MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-17-2008, 10:39 AM

Are you serious!? He's one of my favorite directors and I didn't think he'd be interested in writing for Avatar...course it'll be different than what he usually does. But this ought to be interesting not only to see how it's portreyed but to see what actors will be used for the movie...I think Dante Bosco should totally be Zuko for the movie as well since he's Asian and does the voice so maybe he can be that part. >w< He was Rufio in Hook in case people wonder

DJ Mango
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-17-2008, 03:48 PM

@__@ Seriously!?
That should be interesting..I must watch it. xD
I didn't even finish the series though!
They aren't making anymore episodes are they? :[ Wah!
That was a great show though! Loved it!

Morien
*^_^*

Old 02-17-2008, 04:23 PM

They are making more episodes, they're just taking a long time, unfortunately. D:

Rmarques
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Rmarques

Old 02-17-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morien
They are making more episodes, they're just taking a long time, unfortunately. D:
They're waiting for Hannah Montanna to finish before they start releasing new episodes.

~PrincessSerenity~
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to ~PrincessSerenity~

Old 02-19-2008, 05:25 AM

I like Avatar so this should be very interesting. Now I must tell my friend.

wispytearz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to wispytearz Send a message via MSN to wispytearz Send a message via Yahoo to wispytearz

Old 02-20-2008, 05:48 AM

I can't really see a live-action movie of a tv series like Avatar being any good. Hate to say it, but I just can't. I mean, I have no complaints with the series. It's decent and all, but it's not something that would translate well into live action without being at least half cg and special effects, which most of the time ends up looking fake. I expect that this movie will likely look like a few live actors thrown into a fake looking world with fake looking props and special effects.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2008, 05:07 AM

Avatar is something M. Night would create, if the Show didnt exist

the guy is great with oddities and fantasy. but that is also his flaw
he is so use to creating Supernatural atmosphere. that when it comes to Combat/Action purposes of the Film, he totally drops the ball or just doesnt do it at all.

even found an article that pretty much confirms it for me. that he is not good with Action. i will be disappointed if the use of the Elements is removed and all the focus is on "Achieving balance" and such.

so hopefully, he is just directing what he knows. and a second director (plus the creator of Avatar himself) will step in and direct the combat.

to CG complaints
i actually enjoy SFX...they are Special Effects that enhance the movie. they are reduced by a computer, so of course they look fake. only way it will look real, is if people really did such things.

i can understand being disappointed in awkward CG, that is so badly shaded and jerky, that you think the movie was created in the 70's! but movies these days are getting better at CG enough to have you feel like certain things should be there.

people talk about CG ruining movies, but dont have much of a solution or suggestion as to how it should be used.

you can have the most realistic looking character.. i will have to use "Beowulf 2008" as an example. and you can still tell its done by a computer, because often created characters lack life of a human being. but it was impressively close and worked for the movie itself.

Last edited by Bunai; 07-06-2008 at 05:12 AM..

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-13-2008, 03:59 PM

sorry, gonna have to bump this up it is important to the topic. and no one posted.
Blog post : M.Night say it isn't so. A:TLA cast

as i commented there. i just don't see this as M.Nights personal casting.
but it is disappointing that the characters will not be matching their cartoon counterparts to the T.

the actors certainly (physically) look like the characters, but from an ethnic standpoint, they look nothing like the characters.

Avatar is a show that - quite blatantly - shows you that the characters are pseudo based on real world ethnicities.

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 12-13-2008, 10:38 PM

I am sooo excited for the live action Avatar movie! :D Especially because I like M. Night Shyamalan. I actually though Lady in the Water was really good. I watched an interview with him and the two guys who created Avatar, and I think he'll do a fanatastic job with it. He really loves Avatar, courtesy of being introduced to it by his daughter, so he'll want to not screw it up. He was talking about how much he's HATING having to leave stuff out, so I'm going to go out on a limb, trust him, and expect and excellent movie!

I just wish it was coming out sooner. Gah, why must we be forced to wait until 2010... ;_;

...Only I'm really pissed about the casting choices. So hopefully I'll be able to ignore that when the movie actually comes out.

Last edited by Iltu; 12-13-2008 at 10:44 PM..

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-14-2008, 10:17 AM

They're doing the same thing to the Akira and Dragonball live actions. They're raping - I mean Americanizing them.

Still, I think shyamalan can do a good job with this because he's done some amazing films in the past. I want to see who will play Toph!

enmas
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-15-2008, 10:02 PM

Please, PLEASE, tell me that's a joke! Jesse McCartney, as ZUKO?!?!? :cries: How ... :sniff: How could they?:(

:Sad voice: That is terrible. I hope that M. Night can save this movie, because Jesse just killed it for me. :Blech:

Can you tell how I feel about Jesse McCartney?

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2008, 11:52 PM

Jesse McCartney? You've got to be kidding me! I just don't see how any of those castings are going to stay true to the characters, even without a racial standpoint. It's a disappointment, to say the least.

But I'm always very wary of "live action" interpretations, so I can't say that I expect much to begin with.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-18-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellerbee View Post
They're doing the same thing to the Akira and Dragonball live actions. They're raping - I mean Americanizing them.
Likely Toph won't be in the movie, since that is chapters later, and this movie is doing the first half of the Water chapter. If it does badly, then we likely won't get to see a Toph.

I don't see much Americanizing with Dragonball, It's based on an old Chinese story, and since Sayians are not Earthlings and they are not Asian. It is the rest of the cast that is, but do I think it's a stupid casting choice? Most definitely.
Wiki says with Akira "No announcement has been made regarding the cast". Heck, I still end up falling into websites of people who worship the Akira manga, and shun the anime adaptation. That is a huge freakin manga! It's a phonebook.

I have nothing against Jesse McCartney, cute kid, decent singer, but I certainly can't visualize him playing Zuko...at all. And it isn't confirmed that he will be Zuko, but if he is maybe he will surprise everyone. It's not the cast's fault that they don't fit the roles everyone is familiar with. It's the people pouring money into the movie who think that they make the best decisions for mainstreamers.

Fans going to a movie is just half of what the movie will make back, if producers want more to balance out the cost, they need mainstream dollars.

But seriously... don't you guys think they should have just gotten Dante Basco to play Zuko! The dude was freakin' Rufio lol!! He may not be the right age, but it would be a fangasam to see him on screen again as the very character he voiced.

Last edited by Bunai; 12-18-2008 at 07:25 PM..

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-19-2008, 03:58 AM

Hmmm I guess we won't see Toph this movie. I didn't even think about that.

As for Akira, which is one of my favorite mangas, (and I loved the film, too) it is going to take place in 'New Manhattan' instead of Neo Tokyo and Tetsuo's name is being changed to 'Travis'.

Travis? :no:

Risu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Risu

Old 12-19-2008, 05:28 AM

In the end, it feels like so many of my childhood memories, and even teen memories now are being horribly twisted. Oh Akira, what have they done to you? Avatar, one of the few good cartoons on TV is being ridden for all it's worth now.

As for M.N.S, I can't stand his work. You see one, you've seen them all inevitably. Wooo, there's a big twist at the end, except you know what it will be. Lady in the Water was a decent movie, as were Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense (if only for the first two times you watched it), but I can't stand how he's throwing himself into bigger and bigger roles in his movies. Probably the only thing that kept him from declaring himself Aang was the age. *Sigh* One problem with his movies is that once you know the ending, they don't hold you. They don't compel you to watch them time and time again. Once is enough, and for some, much more than enough.

I can however, get behind the rumour that Jason Isaacs will be playing Admiral Zhao. He did the voice for him to begin with, plus he does have that sort of physicality, not to mention evil creepy look for the man. Though right now, all parts are only, rumoured so who knows what will happen?

Hopefully though all of us who are worried will be proven wrong, and the movie will rock out hard.

Garnet Phoenix
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-20-2008, 04:11 AM

I'm actually scared about the upcoming live-action movie... I like the series as it is and am not really sure if the movie will do the tv show any justice... But I will watch it when it does come out and see if it fits well with the show. By the way... ZUTARA FOR LIFE!!! Please don't kill meh. xP

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-22-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellerbee View Post
As for Akira, which is one of my favorite mangas, (and I loved the film, too) it is going to take place in 'New Manhattan' instead of Neo Tokyo and Tetsuo's name is being changed to 'Travis'.

Travis? :no:
XD
seriously , where are you getting this?
so far its funny :O i guess we have to wait till something actually happens.

i'm not much on flipping over live-action.

Bii
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-24-2008, 07:21 PM

OMG. I WANT TO SEE. xD

`Trixxy
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-28-2008, 08:05 AM

I've never watched all of the episodes to that show, so I'm definitely going to watch it. Hopefully it'll be good.

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 PM

Yeah, I heard that Isaacs will be playing Zhao.

I may go see the movie just for that. Zhao is my favorite character and Jason Isaacs is kinda hot.

I hope the warriors of Kyoshi make an appearance. They're also my favorite characters.

kimmik
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 AM

I didn't think that they would do a live action of Avatar. It sounds interesting because a lot of those bending moves were influenced by Chinese martial arts. I really like how the series had a lot of outfits from ancient Chinese history like the Hanfu. Hanfus are so pretty. <3 I wish they had some here on Menewsha. xD Anyways, I'm wondering how they'll go about making the movie, especially with all the effects.

Koari
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-02-2009, 05:54 AM

I lovee that show! Though I admit I haven't followed it at all ....to the end....^^; Kind of got side tracked but I watched the ending of the last episode! : D Was good! ~
Hopefully the movie will be good. Will have to see it. : D

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-03-2009, 10:17 PM

I was excited about the movie until I heard M. Night Shyamahoweveritsspelled was directing it.

And that Jesse McCartney is going to play Zuko. *dies*

On the bright side, Jason Isaacs (Zhao's voice actor) is rumored to be playing Zhao. *drools*

Shuu
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Shuu

Old 01-04-2009, 09:10 PM

WAIT.

Is Jesse McCartney really playing Zuko..?

:/

-shudder-

I plan on seeing this movie regardless of whose playing the roles, I just hope it'll turn out better than the sad excuse for a live-action DragonBall film.

~Love_me_Deeeply~

Old 01-05-2009, 04:16 AM

Wow a live action Avatar Movie sound pretty cool! I can't wait to see it. Hopefully it'll be better than that new dragonball movie.