seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-11-2007, 09:31 AM

Anyone see 300 yet? I saw it last night at a sold out show. EVERY show was sold out at the theatre I went to. It was crazy, I had no idea that this movie would be so popular. There were cues and everything - people rushing to get in.

I really liked it but I knew it was all about blood, cinematography, hot men, and amazingly choreographed fight scenes. The abs in that movie was unbelievable. However, if you were looking for more you probably didn't like it.

I'd love to hear other people's opinions on it though.

luciole
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2007, 02:46 PM

I heard its very good, I hope to go see it soon :)

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2007, 03:00 PM

I'd never even heard of it till everyone was like, 'OMG GOING TO SEE 300!!!!' :?

Zoom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Zoom

Old 03-11-2007, 03:46 PM

• I want to see that one SO BAD, but I haven't had time to go out to the theater.

I read a review from NYTimes the other day. The guy who wrote the review HATED IT, but I think he was looking for something more than what I call "eye candy". C;

eig
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to eig

Old 03-11-2007, 04:11 PM

i'm not interested in seeing it. @__@ i don't know why everyone wants to?

Sammi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2007, 04:55 PM

I've heard it's great, I'm going to see it tonight. :3

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 03-11-2007, 05:31 PM

I saw it on Friday at the IMAX. DANNNNNGGGG. I thought it was great!

Though I thought the cinematography would be more like Sin City...it wasn't as comic-booky as I expected it to be. :( Oh well, I got to see a bunch of buff men slinging blood around. Good times, good times.

Tittri
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-11-2007, 05:57 PM

oohhh I really wanted to see it XD But it was sold out in my town DX

Rvaya
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-11-2007, 07:30 PM

I thought it was great! Not my 10 movie but really well done I thought. I liked it because it wasn't comic book like sin city. I really didn't care for that movie. But Gerard Butler (the main spartan) was excellent. I'm a big fan of his and have been for quite some time.
I think it's worth the watch maybe not in the theater for some people but to me I was glad I went last night.
And damn every guy is totally ripped in that movie xD It's a lot of eye candy.

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 03-11-2007, 07:52 PM

I've heard good things from anyone who's seen it. When I first saw previews, it looked like any other battle-type movie. But since everyone has been raving about it, I want to see it.

` Toxic Whispers
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-11-2007, 08:31 PM

• Never heard of it...

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-11-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvaya
I thought it was great! Not my 10 movie but really well done I thought. I liked it because it wasn't comic book like sin city. I really didn't care for that movie. But Gerard Butler (the main spartan) was excellent. I'm a big fan of his and have been for quite some time.
I think it's worth the watch maybe not in the theater for some people but to me I was glad I went last night.
And damn every guy is totally ripped in that movie xD It's a lot of eye candy.
Yes! Thank you! I'm so glad to hear that some one else is all crazy about Gerard Butler. I think he's awesome. Ever since I saw "Dear Frankie" I've been a fan of his. Didn't really like him in Beowulf but that movie wasn't that great anyhow.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-11-2007, 09:19 PM

Well if you guys want to see a more indepth review of the movie, I have a lame little movie reviewing blog on blogspot.

http://quipit.blogspot.com/

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-11-2007, 09:53 PM

Personally I'm VERY interested in the movie.

I'm yet to see, it though, my friends and I have plans of going to see it in the near future.

Sin City was epic, and I can only imagine that this will be as well.

I'm a fan of the "Warriors Last Stand" theme, and simply enough, this movie will likely be the best movie I see all year. xD

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-11-2007, 10:01 PM

Gabriel - don't get your hopes up too high. It's not exactly like Sin City. There's a lot more color in this movie. But I'm glad you're all super keen to see it.

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-12-2007, 01:18 AM

I've wanted to see that movie for awhile now. I've heard good things about it, and I love war movies right off. Spartans were especially some of my favorite war units as they are some of the most capable and well-trained forces. They were the elite fighting unit back then among those around them.

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 03-12-2007, 03:09 AM

I went and saw it on Friday. Was great. Its been a long long time since I went to a movie where everyone in the theater was cheering when someone died and a huge cheering and applause at the end of the movie.

I was worried about how good it would be cause of all the hype they were making for it. I've seen ads about it since early Dec of 06 on and off. So with all that publicity I was hoping it would be a break through movie and I can saw I wasnt disappointed. I would deffinently recommend the movie to any that can handle gore and sexuality. Its not a family friendly or a child safe movie at all so deffinently for adults.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 06:09 AM

Yea there's definately a lot of sexuality in the movie. There were a few moments where I was actually a little surprised at what they showed. Maybe it was because it was just generally different than what I'm "used" to seeing.

Tasatsu
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Tasatsu Send a message via MSN to Tasatsu

Old 03-12-2007, 06:36 AM

I went with Tazaki and saw the movie Friday. I'm in love with this movie. I'm taking a Latin class at the moment and we were discussing what might be different or wrong in the movie. From what I could remember everything was fairly correct.

I love the way it was filmed with the harsh contrast between shadow and light with the dream effect. I thought it added to the movie itself. I'd have to say that actors and actresses did a wonderful job. My favorite character is the Queen. Honestly how can you hate a woman that comes out with her kinds of comebacks! "Because only Spartan women give birth to real men" and "This will not be quick, you will not enjoy it, I am not your Queen!" ..Honestly. I and others that know me have decided that I could be a Spartan woman. x3

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-12-2007, 06:49 AM

OMG i absolutely LOVED this movie. it was just so.. so sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat-the-whole-darn-time COOL! i loved how they slow-mo'd things during the fight scene to make it more dramatic. and nearly the whole entire time i was mentally thinking of "oh this would be such a cool pose to try out drawing". *squee* and yes the abs in here were stunning, how on earth did they manage to get so many ubber ripped manly men to agree to run around in speedos for this movie *drool* i thought the way they made it was very dramatic and attention grabbing. as soon as i got home i wiki-d the battle to look up the exact number they took down with them because i was just so entranced? then again this is probably because im a huge geek and absolutely love anything to do with the ancient greeks.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 08:33 AM

Jitsumi - Apparently in order for them to get that ripped they literally only ate heaps of berries and water for about two months or something ridiculous like that. Intense training schedule and whatnot. But seriously, berries and water.

If only I could have a personal trainer who could help me get all spartan woman strong. The mother of the king (when they were showing the flash back to when he was little) had some serious woman pipes on her arms but still looked feminine.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 PM

I just read something that in Canada, 300 opened with a whopping $70 million box office takings in the first weekend! That's absolutely insane. Apparently its the best ever March opening for a movie EVER.

Purgatori
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 03-13-2007, 02:26 AM

Yeah, looking forward to it somewhat.
Are you saying the story wasn't good though?
I'm not too sure when it comes out in Australia.
Been pretty slack with movies lately, so it might have to wait til it comes out on dvd. : (

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-14-2007, 12:57 AM

• OMGOMG. Yay for Sparta. I hadn't done any reading on the movie or comic, so I had absolutely NO IDEA that it was going to end like that. :O
    &&Jitsu looked up some stuff about it and said that it's fairly historically accurate. 300 Spartans massacring 20,000 men. Spears 'til they shattered, swords 'til they broke, then hands and teeth. Just so amazing and probably would've been even more inspiring if I were in the armed forces, but it was STILL amazing.
    Makes me love the God of War video games and those portions of history/mythology. :3

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-14-2007, 04:27 AM

oh lordy.. berries and water.. i bet they had the worst indigestion until their body got accustomed to eatting that way *wince*

mmm though some of the other things were a little a bit off as well. apparently after the leader of the spartans died Xerkses was so upset by the devastation he had cause to his army that he had him hbeheaded and crucified upside-down.. which in that time (well and today as well - sometimes) was horribly appaling since in general a worthy adversary was respected after he died. but then they also said that xerksies had a horrible temper and had a river whipped for not listening to his commands... how anyone ever followed a loony bin like him i'll never understand.

Wikipedia has a lot of really interesting information on it that i had never heard about ^o^ <3 wiki