TurtleSensei

Old 07-12-2014, 05:58 AM

So yeah. I have Crohn's Disease and just had major surgery. Basically...

first off sorry for the typos! On my tablet!

And i have Crohn's Disease and was rushed to the emergency room by my hubby back on March 14th and they admitted me. My Potassium was dangerously low because I'd been vomiting so much. They pumoed me full of potassium via IV and that hurts! Ah!! Amd then i got a CT Scan and hadnsever colon blockage. After a follow up Colonoscopy they told me i needed surgery!

I was transferred to another hospital the 16th and had surgery on the 18th. What was supposed to be a 2 hoir surgery to remove scar tissue in my sigmoid colon, turned into a 6 hour surgery! My intestines were wrapped aroind my bladder in a choke hold! And was connected to my bladder. So they removed it from my bladdr, then cut it into segments to unwrap it from my bladdr and kidneys! Then so wverything could heal i gpt a temporary Illeostomy (a pouch on my stomach that i digested food inot. I coildnt poop lol) and i just got that removed and my intestines all back in order on June 24th. I stayed in the hospital for a week and got out last Monday!

So happy to be home!

So anyone else suffering from Crohn's? I've been diagnosed for 6 years but had it about 10 years.