zebrastres
ka1eh pa1ge

Old 11-17-2009, 06:15 PM

my dad is an old school american boi who loves superman comics,
so he's always encouraging me to draw that way.
but i'm not interested so i keep drawing 'weird crap'. ahaha.
he doesn't encourage it, but he doesn't discourage it either.
he has even bought me art supplies from time to time,
and he appreciated i have that kind of hobby,
apposed to clubbing or something of that nature lmao.
my stepmom though, dang. she hates it. she gets furious when i talk about anime.
but i don't really give her opinion much thought, there's no reason for it to bother me.

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 11-22-2009, 05:19 PM

My dad really doesn't care ( he pretty much would only care if I got into working for Disney... >__> Which I would love to do but that will take a while... ) My mom on the other hand can be very supportive, like one day i'll mention a tablet and another day she'll ask me about them and so on ( lucky me i'm going to get a tablet this Thursday. :) ) and my mom looks over at my art telling her thought on it and what I can improve ( like on a animal picture she helped me out with the legs since i'm not around animals as much as my mom is. ) the rest of my family doesn't really care what I do, but my brother in law ( who is an artist ) is very supportive of me, and my cousin ( who wants to be a comic book artist ) is very supportive. Pretty much my family is just "Go along with whatever you want to do." so on being supportive I guess I would rate my family as 7/10. :)

I've always felt that my friends were supportive too, like when I finish a drawing I think atleast one person would say "Wow! That looks great" just that little comment could bring up my day. My friends make me feel good and my family is just suppritve but really combined together they both make me feel good. :)

Last edited by Demoncat; 11-22-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-22-2009, 05:49 PM

My parents are pretty supportive of me when it comes to art and supplies. 50% of presents revolve around art supplies, If I need paper for sketches they give it freely. When I'm in a bookstore they don't hover over my shoulder as I thumb through reference books and guides, but they give me as much time as I need. I'd say that they're happy that I've found something that I love to do and want to be good at, and that they are proud of my success in it already. It has nothing (or very little) to do with my chosen career path anymore and yet they will always continue to make sure I have everything I need to continue this hobby of mine.

That said, my parents aren't the kind of people who will watch me draw or fish out my sketch journals. They don't snoop, they don't ask what I've done recently. They aren't curious in the least about the subject matter and won't forbid me from drawing certain things. ... But if I were ever to become super excited about an image and asked for their thoughts the most I'll probably get back is "It's nice."

Support comes from different people in different ways. If we expect someone to do all they can to support you without you asking for that help, you've come to some very unnatural conclusions. Your parents might not support your artwork in words, but if they provide for you then they obviously aren't against it. If they wish you weren't drawing as much, they have yet to come to understand how much passion you have for creating something, even if it's just on paper. Maybe you should share with them about your interests a little more.

Kaowaii
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Kaowaii Send a message via Yahoo to Kaowaii

Old 11-26-2009, 12:23 AM

My dad doesn't really bother. I used to show him every single drawin that i drew, but now i don't. Sometimes when he comes to my room and i'm drawing, he doesn't even comment it.