Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 09-28-2013, 04:33 AM

Help. I have a terrible headache, and no medicine. Anybody know any natural remedies?
I don't want to google, I'll just get bad news.
"Let's see 'Natural cures for headaches.' Alright, let's see what we got here..."
//scrollscrollscroll
"WHAT THE HELL BRAIN TUMOR??"
//closes google

D;

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 09-28-2013, 05:20 AM

I would suggest drinking a lot of water and sitting in the dark, or not using technology like computer, cellphone etc. for a little while. The unnatural light can hurt your head even more, and resting your eyes often helps relieve headaches. I hope you feel better soon!

JChanOfTheCan
Gingernuts

Old 09-28-2013, 07:42 AM

drink ice cold water, go outside, close your eyes for abit/try to get some sleep, or sex/a good fap. (that last one may sound like a trololol, but sexual arousal releases endorphins into your brain, and raises your dopamine levels, both of which are excellent against headaches.)

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 09-28-2013, 02:50 PM

Very good suggestions, thanks guys!
Turns out it was a migraine, and I went to sleep, and woke up okay. It seems to be creeping back, so I'll just go sit in a dark corner now, drinking lots of cold water, and not check my twitter feed. [That sounds so sad.]
Thank you guys so much. <3

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-30-2013, 04:38 AM

Well glad your head is better...but I'll leave you this for the future...cause a lot of my headaches are tension related

If it's a tension headache (or you someday have one) I can help maybe!

Your neck, like straighten it, but tuck your chin in. If it's a tension headache it should help....it stretches the muscles back there (I guess) like what happens if you get a calf cramp and point your toes up (so glad I learned that one-doesn't help with the really bad cramps)

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 05:51 AM

Thank you! I'll keep that one tucked away for next time!
I do dislike leg cramps. Sometimes they come to me while I am sleeping, and I wake up in terrible pain. I have to straighten my leg, point my toes straight out, then the muscle calms down. Eating bananas helps with that. If you don't get enough potassium, your muscles go haywire.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-14-2013, 06:15 AM

I'm told the pressure points are on the pad of your thumbs (also the large padded part of your palm where the thumb would connect). I find that my headaches are relieved by drinking some lukewarm water and rubbing the points where it hurts.

Irishrain
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 AM

Thyroid issues can also cause cramps and headaches. I know i am severely Hypothyridic. :( It sucks but there is meds for it. Usually it happens to females who have had kids. (i have 4) but sometimes not. And it is in men only very rarely. My uncle also has it and nearly died because he became delusional and hid in his van. He thought someone was poisoning him. Doctor said he had one foot on a banana peel and one in his grave.. Lucky man. Anyway i doubt thats whats wrong with you but when you said leg cramps i auto thought of it since my mom always says OMG LEG CRAMPS! YOU MUST BE HYPOTHYROID! (grrrreeaatttt now i sound like my mother...) Anyway lol with a few people she has been right so i just thought i would throw it out there... Onto your question though. Peppermint tea helps with migraines. Take caffeine. It's a paradox of headaches, ingest too much caffeine and you may get a headache, but take a little bit and it can help make the pain disappear. Studies have shown that aspirin and ibuprofen are more effective when combined with caffeine. So if you take aspirin or ibuprofen at the onset of a migraine, wash it down with a cup of coffee. EAT! Eat something, anything... Unless its wine or chocolate those can make it worse. I take Caffeine pills aka Equate migraine (exact same as Excedrin only CHEAP!) Ice water also helps me ALOT. When my head hurts to the point i cant stand it i will go take a nice cool shower and spray my face with ice cold water. I know weird.. but it works. Heat make it so much worse for me. I also like chamomile tea :D Dont read anything if yo uhave a migraine. If you have slept alot if could be the position of your head while sleeping so if you feel tired then make sure you lay in a different position or try sitting up and sleeping like in a lazy boy :D

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 PM

Another good headache remedy no one has mentioned yet: peppermint tea, peppermint oil, etc Peppermint is excellent for headaches, I have personally tried it myself.

Paperling

Old 11-02-2013, 03:08 PM

Some very common causes of headaches are caffeine and white sugar. Specifically if your consumption of either is irregular.

ReineDeLaSeine14
My Dacshund made me do it...
Send a message via AIM to ReineDeLaSeine14

Old 11-03-2013, 07:35 PM

I have to have caffeine to manage my migraines. I have this peppermint eucalyptus oil stuff but I have to be careful because migraines make me really sensitive to smells. I do best with a neck pillow, darkness and eating ice chips and putting an ice pack on the back of my neck and rubbing anti-inflammatory cream on the spastic parts of my neck.

Wow...run on sentence!