Sedge
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Sedge

Old 04-19-2007, 11:51 AM

• I had my tablet for THREE YEARS before I realized that I didn't install the software properly. I had little-to-no pressure sensitivity and I couldn't use the "buttons" up top. So basically, what I had was a fancy mouse.

And all that time, I thought I was just lousy with it. D:

And what's odd, is that I keep hearing people talk about how their tablet is broken-- one person I watch on dA apparently had to replace hers twice over the course of a few years. And I'm like, dude, what are you doing with that thing? Because I put hot plates of food on it and that all the time and it hasn't failed me yet. XD

Rvaya
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2007, 06:27 PM

-laughs- That really sucks Sedge xD Did you not have the discs that should come with the tablet to work properly?

I had a real crappy tablet that was my ex-husbands and it just plan sucked. I finally purchased my own wacom a few months ago and I got the step up from the one your looking at in size. It's the graphire 4 line I believe. I got it online for $167.00. I like it a lot I just still don't know how to color very well. I'm a better painter and everything by traditional means.

I've never had the problem of wanting to look down at the tablet while drawing but I just get very anal about my lines. I must say it's way better to draw big and paint big canvas's and then size down your mistakes usually go away! I didn't realise that until recently either. I find it more fun to work in opencanvas though then photoshop. And I don't understand Painter at all >.<

Izzy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Izzy

Old 04-19-2007, 06:49 PM

I love my tablet. I use it sooo much.
It makes my life so much easier on so many levels

Mary
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-19-2007, 10:58 PM

I used to have a Wacom Tablet. It was so wonderful and fabulous. I loved it so much. Then my mom was being really stupid and left a humidifier on my desk even though it was already humid enough. then it leaked and murdered my lovely tablet.
Now I have an Aiptek tablet. It's horrible and the batteries die instantly. It's too big and doesn't come with a mouse. I hate it so much.

Wacom tablets are great. Aipteks are stupid and make any lines I draw come out looking bumpy and ugly. I hate them.

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-20-2007, 08:42 AM

I'm trying to got up the money for that >.<
I started cg with a mouse and still use it but after beginning my chibi with my friends tablet, I got addicted to it >.<
I'll try to have one for the beginning of next year or something like that >.<

Sedge
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Sedge

Old 04-20-2007, 05:39 PM

• Rvaya
    Well, I have them and I could've sworn I installed them right, but I didn't figure it out until I tried to get it to work on my dad's laptop and had to download the driver off the internets. And I'm like, Woah, that's different. O_o

Madness! XD

Javen
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Javen

Old 04-27-2007, 08:56 PM

Tablets are life savors, but I suggest you make sure you get a good one otherwise it isn't worth is at all. I bought mine for about $250, any cheaper you should be careful of because they might not have as good pixel alignment and such. Tablets are perfect for digital painting especially.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Shakey

Old 04-27-2007, 09:24 PM

Lol, I just returned my tablet today xD I couldn't install it onto my computer xD

Fove
*^_^*
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Fove Send a message via MSN to Fove Send a message via Yahoo to Fove

Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 PM

D: I have a 4x5 Wacom..

I don't like it much for drawing though.
It's really good for things like descender though.

It just makes my shaky hands shaky lines even worse.

And the pressure isn't as responsive with some newer paint programs.

So, I think I'm gonna save up and get a 6x8 Intuos 3. xD I hear they are really nice.

falling sanity
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-29-2007, 12:14 PM

I wish I paid a hundred bucks for a tablet... I bought mine for about $400. Of course you pay for what you get, and I got a Wacom Intuos3 9x12 lol. <3
I love it.

I still should have waited to get the 21 inch Wacom Cintiq... $2500 isn't as bad as it seems LOL

Tuba
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-29-2007, 06:34 PM

i want a tablet...mouse drawing is so horrible. Tablets are expensive though lol. im still decideing if i should put my mind to saveing up for one or not. i just want to draw smooth lines! lol

Mermy
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-29-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuba
i want a tablet...mouse drawing is so horrible. Tablets are expensive though lol. im still decideing if i should put my mind to saveing up for one or not. i just want to draw smooth lines! lol
There are some programs that can help you. :]

Photoshop 7.0+ has this pen tool.

snowflake
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 05-03-2007, 06:48 AM

I hecka want a tablet...but I'm not that much of an art fanatic and I can't draw...but I think tablets are cool. too expensive for me to just play with though.

Tea
Dead Account Holder
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Tea

Old 05-27-2007, 05:20 AM

What happens when you loose the pen to your wacom tablet...cuz I definitly lost mine.

;_;

Uthopia
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2007, 02:02 AM

Yeah. That's the one thing I want to get. My friend has one and uses it all the time. It's worth the purchase.

H_e_a_r_t
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-06-2007, 08:39 PM

I got a Grahpire 4 o.O Anything different from Graphire 3, do you think?