Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 06-23-2007, 02:23 PM

hahah harky really? *snort* im not so.. nice about stuff? if people take my markers i smack them with whatever i have in my hand at the moment, usually another marker or pencil >.<;; *snorts at ming* hey when its something you have to pay for from your own pocket, and something you cherish, opf COURSE you're going to be grrr with it. just like i wouldnt give someone my wedding ring to play with.

oh yes the ripping pages is so incredibly nerve racking! or when they come up "can i have a piece of paper?" do i look like a effin paper dispenser?- no. urgh i know this is horrible but my little sib is always trying to draw in my sketchy or tear out something she may like.. and when she does i just want to pick up the sketchy and whap her over the head with it - i don't, but the urge, still there (probably only dont cause shes my sister in law, otherwise HO yesh! jitsu vengeful sketchy wrath would SO be happening).

hahah yeah, and its not like its detailed.. just a rough outline of the body so i can start drawing...bloody twits..

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 06-23-2007, 02:51 PM

When someone asks me for paper... I just go. "Notebook, Printer, Sketch, Drawing? Lined or Unlined? ... etc"

And usually they just kinda back off. XD

The sad thing is I have everything I say I have.

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-25-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriKat

"Hey, you can draw anime, because you're Asian."

WTF. XD
...that made me LOL...

And yeah, I agree with Blaid. Kids who scribble in other people's sketch books = NOT OK.

XD Happened to me too. My parents were having a party thinger and a bunch of their friends have really young children...which is ok, except for the fact that one of them found my sketch books and drew on one of my finished drawings in it with THICK PURPLE MARKER and stuck scotch tape all over it.

...I was like...WTF kid...this ain't your art project...ITS MINEEEE D<

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-25-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamonmiko

(Whee story time! I was in AP Art this year, and at the end of the year we critiqued out peers' portfolios. Several of the comments on mine were 'It looked good.' I had one that was 'I like the way you got the random art.' . . . . um. Thanks. Except...it wasn't "random" at all, you nitwit! and this from AP students!)
oh god...AP art students are the worst. The other people in my class taught me to be really cautious about giving critique...because I've found that most of the people in the class don't want it...they basically want people to pat them on the ass and tell them what they're doing is magnificent. Makes me sick really. No wonder no one in that class can get a fucking 5...

...well...lack of critique...and also lack of talent. That class made me so frustrated sometimes...

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyBombay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamonmiko

(Whee story time! I was in AP Art this year, and at the end of the year we critiqued out peers' portfolios. Several of the comments on mine were 'It looked good.' I had one that was 'I like the way you got the random art.' . . . . um. Thanks. Except...it wasn't "random" at all, you nitwit! and this from AP students!)
oh god...AP art students are the worst. The other people in my class taught me to be really cautious about giving critique...because I've found that most of the people in the class don't want it...they basically want people to pat them on the ass and tell them what they're doing is magnificent. Makes me sick really. No wonder no one in that class can get a fucking 5...

...well...lack of critique...and also lack of talent. That class made me so frustrated sometimes...
Lawl. it peeves me when PB kicks me in the stomach when I'm lying on the bed drawing, and she's asleep.

<3

Degnne
Child of Atom

Old 06-25-2007, 11:42 PM

I've never really had any of the problems y'all have had. Most of my friends are artists themselves, so they usually have their own sketchbooks to draw in. And when they ask for a piece of paper, they usually mean notebook (which I usually have with me).

I do find people looking over my shoulder to be annoying, however. I also hate when people ask me what I'm drawing, and aren't satisfied with my usually response of "a drawing." If you don't know what it is, I'm sorry, but I'm currently in the middle of drawing it and don't have the time to answer your questions. Maybe, once I'm finished, I'll tell you.

My mom can also be quite annoying, but that's not necessarily when I'm drawing. <.< She's, so far, interrupted me thrice while reading this thread and responding to tell me stupid little stories.

Ooo. I also find it unnerving when my professors in college would stop me while working on something to remind me of something I already knew. For example, once I was working on an acrylic painting. I was using a bunch of translucent layers of paint to the get the effect I wanted. In the middle of applying one of the early layers, my professor stopped me to say, "You should add more white to that paint to make it more opaque." I didn't want it opaque! :x It was perfectly fine the way I had it!

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-26-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun

Lawl. it peeves me when PB kicks me in the stomach when I'm lying on the bed drawing, and she's asleep.

<3
psh. Its not like I can help what I do when I'm asleep :roll:

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyBombay
Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun

<3
psh. Its not like I can help what I do when I'm asleep :roll:
BUT it's TEH HURT.

*hugs*

Y_Y omfg, this is so gonna happen again at ANext, won't it...

Kirachi
Send a message via MSN to Kirachi

Old 06-28-2007, 08:16 AM

Aug. Pet Peeves, I have sooooo many.

My number one pet peeve has to be when people just hover and watch you draw. it's even worse when it's complete strangers and your like sitting down and they're just hovering behind you standing up and they make it seem like they're not watching you but they are xD.

I also hate that "I can totally draw better than you" and you pull that prove it and they draw a horrible copy of your own drawing and they're so proud of it and rubbing it in your face and then try to get all their friends to agree with them.

Mmm. Another one I hate is when you show them a tradition drawing and they just have to rub with their finger or scratch at the drawing to see what it's made out of, When you just told them that is was made out of.

Naeru
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-28-2007, 02:48 PM

Do you find yourself in similar situations? Yes.. when people are noisy, when my computer is laggy, etc.

What are your pet peeves when it comes to your art? Getting an avatar or OC to draw that has absolutely no style. Bulky top, light bottom, or just overall clutter. It's not like I can deny to draw them because of that.. but I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather draw stylish avatars. Plus, the art looks better too.

And when people look at me draw and diss it because it has no eyes or arms (yet). I mean... it's an effin WIP. Work in progress!

And when people are just rude and make you rush your art. Then it ends up looking crappy.

Swansong
The mene ditcher

Old 06-30-2007, 06:23 PM

:.: Omg, I hate when people sit over my sholder and watch me draw, My friends at school use to do it all the time. And they would do it without telling me and I'll be drawing and suddenly feel someone over me (Which is the creepyist feeling in the universe). I would try not to say anything but would end up looking up at them and asking if they needed anything. >///< Akward~!

That and I hate when people inturrupt me for things that I don't want to do. When I'm in my happy place you don't ask me to do HOMEWORK!!! *Flops down* Ugggh being an artist is hard work.

Anyway great thread Idea, I probly will come across 30 billion more art peeves so don't be surprised if you see me again here XD I just can't think of anymore right now

Drey

Old 07-01-2007, 03:16 AM

Like Misty, I sort of dislike it when people stare at what I'm drawing. I mean, its ok at times but if they're going to give some very weird comment on what I'm drawing, then, that's it for me.

Personally, I never really came across anyone who would edit my drawings, though I had a few people that would copy some of the pieces I've done.

There was a case when this person copied my drawing and went around telling people about how theirs was better than mine. I was a little annoyed as, firstly, the drawing didn't really look alike, and since that drawing was of a character of mine, I was more annoyed. Why? Because that person drew my character's personality wrongly, and even when that person copied the drawing, the hair was different.

Whats more, I get angry when someone says that my drawings aren't done by me just because they don't believe I can draw like that, yet they've never seen the piece anywhere. I mean, if you haven't gotten any proof before accusing me of an art theft, please don't say anything? Cause I never liked copying in the first place.

PliR
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2007, 02:13 AM

I hate it when... people look over my shoulder. I feel it's a bit weird because I'm not done and when I start it looks sketchy and has construction/gesture lines. I draw layers over it and erase the highlights and stuff. :/ When I start it does look fugly but it all comes together in the end. But when they see the beginning stages they are like oo~ she not doing anything. I'm like... *sigh* but you don't understand my process.

What is worst, for me is when you are working on a computer and the program your working on crashes and the last time you save was one hour. So you have to redo all the things you did for the hour you lost. Honestly, some of these programs need an auto save. I don't understand why the feature isn't there. >.>;

naida
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-08-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degnne

Ooo. I also find it unnerving when my professors in college would stop me while working on something to remind me of something I already knew. For example, once I was working on an acrylic painting. I was using a bunch of translucent layers of paint to the get the effect I wanted. In the middle of applying one of the early layers, my professor stopped me to say, "You should add more white to that paint to make it more opaque." I didn't want it opaque! :x It was perfectly fine the way I had it!
  • i totally agree D:
    in art, our teacher stops us every 10 minutes for a 20 minute sermon on facial anatomy/how to apply watercolour etc WHICH WE ALREADY KNOW D8;;;

Lithium
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lithium

Old 07-08-2007, 02:42 PM

If anyone touches or takes me picture from me I flip out because I use my art as a medium to pour my negitive energy into the picture instead of doing destructive things to myself and others. So when people touch me or my picture it messes up my 'mojo' and I freak out.

: 3

Twism
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-13-2007, 06:12 AM

OMG Woe....your mom uses your pics when she's clipping her nails?!! Aiieeee!!! Hahahahaha ^^;;;!!

And ToriKat's quotes are sheer awesomeness ROFL XD XD

You can draw anime because you're Asian...WTF....XD XD

Hmmm, for me...well, it's not drawing necessarily...but since I CG mostly, I guess it is...

My mom hates it when I'm on the computer. So when she thinks I've been on long enough, she stands either at my doorway or behind me and starts flossing her teeth. She knows I can't STAND that T__T;

The "Pyack! Pyack! Pyack!" noises drive me up a wall...

and then she eats back the stuff that gets caught on the floss....GAAHHHH I CAN'T STAND IT T______________T

I have to drop whatever I'm doing, like CGing, and escape T___T

Zefster
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-13-2007, 04:25 PM

Hmmmm, I'd have to say that I really hate when my parents try to catch glimpses of my art. I don't mind as much showing it to my friends at school, but I don't like my mom and dad seeing it for some reason. ^^;

Actually what I probably hate the most is when really good artists bash their own art ALL the time. It gets to be so annoying and they make me feel self concious about my own because they say theirs is bad even though its much better than mine. XD;

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-14-2007, 05:53 AM

I can't stand it when anyone watches me, or even looks at what I'm drawing. I hate it and it makes me think that they are judgin whatever it is that I'm drawing.

I also hate when someone steals my notebook and looks at my pics. That happens to me all the time and I really get irrated.

Kaarii San
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-17-2007, 03:05 PM

I hate it when people will just sit there and watch me draw and then tell me what i should fix...i like to be in my own little world when i am drawing and im sure most artists are like that too.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 PM

Twism - .... ew.

Haha. I WISH someone would sit over me as ai draw and tell me wha tot fix. XDDD

Hana
The thing known as Cyndel
Send a message via AIM to Hana Send a message via MSN to Hana Send a message via Yahoo to Hana

Old 07-17-2007, 10:28 PM

Well, like a lot of people, I hate being spoken to when I am drawing (or singing, or listening to music, or reading...). My mom likes to sit and listen to hear headphones until I get busy then she suddenly remembers something that she just HAS to tell me or show me and I get destracted and forget what I'm doing.

Also, I hate it when I'm drawing and someone is standing over my shoulder and pointing out mistakes... becaus me being the perfectionist that I am, I have to go erase it and try to fix it and usually make it worse then just say to heck with it and throw it away.

And then there's always the people who have to make those comments...
"Ohh she's pretty!"
"That's a boy...."
"No it's not it's a girl!"
"GIRLS HAVE BOOBS!! AND IT'S MY CHRACTER, I THINK I SHOULD KNOW THE GENDER!"
"Don't get so mad!"
"Go away!"
Yep... that's about the highlight of my conversations with stupid people at school. ^^; It's either that or "Oh can you draw me!?" NO I do not have time and you wont sit still for an hour!

lol okay, well, not that that's out of the way.. ^^;

Sarasvati
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 AM

One thing that does annoy me is how everyone assumes that certain tools are the reason that artists can make the art they do. I do watercolours, and I have a brush with a water-loading barrel. The only things it does is save me the time of having to slosh water onto my brush and the nylon bristles hold a tip wonderfully. My classmates were convinced it was how I was able to colour the way I did. It's how you use the tools, not the tools themselves! XD;;

The rest of mine are pretty small, I just let a lot of things roll over because I'm used to it. The usual "Whoa, did you draw that?" comment does wears thin after awhile. (laughs)

Aeith
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2007, 04:39 AM

Hrm... I really hate it when people decide to lean on me or something when I'm trying to draw. Two of my friends would do that during class last year, so I'd be an Aeith-sandwich with shaky lines.

The "teach me how to draw~" line also sort of bothers me, since I'm not even good enough to help people xD; It sort of makes me feel bad that there's nothing that I can teach them.

Spatterdash
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-21-2007, 07:50 PM

- People looking over my shoulder when I'm drawing, and pestering me when I'm trying to work.
- My mother asking me why I don't do 'proper art' instead of drawing cartoons all the time. I'm well aware of the importance of observation drawing, anatomy, and composition, but dammit, there's nothing wrong with aiming for styles other than realism.
- Kids on the internet who think that there's only two ways of drawing: realistically, and manga-style. Gosh, it's like Europe and America never had a comic book or cartoon industry...
- Those days when stuff just won't come out right, no matter how hard I try. You just have to down tools and take a break, I suppose.

Candy Apple
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-22-2007, 11:16 PM

Oh my gosh, I HATE when people stand nearby and just stare when I'm trying to draw. It makes me so nervous that I can't focus on the art.

Even worse is when the person doesnt draw regularily but they think they have this "artists knowledge" where they can critiscize your unfinished work.

Because they totally know whats right and you, who have been drawing for *years* don't know anything.

It's called a WORK IN PROGRESS for a reason, people.