C2
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-27-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainiy

I absolutely SOBBED when I watched that dog movie >.> Something... Below? 49 Below? =_= The part where the dogs got left behind in Alaska or Antarctica or wherever made me cry tons ;o; (Can you tell the last time I watched it was probably two or three years ago? xD; )
I do believe that that was Eight Below. All those poor dogs. :(

lol, my family actually adopted a Siberian Husky sometime after we saw that. (They grow up fast.)

~PrincessSerenity~
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to ~PrincessSerenity~

Old 02-27-2008, 03:58 AM

Eight Below made me cry.

Pay It Forward made me cry all three rimes I've watched it.

I've also cried during Titanic.

The TV movie Christmas Shoes also made me cry.

Framboise
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2008, 06:29 AM

- please don't judge me please don't judge me -
Alright.. there's three movies that get me every single time I watch them.. Braveheart, Phantom of the Opera, and Muolin Rouge.. please don't question the first one..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2008, 07:28 AM

I'm not the crying type. But there is one film... one film that has reduced me to a watery mess.

Grave of the Fireflies

For anyone who denies that animation can carry any real emotional weight I would steer them towards this title. For those who haven't seen it, based off of a semi-autobiographical novel, it comes out of Studio Ghibli. The same studio Hayao Miyazaku whips up his masterpieces. It's the story of a pair of orphaned, Japanese siblings, an older brother and younger sister, trying to survive on their own at the tail end of the Second World War.

Before I first saw the film I had head that it was sad. But I really didn't expect it to have the affect on me that it did. The movie broke my heart and I was bummed out for hours afterwards. Even listening to bits of the soundtrack makes me sad.

So uh... if you haven't seen it, you should. :mrgreen:

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-27-2008, 08:39 AM

I will always cry during Field of Dreams.
I was hardcore into baseball/softball and was the catcher for our team for over six years and my dad would practice with me at home. Around age 10 my parents got divorced and he remarried to my current stepmom. Needless to say I was pissed at him. I refused to visit, talk to him, and even begged my mom not to see him on my birthday. My dad isn't a terrible guy and never did anything to hurt my brother and I but it hurt when he left us.
Six months after the divorce I started seeing him but things never felt the same. I was still angry and even though he apologized many times I couldn't forgive him. Around age 16 one night I got to see Field of Dreams for the first time and fell apart when Ray asked, "Hey...Dad...wanna have a catch?" At that moment I realized how much I missed having my dad around and playing ball with him like when I was younger. So this movie was a turning point and made me face the fact that I didn't want to lose my dad before things could be reconciled. The next weekend I told dad I forgave him and that at some point I wanted to play catch with him again. It was the first time I've ever seen him cry and I didn't know his favorite movie was Field of Dreams.

clock
tick tock

Old 02-28-2008, 07:58 AM

Well, it's actually an anime movie... but the first and last Samurai X movies always make me cry. :/ Probably because I loved that series so much and everything was just so intense. :'D

.ieatkitties.
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 AM

Am I the only one who finds Brokeback Mountain incredibly sad? Oh and I cried at the end of the most recent Star Wars, where Anakin becomes darth vader. I really didn't like seeing him become evil. .__.

For TV shows, a really odd one that makes me cry is Futurama. <<
It's the episode where Fry finds the fossil of his dog from before he was frozen and decides not to clone him and says that he probably had a good, happy life after he left anyway and then they show the dog waiting for him for years. It makes me sad thinking about it.

nenesama
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-29-2008, 04:54 AM

I distinctly remember Bambi 2 made me cry. :lol:
Well lots of movies, I cry easily.

I'm looking for Into the Wild, I know that would really make me cry.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-02-2008, 04:02 AM

That is any easy question! Finding Neverland makes me cry everytime. I remember the last time I picked it for a movie day my mom and sister turned to me at the end while we were all crying and yelled, "Why did you have to pick this movie!?"

It's such a good movie, but so sad.

Oh and an episode of House nearly made me cry in anatomy class one day. This mother was giving birth and her baby came out and wasn't breathing. And as soon as the mother died from whatever she had, the baby started breathing and was crying.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Jeshikah
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Jeshikah

Old 03-02-2008, 06:30 AM

I admit, I cried during Lilo and Stitch. When Stitch leaves the family and he's all alone. I get really teary eyed. And recently, I was watching a movie with my dad, Finding Neverland with Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet. When the mother died at the end, we both looked at eachother, sobbing like a couple of kids. It made my dad all weepy because he said it made him miss my grandma, who had died about nine years ago. We kinda just cuddled together and swore we'd never show my sissy mom this movie.

_citr0n
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 AM

The Pursuit of Happiness always makes me tear up at the end. 1 litre of tears will make anyone cry. It's pretty obvious from the name.

MessyArtist
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-06-2008, 06:47 AM

I cried in Titanic. *sniffle*

.Death Mittens.
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-06-2008, 04:40 PM

There's a lot that almost make me cry. One that I remember actually making me cry was "Bridge to Terabithia" though. Still does.

Gossy
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-06-2008, 05:49 PM

Life is Beautiful.

I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't watched it, but it something terrible happens at the end that tears me up. The end is overall a positive one, though.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-06-2008, 10:19 PM

Death Mittens, did you have to bring up Bridge to Teribithia? I my gosh, that movie made me cry that I ever had over a movie before. I think I was literally sobbing through the last ten or fifteen minutes of it.

Oh and I remember when I went to see Brother Bear with my family I cried at the movie theater. Every other time I've watched it didn't make me cry though.

Also, last time I watched Pan's Labyrinth I teared up at the end. T.T

zombie_tart
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-07-2008, 01:44 AM

Edward Scissorhands makes me pretty much WEEP every time I see it. It's because they love each other so much and then they can't be together and... yeah. It's kind of Beauty and the Beast with a twist, and that kind of story always gets me pretty bad.

Other movies that have made me cry include:

The Illusionist
Finding Neverland
Pan's Labyrinth
MirrorMask
I Am Legend
Little Miss Sunshine
Evan Almighty
Casablanca
V for Vendetta
Memoirs of a Geisha

On another note, when I saw the trailer to that "Dark is Rising" movie, I cried because I was so mad that they completely destroyed everything that made the book so amazing, and with that destroyed one of my Cherished Childhood Memories.

Taliah
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-07-2008, 08:45 AM

My saddest movies which bring me to tears almost every time are:

-The Fountain

-The Green Mile

-Pursuit of Happyness

-I am Legend

-Finding Neverland

...and strangely enough, MasterChiefrei's post made me teary a bit too, /sadsmile. That makes me feel good that you made your peace, and I'm sure the people who made the film would be very happy that their movie helped you in this way.

MessyArtist
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-07-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Death Mittens.
There's a lot that almost make me cry. One that I remember actually making me cry was "Bridge to Terabithia" though. Still does.
BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA!!! LESLIE DIED! Drowned. DAMN YOU Um...whats his name again?! Lulz

Absinthe Ash
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Absinthe Ash Send a message via MSN to Absinthe Ash Send a message via Yahoo to Absinthe Ash

Old 03-07-2008, 09:23 AM

RENT, Titanic, Simon Birch, and Moulin Rouge ;___;

EmoxLovexGurl
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to EmoxLovexGurl Send a message via MSN to EmoxLovexGurl Send a message via Yahoo to EmoxLovexGurl

Old 03-17-2008, 10:34 PM

Phantom Of The Opera, definitely!

greatest movie in existence!
^__^

Lindsay_chan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Lindsay_chan

Old 03-18-2008, 02:27 AM

oh gosh... there are a lot.
one of the most absurd ones is Shaun of the Dead. another would have to be The Road to Eldorado, lol. let's see... lots of movies make me cry that shouldn't. so I prefer overdramatic Lifetime movies that I have to laugh at instead of crying. haha.

BebeMae
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-18-2008, 03:37 AM

I'll probably sound like a sap for this one, but Titanic made me cry...well, actually it wasn't the movie that did it [I actually thought the movie was quite entertaining and quite funny at points], but I remember being in the theatre and the film ended -roll credits- and then "My Heart Will Go On" started to play. I totally lost it!

The one movie that I consistently cried through was Schindler's List. It was absolutely heart-wrenching. Aside from the fact that the Holocaust was a horrid period of time, the brief moments where they showed the little girl in the red coat and then we see that she is dead later on...Gutted! I had seen it twice before, but when I watched it with my Social Studies class in high school, I had to leave the room.

The only other thing that truly made me cry like a baby was "Doomsday", the final episode of Season 2 of Doctor Who. When Rose is pulled through the Vortex and then when the Doctor said his good-bye.

smolder
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2008, 06:04 PM

I got kinda teary eyed the first time I watched Pay it Forward but I didn't really cry. Honestly, I don't cry much and I don't remember any time I balled at a movie. I get more emotional over books than I do movies though, I cried like a baby when I read Bridge to Terribethia in 4th grade.

Amber Lokisdotter

Old 03-19-2008, 06:21 PM

For me it's the anime movie "Grave of the Fireflies". You have to have at least one full box of tissues with you before watching that movie. Even the most stoic people I know cry during that one, and it doesn't matter if you've seen it before. It's just so incredibly sad!

ButterflySoul89
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-19-2008, 07:57 PM

Moulin Rouge always makes me cry, and so does Phantom of the Opera(2004). I can't even listen to the soundtrack of Phantom without shedding a tear.