Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-11-2007, 01:05 PM

With titles such as Saw (I, II, III...sixty three), The Hills Have Eyes, The Grudge or The Ring, appearing in recent years. (Which, in my opinion, are all pretty half-assed D: )

I pose a simple question.

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen?
Is it something older, or one of these new generation movies?

I'd probably have to say The Shining, it didn't scare me as such but it left me a little disturbed and shaky - which nothing before I'd seen that had really done before. Jack Nicholson's performance was just unbelievable o_o;

Spooon;
- Scariest movie?
- Older movies or newer movies?
- Do you even like scary movies/horror?

Man
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-11-2007, 01:12 PM

I can't remember the last movie that frightened me. xP Maybe the Texas Chain Saw Massacre, only because someone got me so hyped up to see it. I've heard others say the Labyrinth was spooky.

wish

Old 03-11-2007, 01:14 PM

I dunno.. i don't like to watch many really really scary movies like the ring. x_O;
i haven't watched the ring, the grudge or anything asian currently. xD
except the live action drama of MARS, which... i covered my eyes when i saw the scary ring like woman. ._.

Dawn Crest
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2007, 01:14 PM

I hate scary movies D;
I watched this one film with my boyfriend which he said was a 'comedy', about people who think their neighbours are murdering others and burying them in their back yard.
It had a few funny bits, but I still got creeped out D;

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-11-2007, 01:18 PM

@Dawn> Ewww, sounds disgusting.

It seems that 'scary' movies just aim to be grotesque to get the audience to react. Which doesn't work on me o3o~

Shaun of the Dead however, does the whole comedy/zombie/horror thing excellently~

@wish> Oh, Samara? I <3 her.

Zom

Old 03-11-2007, 01:19 PM

Well, the last scary film I saw was Resident Evil. (I think)
Me being someone with a fragile mind and can get paranoid after watching scary films.. I saw the ending of it and was terrified of lots of things for weeks after. o__O;

But I don't understand, because I could watch Ghosts of Mars and all sorts of gory/scary films before that and be fine. Ever since watching R.E I can't watch scary films. Suxx. -sues the makers of R.E-

(Kinda ironic because I love Zombies and Cyborgs..)

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-11-2007, 01:23 PM

@Zom> I love zombies especially.

However, 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead really did mess up the whole traditional zombie thing. In 28 Days Later they could run at the speed of light and Dawn of the Dead was very bland, albeit funny at places.

Zom

Old 03-11-2007, 01:25 PM

Wtfs o.O;

Zombies are supposed to be slow moving </3
D:!
I haven't seen many scary films so.. x_.

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-11-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zom
Wtfs o.O;

Yeah, which was why 28 Days Later was just so odd, and annoying D:

Setanic
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-11-2007, 01:26 PM

*laughs* I'm not an avid scary movie goer.
My imagination is far too overactive to watch them, After watching the ring I was paranoid for months, even though I knew it was high impossible to happen. I still stared wide awake at that creepy closet of mine.

My friends see it strange that while on one hand I hate to watch grotesque moives I adore writing gore. My fanfiction, Original Stories, Comics, and Roleplays have a horror, sci-fy under laying in almost all of them.

But as for the scariest movie I've see as of late? The Ring, because it's one of those movies that is artful and it portrays the "killer" as something you can't escape no matter how hard you try. Helplessness is terrifying.

KeyKey
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-11-2007, 01:27 PM

I don't know. I don't usaly seen that kind of films.
but maybe The Ring...

Zom

Old 03-11-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zom
Wtfs o.O;

Yeah, which was why 28 Days Later was just so odd, and annoying D:
I definately won't be watching that now xD

It sounds like it'd be better if they had rocket shoes x] Than just being able to run fast by theirselves 8) (Oh god, zombies with rocket shoes.. <3)

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-11-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setanic
*laughs* I'm not an avid scary movie goer.
My imagination is far too overactive to watch them, After watching the ring I was paranoid for months, even though I knew it was high impossible to happen. I still stared wide awake at that creepy closet of mine.

My friends see it strange that while on one hand I hate to watch grotesque moives I adore writing gore. My fanfiction, Original Stories, Comics, and Roleplays have a horror, sci-fy under laying in almost all of them.

But as for the scariest movie I've see as of late? The Ring, because it's one of those movies that is artful and it portrays the "killer" as something you can't escape no matter how hard you try. Helplessness is terrifying.
My imagination too, is indeed overactive. I got a great kick from the back stories of both The Ring and The Grudge. I absolutely adored Samara in The Ring, and her odd powers & the idea of the 'tape killing you within 7 days of seeing it'.
Japanese horror is interesting, and well thought out; but not scary. I know lots of people who thought both were terrifying though XO;;

My stories tend to be pretty twisted, with big plot holes and lots of death. Although, characters are inspired by the likes of Samara and the Grudge-girl <3

Well, this avatar is, ahaha.

Yeah, the inevitable is a scary thing. Just like in Final Destination x_x

Celria
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2007, 01:47 PM

I'm actually quite fond of the concept of the fast zombies. In the old zombie movies you had scenes where people were trying to escape zombies in their carriage, or horse and carty, but the zombies kept coming. Fast zombies brings that terror into the modern day of cars.

I like the way that they're fast, and they can keep going. They're dead, so they don't sleep, and they don't run out of energy. It makes sense to me.

House on the haunted hill got to me.

remaja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-11-2007, 01:52 PM

i don't remember the name of the movie
a friend of mine borrowed teh movie form video ezy
teh story is so scary because its involving the human body being cut and you know, stuff like that -puke-

Paradise.
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-11-2007, 02:06 PM

Well let's see.
Movies that genuinely creeped me out.

The Ring really got to me when I first saw it. I watched it in the dark. In my room. Door closed. Big mistake. ~.~

Suicide Club was really freaky too. D=

Pedge
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 02:29 PM

The Ring scared me the first time I saw it. I was alone, in the dark.
The second time I saw it though, I knew what was going to happen so I wasn't too scared.

Basically any Japanese horror movie freaks me out.
Dark Water wasn't scary though.
It seems Hollywood can't make up it's own ideas anymore.
It has to re-make movies.

Major Tippy
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Major Tippy

Old 03-11-2007, 02:30 PM

xD The Ring made me laugh.

o_o The Grudge scared me.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 03-11-2007, 02:34 PM

Gosh, scary movies aren't really scary anymore. They're gory...

Probably my favorite scary movies are The Shining, and the Birds. Both are scary in my opinion. Jack Nicholson does an awesome job playing the crazy caretaker in the Shining. It's not as cheesy as other scary movies from the same era, and when i was a kid, my dad used to bust into my sister and my bedroom with an axe--and his loud voice would boom-- "Heeerrrre's Johnny!" hahahahaha. It was pretty funny.

The Birds is just a disturbing movie...Alfred Hitchcock is the MAN.

I've found that most scary movies are cheesy in their own way though. Very few are truly horrifying. Maybe that's because violence and blood doesn't really affect me anymore...I dunno. I'm desensitized.

But, I do watch a lot of scary movies. I loved the Saw series actually. It reminded me a bit of Seven, which was also excellent, but more a thriller than a horror movie. I guess the Ring was pretty freaky. I think I got chills at one point during it...

musado
щ(ºДºщ)

Old 03-11-2007, 02:36 PM

I thought Signs was pretty scary...*shot* X'D

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-11-2007, 02:45 PM

Sizzla! It's Seeno <3

I know you from afar on Gaia XD

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-11-2007, 02:48 PM

I'm generally not easily scared when it comes to scary movies, but I do love watching them X3 In my opinion though, a lot of the "scariness" (sp? sorry) comes from the loud sound effects/movies that they use, which I consider as "cheating." But anyway, the scariest movie I've seen is "Shutter." This is just... hair-raising and mind boggling. It's a thai movie (I think a remake is being done right now and will be released in 2008). I'm not sure on how I'd feel about that, but I recommend that if anyone's going to watch the movie, watch the original XD; The original's almost always the best version anyway :3

Celeone
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Celeone

Old 03-11-2007, 02:50 PM

The scariest... I think it was The Ring. I was afraid to watch TV for the whole week after I saw it xD;;

Keeyats
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Keeyats

Old 03-11-2007, 02:55 PM

• I don't really get scared by movies. Just spooked for a little while, but I return to normal quickly.

I want a really, really scary movie that haunts me in my sleep.

The one that creeped me out the most was the Ring. However, the second one was a joke, so it's really not that bad.

: Is horror movie addict :

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-11-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musado
I thought Signs was pretty scary...*shot* X'D
So did my cousin.

We all watched it together and he was running around the room trying to cover his eyes, ahahaha.

All I saw from it was this big CGI alien.
:roll: