Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Vixen with a Vendetta

Old 06-22-2009, 11:30 PM

[Introduction][Art Contest][Giveaway]
[imgleft]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5702/valeventdoodlefx8.jpg[/imgleft]
A little 'bout Vixen
I've decided to come out of my hiding hole for a little while to enjoy the event. For those who know me, great for you, sucks for the ones that don't... Just kidding.

Call me Vix or Vixen if want, 'Hey Bitch' works too if you're the right person.

ANYWHO, I've got a little art contest, a bit different than others, and a giveaway going on here, so stick around. You know the rules. Leave your drama at the door and blah, blah, blah...

Last edited by Vixen with a Vendetta; 06-22-2009 at 11:47 PM..

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 PM

The contest will continue past the event so look for a thread in Art Contests afterwards.
Art Contest - Slither

So instead of doing an art contest for my avatar or original character, I want YOU to draw the cover for my book. Interested? Keep reading.

As some of my friends may know by now, I've been working on a novel lately. I haven't really given away much information about it, but it's progressed to the point where I'm printing chapters for friends to read and critic. Now I hate passing them the papers and having a boring blank white page cover. So I'm looking for something to add a little life to it.

Keep it mind though, this is just for a manuscript or whatever you want to call it. It will not be published in anyway, taken credit for, or profited from.

Still interested?
Good.

Requirements
Title: Slither
Author: S. L. Scarlet
(Penname ^)

Other Information
I'm looking for something dark and mysterious for the cover. The main villain's symbol is a golden serpent, so something incorporating that would be very good. Other symbols from the book are good as well, such as a bow and an arrow (dark red coloring), a red-tailed hawk.
If you feel inspired to attempt the characters from the book, let me know, but I'm not leaning towards that.

Prizes
*Grand Prize - Selection of three items from the inventory list.
1st Prize - Selection of two items from the inventory list.
2nd Prize - Selection of one item from the inventory list.
3rd Prize - 1,000 gold.

*In the event if insufficient amount of entries, this prize will not be awarded. There's nothing grand about a small contest. xD

Inventory List
Page One
Page Two

Entries
*Hime*
secretdae007
Hyda
Ivvy
Lura Crane

By request, some people were interested in doing art of my avatar. So I'll host a similar contest for my avatar. Just see what I have currently to draw from. The prizes will be the same as the cover contest.

Entries

Last edited by Vixen with a Vendetta; 06-28-2009 at 04:19 PM..

Lestat
*^_^*

Old 06-22-2009, 11:45 PM

Hello! Welcome to my corner of the thread!
I am Lestat, and yes I am Vixen's mule as well. Mule is my job, not my name, so I would appreciate it if you called me Lestat.

Now, here I will be giving away from my vast inventory. I haven't decided in what fashion just yet, whether it'll be from hangman or just giving it out to good people. We'll see how the thread rolls first.

In the mean time, please come in and enjoy your time. This place won't be lively without you! Hehe, no pun intended.

Lestat
*^_^*

Old 06-22-2009, 11:46 PM

Reserved

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-22-2009, 11:47 PM

Alright, the thread isn't running at 100% yet but I feel comfortable enough opening it.

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 PM

Hey Val!

I hope you get some entries for your cover.

I am far away from home. D;

Been military training since last week of Saturday.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 06-22-2009, 11:58 PM

I made you a cover for your book. :D

Haha, seriously though, it's so awesome that you're actually writing a novel.
I really like writing, but I'm usually too lazy to even write short fanfics. xD

Are you planning on trying to get it published eventually?

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-23-2009, 12:01 AM

LOL Wow, Pix. :B Thanks, I think we have a winner there.
Gee, how'd ya know there's a snake in the story? XD (Not green though) :P

And Yes, I do plan on getting it published eventually. I have no idea when though. xD
I have a couple of fanfics written, but I get bored of them... and it annoys the reviewers. xD

Thank Sakura! How's the military treating ya?
If there was anyway to skip the basic training and go straight to the firearms, I would totally join then.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 06-23-2009, 12:02 AM

If I wasn't artistically challenged, I'd consider entering. xD

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-23-2009, 12:03 AM

Well anyone that's decent with graphic design can do it too.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-23-2009, 12:05 AM

Wow, you're writing a book? That's really awesome... I can't wait to read summary! *loves reading and does write a bit her self but doesn't consider it any good XD*

And your avvies look awesome. o.o I didn't even know there was graveyard backdrop.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 06-23-2009, 12:07 AM

@Vixen: Omg, I hate that too. Your poor readers must be so pissed off at you.
I'll only start posting chapters if I've finished a story. Xb

Good luck getting the novel published though! I've heard people say that it's really hard to find a publisher, but I think it depends on the quality of the work and whether it's marketable. If you're going to spend time on it, it shouldn't be impossible. :3

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-23-2009, 12:12 AM

I'd love to stay and chat, but dinner is ready and some of my shows are on tonight. I"ll catch you guys later and updated the thread completely.

Toodles!

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 06-23-2009, 12:12 AM

Vixen: I don't have the patience for graphic design. xD
The title of the thread makes me think of those books by that author [can't remember the name and I'm too lazy to google it]. All I know is that they are mysteries... I think.

*Hime*

Old 06-23-2009, 12:14 AM

Hello there Vixen; everyone!
What's up?

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-23-2009, 12:14 AM

I usually write one shots. XD I have only one more chapter fan fiction that I thought I would finish quickly when I posted first chap and then all my writing mood... Died. A very very gory death. D: And it doesn't revive, no matter what. ._.

And good bye, Vixen. Hope you have a good meal. ^^

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 06-23-2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen with a Vendetta View Post
Thank Sakura! How's the military treating ya?
If there was anyway to skip the basic training and go straight to the firearms, I would totally join then.

I am in pain, sore, and sick.

I bet you would join, but I acturally want to go back to basic training because I lost so much sizes, from a 11 to a 5. But, now I am back on that orginal size. D;

The firearms are acutually taught in the red phase, which is the first phase of basic training.

Immortaleyes
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Immortaleyes

Old 06-23-2009, 03:26 AM

haha. Vixen I've had the same problem with my fanfics.
I haven't finished one of them ever..which I can imagine makes people mad at me.
I'm also working on a fantasy series. It's going slowly though. I need to finish creating the world and creatures and all the interesting tidbits of facts and history that I need for the story first.

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 06-23-2009, 01:25 PM

VIXEN! :'D <3<3
Long time no chat! =O
How've you been? :3

Anyhows... if I wasn't so busy, I would give this a go. ;_; But I don't have time to draw anymore. D: </3 I wish you luck with your contest though! :> <3<3

Navi
Starving Artist
Send a message via AIM to Navi

Old 06-23-2009, 02:42 PM

I never knew Lestat was Vixen. ^-^ *waves and hugs in passing* <3

*Hime*

Old 06-23-2009, 05:02 PM

-streaks through thread-

Siipu
From Winter to Spring

Old 06-23-2009, 05:28 PM

*pokes Hime*
o hai. ;D <3

Dejection
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Dejection Send a message via Yahoo to Dejection

Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 PM

Too bad it's not an art contest for your avi, because she looks super fun to draw

Siipu
From Winter to Spring

Old 06-23-2009, 10:02 PM

Yeah true. That avi is freaking amazing. ;o <3

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-23-2009, 11:51 PM

@secretdae: Haha I don’t blame ya. I love it personally, but I just don’t have the programs or equipment for it.
Hmm, can’t say I know what books you’re talking about.

@Hime: Hey there! Long time no see. How’s it going?

@sadrain: Oh yeah, I’ve thought about doing one-shots. Me personally, I can’t do them though. Because I would get an idea, but then I would start to develop it further and further to the point there’s a whole plot and all that jazz.

@Sakura: o.o Don’t tempt me. Hearing that I could lose that much weight is very persuasive, but I can’t lose my full scholarship for college.

@Immortaleyes: Yeah I feel bad for the readers. xD Especially the fanfic that I got into 20 chapters and just left them hanging.
Oh that’s the style book I’m writing. It’s focused towards young adults and in a fantasy world. I’ve been rolling the idea around in my head for years and just started actually writing recently.

@Rylynne: ‘SUP! :B Very long time no chat. What’s shaking your leaves lately?
I’m doing pretty good, just busy as all get out. Three jobs this summer, wheee.

@Navi: -hugs- <333
Yep, that’s me. I was getting complaints from people when I wasn’t telling them who Lestat was before.

@Dejection: Haha thanks. xD I can add an avatar contest on the side, if you want.
By the way, where are those horns from?

@Siipu: Thanks for the compliment!

@Everyone: I updated the specifics for the book cover, without giving away the plot. :P
I’m updating the prizes so sit tight on that.