MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-22-2008, 11:26 PM

.:+-Art Mentors and Mentees-+:.

.: A place for artists to teach and learn :.

.:Hello, and welcome to the Art Mentors and Mentee's thread! I am very pleased to see you here. Before I do anything else though, I would like to acknowledge sorakoii, who started the original Art Mentors and Mentees thread. Unfortunately, she became too busy to manage the thread. However, she has given me permission to take charge and create a new thread, and so here we are! (If would like to visit the original thread, please click Here)

.:The Purpose of this thread is to provide artist with the following things: an opportunity to learn from a fellow artist, and an opportunity to teach other artists (or both at the very same time!). By teaching we hone our skills, and by learning, we have new things to teach. To find out how to join, see the following post!

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-22-2008, 11:51 PM

.:+-Rules and Guidelines-+:.

.:Mentors and Mentees:.

.:Mentors are the teachers. It is the job of a mentor to help their student by doing the following: giving honest, constructive criticism, giving tips for improvement, and being unbiased towards their own style and the style of the student.

.:Mentees are the students. The students must keep in mind that comments are not meant to hurt their feelings, but to help them. Please keep your mentor's words in your mind, and do your best to learn!

.:Rules:.

.:You may: be both an art mentor and a mentee at the same time, ask for help politely, give others a gentle nudge in the right direction, tell others about this thread without spamming.

.:You may NOT: steal artwork from members of this thread or anyone else, spam, be rude, curse too often, flame, be impatient.

.:To join, please fill out one of the following forms (or both of them, if you so desire. NOTE: A list of available mentors and mentees are provided in the two posts below this one.

.:Art Mentor Form:.
HTML Code:
[SIZE="4"][B][U][COLOR="Red"]I'D LIKE TO BE AN ART MENTOR PLEASE![/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE]

[B]Username:[/B] (self explanatory)
[B]Small intro:[/B] (about yourself, what tools you use, 
your style, your strengths and weaknesses, etc)
[B]Gallery:[/B] (link to your artwork)
[B]Availability:[/B] (what times you are available)
[B]Mentees:[/B] (how many you are accepting at a time)
[B]How to contact:[/B] (msn, aim, private message, etc)
[B]Extra:[/B] (any more information you'd like to include?)
.:Art Mentee Form:.

HTML Code:
[SIZE="4"][B][U][COLOR="Red"]I'D LIKE TO BE AN ART MENTEE PLEASE![/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE]

[B]Username:[/B] (self explanatory)
[B]Mentor:[/B] (which mentor would you like?)
[B]Small intro:[/B] (about yourself, what tools you use, 
your style, why you want help, etc)
[B]Gallery:[/B] (link to your artwork)
[B]Area of weakness:[/B] (what you need help with and 
what you want to learn from that certain mentor)
[B]Extra:[/B] (any more information you'd like to include?)

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2008, 12:00 AM

.:+-The Mentors and Mentees-+:.

.:For Information on the Mentors and Mentees, refer to the posts below. This will be quite helpful when you're choosing:.

.:Mentors:.

.: PlatinumChild:
Mentees: linkfreak131, LoversEnd
.:Anna_Crackers:
Mentees: PsychArtist, Available to 1 more student
.:AngelicCat: Available to 2 more students
.:Veritas:
Mentee: PlatinumChild

.:Mentees:.

.: PlatinumChild: has a mentor
.:linkfreak131: has a mentor
.:LoversEnd: has a mentor
.: PsycArtist: has a mentor
.: oHsoDemandinG: Needs a Mentor

Last edited by MurasakiCrown; 02-16-2009 at 01:58 AM..

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2008, 12:01 AM

.:+Mentor Applications-+:.

Quote:
I'D LIKE TO BE AN ART MENTOR PLEASE!

Username: PlatinumChild
Small intro: I am a self-taught artist. I draw out my sketches on regular computer paper and then color them in Photoshop CS3. I think my anatomy is alright but it's not the best. However, I am pretty good at spotting anatomy errors.
Gallery: Here it is~
Availability: I'm always on and off every day, but one's best bet to catch me is after 5 p.m. PST time.
Mentees: I am willing to take 5 at a time.
How to contact: PM, whoever gets to be my mentee will have my MSN PM-ed to them.
Extra: I'm a college student, so I'm busy occasionally, but I will do my best to help. !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Crackers View Post

Username: Anna Crackers
Small intro: Hey, I'm pretty new to menewsha, but I've been keeping a shop here for a while.
I have experience in:
Basic Drawing(charcoal graphite, pen and ink, colored pencil, etc), Life Drawing, Human Anatomy, Animal Anatomy, Acrylic Painting, Watercolor Painting, Color theory, Art History, Composition, Concept Art, Character Design, Film, Storyboarding, Traditional Animation, Digital Painting, Computer Animation, 3D modeling, Rigging, skinning, Character Animation, Compositing, Film editing, manga and graphic novels, design.
Programs I can use:
Photoshop 7.0-CS2, CorelPainterX, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Digicel, some flach (not much), Oekaki (lol), Combustion.
My weaknesses: I need to work harder on my art T__T
School experience:
High school: 2 years of Studio Art
College: Sophomore at Digipen institute of technology studying Production Animation.
Gallery: photobucket gallery. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
Availability: I check this website every week.
Mentees: I'll accept 2
How to contact: PM me
Extra: This mentee needs to have a few hours a week of extra time to draw. If they do not have time to draw, or if they don;t want to work to get better, I will not teach them.
Be ready to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicCat View Post

Username: AngelicCat
Small intro: Been drawing anime for over 10 years now. I mainly use a Wacom tablet and Photoshop to complete my work after I sketch it out on paper =)
Gallery: http://cryschan.deviantart.com
Availability: from 10am CST until 12:30 CST and then again after 7pm CST
Mentees: I'll accept however many
How to contact: You can add me to MSN or message me on here
Extra: I think thats about it :)
Quote:

Username:
Veritas
[Can call me V or Veri]

Small intro:
I'm currently going to school for game art and design, and before that, I took art classes all four years of high school. I spend a massive amount of my free time drawing. I like drawing figures, females, in particular. I still need work with enviro's, those aren't my strong point. I do most of my work digitally, in Painter, but I've recently started liking markers a lot.

Gallery:
www.vulpes-rex.com

www.vulpes-rex.deviantart.com

Availability:
Usually after 6pm CST, but that largely depends on homework loads during the week.

Mentees:
One at a time. Maaaybe two, but that's unlikely. x)

How to contact:
Private message. Maybe AIM.

Extra:
Mentee needs to be willing to spend a lot of time practicing, with or without me to nudge them to do it. It's the only way you're going to get better D:<
Preferably interested in semi-realism. >.>

Quote:

Last edited by MurasakiCrown; 02-16-2009 at 01:56 AM..

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2008, 12:02 AM

.:+-Mentee Applications-+:.

Quote:
I'D LIKE TO BE AN ART MENTEE PLEASE!

Username: PlatinumChild
Mentor: Anyone besides myself? Haha. so.. sorakoii or Nahalie?
Small intro: I am self taught so there are many things I don't know. I never learned color theory and I learned to improve my anatomy by looking at other art. My anatomy could use some work, and I'd like to learn to be a bit more dynamic and composition-wise about my work.
Gallery: There you go~
Area of weakness: Anatomy, perspective (foreshortening), hands, feet, backgrounds, MALES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfreak131 View Post

Username: linkfreak131
Mentor: Doesn't matter to me. As long as he or she is experienced, preferably in realism, is fine by me.
Small intro: Well let's see here, I'm 17, I'm a girl, and I've always loved to draw ever since I was little. I would even carry coloring books, and such, to parties so that I'd have something interesting to do while I was there. xD I used to be really into the anime art style, but now I really hate drawing it, so I've broken away from it, and have gone into realism. I study and practice art by myself through books. I mostly just use pencils to draw the picture, scan it into my computer, outline it, and then color it in with photoshop, but I am still experimenting with it. I'd mostly like help with the anatomy, since I'm still slowly learning it; I want to be extremely good at it so that I can draw almost anything! I need someone to be able to point out my flaws, and not be afraid to say it.
Gallery: http://linkfreak131.deviantart.com/
Area of weakness: anatomy, hands/feet. The male figure. Mussels.
Extra: Um... Nope, I guess not. xD Thanks for taking the time to read this. =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoversEnd View Post

Username: LoversEnd
Mentor: I really don't mind, as long as they are nice, but not too nice, xD I want someone who can help me along, without telling me my art is perfect, because god knows it isn't. xD If you REALLY need me to ask for someone, lemme know. >.> I really don't know the people who're accepting mentees. xD
Small intro: Hmm.. well I'm 18, I'm really into art, I've never had an art class except in 6th grade and I ended up dropping that class cause I thought the teacher was way too hard on me and stuff. x.x I use mostly pencils and my sketch pad, I can color, but it looks like crap most of the time as well as my drawng, I really need help in the proportions and realistic-ness area, although I lean more towards the anime style, so sometimes that doesn't much matter.
Gallery: D: I only have one picture that I've actually drawn and scanned in. Random Doodle and A drawing that I actually tried on and then there's the DA I have, that has nothing on it but photography and lit. xD
Area of weakness: Any and everything, I reaslly need help with most things, somehow I've lost my artist's touch, everything suddenly turned to crap, so I'm willing to start from square 1.
Extra: Nothing really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycArtist View Post

Username: PsycArtist
Mentor: Any? o.o I'm not familiar with any of y'all, and I'll appreciate any help offered. :3
Small intro: I'm 18, and currently studying Art/CompSci. I think of my style as modified realism, and normally work in pencils and black and white. Favorite mediums include watercolor, pastel, and charcoal. :D I need help growing. x_x I feel like I'm getting technically better, but basically keep drawing the same general pictures with the same general poses over and over again...D:
Gallery: http://psycartist.deviantart.com
Area of weakness: I need help with harmonizing background and foreground, breaking out of repetative pictures, and harmonizing colors. o_O;
Extra: I love fantasy, and randomly study anatomy in my spare time. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oHsoDemandinG View Post

Username: oHsoDemandinG
Mentor: Preferably someone with experience with 3d/computer animation and graphic design. Drawing too, but I
must warn I haven't drawn in a long time.
Small intro: I'm 17 and I'm a girl and a highschool senior graduating in May. I learned 3d animation in 2007(?) at a computer camp in DC. I've been practicing but I still have a ways to go. I use DAZ Studio and Bryce 6. I have Truespace 7.6 but I don't know how to use it. I occasinally use photoshop too but that won't last too long because its at school and I'm about to graduate. My style is whatever comes to my mind but I really would like to make my own characters and also landscapes.

Gallery: http://cha-cha-bunny.deviantart.com/
Area of weakness: I need help with shadows and lighting and possibly much more. Since I'm such a newbie I really don't know much.
Extra: I have very limited content to work with because I don't have to money to buy it with. Here's the programs I use.http://daz3d.com. Also I don't get on Mene that much but I'm willing to exchange email.

Last edited by MurasakiCrown; 02-04-2009 at 04:33 AM..

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2008, 12:09 AM

.:+-Reserved-+:.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2008, 12:32 AM

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2008, 12:42 AM

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2008, 01:48 AM

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2008, 02:54 AM

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2008, 03:12 PM

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-09-2009, 03:46 PM

Paired up: PlatinumChild and linkfreak131

Assignment will be mailed later today.

LoversEnd
It is only until you see the sun...

Old 01-11-2009, 04:24 AM

Oh, I should be able to benefit from this. xD I need halp.

Username: LoversEnd
Mentor: I really don't mind, as long as they are nice, but not too nice, xD I want someone who can help me along, without telling me my art is perfect, because god knows it isn't. xD If you REALLY need me to ask for someone, lemme know. >.> I really don't know the people who're accepting mentees. xD
Small intro: Hmm.. well I'm 18, I'm really into art, I've never had an art class except in 6th grade and I ended up dropping that class cause I thought the teacher was way too hard on me and stuff. x.x I use mostly pencils and my sketch pad, I can color, but it looks like crap most of the time as well as my drawng, I really need help in the proportions and realistic-ness area, although I lean more towards the anime style, so sometimes that doesn't much matter.
Gallery: D: I only have one picture that I've actually drawn and scanned in. Random Doodle and A drawing that I actually tried on and then there's the DA I have, that has nothing on it but photography and lit. xD
Area of weakness: Any and everything, I reaslly need help with most things, somehow I've lost my artist's touch, everything suddenly turned to crap, so I'm willing to start from square 1.
Extra: Nothing really.

Last edited by LoversEnd; 01-11-2009 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: URL Errors

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-11-2009, 04:32 AM

Updating list. Would you like me to be your mentor? ^^

LoversEnd

Old 01-11-2009, 04:40 AM

Sure? xD That'll work just fine, like I said, I don't have a clue, xD so whoever can help me the best from what I've stated. xD

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-11-2009, 04:50 AM

Sweet~ I'll be sending out more detailed PMs about what happens next tomorrow. Right now I'm pulling references for art I need to do XD

LoversEnd

Old 01-11-2009, 04:53 AM

xD okay! I really like your art there in your sig, I looked at the thread a couple of days ago and I went "WOW *jealous*" xD So yea. >.> ;D

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-11-2009, 04:56 AM

Aw, thank you~ Hm.. maybe I should send the PMs tonight... XD I'll see how well I can get my thoughts in order XD

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 01-12-2009, 09:26 PM

*dances around*

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-13-2009, 01:39 AM

We needs more mentees! XD

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-13-2009, 03:00 AM

Hm... Maybe banners to put in our sigs would help get the word out? D=

PsycArtist
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-13-2009, 03:20 AM

Username: PsycArtist
Mentor: Any? o.o I'm not familiar with any of y'all, and I'll appreciate any help offered. :3
Small intro: I'm 18, and currently studying Art/CompSci. I think of my style as modified realism, and normally work in pencils and black and white. Favorite mediums include watercolor, pastel, and charcoal. :D I need help growing. x_x I feel like I'm getting technically better, but basically keep drawing the same general pictures with the same general poses over and over again...D:
Gallery: http://psycartist.deviantart.com
Area of weakness: I need help with harmonizing background and foreground, breaking out of repetative pictures, and harmonizing colors. o_O;
Extra: I love fantasy, and randomly study anatomy in my spare time. :3

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-13-2009, 03:25 AM

Banners sound like a great idea. I'll see what I can come up with ^^
Any suggestions are totally welcome ^^

PsycArtist:. LOVE your name~ XD
I'll add you to the list shortly. You should receive a PM from me within an hour with information ^^

Veritas
*^_^*

Old 01-13-2009, 05:32 PM

XD I'll have to sign up for this later on today~ -has to leave for class now-

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-15-2009, 03:34 AM

Sorry for the lack of updates. I honestly forgot. I shall make amends now.