Staralight
The Star of Light
Send a message via MSN to Staralight Send a message via Yahoo to Staralight

Old 11-28-2009, 08:32 PM

Actually growing up I hated dolls with a fierce passion. I used to run around hanging and setting my Barbies on fire. >w> But for some reason I just fell in love with my Makrua.
See BJDs are great for artists and writers to get inspired.

Makrua is his own little person that just can't speak. But somehow gets what he wants across to me. ^w^
Sometimes he can be a bit vain. That little demon thinks he's all that and a bag of greasy chips. But sometimes he shows how much he really cares.

...Like refusing to pose when I'm sick, so I'll give up and go rest instead of forcing myself to do a photoshoot when I have no business being outside.

TAGRL
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-28-2009, 10:01 PM

that is the coolest thing i have ever heard! i knew they were intricate but i never ever would have thought there was that much involved. & thank you for reading your own thread cuz most people just start it & let it run. its nice to know there are people who care about their other members!

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 AM

Oh oh I sewed Makrua a brand new coat. >w< Yay!

Narule_Mangaka
Artist, Cosplayer, White Mage

Old 12-01-2009, 03:45 AM

Awesome! I'm glad you're posting your stuff here! Feel free to post any stuff you've dressed/made for him

Youkulm
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-01-2009, 02:16 PM

I've always loved Asian BJD's. They're so beautiful and detailed. I really want to start investing in and collecting them but I never know where to start. One day I know I'll take the leap though. They're so beautiful. Plus the idea of being able to collect dolls again like when I was a small child is very nostalgic.

Where did everyone else buy their first dolls out of curiosity? ( Well the brand not so much where, since their are dealers on EBay and so forth )

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-02-2009, 04:57 PM

My boy is a doll-zone mold which is a Korean company. He was 433$ which is actually pretty cheap.
*cough* He would've been 365, but I spent a little extra for him to have tan skin.

And seriously I caution people against buying through Ebay. >w>

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to AlbaRosaria

Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 PM

Oh, lovely! I was hoping there was a post for them!

These dolls are so lovely and just looking at them makes your imagination run wild with ideas all over the spectrum. I only own one doll and I bought him off of Ebay. Truly, I lucked out, he was the last DZ Ian. I was actually saving up for a Chiwoo Elf (still want one! ) but fell in love with the Ian mold.

His character actually has excessively long white hair, but his wig is so ratty right now, he is blonde. Here he be:

Staralight: Your boy looks cute! ^^

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 PM

@Alba: Thanks a lot ^w^

Your boy there is really pretty!

*does happy dance* I'm so happy today! Makrua now has a new pair of shoes. >w< Right from the craft store in my town too.

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-03-2009, 10:42 PM

@Staralight: Thank you! ^^

Your craft store sells doll stuff? I am jealous! Most of what the two craft stores here sell are limited in anything doll wise, they focus on fabrics, paints and framing only pretty much. (And the fabrics are cheaper and in wider range at a store in a town less than two miles away.)

What do the shoes look like?

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-04-2009, 02:50 AM

I'll have a good picture of them up eventually. But they're a converse style pair.

Technically the shoes are meant for one of those tiny teddy bears that old ladies like to make for their grandchildren. But they looked about the right size for an MSD, so I bought them to see if they'd fit. ^w^ I'm proud to report they did indeed fit.

Actually Build A Bear and stuff like that have a surprising amount of stuff that can be resized and redone to fit a BJD and not look stupid.

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-04-2009, 02:56 AM

There that's a picture of his new shoes. ^w^

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-04-2009, 06:18 PM

Those are adorable, I wish Arnorr could pull something like that off! But his style is way too formal and high fantasy.

Where I normally get stuff for my doll is from yard sales. I have a hand made wooden chair that fits him perfectly, scaled fans, lace, amoung other things. :) I will check out the build a bear stuff sometime if our craft stores ever stock them. The only things to scale in ours are just those little birds and butterflies made out of feathers (and I love those. XD )

What kind of style do you normally dress your boy in?

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-04-2009, 07:39 PM

It varies on the shots I want to take.

He has a Dark Priest (WoW style warlock) outfit. Just recently got himself a jacket that I made. Hoodie. Sneakers now. Ninja outfit.

But really Makrua is based off a character of mine that is an old ass demon. So when I can get the money his style will start changing towards that direction. More Armani styled clothes and things like that.

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-04-2009, 08:08 PM

Hehe, I love daemons! But could you be a little bit more specific on the Armani thing? It leaveth me confuzzled. XP (I've been told that my clothes are reminiscent of the Victorian era or of LotR, so you can understand why I am clueless. ) Is Armani like a formal style? Dress shirts and slacks?

I love ancient characters. XD Arnorr is actually an ancient elven king and dresses thus except with my horrible sewing that is being worked on. Stupid sewing machine has been broken for years now, so everything is by hand. My straight stitch ain't so straight. Other than that, he just has his default outfit he came with:

(Had to go dig the picture out of my old DA account. XP )

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-04-2009, 08:22 PM

His style will be something like this seasons Armani collection.

http://www.emporioarmani.com/searchR...7/layoutType/3 (That's a link of their new line)

But generally Makrua's style is a bit awkward to achieve. Because it'll be a mixture of older English style with a modern twist to it. Since he's a demon that has lived so very very long.

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-04-2009, 08:36 PM

I understand how costuming can be hard to archive. Arnorr's is all over the place with his style, so I just refer to it as 'high fantasy.' XP

So his style is quite formal, I can't wait to see him in any outfit you are able to get later.

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-04-2009, 08:58 PM

>w< Lol I can't wait either.

(Dark Priest/Warlock style)

(Casual)

(Ninja)

Eventually I plan on getting some white fabrics and shoes for him so that I can some how create him his own Heraldic Whites. >w> All so that he can cosplay as Vanyel from The Last Herald Mage trilogy by Mercedes Lackey. So excited about that too.

His wig will be changing when I get the money too. He's supposed to have black hair. Not red.

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 AM

Ooo... Heraldic Whites... XD I have a thing for dollies clad in white.

The priest one is cool, but I rather like the ninja one. hehe. Now, if only someone else had a pirate dollie... What kind of black hair? Long or short? Fur wig?

Arnorr's clothes consist right now of scraps of old sewing projects and raw fabric put together. XP Him and his ratty white wig that is falling apart:

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-05-2009, 03:06 AM

Medium length black hair, and I haven't decided on fur or felt wig yet. I'm actually considering one of the wigs from Leekeworld or Tata's Paradise.

http://www.tatabjd.com/en/index.php?...8&productname=

or

http://www.denverdoll.com/images/leekeworld/talia.jpg

Which do you think would be better?

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-05-2009, 03:47 PM

Though a sucker for long hair, I really love the styling and over all look of the first one. And it seems it would suit a daemon quite well. Really pretty. ^^

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-05-2009, 05:07 PM

Thank you very much. ^w^; I really was having trouble deciding between the two. Because the leekeworld one I can get through Denver Dolls which would cut down on the shipping price.

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-05-2009, 07:34 PM

Understood. My doll's wigs, besides for the silver default, all came from Ebay due to it being cheaper. Hard to find excessively long white hair for a 70cm. XP

How many props have you gotten your paws on?

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-06-2009, 03:42 AM

I have an elven styled thrown that I crafted, several fake flowers, a bed, a few stuffed toy..>w> Some other stuff. But mostly whatever I can make and put together in an amazing set.

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-06-2009, 03:54 AM

What does the bed look like? I am curious. And the toys. XD

My elven lord has thus far... Many necklaces I've made him, a handmade wooden chair, two fans he can hold, the staff he came with, tea cups, and a sword with its sheath that is actually an antique letter opener.

Staralight
The Star of Light

Old 12-06-2009, 04:32 AM

The bed is a Victorian styled doll 'king' size, with old cream coloured comforter and pillow set.

I have a few projects to create my boy a pair of Black Wings, a white wired chair with table set so that I can Mad Hatter him, and a few other projects. @w@

So much to do and so very little time.