Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-16-2007, 08:11 PM

hahaha poor tir. lol ming got you nailed pretty much *comfort*

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2007, 08:26 PM

D:..........

well... I think the things you named are more preferences...
but then constant preferences add up to a style I guess D:.. I also LOVE drawing flowy cloth/hair *o*!!

/tries again/ DIFFERENT EYESHAPES D8;;;;

jitsumi: XDDD I think you were nailed a while back too. It's interesting that others can usually say more about an artist's style than themselves D:...

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-16-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitsumi1221
hahaha poor tir. lol ming got you nailed pretty much *comfort*
When i was in early high school, like, around when I joined Gaia, I wasn't confident in my style (I was one of those conused teens who didn't know what ot make of life, lol - but it was one step up from emoemo in middle school). So like, I looked at other DA/Gaia artists (haha, cuz i wnated to be popular like them) and tried to copy them. SO i got a lot of practice at picking out specific art traits. And like, I'm decent with guessing media and technique just cuz i've worked in so many. Imean now, though, I'm not as easily influenced becauses well, I'm considerably more intelligent then I was then so I figured out my position on life and how to go about that - and so it's reflected in my artwork.

Honestrly, I'll admit part of my doing trad in my style is that I want people to mistake it for CG. I mean, kind of like as a defiance thing cuz I feel a lot of idiocy that thinks CG is the better-looking medium. One day, I hope someone's liek "oh my god, what program did you use." and I get to reply, "Prismacolor." (I love this brand... but that's just me shooting my mouth of in a random plug)

Random, but I love how art thieves sometimes take a CG painting and like, upload it to DA under "Paintings > Watercolor" XD; dumbasses.

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2007, 08:30 PM

woe: D: actually one of the things I really remember you for when I first joined gaia back whenever... was that you were all for traditional art and how it was stupid that a lot of people prefered CG. At the time I was a purely traditional artist too so I felt like... a insta-bond there Dx... even though we didn't talk... but it made me remember you :3

I feel like my style is still developingn though :3 and it probably always will be as I pick up more things I like from other artists or other things I observe etc... this is probably the case for everyone...

edit: one thing that I -do- like is how each media is different XD;; I personally love it when I can see the pencil or brush strokes.. paper texture... and small inconsitencies that give a picture character :'D...

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-16-2007, 08:35 PM

*snort* hahaha thats so funny ming. and yeah i feel that way too sometimes. hahah and nearly emo? snort i ignored EVERYONE.. i'd sit off to the side and read a book.. and when people talked to me i'd lopok up at them like they were some sort of slug for interrrupting my reading. *cackles* used to be SO antisocial...

*snort* tir your prolly right. its hard to see your own stuff grinning back at you and see something that looks the same. (well cept for my consistant missplacement of boobs *shock* im... lopsided boob drawing artist O.O;; )

muhahah i find it kinda easy to recognize art from people i commission from.. cause i tend to just stare at the art when im bored or moody cause it cheers me up. and then i go look around to stare at the rest of their art ^^;;

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-16-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirael
woe: D: actually one of the things I really remember you for when I first joined gaia back whenever... was that you were all for traditional art and how it was stupid that a lot of people prefered CG. At the time I was a purely traditional artist too so I felt like... a insta-bond there Dx... even though we didn't talk... but it made me remember you :3

I feel like my style is still developingn though :3 and it probably always will be as I pick up more things I like from other artists or other things I observe etc... this is probably the case for everyone...

edit: one thing that I -do- like is how each media is different XD;; I personally love it when I can see the pencil or brush strokes.. paper texture... and small inconsitencies that give a picture character :'D...
Haha, I've never had any miffs with CG itself. Just that people think it's worth more for some odd reason. I just don't get it.

Yeha, trad and trad. *high fives* I tried to bid in a watercolor auction I saw you had, but like... well, I'm not that rich. XD; Only been able to get one, two mill recently, like since this school year started. I have a huge weakness for watercolor, though.

Yeha, my style's changing, too, but I find it's more of a definition of who I am as a person rather than what I wish I could be to be popular.

Agreed. Love multiple medias and such. Of course, being OCD means I wipe out any litlte thing i see in my pic as a mistake, lol.

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2007, 08:46 PM

Yeah you're OCD to the max XDDDDD;; I don't really mean the mistakes but sometimes a few specs here and there are kinda nice XDDD;;

Did you read jade's walkthrough? Dx... I told her that she should tell people to put the paper on the floor and step on it to give the "grunge" look 8D;;; and that if the paper tears they could just stick some gum on the back and give it that extra "texture"

8D;; /pudder leaves some parts unfinished out of laziness... I mean.. TO GIVE IT CHARACTER/ RIGHT... >_>

and I don't get the automatic assumption that CG is better either.. though most people I know don't think that way.. just some random noobs 8D;; but it does tend to display better online :F...

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-16-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
*snort* hahaha thats so funny ming. and yeah i feel that way too sometimes. hahah and nearly emo? snort i ignored EVERYONE.. i'd sit off to the side and read a book.. and when people talked to me i'd lopok up at them like they were some sort of slug for interrrupting my reading. *cackles* used to be SO antisocial...

*snort* tir your prolly right. its hard to see your own stuff grinning back at you and see something that looks the same. (well cept for my consistant missplacement of boobs *shock* im... lopsided boob drawing artist O.O;; )

muhahah i find it kinda easy to recognize art from people i commission from.. cause i tend to just stare at the art when im bored or moody cause it cheers me up. and then i go look around to stare at the rest of their art ^^;;

See, i think back when Iw as young, I used to think being antisocial, being a loner, being overdramatic was cool. Then I realized all it did was make people hate you becasue you complained too much. Now, I'm like.. I don't know, but my OC reflects me, and I'm heavily driven by reason and logic - and eye for an eye, balance and stuff. I believe not in good and evil but in perception. The characters I draw and create tend to be average joes or people who just take it even if their life really is crap.

Yeah, Tir - lol. I think i've been getting at that, just very roundabout because I'm a bad speaker and totally awkward - preference is style. And preference is part of ones personality. So style is personality.

Haha. I can recognize my own art, cuz like, I did it. lol. XDDD Now, like, if I didn't... if I like, sleep-arted or something. Dude, that'd be SWEET.

It's sleetingoutside *sob*

Btw, Tir, I found I can take the cheap train to where you live :p

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2007, 08:50 PM

homg. sleep-arting. I bet I can produce some hideous stuff that way.

:DDD WOEE YOU SHOULD VISIT.... HOMG. WE SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE A MID-EAST GET-TOGETHER *O*!!! /ulterior motive: work everyone to draw like mad/

and yeah it's sleeting like hell T__T;;

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-16-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah you're OCD to the max XDDDDD;; I don't really mean the mistakes but sometimes a few specs here and there are kinda nice XDDD;;

Did you read jade's walkthrough? Dx... I told her that she should tell people to put the paper on the floor and step on it to give the "grunge" look 8D;;; and that if the paper tears they could just stick some gum on the back and give it that extra "texture"

8D;; /pudder leaves some parts unfinished out of laziness... I mean.. TO GIVE IT CHARACTER/ RIGHT... >_>

and I don't get the automatic assumption that CG is better either.. though most people I know don't think that way.. just some random noobs 8D;; but it does tend to display better online :F...
Haha, yes they are. But yes, I am OCD. Uhm... the thing i said about the color coding was true. My notebooks are also color coded. I can't draw if my hands are sweaty or smell like metal. I keep different sketchbooks for different purposes - I have like fourteen.

Haha, yes, I did read that! Haha, omfg. The great thing is I swear someone would actually do that...

Yeah. Random n00bs. But Gaia's full of 'em, and even stupid n00bs have money. DX which i want. stupid people shouldn't have money. lol.

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2007, 08:53 PM

D8> if only competetive selection worked better.

XDDD oh god. she showed me some pictures that were inspired by her style... 8D;; they were generally hideous. BUT. I appreciate the effort 8D....

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-16-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
homg. sleep-arting. I bet I can produce some hideous stuff that way.

:DDD WOEE YOU SHOULD VISIT.... HOMG. WE SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE A MID-EAST GET-TOGETHER *O*!!! /ulterior motive: work everyone to draw like mad/

and yeah it's sleeting like hell T__T;;
When I was in fourth grade, I used to draw with my eyes closed when I got bored. Yeah, uh... I stopped doing that.

It's mid-atlanic, lol.

But lol, yeah, we should. The thing is, Khel and I never have our school breaks at the same time! SHe's always at State College when I finally get let out. Suki's a high shcooler, though. Lol. She can't take the train if like, I'm not there. I don't know but ryo0oki and Ramy are both at JHU... I don't know if there's a train from Balti to where you are.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-16-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
D8> if only competetive selection worked better.

XDDD oh god. she showed me some pictures that were inspired by her style... 8D;; they were generally hideous. BUT. I appreciate the effort 8D....
... Huh? What pictures?

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2007, 09:01 PM

oh, people pm her with "I used your walkthrough to draw this ___"

XD''

hrmm 8D well ummm iunno D8> my break is after th 23rd but I'm going on vacation 8D;; And after that I guess nthere's not much opportunity till summer :'D

Though we're all -really- close so I suppose maybe a normal weekend would do too... hrmm... D8>

Oh and MIDEAST/MIDATLANTIC SAME DIF.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-16-2007, 09:04 PM

Lol. Nobody's done that for my walkthrough. I wonder waht it'd look like.

Yeah, a normal weekend should work. I live within walking distance of the main trainsation in my city.

Eh. My break's OVER ALREADY. we went back to school on Monday. :/

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-16-2007, 09:04 PM

hahaha stepping on their stuff? *snort* in our uni.. that bloody teacher that made us draw the same bloody vase all the time.. i started buying bottles of india ink to splash onto the page somethims and make stuff look more interesting.. (bloody.. BLOODY vase... im scarrd (scar-d? i hate english) for life.. i see a vase i want to break it)

heheh i have 6 sketchies for different things. and a pile of crescent board that i have cut in varius sizes that i play with at times also >.<

hahah when i was younger i thought the majority of my classmates were morons so there really wasnt any point in talking to them (who am i kidding, i still feel the same way).. and er.. i guess because im very opinionated i tend to try and stay away so i dont open my big mouth and rant at them. or shut someone up with their crap argument .

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2007, 09:07 PM

loool 8D;; I get along with pretty much everyone. Even people I don't really like... you silly anti-social kids.

I may be bipolar though. since I'm a bitch at home 8D;; and I get meaner as time goes on.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-16-2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:

hahah when i was younger i thought the majority of my classmates were morons so there really wasnt any point in talking to them (who am i kidding, i still feel the same way).. and er.. i guess because im very opinionated i tend to try and stay away so i dont open my big mouth and rant at them. or shut someone up with their crap argument .
Lol. I still think that way, too. I feel alot of people are immature and can't see thier goals into the future.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-16-2007, 09:13 PM

hahah tir, i get along with them, and for the most part im very polite and smile alot.. its just.. id rather not be around them. lol and im pretty mellow at home, i think the only person im an absolute bitch too on occasion is my husband (poor guy) but.. he tells me when im being insufferable and i try to tone it down or run it off >.<

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2007, 09:19 PM

/immature and has no goals for the future/ 8D;;

man we're so off topic XDDD;;;

But speaking of which I was talking with a friend earlier today who I used to have a -lot- of fun hanging out with >_<; but I noticed that I couldn't talk about anything serious with him and our interests had seperated too much @__@;; was kinda sad really... because my conclusion was that from now on I'd keep things at a very superficial "hi how's your day" kind of thing :/

Dx.. if only msn worked right now... gah. Maybe we should continue this convo in another thread?

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-16-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
/immature and has no goals for the future/ 8D;;

man we're so off topic XDDD;;;

But speaking of which I was talking with a friend earlier today who I used to have a -lot- of fun hanging out with >_<; but I noticed that I couldn't talk about anything serious with him and our interests had seperated too much @__@;; was kinda sad really... because my conclusion was that from now on I'd keep things at a very superficial "hi how's your day" kind of thing :/

Dx.. if only msn worked right now... gah. Maybe we should continue this convo in another thread?
Lol I smile, bear it, and take iditos' money. That's my purpose in life.

Yeah, haha, we are. XD;;;

Damn, yeah, that's happened to me before... it's.. really saddening.

MSN is working for me. o.O In certain cases. h/o.

Sethirius
*^_^*

Old 03-17-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Seth! You're here! Haha. There's something I notice in the way you draw lines, and you like green and red and orange a lot, I think.
Oh, haha yeah my lines can pretty sketchy when I'm doing personal art. @w@;; And yeah, I definitely use a lot of green... I tend to sketch in green most of the time. >3

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-17-2007, 10:13 PM

• My style truly depends on my mood and what medium I'm using. If I'm using pencils/markers/pens/etc. My style can vary from an anime/disney hybrid, to something weird and out there like Weja. When it comes to pixels, if I'm doing something on a large base, I just shade however, but if I'm using a smaller base, I shade normally for the body, but dither the hair. But then again, my pixel style is always changing.

Maybe I just haven't truly found my own personal style yet?

Mary
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-18-2007, 07:34 AM

I guess I have my own style. I mean, I've never seen anyone that draws exactly like me.

I usually draw really sketchily (is that even a word?) annnd...what else? I dunno. my art isn't really all that unique. D:

dragonpaladin
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to dragonpaladin Send a message via MSN to dragonpaladin Send a message via Yahoo to dragonpaladin

Old 03-18-2007, 07:40 AM

Spreads The Luck Of The Irish

Everyone Does

Spreads The Luck Of The Irish