pompon-chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2007, 04:30 PM

anything, books, movies, people, photograph, clothes, animal, etc. There are so many things in this world that can inspire you.

Sirec
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Sirec Send a message via MSN to Sirec

Old 11-07-2007, 05:54 PM

My inspiration to draw is so that I can get good and draw stuff for people to make them happy =3
Oh no wait, that's motivation >.>;

Well, my inspiration would have to be all the art I see on this site, from the avatars to people's signatures.

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 11-08-2007, 08:15 PM

Sailor Moon! XD.
Anime has been the source of my drawings. I've always been interested in making characters rather than just sitting down drawing a realistic cat. Imagination is a huge part of living! ^_^.

delial
Maya

Old 11-08-2007, 08:33 PM

When I create, I pretty much channel whatever comes to mind, so I'm inspired by different things every time, really. ^-^

If I had to narrow it down though, emotions! I use my artwork as an outlet for anything I feel, be it joy, sadness, worry, anger, etc. I'm also inspired by my dreams, music, nature, books, movies, etc. Basically, life in general inspires me. xD

I suppose music is second only to emotions when it comes to inspiring me more often than anything else, considering every time I draw, I'm never without my headphones, and when I paint I like to play music over speakers while I do and see what I come up with. :]

Apado
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via Yahoo to Apado

Old 11-09-2007, 08:06 AM

Mine is boredom...

xD

It's true! I draw most of my art due to boredom... xD

Winggodess

Old 11-18-2007, 12:35 AM

I lisent to music. thats how i get inspire.

kimu
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to kimu Send a message via MSN to kimu

Old 11-19-2007, 08:26 AM

My inspiration is me wanting to reach people through stories that one could relate to, and feel good to, and think about :3 Something like that. Instead I do it through art though, so I can give a more visual sence of what I mean.

nayru_moon
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 AM

my art is usually inspired by many things but more 4 example like elements (my fav is earth water wind and the moon( the moon is not really a element XP))and sometimes ill draw angels(tis is very unlikely ill ever draw angel again... 2 2 sad.) and ill draw evil things like murders assasins with blood all over the place... yeah im sorta freaky/weird... but who isnt!
^_^-nayru_moon!

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-29-2007, 03:52 PM

Music. I cannot create art without music :3

Lately it's been mostly linkin park ^^

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-29-2007, 09:19 PM

There is lot of things that can inspire me >.< I started drawing because my imagination was creating lots of different story and characters, and after writing out their story, I needed visual support.
My fav artist artwork inspire me too. I like seeing their effort and the way the made them.

Anyway, my main inspiration is still my dreams.

aids
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to aids

Old 11-29-2007, 09:40 PM

Listening to the gorillaz is usually what does it for me. :| they need to make more music.

president wakame
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-17-2007, 01:26 AM

usually strange animals,like a giraffe,or a lemur,or maybe a rhino.
they inspire me to center drawings and characters around one object like the rhino's horn,ot the lemur's stripes,but you wouldn't be able to tell thats what inspired it most of the time,it's hard to think of animals other then cats though,because cats have been drilled into my head from my childhood...i loved cats.
also,food inpires me sometimes,and of coarse nature,and machinery.patterns and textures too,they help me think of clothes,then i just think of a character to put in the clothes...i go through phases of not getting any inspiration what so ever though,they last for months,and it sucks... :roll:

KNOX
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to KNOX

Old 12-18-2007, 01:40 AM

my greatest inspiration is other artists. seeing someone elses art makes me want to draw, but mostly to make something better. also music, music is the best form of art that inspires me.

also, my sudden impulses.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-18-2007, 06:11 AM

It can come from anything.

A quote, a line from a song... Usually its the song. xD

Renchan
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-18-2007, 09:11 PM

I somehow always get ideas when I'm asleep, or just between the notyetasleep, but really close-fase.
I also get ideas looking at other people's art. I'm not an artthief, don't get me wrong. They just make your own idea complete sometimes.

I can also only draw girls. ; ;

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-19-2007, 12:14 PM

My inspiration comes from a number of sources. I get inspired by the music I listen to(This also applies to writing.), by something I read that day, or it could even be something I saw or did. Or inspiration could even come from just simply wanting to draw a character in a certain outfit.

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-20-2007, 10:53 PM

Sometimes, like Javert, I get inspired by music that I listen to, I think of the feeling the music is giving off and then sometimes I think of a picture/pose to draw. Also, sometimes, when I see beautiful art, it makes me want to be better, or art with an interesting pose that's normally used, then I want to try a different pose that's not seen often. Also, sometimes it's how I'm feeling, and if I'm very angry at someone, I tend to draw someone that's dark and evil, and when I'm happy, I usually draw girls with pigtails ;D
And sometimes, I get inspired by interesting clothing, and I think, I never drew those kind of clothes before, I want to try! ;3

luiza993
Banned

Old 12-21-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raion Ronin
Everyone has something that inspires them, whether it be another artist, a friend, a pet, wildlife, ect.

What inspires you most to create your art? And in this instance the word "art" includes drawing, painting, photography, writing, acting, and anything else people consider art n___n

(sry if theres a thread like this already, I couldn't find one)
Discuss:
Inspiration
Fave things to draw?

Well my cat

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 12-22-2007, 02:21 PM

Usually either wildlife, or my emotions/desires. Usually, if I want to experience something badly, like a vacation or something, I'll either write or draw it. I love to feel like I can get something by drawing or writing it. Scenic views, especially mountains, oceans, and rainforests, really are my favorite.

I think that's why I'm really good at animals - they're part of the wildlife that isn't frequent in the city I live in. Plus I have pets, so I like to draw them as well. :3

Really, anything that can really go with my emotions...that works for me. When you get down to it, it's really all about "escape" for me. :(

A i
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-22-2007, 08:09 PM

well..basically.. other people's art/cartoonists..
i cant stand seeing how good they drew, so i always thought that i should try it myself ;P

Raining Skittles
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2007, 11:06 PM

My inspiration for drawing is my friends, music, or little things I see. My friends can draw really well, and it's nice to get critique from them so I can improve, and get better ^.^ Sometimes when I hear a song, I'll have a video go through my head, of people, not real people, but people that I imagine. Like for 'Such Great Heights' I keep imagining a girl with light brown hair, saying "Come down now" at the end of the song, and I've been trying to draw her, but failing xD
Emotions also are things I draw from, or animals. I saw a peacock once, and really wanted to draw one. Since I can't draw animals, I drew a person with peacock feathers. I havn't colored it yet, but he's supposed to have rainbow hair, and his clothes are bright blues, reds, and greens, and it really looks beautiful in my head.
Emotions also inspire me. I was feeling a bit down, and also had a large goal to complete (I still do). I kept imagining that when I completed that goal, I would 'earn my wings'(different story), so I kept drawing people with small angel wings, or large ones, and they always looked a bit sad.

Professor Lily
Building Funds for my Charity

Old 12-25-2007, 08:35 PM

Either something I see in a photograph or magazine, or something I see in real life.

Victory-3

Old 01-10-2008, 05:14 AM

comics inspires me to draw.

Xaevan
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-10-2008, 11:25 AM

Interestingly enough, my best inspirations comes from stress and pressure. '_____';

It's like, "GAH I have to study/finish my work/do research but I just CAN'T do it, I have to draw first cause I have this GREAT image in my mind! %^$^@#"

Well, at least, that often happens to me.
Another source of my inspiration is whenever I enter into a new fandom. If I like the series enough, and in fact, love the designs and story, I would somehow find myself attempting the characters (plenty or armour, men anatomy and design practice much thanks to the Musou series). Then, at times, inspiration to design and make characters would pop up, and hence more art. XD

Apart from that, whenever an art piece or something in manga that catches my eye, I will stop and stare for long moments and if it is a manga, I would stop reading at that point altogether to start darwing .lol

Jenn_heart
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Jenn_heart

Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM

most of my inspirations come from emotion. I like drawing whatever I'm feeling at the moment. I just hate drawing happy people, because NOBODY is that happy, right?