Angel-sky2007
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 07:16 PM

What do you think? It is harder to draw boys or girls? I think it is harder to draw boys, am very good at drawing girls and avatars of gils, but at boys i can not do the head right, it still looks like a girl head...

MelanholiC
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2007, 07:18 PM

almost same here xD

I can draw girls really good.

and boys heads... but when it comes to the body...
>_<' I just can't do it right

Strychnine Kisses
*^_^*

Old 10-13-2007, 07:18 PM

I think they're both kinda hard to draw.
Girls are rounder and much more curved, it's alot harder to set everything into proportion and have their chest look right as well.
As for guys, it's hard to get their facial features to appear stronger, and have their shoulders wider without making them huge. I tend to draw girls alot more then I draw guys, seeing as how most of my avatars are girls... and I am a girl.
But guys are fun to draw as well.

The Sharpest Spoon
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-14-2007, 02:56 PM

I would say girls are easier, but it varies for everyone and they're style. Especially since you have to draw muscles for most guys.... muscles areso difficult for me... XD

Peppermint
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 03:17 PM

• Boys.
    I can draw girly boys...
    but i can only do good girls.
    Boys distract me.
    Ionno their hairstyle.. etc.
    xDD

Rainstar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2007, 05:03 PM

Boys are hard for me to draw. I mean, I can, but their faces tend to look slightly odd, and they seem to be very thin in my pictures. Girls are easy for me to draw. Plus I love long hair, even on boys, and it's more appropriate on girls by most people's standards. I think boys should all have at least jaw-length hair. Especially since it's easier to draw longer hair, and I stink at drawing spike-ish hair. You know, like short hair that disagrees with its neighboring hair and ends up all over the place, like some boys I know. >.< I'm not talking about anime-spikes here. My style is manga-influenced, but it's just how I like to draw. I generally don't aim for one particular style or another. Just "my style(s)". :mrgreen:

Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 10-14-2007, 07:25 PM

XD Omg. I so fail at boys. I'm better at girls. Maybe its because I'm a girl?

Jimpi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2007, 11:51 PM

It might be because I'm a GIRL, but I think it's harder to draw boys. Everyone asks me "Why do you only draw girls?" My one reply: Boys= HARD!! Whenever I draw them, they turn out gayish and girly!! Mainly cause I am a girl and know how our bodies look, and our clothing style. And I've never seen a naked man (And I don't plan to til married <3) so I wouldn't have a clue about their anatomy. And I don't pay attention to their style since I know I'm not goingto use it cause I can't draw the style if I cant draw the guy itself!! Plus their hair confuses me...

ivysnowdrop
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-21-2007, 12:50 AM

i can draw girls good but when it comes down to guys i just cant draw them!!!!!!!!! i end up making the guys look like a bunch of ugly scribbles....GUYS=SO HARD TO DRAW! GIRLS=EASIER TO DRAW!

Lore
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-21-2007, 12:54 AM

I think it just depends on the body structure you're trying to draw. I LOVE drawing both muscular men and very effeminate ones. Female chests can be a little hard, but it's only if they're larger than what I would prefer.

:3 So it's all about even, I think. The muscle shape on the larger men took me a little while to understand, but now that I've gotten used to it, it's actually a lot easier than drawing a thin, curvy person.

poorlyexecuted
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to poorlyexecuted

Old 10-21-2007, 02:04 AM

I've always thought that the opposite sex is generally a little more difficult to draw just because you're usually not as familiar with the figure. So if you're a female of course you know where curves end and begin and bone structure and such because you can use yourself as reference, etc. Same goes with males.

.leianne[liarliar]
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-21-2007, 03:18 AM

Both are actually quite
difficult.
But,I would have to say boys.
Because they always
end up looking rather feminine
when I am finished drawing then.

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 10-21-2007, 05:14 AM

Boys.
The chest of boys are horrible to draw. I'm a slim man and I have trouble drawing myself. I usually draw them and make them all look skinny/feminine like they are off of a Shoujo manga! I always wanted to learn how to draw a bulky man.

Eitriarch
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2007, 08:55 PM

geez, everyone thinks drawing boys are hard...

I think it's harder to draw girls, but that's just me.

I can draw both really.

Moon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-23-2007, 09:17 PM

The male figure is harder for me.
Actually... I suck at both.

I can't quite get the muscles right.
Not that every man has muscles, but I can't even make the face look... like a man's.

>:O DAMN J00 men.

:]

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 10-25-2007, 04:36 AM

I can draw head shots of gilrs pretty well. I can also draw pretty boy head shots.. I can't draw female or male bodies. I can draw elbows and legs...Just not the waist, the hips, and the bust... It's tough.

Mokibus
@w@
Send a message via AIM to Mokibus Send a message via MSN to Mokibus

Old 11-01-2007, 11:14 PM

Hmm....I think I'm relatively equal with them at the moment. It fluctuates so much though; sometimes I'll be really good with guys, sometimes with girls. It's very strange. xD

shellthabunny
*^_^*

Old 11-02-2007, 04:32 AM

I think guys are harder to draw.

Pixilate
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 AM

Males are definitely harder for me to draw. I'm female, so I know the female anatomy better. xD

Takeda Chiyoko
Send a message via AIM to Takeda Chiyoko Send a message via MSN to Takeda Chiyoko

Old 11-14-2007, 03:04 AM

I draw females better probably, but the males I draw are probably not too far off.
Personally, I think that the artist is just used to drawing a certain gender. So I really don't believe in such things as "girls draw girls better" I know males who can only draw females, and females who can only draw males. So, I guess that makes sense.

Hmm ... the biggest problem I have with drawing girls are their rib cages while for males I can't draw below the waist.

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-14-2007, 04:45 AM

Personalyl I have a harder time drawing males. And I'm not really all that sure why. There are a couple of reasons that I can think of, but I don't know if that's really why it is.

I've pretty much always been drawing females, since, as I said, I Draw them better. My males almost always look extremely feminine, so I try to avoid drawing them (Not smart I know).

It could be because of the fact that I, myself, am female, or that I watch females more than males to see how the clothing moves, or how the breasts and shoulders and such look on X of an angle. I mean, do that with males too, but not as much, maybe that's why?

And of course, there's the little detail of how I have drawn from a live female nude model, but I've been drawing females better since before that, that probably just set it in stone or something xD Lol.

Mara_Uchiha

Old 11-17-2007, 05:02 AM

I am better at drawing girls. But in some cases girls are harder to draw than boys. I mean boys are just strangly flat and they are like a rectangle... lol But once you get the hang of it can become easy. Once you know how to draw girls though than the hard part is over and then comes the rectangle like guys. But it is harder to draw boys for me. ^^

Morbid Searaphim
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-17-2007, 06:48 AM

i can draw girls and boys, but i base them off of my cousins, so they all end up looking gay.

Penny
*^_^*

Old 11-22-2007, 10:24 AM

Equally difficult at this point. I've had trouble with short hair in the past though. It's difficult to make it stick up and lay flat in the right ways.
Man have less fat between their muscles and skin. So their faces especially have more lines and dimples. In a way that makes it harder for some I think. I love it though. It makes it all the easier to keep them human in their expressiveness.

Steinhoff
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-22-2007, 07:42 PM

It's Harder to draw what you're not used to

I'm not used to draw Muscles, old people, General Backgrounds, Day-to-day things and some Animals, so It's harder to me those

And After All, I don't like Very much muscled Mans and Even less Drawing then, yet Sometimes a little can be fun

And Forever with drawing Shirtless Guys <3

Some time Ago I would Say guys Are way harder to draw, but now I I'm neutral about this, Since I love drawing both <3 (Even more if the males are Shirtless)