View Poll Results: Do you think this movie is just a sellout for Disney?
Yes 21 30.88%
No 9 13.24%
Maybe, but I'll give it a chance... 38 55.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:17 AM

The Official POTC 4 Thread

It's now official! There is a Pirates of the Caribbean 4 coming out that will be followed by a 5th! Here lies all the information currently available on this movie, and media such as posters, interviews, and trailers are updated almost as soon as they become available. Enjoy!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything POTC related here, including whether or not you think this is going to be a sellout (since that was the original premise of this thread).

Release Date: May 20th, 2011

Fun Topic Discussions:

-Favorite Pirates of the Caribbean Quote
-Favorite Character from Pirates of the Caribbean
-Favorite Scene
-Plot Musings (What you think the plot will be)
-Rumors
-Is a Fourth One Overkill
-Will They Stop at Number Four

(Remember that you must put quotes in spoons)

Link to the book (and supposed plot of the movie) on Amazon here.

Summary:

Quote:
Captain Jack Sparrow (Depp) crosses paths with a woman from his past (Cruz), and he's not sure if it's love -- or if she's a ruthless con artist who's using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge, the ship of the formidable pirate Blackbeard (McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn't know who to fear more: Blackbeard or the woman from his past. Written by Walt Disney Pictures.
Posters:
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

Trailers:

Interviews:

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 04-29-2011 at 05:38 AM..

ainebella
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to ainebella

Old 09-29-2009, 04:21 AM

No way they are making another one!! Super excited! But I also am iffy about it, I really dont want it to be a sell out, and I think they should stop after the third one, leave it out on a high note.

*dies* and Im really hopeing that Zac Efrons NOT in it!!!!! I would't go see it in the theaters if he was

Suzhi Mix
Master of Leprechauns
Send a message via MSN to Suzhi Mix

Old 09-29-2009, 04:28 AM

oooh, i heard they were gonna make another one.. but i guess i never thought more about it XD hopefully it'll be good XD kinda burns that keira knightly and orlando bloom wont be in it though.. hmm

and WHAAT! why, why, WHY would they cast zac efron? he would ruin it.. >_>

ElysiumFate

Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzhi Mix View Post

and WHAAT! why, why, WHY would they cast zac efron? he would ruin it.. >_>

Seriously. I'm not sure where that rumor came from but it's all over the web. I hope they don't and it's just fan girl propaganda.

I don't know that I mind that Will and Elizabeth are done in the movies. I'm ready to hear some more about Captain Jack Sparrow, personally. He's always been my favorite, and I quote: "MY PEANUT!"

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 09-30-2009, 12:07 AM

Well, at least Will and Liz aren't coming back.
But I'm not really that excited. I feel like PotC sort of wore out its welcome with the incredibly long and muddled sequels.

loveless6288
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-30-2009, 06:05 AM

honestly, after the 3rd one i'm not sure. I loved 1 and 2, but 3 wasn't as good. So not sure how i feel about a 4th. As long as it's a good story line though, i won't complain.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 AM

I loved the first Pirates movie! The second movie was meh. And the last one really disappointed me. I read an article earlier that essentially said "Johnny Depp knows the last two Pirates movies sucked and doesn't really want to do a fourth." And if Johnny Depp isn't in it, I probably won't bother with the movie at all.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 PM

I only liked the first one, and even that one wasn't as good after watching it a few times. : /

ElysiumFate

Old 09-30-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
I loved the first Pirates movie! The second movie was meh. And the last one really disappointed me. I read an article earlier that essentially said "Johnny Depp knows the last two Pirates movies sucked and doesn't really want to do a fourth." And if Johnny Depp isn't in it, I probably won't bother with the movie at all.
Johnny Depp already signed on for the fourth one but he's iffy on it now because the last Disney Chairman (who was with him, and supporting him, for the first three movies) recently resigned for some reason or another. I'm not entirely sure why he resigned.

I heard the movie was going to be based off of a book by the same name.

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 09-30-2009 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Incorrect Link

Kashi
Kashi Kay

Old 10-01-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate View Post
Johnny Depp already signed on for the fourth one but he's iffy on it now because the last Disney Chairman (who was with him, and supporting him, for the first three movies) recently resigned for some reason or another. I'm not entirely sure why he resigned.

I heard the movie was going to be based off of a book by the same name.

Though I've recently heard that he's not gonna be doing it. The guy who talked him into doing the others isn't doing this one, I think Disney fired him, and so Johnny doesn't want to do it if the guy who said it was a good idea wasn't gonna be working on it as well.

And with that said, and assuming it is true, I won't watch it at all. No matter who is in it.

By "not doing it" I meant, "thinking of not doing it".
This isn't the link where I read it, but it explains it a bit better than I think I did.
http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-...over-at-disney

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 10-01-2009 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Double Post

ElysiumFate

Old 10-01-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi View Post
By "not doing it" I meant, "thinking of not doing it".
This isn't the link where I read it, but it explains it a bit better than I think I did.
http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-...over-at-disney

I saw this article too. I think that it will all blow over eventually but I also agree with you, I'm positively less likely to see the movie if Johnny isn't in it. I still look forward to hearing more news on it because I highly doubt that Johnny would ever fully drop a chance to play Sparrow again.

applewagon

Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 PM

Whoa..
Yeah, I think I'd rather it be a prequel. I would have much more interest in it than another sequel XD

xNedra_the_Red_Dragonx
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-03-2009, 12:30 AM

Ooooh, another POTC movie? Yes please! I love the POTC series and was sad when the 3rd one was going to be the last. But I can't wait to see this one when it comes out. >w<

Freque of nature
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-08-2009, 04:22 PM

hope it's better than the thrid...

Darkestofsouls
El Sleezo's Discount Constructio...
Send a message via MSN to Darkestofsouls

Old 10-09-2009, 12:16 AM

I hope it's good (Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favorite series, after then New Batman Series and Star Wars). If it's based off the book, then it's going to be a sequel, because that book's about the Fountain of Youth (or at least it's mentioned in it), and at the end of Pirates III *SPOILER WARNING* Jack has the center of the map. I'm hoping for some more Jack on Barbossa action (with maybe a guest appearance by *SPOILER WARNING* Will as the new captain of the Flying Dutchman).

I wonder, how many people pronounce it Care-a-be-in, and how many pronounce it Car-ib-e-an, and which one is the "proper" way to do it?

(note, even though I'm sure anyone in this chat has seen all they way through the series, I still post Spoiler Warnings whenever I give something away. It's a habit, and I doubt I'll change it)

xAcidxRainx
Child of the moon, Queen of whit...

Old 10-09-2009, 01:53 AM

I'm willing to give it a chance. If its like the third one I'll like it. Heck the third one was probably my favorite one.
However if it follows the plot that the third one left off at, the fountain of youth, I will be both pleased and upset. I adore the legend of the Fountain of Youth but I think it would of been better if they had just scrapped the whole Davy Jones thing and gone strait to that. It makes for a great adventure film.
So at this point I'm just waiting. I'll see when it comes out. Heck I'll probably like it. I do love pirates after all.

ElysiumFate

Old 10-09-2009, 02:18 AM

@xAcidxRainx: Hmm...Yeah. I'm waiting to see who exactly the villain is going to be now that they've chopped Davy Jones. I've got rightful suspicions that it may be Blackbeard. I guess that only time can tell.

@Darkestofsouls: Ya know, it depends on the day for me whether I pronounce it either of those ways. I never really thought about it though I do believe that I have heard Care-a-be-an more than I have heard Care-i-be-an. Hmph. Never would've thought of that.

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 10-09-2009 at 02:25 AM..

RisikaFox
is bored... Amuse me? ^^

Old 10-11-2009, 12:05 PM

I would personally love more Pirates movies, but only if they make them just as awesome as the previous ones. I'd be interested in a prequel, but I really want to know about Will and Elizabeth's child. To be honest though, if Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow is in it, I'll see it, no matter how badly they kill it. xD

Shooga!
*^_^*
Banned

Old 10-11-2009, 06:57 PM

This is the first I have heard of the film and I am looking forward to it, I am a big Johnny Depp fan, thank goodness for his ever busy schedule.
I have seen all of the previous ones and thought that they were fantastic so I am praying that it won't be a sellout, though at the minute I am a little lost on what more they can do to the plot, I mean the have allready saved good old Captain Jack though if the plot can be anything as good as the others then it will be fine.
I am silghtly put off by the sound of Zac Effron being in the film, he annoys me big time, I don't think he is a good actor and don't really think that he would be a good addition to the cast because I don't really see what he could add to the Black Pearl.
My favourite character is Jack Sparrow, I really do think that Johnny Depp plays the part really well, he also gets some class lines, so much so that I find it nye on impossible to choose a favourite line.
My favourite scene would have to be the fight scenes in the second movie, I love them because the theme tune gets played plus, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom sword fighting makes for some mighty fine veiwing pleasure, right?

the snake tamer
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-11-2009, 08:56 PM

i cant wait to sse it loved that other 3 movies. though i think it would be cool if it was a prequel too.

Seer of the Past
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-11-2009, 09:13 PM

I don't think thereis going to be a fourth movie any more cuz some dude left and Jonny Depp might not do it cuz that guy left. I realy hope there is another one cuz I love thoughs movies.

ElysiumFate

Old 10-12-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer of the Past View Post
I don't think thereis going to be a fourth movie any more cuz some dude left and Jonny Depp might not do it cuz that guy left. I realy hope there is another one cuz I love thoughs movies.
I am about 99.9% sure that there will be another movie. Johnny isn't that PO'ed at Disney because the chairman left, he's just put off. He'll be back. He likes being Captain Jack Sparrow too much and he knows it. Also, if I know anything about Disney, they want to sell out on this sucker pretty badly.

Trust me. There will be another one.

xAcidxRainx
Child of the moon, Queen of whit...

Old 10-12-2009, 05:31 AM

@ElysiumFate- Ohhhhhhhhhhh Blackbeard would be neat. A villian tottaly slipped my mind when I was thinking about this before. (Thats what I get for being sleepy~) Hopfully they have a villian like that and don't just use the scraps of people from England.

thalia_cross
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2009, 03:26 AM

the first was the best, the second was ok, and the third was too drawn out. i dont think a fourth will do so well. and if the rumors are true and zac efron somehow managed to get himself some sort of role in it, or johnny depp won't be doing it, i will not be watching it. ever.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2009, 11:16 AM

I hope the plot is plausible. And not just Jack Sparrow driven for the heck of it.

I think all three movies turned out rather well, they are indeed watchable till the end. And I am surprised that they all kept such high energy. Few Trilogies can do that.