Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-14-2016, 03:03 PM

Pull up a beanbag chair, a couch cushion, or just lay on the floor with your feet up on the wall. Whatever you find comfortable. I myself tend to move around while i read, finding a new comfy position that gets me the best light for whatever time of day it is. (and i hardly notice that I've moved)
My favorite position is with my feet in the air. Which is silly i know, but its super comfy.

So I'm going to reserve just a couple of posts here in a minute. But than anyone and everyone is free to chat. The more the merrier.

I've had a goal to read 1000 books. Which honestly. I'm starting to think i've already done :P so let's see if i can read 1000 more!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-14-2016, 03:03 PM

Reserved for childrens books.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-14-2016, 03:04 PM

Reserved for "young adult" books

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-14-2016, 03:04 PM

Reserved for books in general

Books I've read in the past, some I've even read multiple times. Others I read once, but I can look at the cover and remember the story cause they were good.
Harry Potter Series - Read all 7 main story
Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them - Thoroughly enjoyed this. Ron and Harry's notes were hilarious.
Quidditch through the ages - don't write in library books Ron!
Protector of the Small Series - Page was my first Tamora Pierce book, I loved it so much i put down the series and read all of the rest of her books that came before it.
Immortals (wild magic) Series - Daine has got to be my favorite heroine from the original 3 Tortall series.
The Lioness quartet - Love Alanna, love George, love the series. Makes me dream of being a warrior!
Circle of Magic - I used the nickname Tris for a long time because of this series.
The Circle Opens - Was super excited to read this series cause it was more about my favorite 4!
Trickster Series - Has to be one of my favorite series by Tamora Pierce. I LOVE Aly! and Kyprioth is so cool!
Will of the Empress - Huge surprise about Daja in this one i didn't expect. But loved regardless. <3
Melting Stones - More about Evy was really awesome. i have this one on CD as well which is the first time I've ever bought a read it to me book.
Beka Cooper Series- This is my favorite of the series, even beating out Aly. I loved it so much. I want to read it again and again.
The Art of Deception - Ridley Pearson - another that i reviewed on tumblr. I remember it being fascinating and exciting.
Electric Blue by Nancy Bush - Was an intriguing mystery book that had a romantic interest flare.
The Killing Club by Marcie Walsh and Michael Malone - I sat down in the library one day and read this front to back. It was really good, and really cliff hanger-y.

Last edited by Shadami; 04-14-2016 at 04:14 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-14-2016, 03:05 PM

Reserved for those other reading materials

The Garden party - by Katherine Manfield - Short story I 'reviewed' on tumblr.
Elder Brother - Tamora Pierce : a short story that makes me really wish there could be a novel about the character. It was really good.
Huntress- Tamora Pierce : i actually remember being confused by this one at first. And i'd like to go back and re read it and see if it makes sense. (short story)

Last edited by Shadami; 04-14-2016 at 03:36 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-14-2016, 03:05 PM

Reserved for suggestions for myself. Things people think I will like based on past books read. :3

and please feel free to post while I decorate^^

Battle Magic - Tamora Pierce. I haven't read it yet. and its driving me nuts that i haven't!!!

Terry Pratchett -*Wee Free Men
*Hat Full of Sky
*The Wintersmith
*I Shall Wear Midnight
(suggestion by Woodlandnymph:)

LOTR series, Hobbit first (suggested by The Wandering Poet: )

Last edited by Shadami; 04-14-2016 at 10:55 PM..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-15-2016, 12:50 PM

I like how much you like Tamora Pierce! She's one of my absolute favourites! Have you ever read anything by Robin Hobb?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-15-2016, 01:07 PM

You know... I'm not sure that I have, but the name sounds very familiar. What's .. he? write?

I met Tamora Pierce too and was to star struck to talk to her while my mom just sat and chatted with her for about 30 minutes at a book signing. She's so nice and friendly!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-16-2016, 05:36 AM

Lord of the Rings! Yes! Childhood and adulthood favorite of mine.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-16-2016, 11:03 AM

xD I am definitely going to have to read LOTR than. My brother has this big book that has all three of them in it. And I think he left it home when he went on vacation for the rest of this month. SO i can swipe it. :D

On a side note, I was starting to read 491 or something like that but I had to pack it up cause everything of mine is going in boxes right now.