alexi. Was there time for them to do something? Anything? Not that he knew what the two of them could do that wouldn't get either of them killed. Yet all he could picture was the innocent people who would be caught up in the mess, victims on both sides. "There has to be something we can do..."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 03:14 AM

"The convention your father is planning. It would make sense." He whispered. All he could think about was that was Roland was safe. And he felt guilty for feeling that, since he knew there would be many innocent lives lost. But the only life in that city he cared about was sitting here in this run down cabin with him. He leaned against Roland and started shaking all over. The wind outside picked up outside as his emotions started to get the better of him. He was just glad he was able to keep it outside and not have the wind be blowing this way inside.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 03:33 AM

Of course that made sense, why not attack at one of the largest anti-mutant events yet? Roland felt sick, knowing his family would be in the middle of it, even if they were at fault, he didn't like the idea of them being there for it. Instinctively his arms went around Alexi, holding him tightly. He could feel the change in the air around him, hear the wind outside as he struggled for control over his emotions. "Shh, shh... I'm here." He whispered while rubbing his back, wanting to calm him before it could get worse. Never before had he seen the full extent of Alexi's powers, and as much as he wanted to, not while he wasn't in control.

Even knowing that he shouldn't, Roland felt a chill of excitement as the wind continued to churn. He pulled Alexi's face to his, kissing him deeply, to calm the man while fulfilling his own growing need.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 10:23 AM

Alexi fought hard for control. But that was the thing, he wasn't in control. He wasn't in control and he hated it. He hated it so much. He was glad he wasn't alone. That was probably the reason he hadn't completely lost it yet. He had Roland. All of a sudden he felt the kiss. He groaned into it and the wind died down. He put his arms around Roland's neck as he continued to kiss him. This, this was good. They were good. They, for some reason, were meant to be together. They were safe, they were out of the fight. After a moment he broke the kiss panting for breath.

"Thanks." He mumbled nuzzling Roland.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 10:38 AM

Roland had forgotten his purpose of the kiss after a moment, drawing Alexi as close as he could. When they stopped for air he was panting, clinging to him as he attempted to catch his breath. "Anytime." He mumbled with a laugh, happy for this moment, even if everything around them would soon be thrown into chaos.

After catching his breath he pulled away, standing up and pacing the cabin. "We can't stay here without any supplies..." He began, wondering how Alexi would react to his proposal. "I want to go to my parents house, to get a few things. They'll be out at the charity auction until late, it's the perfect time..." The sun had fully set, darkness would serve as the perfect cover to sneak into his own house and gather things they might need.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 10:41 AM

"It's risky." HE said pushing down a new wave of panic. "But you're right. I just... wish there was another way. Another place." He said having lost his appetite himself. He watched as Roland paced. How had he gotten so lucky? "But you aren't going alone. I couldn't stand being here and not knowing what was happening to you. He stood and went over to Roland pulling him close with wind. He kissed his neck. "You're my everything Roland. Without you I have nothing."

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 10:50 AM

Roland sighed, leaning into Alexi, shivering at the display of power. He knew that he would say that, want to go with him, he was glad for it, but it made things more difficult. "If I go alone and get caught, there isn't much they can do... but if you get caught..." He trailed off, not even knowing what would happen if his parents found a mutant sneaking into their home. Of course Roland could turn off the security system, he knew how to avoid the cameras, but as soon as he entered the house his father would know, and might just come home to confront him for missing the auction and being gone all day without notice.

"We should go now, if we want to get there and have time before my parents return..." As much as he wanted to stay, to hide themselves away, this may be the last chance they will have to leave the forest, to gather supplies for their new life. Extracting himself from Alexi, he finished dressing himself, pulling on the shirt he had left discarded earlier, and tugging on his shoes which had been cast aside in haste earlier. He knew Alexi would be close behind so he left the cabin, walking out into the darkness. Clouds had moved in, helping to obscure the moon. "I'm not sure I know the way back to the city..."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 04:22 PM

"I won't go in with you. I'll stay outside and be the lookout." Alexi said as he got dressed as well. He was both excited and nervous. This was all just moving so fast.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 04:26 PM

Roland nodded, knowing it was a good idea. If he was caught, he could just make an excuse and hurry and escape before his parents could do much, hopefully. With Alexi's help they hurried through the forest, back towards town. Each movement around them had Roland jumping, wondering if they would be caught, if someone was watching them. By the time they reached the outskirts of the city, he was nervous and considering turning back around.

No, they needed stuff if they were going to survive. He would have to do this. "What do you think we'll need?" He asked while trying to keep a mental list of all the things he wanted to grab.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 07:38 PM

Alexi was nervous as well. His senses were on heightened alert as they moved through the forest. He wanted to turn back but he knew they had to do this if they were to survive. He took deep calming breaths. He had to stay in control. He couldn't afford to loose control

"Seeds for spring. Though I doubt we can get them at your house. Non perishable foods mostly. And blankets, and clothes." He said thoughtfully. He wondered if there was anything he was missing.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 08:00 PM

Roland nodded, adding the items to his list. He would grab as much as he could, as quickly as he could, but he wasn't sure what he'd be able to find. "Do you know where my window is?" He asked as they grew closer to his house. "I'll throw down a few things to you. I'll turn on a light, you should be able to find it..." Roland was practically running, he wanted to rush and get there so they could leave quickly. He hated that Alexi would be in so much danger, trespassing at his parents house like this.

They finally reached his house and Roland left Alexi behind, hoping he would be safe while he was inside. The porch light was on but there were no other lights in the house, a good sign. He entered his code in the keypad and when the door opened he turned off the security system. His father would get the alert, would know that he was home. Would they rush home to confront him? He hoped not, but planned to be quick either way.

His first stop was the kitchen, where he threw open the pantry. Despite having money the kitchen was usually bare, relying on restaurants and carry-out. He was pleased to find a few items, an expensive jar of jam, organic peanut butter, and an imported hazelnut spread. It wasn't much, but it would get them through. He took the fresh bread from the counter, as well as the apples from the silver platter. His parents would hardly even notice this stuff missing. His arms were full, he found his mothers yoga tote and emptied it onto the counter and filled it with the food items he had found. The only other things he managed to find were some chocolates and a nice bottle of wine.

With the kitchen all but emptied, he hurried to his room, wondering how much time he had. He turned on the light and threw open the window, hoping that Alexi was waiting. He threw out two blankets and his pillows then started to fill his dufflebag.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 08:29 PM

Alexi went to the window when the light came on. He started gathering up the things that Roland tossed out. He was shaking with nervousness. He knew that they were running on borrowed time. They wouldn't get caught, they couldn't get caught. NO! He had to stop thinking like this or he would loose control. He hoped he could carry all this.

Lucius, a small boy with navy scales, watched Alexi and Roland from the shadows. So Marcus was wrong about humans. Why else would this one be with Alexi. "Alexi?" He said softly.

"Lucius." Alexi said turning to the voice. He was glad to know the small boy was alright. He had hated leaving him behind.

"I don't want to go back," He said softly.

"You can some with us." Alexi said.

Lucius nodded and gathered up some of the clothes that Alexi hadn't gotten too.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 08:39 PM

Roland was frantic as he tossed things from the second story window. He figured Alexi would take what was useful and leave behind what wasn't. Hoodies, coats and other random items that were too large for the duffle bag were dropped, then soon the dufflle bag followed. Hopefully Alexi was paying attention and wouldn't be hit by the falling items. He grabbed his backpack and dumped out the contents before going into the bathroom to grab anything useful. Soaps, razors, and other toiletries, as well as whatever medicines and first aid items he could come by.

A sound downstairs made him pause. Was that the door? He was frozen in place, listening for any sound. "Roland!" The unmistakable sound of his fathers voice boomed through the house. There was no way he'd get past them, and they would not let him leave, not without a fight. Would they follow him? Or worse, have him followed? If he was caught with Alexi they'd both be in trouble.

He rushed to his room and closed the door, locking it tightly and throwing a chair in front of it. Hopefully it would hold his father off long enough. "Alexi!" Roland called frantically from the window, leaning over and searching in the darkness. "My father is home! I'm going to have to come out through the window..." His words served as a warning. Despite being only on the second floor, his window was high from the ground due to the tall ceilings of the house. He grabbed the yoga bag, afraid to throw it and damage the food items. "I'm coming down." He warned in a loud whisper, hoping Alexi could hear him, but his father wouldn't. he shuffled out of the window and hung onto the window ledge. There was nowhere else to grip, no way down except to drop. Hopefully Alexi would be paying attention and be able to help...

Placing his trust in the man that he loved, he let go of the window sill and began to fall.