xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-06-2013, 02:54 PM

Have Poetet found a way or niche to learn pixel to your own pace?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-06-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
We can turn back to art class. XD

Currently, the art class we have... seemed to be getting lesser, as the amount of tuition classes increase.
I'm not sure if they've lessened in colleges. But in high schools and such around here they are completely eliminating the arts and spending all the money on sports. Which of course... is another complaint I have about art classes. They know they aren't going to get paid for long, so they don't care about the teaching anymore.

I'm perfectly fine talking about other things (and its allowed) I was just very amused that we sidetracked so fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
@ Shadami - Haha I doubt that... I'm far from good at pixeling as is XD
I'm just good at problem solving is all.

I've actually tried pixeling pokemon :)
It's quite hard as I've not really found good access to the pixel forms at their pixel size... mostly just art of them...
Do you have a DS maybe? that's what i'm planning to do. GO in and sit in a battle, and just study how the soft curves are made, and the shading that makes everything look so amazing.

I also found a really good tutroial on deviant art at one point. I may be able to find it again to share it...

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-06-2013, 03:25 PM

No fear, Better stay in topic, we need more training to stay on topic. XD

Aww... too bad if they cancel all art class below college.
For me, college should be more focus on your future career.

Art and Sport is compulsory in our elementary and middle school. But only like once per week. We don't normally use sport lesson for sport, none of us want to go change our clothes or go outside. So either it is a free lesson or the teacher if teaching you some other subjects like geography, maths or others would use that time to teach extra lesson.

Art is fine, but not many work or focus.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM

We would have a required gym class.. and lets just say i liked having the active time. but i hated that class the most... to many bullies, and i ended up getting a "medical excuse" to stay out of it for a year.

and i agree. College should focus on future careers. I just don't think there is really... education left in many schools at all. At least that's my view on schools lately. It seems to be more about the pay check and the politics for most teachers. and than those few that actually care are the most amazing teachers in the world, but everyone hates them because they actually make you work.
My art history teacher actually made me LIKE art history! history.. my least favorite subject!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-06-2013, 03:45 PM

We don't even have a proper indoor gym. We do have a biiiiig field, but not mantiained enough. How much you like to get yourself into a muddy field? Especially in your white shoes? Besides, the toilet is so smelly... x.x

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 03:53 PM

Hmmmm, is this a culture gap? I'm confused how the toilet has anything to do with a field for sporty like stuff.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 05-06-2013, 04:15 PM

I've only ever taken high school art classes. I thought they were pretty fun, but I wouldn't say I really learned much from them. Most of the learning I've done has been through practicing on my own. But these were just high school classes, and I'm not a very good artist, so it might be different for others!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 04:20 PM

The fact that they were fun at least is a good thing! Most art classes i took in high school were just gag worthy horrible. That i didn't even want to take another art class in high school, and stopped my dream of being an artist for a little while. I'm so glad i switched back as it is a passion for me.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-06-2013, 05:00 PM

More like facility gap? We don't have changing room, we have to use toilet to get change.
We don't have locker also. For government school.
We only have one computer lab... well maybe now they have more than 10 computers? I won't expect them to be up to windows 7, maybe still in XP. But then, that is a good system, XP.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 PM

OH!
we actually had locker rooms. But most people went into the bathrooms anyways to change because they didn't want to change in front of everyone. People were horribly cruel at my school... i was confused why there would be a toilet in the field. xD
XP is a good system, far better than vista.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 PM

NOT in the field. XD lol. A proper toilet in the building. lol. I know you got it, but still funny.
Just so happens that government school are not well facilitate. I don't like my government.

AND, we don't have music room or art studios, for government elementary and high school. Though, we do have science lab... this tell how the government only focus on science.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 06:24 PM

Yeah... i'd sawy i would want to be a ruler so that i could fix everything that's wrong with the world. But i don't want that responsibility because the second people who make the things "balanced" so no one person can have to much power (stupid america governement) that person who is ACTUALLY trying to fix things will be hated and nothing gets fixed.

There are so many things that should be fixed about this world. And i basically just want star trek to exist. the world after first contact. where everyone on earth is united. and there is no money. it is all about making yourself a better person. not about competing with the next person. Your own personal goals are actually considered worthy things!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 PM

...Wow... is that what Star Trek is all about? United and no money?
Then what is the conflict of Star Trek? What is their mission.

har. I am one of the rare that don't watch Star Wars or Star Trel, consider me 'polite' enough to know their names. (though still can't differentiate them. XD)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 07:03 PM

star treks mission
"to go places no man has ever been, and seek out new worlds. "
wow.. i can't remember the exact quote .. but that's close enough.

Star wars. is a hit movie series and book series. Big sci fi worlds basically. Both good for their own reasons if you like science fiction. Nothing wrong with not knowing it though. :]

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 PM

@ Shadami - Ah I'm far from ever owning a DS again. I just have to take the "drawings" and "pixelize" them XD

@ Meave - I have my own "style" of pixeling yes, but since I don't have anyone to teach me learning is a lot slower... there are certain techniques I can't figure out because I can't figure out WHY they act that way

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 07:29 PM

do you have any of the gameboys? Mayhaps i shall try to find you some good pixel pokemon to run off of. I think serebii has them. But i don't know if its the actual pixel versions or not.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 07:35 PM

I have a gameboy but it's currently with my partner.
I plan to give it to my niece when she gets old enough to play pokemon

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 07:45 PM

mmm.. i think i'll have to buy a new one when my daughter gets old enough. i don't think i can give up mine. xD hahaha

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM

lol. There is a age limit for pokemon games? XD

Good luck in pixelling, Poetet~

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 PM

Yes meave, a minimum age :)
thinking maybe when she turns 4 she'll be old enough to understand how to play.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 PM

... 4... XD oh lol. I actually thought something along the lines of 12! XD Age limit of minimum 12.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Oh no far from it... once she's able to learn where to find the pokemon she's good :)

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-07-2013, 11:42 AM

When Age limit was mentioned, I was thinking along the lines of PEGI 12. XD

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 PM

oh . xD hahaha no. my daughter is 11 months old right now (well 20 days from a year) And she already loves pokemon. the music, watching me play. ect. She's figured out how to hold the sp properly to. Though she still ends up flipping it upside down for whatever reason that she flips everything upside down.

And when she's old enough to play and understand that if she breaks the game she has to earn the money to buy a new one. Than i'll give her one. So yeah at least 4.

I've heard of wow playing 6 year olds though. That one is a bit of a surprise.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM

11 months? Crap! That is a toddler! DON'T LET HER GET INTO GAME THAT FAST!!
I have an aunt who I advice do not buy ipad. But she didn't listen, now she have to snatch ipad from her kids who keep playing games. lol.