Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-13-2007, 04:36 PM

Personally, I can't do anything digitally. I'm just too used to my pencil and paper. Being ble to turn it or anything if need be.

I'm not going knock anyone who does stuff digitally, cause there are some effin' awesome digital pieces out here ('specially on dA), but I personalyl just find it harder to work with the computer. Everything I do is always traditional, pencils, markers, pretty much everything. I don't usually even play around with my stuff in Photoshop. >_<

I don't knw. People say one is harder than the other,while someone might say it's the opposite. I think it's just what people like and what they are used to honestly.

Personally, I'm used to my pencil and paper. Whoever posts after me could be horrible with a pencil and paper because they have been using a tablet or something for digital art for years, and they are just not used to the pencil anymore.

It's all a matter of opinoin =3

gladz
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-15-2007, 04:35 PM

for me doing traditional arts [particularly paintings] is waaaay more harder than doing digital arts..
since it's easier to undo changes with the computer... and it's also easier
to pick colors that you'll need.. but honestly.. i'd prefer honing my rusty
skills in doing traditional paintings than the digital one.. o3o

Kanamo
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-19-2007, 03:27 AM

I think they're equally the same. Both require time, energy, skill, persistancy, and patience.

Like, CG wise.. it's easy to do details, make mistakes, etc. because it's easy to fix up and such. You can also add in layers etc etc things which if you did traditionally, you'd only get one shot or you'd ruin the picture.

Traditional wise, it's easier to control brush strokes, pressure, and the overall composition since most of the time we're seeing the bigger picture instead of details. However, details and mistakes are difficult to redo (for markers, at least). <33 Traditional artworks are expensive but has a wide range of freedom.

Reinfire
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Reinfire

Old 05-19-2007, 04:17 PM

I love the freedom of traditional art; the freedom to move your page around, and mix colors (since with the art programs I have they don't mix, just go over the other color) and mediums. Yet digital art allows you to fix your mistakes and add layers. I used to be all about digital art, but for my art class we had to use only traditional mediums. At first I was annoyed, but I came to enjoy traditional just as much, maybe even more, than digital (since my tablet broke and I use a laptop, digital is much more difficult now), and since I've had time to practice in traditional, I've found my digital works have improved too. I think anyone who has only been in either digital or traditional should dabble a bit in the other; even if it's hard at first, it helps you improve and get out of your comfort zone.

Heirii
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-25-2008, 03:01 AM

personaly i think digital is harder

Kaelin Devereux
not coming back, everything is O...

Old 05-25-2008, 05:04 AM

both them are equally hard, if you dont have the eye for traditional art then it's more difficult then if you've got the definate eye for digital art. it takes different expierences and time spent to determine how well you are at either talent.

xlightwingx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-02-2008, 03:27 PM

Traditional is harder than digital.
Digital is harder than traditional.
=D

Personally, i find them both hard in different areas. Traditional, the obvious lack of ctrl+z button. Digital, the obvious lack of pencil and paper. =P

Shelbyrockin
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-02-2008, 06:02 PM

I don't think one is tougher than the other. I mean, if I were to start painting, it would be way harder for me than digital. But drawing with a pencil is about the same as drawing with a tablet for me.