galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-18-2007, 11:51 PM

i guess i have a style. it's not something i worked on or something i have ever been conscious of - things just kind of come out that way. it has changed in the past couple of years, but no matter what medium i use in my illustrations or how i elongate/shorten/exaggerate things people can usually tell i did it.

@dragonpaladin - that's not really true. a lot of people can't do anything outside of realism - which to ME isn't much of a style as much as it is just mimicking real life. to me realism is just the base for future things you could possibly do, just an understanding/a study of the world and the human body :B

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-19-2007, 03:13 AM

I view realism as a style. True, many of the extreme realism people work in such a way that their pictures almost seem like a photo. However, there are many realism artists out there who are very distinct in their styles, though their work is still truly realistic, be it in their brushstrokes, the way they do their lighting, the tendency to use certain color palettes, etc. Even the photorealistic people may have recurring elements in their work that set them apart and make them unique. But too, even then...some styles aren't always unique, but they're still styles nonetheless.

I guess I view art style as a person's means or methods of expressing and creating. In that case, it doesn't matter if you draw realistically, cartoonishly, abstractly, or whatever else - your style is what comes out on the other end of your pencil or paintbrush, in my opinion. :)

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-19-2007, 03:50 AM

*stalks for pudding's arts and eats them all*

VuscISM
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-19-2007, 03:51 AM

8DD;; My style's pretty dark in general...Apparently my couple drawings are popular ((I think I'll try more on that)) My CG....I really don't know 80 I'm trying to make my drawing more realistic....

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-19-2007, 06:52 AM

*grin* aye zurie has a style thats super absurdly adorable ^o^ and is easy to tell its her art without having to stare at it too long

LunaMiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-19-2007, 07:45 PM

• I kinda have a style, I mean, people who know me and my art, can usually choose my art outta a crowd. I'm not terribly unique yet. But to me, style is just a way of interpeting the way you see things.

What do you guys think of those artists who have extremely similar styles? I notice on DA alot, that alot of artists like to imitate the style of Celesse, Bara-chan. etc..

Cerena
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2007, 07:55 PM

My style is constantly changing, depending on the mood of the piece and how lazy I am. CURRENTLY I'm trying to go for a realistic-manga type style, with stylized eyes that don't take up half the face, but it's actually really hard for me to get the eyes small enough as I'm so used to drawing them big *w* I've had people tell me the recognize my style from my lines so I donno. XD Experimenting with styles is really fun though.

Dr Faust VIII

Old 03-12-2008, 02:43 AM

my sister says that i have a style. but I think that it changes with what I've been waching at the time