ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 02-19-2009, 09:30 PM

I'd seen pictures of Jack Harkness before I saw him first on the show and I was all "Bahh, too much of a Ken doll, not my type, etc."
Then he turns around and smiles and I went "...
ohhhh. o_____o"

He's just such a charmer, really.

Retsu
Abel Nightroad's Personal Blood ...
Send a message via AIM to Retsu Send a message via Yahoo to Retsu

Old 02-19-2009, 09:32 PM

Lol, nice! xD And yes, he certainly is a charmer, isn't he? <3 <3

God, John Barrowman can sing... :drool: Such a freaking gorgeous singing voice! Another awesome thing is that he's Scottish! xD I love Scottish accents, for some reason. Might have to do with the fact that I'm part Scottish on my dad's side... xD

ljosberinn

Old 02-19-2009, 09:48 PM

I'm not -that- crazy about Barrowman though. I mean, nothing compared to a couple of my friends who just start drooling as soon as they see him. I fancy Tennant more and even then, I'm not all starry-eyed as soon as he's mentioned.

I have a Scottish boyfriend. I could listen to him talk for hours, about anything at all. If only he talked more. xD

Edit: And the Scottish usually don't like the accent very much, according to him. They must be about the only people in the world that don't like it, too. P:

Retsu

Old 02-19-2009, 10:06 PM

Well, see, most of it is that mainly cuz he can sing... Far too few celebrities in this world who are considered "singers" are either rappers (which simply means that they talk to a beat xD) or they just plain suck... >.< Lol Plus, I'm kinda involved in musical theater, so I have a bit of a weakness for theater boys, as my friends and I refer to them... Lol ^^

I loved the Doctor Who episode where the Doctor and Rose ended up in Scotland with Queen Victoria... xD And Tennant got to use his natural accent. ^^ That was awesome. <3

Seafarer
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 PM

Does he, now!!!!

ljosberinn

Old 02-19-2009, 11:59 PM

Retsu: I cringe at your description of rap music, and yes, that is one of my favourite episodes! Only partly because of his accent, though he does have the most perfect Scottish accent. He should always use it always. x3

Seafarer: Yes he, does???

Retsu

Old 02-20-2009, 12:26 AM

Sorry... ^^; I mean, I don't mind rap, but really, to someone who has music in their very BLOOD, rapping does not require anywhere NEAR the skill level that actual singing does. Mostly, rap is talking. No notes, no range. Yes, you still need a great sense of rhythm, and you need to be able to rhyme well, but you don't really need the lung capacity and vocal range of an actual singer. That's all. ^^ Sorry if I offended you at all, it honestly was not my intention. ^^;

And yes, Tennant should use his accent more. Have you ever seen a movie called "LA Without a Map"?

ljosberinn

Old 02-20-2009, 12:36 AM

You do need good lung capacity and to be able to talk quite fast and very clearly, as well as, as you mentioned, having great rhythm and a good sense of flow in lyrics. It takes a different kind of skill than singing, that's all. I would not say it requires any less skill.
I'm not a huge fan of rap and most rap makes me cringe or want to kick something (mostly the person rapping for butchering rhythm, flow or language) but I don't like it when people degrade it just because they personally think it's a 'lesser' art form. You may have music in your very blood, rappers need rhythm in their very blood.

No, never even heard of it until now. Is it good? :0

Retsu

Old 02-20-2009, 12:45 AM

*is properly chastised* I understand. ^^;

Yeah, it's a pretty interesting movie. It stars David Tennant as... dang, I can't remember really well now, it's been a while, but I think he's an undertaker and he's also the one who writes up the obituaries, from... Edinburgh. ^^ Also has Johnny Depp in it. Pretty fun. Actually, Johnny Depp plays himself. Tennant's character has this movie poster, and he talks to it, and the poster responds! Not vocally, but like, nodding or shaking his head, facial expressions, etc... And eventually Tennant's character gets to Hollywood, and he runs into Johnny, and it's just great... xD Kinda mature, though, so... yeah. David Tennant using the f-word in that Scottish accent... Cracked me and my friend up so bad, for some reason... Rofl

ljosberinn

Old 02-20-2009, 01:16 AM

Ahh, that sounds great. I have to try to dig it up now. : D

All I seem to want to do today is watch stuff. I wish I had another screen to watch things on though, so I could do stuff on the computer while watching. *pouts*

Retsu

Old 02-20-2009, 01:22 AM

Yes, you do need to try to dig it up now. It IS great. ^^

I know what you mean, too... *sigh* I wanna have my S-cry-ed anime DVDs playing, but the DVDs seem to have mysteriously gotten scratched... O.o Even though they've been sitting in their cases... >.< Oh well. ^^;

ljosberinn

Old 02-20-2009, 01:52 AM

Bah. Neither the school library nor Lovefilm seem to have it. Seems like I'm going to have to dig deeper to find it.

How mysterious. It must have been the CD-scratching demon! :o
Hm, I might try to find something to watch actually. Not that I don't have enough of a selection. xP So, you know, if I disappear for a while.

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-21-2009, 01:24 AM

honoez. my freebie art thread died x.x and yet the Tardis live =o. That shows its superiority xD.

Retsu

Old 02-21-2009, 01:50 AM

...I want a TARDIS... Lol That'd be so freaking awesome! x3

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-21-2009, 02:15 AM

oh yes it would xD

ljosberinn

Old 02-22-2009, 07:07 PM

The TARDIS will always live!! *hugs the TARDIS*

I was trying to get on earlier today but I guess there was a lot of people trying or something, the page just wouldn't load. Oh well, I just hope I'll manage to get enough feathers for a second EI set. :)

*Smacks people around a bit*

Oh, and I have LA Without A Map now! Now I just need to find time to watch it..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-22-2009, 07:27 PM

Eep, I had the exact number of feathers for my fourth set so I decided not to try and get anymore but I keep getting quarters of a feather for posting. >.<

TARDIS lives forever, it just goes on adventures and gets distracted sometimes.

ljosberinn

Old 02-22-2009, 08:01 PM

How very true!

And yeah, I know the feeling. Usually when I have leftover currency but not enough for a whole set, I just get extras of the items I think will be most popular later.

Oh man I'm stuck looking at icanhascheezburger. Need to stop! And go find some food.
I'll be back in a bit. : )

Owls
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-22-2009, 08:02 PM

Hello :3
Oh, you just reminded my I need food too D;

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-22-2009, 08:06 PM

I'm supposed to be playing Tetris to raid the event store one last time. >.<

Food always sounds nice.

ljosberinn

Old 02-22-2009, 11:44 PM

Bahh, I started re-watching the third series of Heroes and completely forgot about this. Silly me. Am going to see if there's anything in the event store I really really want before it goes full price, just wanted to make a post here to remind people there's always the Mene Nation thread, I linked to it in the first post here and if you click the TARDIS banner in my sig, it should take you to it as well. : )

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-22-2009, 11:48 PM

I already completed my last raid, I'll just have to play more Tetris tomorrow.

Bye bye event thread. :hug:

ljosberinn

Old 02-22-2009, 11:53 PM

I don't think I'll manage to get a full second set and I have 497 experience points! Three points from the sword! D:
I just hope they'll be a few minutes late so I'll manage to whack a few more people and get those three points. Even if it won't mean anything, it'll be frustrating to be so close to it. xD

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-22-2009, 11:58 PM

Oh no! If they have to finish the event manually hopefully it won't be exactly on time and you can be hovering over people to bash them.

I only have 13 HP... I haven't even posted anywhere much today!