Audley
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-09-2007, 11:40 AM

There was another OC discussion thread around here somewhere, but I've lost track of it and I don't recall if it included any of what I'm bringing up.

By "what's their deal?" I mean what is the point of your OC? Is it from a story? An RP? Is it your avatar from another site? Is it yourself? Is your character really different from any other character you've ever seen before? (<- I'm curious about originality, as well.) Where did you get your inspiration for the design and have they changed over time?

A lot of questions, I know ;)

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 03-09-2007, 11:42 AM

From the top of my head I have about maybe 5 OC stories not characters. I'm tired so I don't want to try and explain them all but soem were made out of random things that gave me ideas and some were inspired by avatars :3

Navi
Starving Artist
Send a message via AIM to Navi

Old 03-09-2007, 12:58 PM

I voted that I have between 16-19 but when i get down to all the old ones I've created it's well over 20. Most of mine come from my comic that I'm making. ^_^

Mou
*^_^*

Old 03-09-2007, 01:13 PM

One that I use actively, so I actually count it as if I only have one. She was created in a Feudal Japan fighting RP, this RP was really one of my all time favorites and thus she has become my signature character (the base of my characters are often designed after her). I'm working on a new character now though, but I need a good RP to bring her to life so that I can develope her and give her a proper story and personality.

sekiyoku
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 03-09-2007, 01:50 PM

I have... one main one.

Several others that exist but I don't really... deal with much. xD

I'm trying to let another one work its way into my heart, but it's small. my heart, that is. :'D

As for the OCs... some are part of old stories I've abandoned, some are created for aesthetic purposes xD

Zenobia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-09-2007, 02:00 PM

Well, as I'm a writer, I have much more than 20 characters...

Though I usually commission art only of the main characters... which would be 20 in total I think.

[ Maxxyne ]
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via MSN to [ Maxxyne ]

Old 03-09-2007, 03:05 PM

All of my OCs come from an MMORPG, but I've given most of them personality. I RP them sometimes, too. I currently have 5 - I base my number of OCs based on how many game characters I get art of. >.>

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-09-2007, 04:15 PM

Suffice to say, I'm a writer, so I have a crapload of characters (in all honesty, I draw because it gets more attention for my characters than writing does). I have about 10 or so main ones, though. I mean, I'll answer questions abou tthem, sure, but I don't think it'd be that in-the-interest-of-time I should summarize thier lives on here, lol.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-09-2007, 04:46 PM

^o^ i have 4 chars that i collect art with and that have been my main chars for the last 2 years. they are from a story im trying to put together to amuse myself, and what i always seem to end up drawing when i start doodling. i have about *thinks* 4 minor chars that i dont get art for but i do RP with more then the 4 mentioned before. hummm for the most part its normally always a minor idea that gets stuck in my head that makes the char, or some random spark of inspiration while reading a RP. lol and being an artist i'd like to think i havent seen anything quite like my OC's but you never can know for certain ne?

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-09-2007, 04:47 PM

I have, like, few hundreds OCs >.>...
seriously >.>...
I have no life xD

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 03-09-2007, 04:56 PM

Hmmm I have aorund 3 that I still keep up. If I count ones I've pretty much retired it would be a bit closer to 10 probably.

First one is based of a book series I read a while ago. Used him for RPs with a few other friends that have read the series as well. I still use him now, just only for short stories rather then Rps as not many have read the series, so they dont understand him at all.

Second one I use I created recently, also for RP. Needed something new to play and when I put him together seemed right. Hes based more off of a few different religions beliefs with my own twist on it.

Third one is still in the works of being made. Hes a bit different from my others in hes the complete opposite of myself in many ways including personality and demeanor. He'll be for RP purposes once I get him completely made.

I'm also in works of a short story so soon I may be adding a few more characters to my listing of OCs^^;

kairek
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to kairek

Old 03-09-2007, 04:58 PM

4 years ago I had over 180 OC.. I will not even try to count it yet x.x.. a few are from RPG I play a more then half is a word npc and rest are.. em.. dunno o.o.. I create them and like to think about history conected to them ^^;

yoshimichi
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to yoshimichi

Old 03-09-2007, 08:23 PM

I have well over 20 OCs and each of them have their own story.

One started out as my imaginary friend from way back when. <3
Some frequently show up in my dreams and others were simply created for RPs but whenever i need a character(s) for something they recycled and thrown in to a new rolls. So it is hard to say what they are really used for.

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-10-2007, 03:31 PM

I have about five OC's which are developed in any manner, especially two of them. They grew from a story I was writing for National Novel Writing Month - the story was actually intended to be about another character entirely, but a few OC's elbowed their way to the front and insisted they wanted to be written.

Since then, they haven't left me alone. XD I've got a few more, but they're only basic templates of appearance and character, and aren't well developed yet.

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-10-2007, 04:29 PM

I'm not a very good writer, but I do love creating stories--mostly for my own. I have a lot of OCs from RPs that I do with one of my best friends. The ones that I mainly focus on (especially in getting art from) are probably about 12, and those are mostly for my own stories.

In a lot of ways, the characters are taken from a few aspects of me or how I think I'd like to be or not to be. The ones that I am focusing on are mostly developed from Gaian avatars, but overtime I've made a few changes to their designs (physical and characteristic). I'm always interested in seeing artists' interpretations on them when I commission them ^^

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2007, 04:18 AM

i have about 20, but have only drawn about 8 of them. the other 12+, i only have headshots of them.

i suck at righting, so most of mine have very basic personalities. for instance, one is moody. that's it. no other detail. another is smart and speaks her mind. no other detail. none of them are "developed"

i wish i could write!

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-11-2007, 11:09 AM

I'm just starting to make characters! I used to role-play but I did not think up their physicals very much. Tabletop gaming it is not as important. So I did not draw them ever.

I have started a new role play here and I made three characters! I think I will draw them each. ^_^ One is a fat man, I think it will be fun.

And of course one is a cute girl, because there is nothing more than I like than cute girls!

Celeone
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Celeone

Old 03-11-2007, 12:47 PM

I don't have any at the moment. Usually I think one up, draw her, and then forget all about the character because I don't do anything with her anymore, like RPing or something. xD
Also the characters I make up don't have background stories and personallity's because I don't actually use them ^^;

Vilhelmina
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 01:52 PM

I know for sure I have more than 120, because I keep a list of them. Whenever I revise said list, however, I always notice I've forgotten people, and lots of them, so the true number is probably somewhere around 150.

Most are story characters, others have been involved in roleplays. In the long run, though, most end up being part of some story or other.

And I love all of them xD <3

Dragolynia
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Dragolynia Send a message via Yahoo to Dragolynia

Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 AM

I have three. Dragolynia was my first, she is half dragon half witch. I created her during a creative writing assignment in the 6th grade. Medea was my second, she is a wind goddess. I'm not sure when I created her. And last but not least is Rubie, she is a vampire I created for a vampire rp.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 AM

Goodness. It's not possible for me to get into just how many original characters I have. Here...I'll......attempt. XP

In the 6th grade, I made a manga and series consisting of chapters about my crime fighting group of girls and guys. The more I got into it, the more fighters there were in waves. Then I built histories and developed even more. XD So there were...13 main girls, 5 boys, and then hoardes more. It was seriously ridiculous, but I was addicted to that story.
The sad part was that I had JUST gotten into Sailormoon and Magic Knights Rayearth...so that's where the inspiration came along. I was a bored...bored 6-7th grader...

Then in the 8th grade, in a round robin story game with six others. I had characters inspired by Warcraft and Final Fantasy VII. XD It was a weird fantasy-science fiction group. There were about eight main characters of mine.

In the 10th grade and up, I made characters for an RPG I play with my bestest friend. XD It started off with a boy who was supposed to be my perfect...boyfriend. Then thanks to my joking suggestion - I had just learned what Boy's Love was - my friend's ideal boyfriend hooked up with mine. From there on, we produced cousins, siblings, and other family members. Then other families. Then...their offspring.

I'm still in the process of attempting to DRAW ALL OF THEM...

*needs a life* D:

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-13-2007, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter
There was another OC discussion thread around here somewhere, but I've lost track of it and I don't recall if it included any of what I'm bringing up.

By "what's their deal?" I mean what is the point of your OC? Is it from a story? An RP? Is it your avatar from another site? Is it yourself? Is your character really different from any other character you've ever seen before? (<- I'm curious about originality, as well.) Where did you get your inspiration for the design and have they changed over time?

A lot of questions, I know ;)

I have approximately 25 OCs or RPCs. Most of them are story adapted or came about through need in RP and were developed from NPCs to PCs due to love of them by myself or others.

Pf those 25, about 5-7 are usually the most I have active at any given point. And as Carl Jung states, there are only 8 archetypes in the world, Everyone is the hero in their own story and all have aspects of the others within them. So we can't really have a completely unique idea really, but the way we put them together gives a semi semblance of it.

Neithan
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 AM

Hm, i have about 12 OCs who are fairly well conceptualised/developed (some have multiple incarnations), and a number of others who are little more than names or roles, to support the main ones. i only generally concentrate on about a handful of them, though. Most were created for a couple of RPs i'm in. Can't say that they're totally unique (because everyone is influenced by others, consciously or not), but i do try to keep them from being stereotypical and make them believable as characters.

Atarashii
n/a

Old 03-13-2007, 07:14 AM

Last time I checked, I have over 100 (exact number unknown) original characters, or characters that I've created for role-playing purposes only.

To be honest, only about half of those are really 'active' anymore. The others could, to be put it simply, be considered 'retired' ... but they still continue to exist and sometimes I find myself thinking on them.

A good portion of them are created for stories that I've come up with, while others existed for the mere purpose of being used in an ongoing RP; blame me and my dislike of reusing the same character for multiple RPs, or something (which is something I'm well aware that some people do).

I have to admit, however, that while most of the characters, original or roleplay tend to have set personalities and brief background/histories (among other needed details) there's only what I would consider a handful that I've given that much thought to. :/

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-14-2007, 12:26 PM

I don't actually have OC's. I'm too lazy. Plus I fail at English. So no OC's. I don't mind other people's OC's, but I think when I have to sit down and come up with OC's, I just feel sleepy. I think there's just so much other stuff I could be doing that when I'm forced to sit down to try to come up with OC's I can't. o.O' My mind is elsewhere..I start wishing I could be playing games, or watching TV, or outside, or sooomething other than trying to create characters. x.x'