Noodle Generator
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 06:35 PM

[Dragon Rising: A fantasy RP for all]

Greetings, and welcome to the Infechi training camp! We hope you're all happy to be here, and that you'll love our program of events over the next few months!

Okay.

Now that happy crap is out of the way, and we can get down to the real work here: namely, your training. As you know, the Aestivalians are coming. We know they have dragons. You're here to combat them, got it? You'll each be issued with a beast, kit bag, all that jazz.

Remember, dragons are dumb animals. Do *not* treat them like they're any more intelligent then a horse - they're breakable, but little more. On the other hand, anybody - but ANYBODY - I catch mistreating a dragon, be you handler, rider, WHOEVER, will be DRAGON FOOD. You think I'm joking, do you? WELL?! No? Good.

Good.

Right, let's move on, you 'orrible little lot! Tour of the camp! No dawdling! You're in the Seventh Aerial Brigade now!

Noodle Generator
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 06:54 PM

[Explanation]

This is a training camp for dragon fliers and handlers - once trained, they're stuck in the army; on the other hand, you're less likely to die then a foot-soldier, right? And with conscription and all...
Anyway.
In this RP, dragons are *not* intelligent. They have no special powers. They don't even breathe fire. They're kinda like really really big horses, only more likely to eat you if you annoy them. Just so we have that straight.
Your enemy? The Aestivalians. The whole reason for the war? Don't ask. Really, don't. A long, long story - and it's all to do with Kings and Crowns and Princes, not anything to do with a sorry little commoner like you. Safe to say, it's going to be a long bloody war, and it'll be you who'll be bearing the brunt of it - not those up the top, that's for sure.
*cough*
Getting off subject again.
As a Dragon Rider, you'll be expected to - well, ride your dragon. You'll be doing reconnaissance, dropping Magi off goddess-knows-where, and doing whatever else the High Command dreams up.
As a handler, you'll be caring for the dragons, getting them ready for flights - all that stuff. If you don't look after them properly, it'll be noticed - they'll probably eat you.
So, I think that pretty much covers it. Feel free to ask if anything comes up... A PM would help.

Noodle Generator
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 07:13 PM

[The Training Camp]

Right. In the middle is yer barracks, with the kitchen and all. Meals are at set times, as shown by the blowing of the horn - very loud, can't miss it. Miss em, you're not going to eat until... oooh, the next meal. If you're lucky, you *might* be able to get the cook to give you something special, but most of the time it's going to be slop, slop, slop all the way, got it? The barracks are single-sex only. I catch one of you on the wrong side after lights out, I'll 'ave your guts for garters!
Then, to the west, there're the dragon pens. It's pretty safe this far into our territory, but they're still covered over with mud'n'grass coloured nets, so they're not as easy to spot from the air. You're a handler, you'll be spending most of your time here and the distribution depot, just next to the barracks.
North, you've got a set of classrooms. Basic mapreading, all that jazz - some reason, they're even teaching you some stuff about how dragons work. Seriously, if your dragon gets - well, shot down, I suppose - you're pretty much dead. There's no way that you're gonna be able to hang around long enough to do much more then put the poor beast out of it's misery and run. The Healer (remember this) is located here. She is VERY IMPORTANT. Annoy her, you're not going to enjoy the rest of your training. That is, even more so then the rest of us.
I think that's it. Get on with you now! You've got regulations to read!

Noodle Generator
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 07:20 PM

Okay, here we have some rules. Those rules?

Basically, don't be a jerk.

Want more complicated stuff?
Look at
http://www.menewsha.com/viewtopic.php?t=3459

This is your bible. Do not be like the examples in it, okay? :')

One last thing: I am in Charge. My word (in this thread, at least) is Final.

Noodle Generator
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 07:27 PM

Hmmm. Profiles.
Thing is, I'm not going to ask for them. At least, not more then this -

Name:
Character name:
Position: [handler or rider, or the fun extra sekret positions - teachers and a healer]

I expect that and a decent description in your first post, but that's about it ^^ So yay!

Noodle Generator
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 07:28 PM

Andddd I declare the thread...

OPEN! :"D

Noodle Generator
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 07:45 PM

Name: Noodle Generator
Character name: 'Tempest' Thomas
Position: Teacher - Supervisor

The new recruits were just settling in - she had given them, oohh, half-an-hour to dump their things in the barracks, get acquainted with the site, all that jazz.
The tall muscular red-head was not, by any man's measure, pretty. An eyepatch covered one eye, and numerous scars decorated her flesh. She was, in short, an old veteran. Her old sword - well-used - hung in it's scabbard at her belt, which was a tough old leather thing. She was clad in a leather jerkin and trousers - no chainmail right now, this wasn't the time. She looked about - ohh, forty? - but she might have been younger, if you considered the amount of wrinkles and so forth.

SerenadeinIndigo
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to SerenadeinIndigo Send a message via MSN to SerenadeinIndigo Send a message via Yahoo to SerenadeinIndigo

Old 10-13-2007, 11:58 PM

((Okay, um, I new to Menewsha so I'm not sure how you guys role play here, but if I mess up, don't kill me, kay? Come close, but no killing~

Also, before I start role playing, are you going to 'approve' our characters first, or do we just jump in?

Oh yeah, and one more thing... this is at least a semi-lit roleplay, right? I got that impression already, but just so I'm sure I've got all your expectations down, how long would an acceptable post be to you? 1-2 paragraphs or longer?))

Name: SerenadeinIndigo
Character name: Indigo Perez
Position: rider (in training?)

Noodle Generator
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2007, 08:54 AM

[Practically everyone here is new, sweetie x3 Just jump in, and I'll say something if you need to edit your character somewhere along the line.

So long as you can get a good response out of it, and you're not just firing one-liners all the time, I don't mind how much you post. Just don't go OTT thinking OMGee I have to post more! Look at the sunshine on her hair1 The color of the sky!

That make sense? ^^]

SerenadeinIndigo
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to SerenadeinIndigo Send a message via MSN to SerenadeinIndigo Send a message via Yahoo to SerenadeinIndigo

Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 PM

((Got it :3 ok. so then... a'ight. I got what you're saying. Guess I'll just jump in, then.))

Sneezing as she went to the barracks, one of the new ones, Indigo, pushed up her glasses and looked around at the room. While the others took to their beds, the shy girl, standing at about 5'8'' although she was between 16-17, stood near the door, timid and wary. Why was she here again? What the heck had possessed her into doing this? Maybe she could still back out. The girl bit her lip, looking at the room and the door repeatedly.