DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 03-08-2009, 03:46 AM

I prefer traditional, but I am a paint, charcol and canvas kinda gal...SOooo I am seriously biased!

prtiboy
Everyone Will Suffer!
Send a message via ICQ to prtiboy Send a message via AIM to prtiboy Send a message via Yahoo to prtiboy

Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 AM

I love traditional art, mostly because its what i'm good at. its what i know. i love digital stuff, don't get me wrong, i love it and would love to learn more so that i could get better at it. i wish i could learn from someone who can teach me things that i could use and become a better artist because of it.

Exrael
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 05:38 PM

I really love and respect traditional art, especially in the age of CG. :3

I just don't have the resources, personally, to go along with traditional styles. SO, I'll have to learn to CG. I'm still waiting on my tablet, though... I usually use my pencil for drawing - I'm not accustomed to pen - so I suppose I'm still a traditional artist. ^^

Unthreaded Bobbin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-12-2009, 07:38 PM

For myself traditional because Ive never really attempted doing digital art.

I also respect traditional art a bit more because if you screw up with some mediums it is really hard to fix it.
As were digital you can easily hit the undo button, or restart from the last layer you saved. They just have that advantage over traditional.

But both do look great and I would buy either type. Im not just going to buy traditional art because I think its harder then digital. Im going to buy the art because it looks good and I like it.

Dreamer Bee
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 09:01 PM

Though I have a great admiration for digital artists, as I've seen many, many stunning works done digitally, I myself prefer tradicional art, mainly because I like to "feel" the materials, I guess.

I have a fondness for less complex medias - colored pencils all the way! - , and as Unthreaded Bobbin said, it's much easier to fix mistakes when you work with the computer, but maybe it makes everything SO easy it takes away all the fun of drawing and mastering the materials you are working with... At least in my opinion.

cookie_munsta
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2009, 01:28 AM

well i think traditional is a little better but just a little. but only if you dont color it. digital people usually who color it might not do a great or even good job. so the picture could be out of this world and the coloring could mess it up. also traditional you can see alot of the work they put into well more then digital. thats all i have to say. buh-bye.

Dessin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 PM

I can't decide! >< They're both beautiful styles, both art, and although I'm a pencil/paper girl, I can't help but admire works by game artists and portrait artists alike.

MysticSaige
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-24-2009, 06:13 AM

For art other than my own i love both traditional and digital. there are so many wonderful artworks out there in both mediums. There are benefits to both also, with traditional you get a hands on, more in touch feeling with it, and with digital you have a cleaner environment and the ability to create the same types of effects of tradional in less time then it would take if you used, per say, oil or acrylics.
For myself i am currently hooked on traditional mediums. I was really into photoshop for awhile there and even decided to buy a tablet for it, but as it happened i took a watercolor class at the same time i bought it and i have been completly caught by it.. i never understood it before taking that class.. and it was by accident to. i missed the first day of college due to my bloody car breaking down and missed the ceramics class that i was wait listed on, but i was luckly that the watercolor class still had openings in it.. i miss not going to ceramics, but by no means am i sad i did!! ^_^ anyway i am taking that class this semester again anyway!! ^___^
And that brings me to another reason i love tradional... c l a y ... nothing digital can replace clay.. tis a wonderous medium that you can create amazing things with!!

However, pencil will always be my first love of the art mediums.. even if it was coloring books and crayons that got me into art, pencil was and still is what keeps me sane!!! ^__^

Last edited by MysticSaige; 07-24-2009 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: needs color lol ^_^

kurashi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-13-2009, 07:44 PM

Traditional, though I do expand to pixel art... However, since "upgrading" Paint Shop Pro, I haven't been able to do Doll work anymore :cry:

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 08-14-2009, 08:27 PM

I like digital more because it's more mistake forgiving. Where as traditional, you have to know what you're doing if you're working with pens or something permanent and if you mess up, you hafta fix it where it's not a mistake or use whitout.

redshn
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2009, 02:10 AM

Ouch this is a hard one...
I guess I like both... but I'm kinda lazy, so sometimes I love a traditional work, and sometimes i like it digital... well, for digital, I always scan my traditional arts, so the good thing of digital, is that I can change whatever I want in the art, without being scared of making a mess.
I also like digital art because I can test loooots os colors to find teh one I like best, and it wont destroy anything... in traditional, I have to take a copy from the draw so I can test color, because I'm too scared to ruin teh original one... oh well :(

Freiheitsflugel
The Tokio Hotel worshipper...

Old 08-16-2009, 10:10 PM

I don't know...I prefer traditional. But I envy those who have digital art apps. I wish I had a tablet, PSPro, ahhh....

I have all the things for traditional. I just need motivation to get out of my current 3 year and ongoing artist block...

muffin_bish

Old 08-17-2009, 03:01 AM

i would prefer traditional bacause its easier and i really would feel like drawing in the computer/taking pics -;-;

Trissa
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-22-2009, 09:49 AM

I perfer drawing in a traditional medium but I like seeing digital art better. I like the color pop you can get when you make something on the computer.

kiyu

Old 08-26-2009, 04:53 PM

Traditional, in my opinion, is a more bodily form of art. It requires much more than your eyes and your hand. You have to dance around and physically push your medium to do what you want it to do. Plus, there's a lot to be learned about mixing to just the right color or opaqueness that becomes intuitive after a while.
Digital media, on the other hand, is a lot more versatile. You can, quite literally, sit in the same chair and mimic dozens of different mediums. You can easily add texture, manipulate certain shapes in case they're disproportionate, and virtually dispel caution using the layers and undo. Digital is what I choose when I prefer to put in less actual work, and more time manipulating what I've done. Traditional is what I choose when I am really inspired, or when I want to immerse myself in the smells of paints and the physicality of everything around me. It can be said that digital takes less commitment but is more efficient, whereas traditional is outdated but "pure".

chiiruchan
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 PM

I can't say I have a preference other than mood as an artist. Sometimes I want to do something Via PC, other times I want to break out my copic markers. Sometimes I even get moody and I don't want to draw at all. I really like to look at both digital and traditional art. I guess having started with traditional it's hard to totally transfer over to digital.

WishingMoon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-30-2009, 08:11 AM

I am more satisfied with traditional but I do more digital because I can do it wile I post. That or a million other online things.

Ms paint is the shiztles. XD

Jazzu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 AM

I am fond of both but I have to say I'm more adept at using digital art, and I find it much more convenient as well so I prefer digital art. Traditional mediums that involve paint or copic markers for me tend to be more troublesome because I've got to pack and repack. for digital all I have to do is open photoshop or something since the tablet's always connected...

I can control my lines in traditional mediums better as compared to digital art but I love being able to use layers and Ctrl+Z! Some might say it's not very "true" to art but I treat it as a convenient tool brought about by technology to help you express your ideas with less fuss. lol. Also what's nice is that you can easily share digital art with anybody around the world, but for traditional art you gotta scan it or something if it can even be scanned and it ruins the quality sometimes.

I'm a person who dislikes taking risks so digital art works great for me XD

Meron Sahi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 AM

traditional ftw!
I like to work with copic markers and crayons... it's a different feeling when I look at pictures which are made with traditional media... I think they are a bit... warmer? For me computer art is like looking at a plastic doll and traditional looking at a real person.

FAGGY CHAN
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to FAGGY CHAN

Old 09-05-2009, 05:16 PM

I like both when buying, but I prefer digital.

I also prefer drawing digital.
It's cleaner.

13th
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-18-2009, 01:40 PM

I mostly like to make traditional... that's what I'm best at, and I think sometimes it looks better, because you're sure that there haven't been used all kinds of computer effects.
Though digital looks more professional and often more natural... but also too perfect sometimes...
I think my fav is traditional ^^'

Kardra
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-20-2009, 10:51 PM

While digital art has its advantages in the media based world I prefer traditional art. There is simply nothing that compared to the feel of pencil on paper. The color reacts differently to the type of paper you use. And there are some color combination that you just cannot achieve with digital coloring.

Xochii
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-22-2009, 08:37 PM

I enjoy mixed media a lot. I tend to do line art with ink on paper, simply because (as of now) I don't have a tablet. I really admire the people who can do amazing pictures all with the mouse! But anyway, after the line art, I usually either take out my massive array of colored pencils and start working, or color it in on the computer. I'm still not too good at CG, but I'm working on it! I'm hoping that I'll get better when I finally get a tablet.

neko xoxox
I REAALY regret my name :(

Old 09-26-2009, 01:50 AM

i like and hate both equaly, i get frustrerated easily so i like traditional because its easier to make my lines to go the way i want them but i like digital because it makes coloring muuuuch smoother. Then again it all depends on my mood and what i'm drawing

Meirin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-26-2009, 11:58 AM

both for me
though digital is easier to sell
because of the smoothness and most traditional art loses quality through scanning

also traditional give you a satisfied feeling sitting down physically drawing on paper (the feel of the texture and whatnot)

anyway mosts artists advance from traditional to digital