Celeone
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Celeone

Old 12-29-2007, 06:51 PM

Guys are harder to draw for me. They usually end up looking a bit girly, even if I try hard to avoid that. I guess it's because i'm more used to drawing girls.

hate

Old 12-30-2007, 08:23 AM

it took me a while to be able to draw female anatomy...i havent even tried to get male anatomy correct, they all end up looking like girls

Samdyan
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-30-2007, 02:07 PM

I think baoys are harder to draw than a girls
I can't understand that male anatomy at all O_O

zombie!
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to zombie!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:06 AM

I've drawn both genders plenty, but I prefer to draw girls. Curves are more fun to draw and are easier for me.
Masculine poses elude me at most times. I tend to always draw guys with a hip out or something. xD;; And everyone notices and asks, "Why'd you draw another gay guy?"

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 01-03-2008, 10:30 PM

I would only have lots of difficulty if I had to draw a muscular guy or a girl with lots of curves and stuff. Drawing slender girls and guys aren't too much trouble for me.
Although I always end up having unbalanced characters. The arms might be too long/short when compared to the body, the neck would be too long, and the legs would be to thin or something @_____@

dichromaticbeagle
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to dichromaticbeagle Send a message via Yahoo to dichromaticbeagle

Old 01-05-2008, 04:42 PM

To each his own. I find drawing the male figure easier. Women tend to be too soft and curvy for me, in contrast to the very angular male figure. But, with a lot of practice, that can be fixed..

Not sure when though.. My female figures look somewhat muscular/masculine in the end. >_<;; ..but I'm improving, I think. *sweatdrops some more*

Sweetcooky
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-05-2008, 07:15 PM

i like to draw both.. but i always have problems with hands..

Cheri

Old 01-09-2008, 05:13 AM

I fail at drawing guys ): They usually end up looking like girls. But I've been trying to improve the way I draw guys lately.

Victory-3

Old 01-10-2008, 04:27 AM

it's harder to draw girls than to draw boys. girls have curves and if you do pay attention it'll look like a weird looking guy. at least to me.

organique
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-10-2008, 07:20 AM

since i am a female, it's always been easier for me to draw girls :P
i can draw guys, but i have a difficult time doing it without model references.

Metal Pandora
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Metal Pandora

Old 01-10-2008, 05:26 PM

I don't really have trouble drawing either boys or girls, but girls are definitely more fun for me to draw.

veryvery

Old 01-11-2008, 06:51 AM

boys are slightly harder for me to draw. also, i noticed that as long as you give things boobs no one cares about the anatomy. but boys don't have hips... their hips are the hardest thing for me to draw.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-11-2008, 03:56 PM

Lately, I've become better at drawing guys, enough so that I'm willing to share those pics. I'll admit, I've used girl's boobs and skirts to hide my lack of anatomy knowledge.

Cable Induced Coma
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Cable Induced Coma Send a message via Yahoo to Cable Induced Coma

Old 01-27-2008, 08:54 PM

I cannot draw males worth a flip. They always turn out really feminine looking and I just can't do it. I can draw females though.

tehrin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to tehrin Send a message via MSN to tehrin

Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 AM

I've finally reached a point where I'm perfectly comfortable drawing males and females. The only thing I don't feel completely comfortable with yet, is musclebound men. D:

I can't draw children or very old people. XD

Penny
*^_^*

Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 AM

I can't draw older people on purpose, they show up on accident sometimes though. You just have to make one line on the face and whoops! They've gone from sixteen to sixty in ten seconds flat.

Bloody Rag Doll
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-28-2008, 09:23 PM

It's hard to draw girls body's and boys faces.

Tal Blaiser
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 AM

Aye, before I'm having problem drawing with male anatomy, unlike female anatomy their feature is soft and round, while male body are complicated because of their muscle structure[it should be more prominent and larger compared to female body] broad and large feature... I have more fun illustrating female characters.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 PM

boys only because I don't know how to draw semi muscular stomachs and the faces are a bit girl looking, but not terribly. so it is them more because I can reference easier for girls.

PrettyKitty
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-30-2008, 04:24 PM

Im used to makeing things look cute..and girl are useually more cute then boys (cute as in bubbley/ adorabul...not the Oh he's cute/sexy) I just hate the flatness of the cheast...and i awlways seem to draw girly faces...so they never look like guys ^^;;

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryvery
boys are slightly harder for me to draw. also, i noticed that as long as you give things boobs no one cares about the anatomy. but boys don't have hips... their hips are the hardest thing for me to draw.
I don't think that is true that people don't care as long as their is large anatomy that is correct. Many of the same gender are against it looking over large, for it is unrealistic, and even in models, their is a taste for guys and girls that the viewer would like to see over just being unrealistic.

As for hips, yes boys don't have large hips, that is hard sometimes to deal with on a thin guy, but then again they already look like fem guys then anyway. But I find really muscular guys hard to look right, or realistic.

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-31-2008, 06:34 AM

well i usually end up with femanine guys to put it that way:D

i find girls easier todraw, maybe its cuz im a girl or theyre body is smaller and more curved wich is easier for me but the guys' faces are really hard cuz you realy have to worj the hair cuz if its to girlish he starts lookinglike a girl :S

TelstelNSG1
=^.^=

Old 02-14-2008, 02:44 PM

♥hmmm both really but mostly girls cause i can never get the silhouette thing to show their boobs you know the shading and stuff like that when drawing them clothed fine naked simple, it's drawing them clothed that bugs me and other thing i find hard are drawing hands and feet they are so hard to do even when doing chibi's lol oh well practice makes perfect i guess :D !♥

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-14-2008, 03:18 PM

i draw fem guys all the time. but they have to have a top because I can't draw them shirtless. Sometimes my fem guys look to much like a female and then people ask me, it is annoying.

Wrenja
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:28 PM

I don't have issues with different sexes, it's mostly details of the human body in general I have issues with. Generally guys are either tall and lanky, or they are a little more boxy in their build than females. If you're having issues with guys, it also doesn't hurt to add some muscle tone.

For me though, I'll be damned if hands are not one of the most difficult parts of the human body to effectively draw, every hand I've ever drawn almost looks riduclously awful. I've become a master of drawing people with their hands in their pockets, or the hand curled into a fist (because that is so much easier ><). Hands are awful and gangly and drawing the perspective is probably one of the worst parts. Ugh. It's awful because I'll go through my portfolios and look at a hand study I did and the drawing will look good, but it's like I don't learn anything from focusing on just the body part, because when I'm just drawing I lose any ability I gained from practicing xP

Ears are pretty difficult too, but unless you're doing a close up of the side of the head they aren't that terrible.