Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-05-2008, 11:23 PM

@ Fin Raziel: nnn~~ yea

thats what I would have said or even thats not what i'm looking for, sorry.

@ Compromised Evil: thankies

:3

Gossy
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-07-2008, 04:37 AM

Absolutely no taste? Some people may have different taste, it doesn't mean they have no taste. Why should she lead you on to thinking that she liked your art? She was honest and to the point. That is simple enough.

I think your art is pretty but not everyone will have the same opinion.

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-07-2008, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossy
Absolutely no taste? Some people may have different taste, it doesn't mean they have no taste. Why should she lead you on to thinking that she liked your art? She was honest and to the point. That is simple enough.

I think your art is pretty but not everyone will have the same opinion.
I agree with you. People don't have the same opinions and they shouldn't sugar-coat things but the thing is she did lead me on. She was leading me on when she was lying about paper being the problem, which it clearly was not. I don't mind so much as being rejected, but the way she did it was rude and uncalled for.

Nathaniel Mea
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-10-2008, 10:15 AM

It's funny, i've had people tell me that MANY times... but these weren't random people on a forum. It was publishers and such. Working in the business sort of makes you hardened to that sort of replies.

It IS rude, but one have to suck it up and move on, sad as it may sound.

crisscoula
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-10-2008, 01:35 PM

Art isnt about the paper you use, its how you draw it. But dont let rude comments like that get to you, every artist who is improving will go through it at some point. I had to before my art got decent, but it just makes you a stronger person for the future when you do get rejected. Next time, just offer free art to your friends im sure they would appreciate it more. Strangers tend to be not very appreciative of peoples efforts for them.

Hon
De-activated

Old 03-10-2008, 10:42 PM

Wow. That's defiantly not a mature way of rejecting someone. It's very rude, and she made her opinion not only confusing, but very mean at the same time.

Was this free art or was she going to commission you? o_o

L_Ryuuzaki
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-26-2008, 10:01 PM

I think your art's fine. Whomever said it wasn't is a bit silly. Everyone has their own pref. for materials and style, right? It's part of what makes you unique. It might not be her style but she should've been a little more respectful of others and not been such a jerk towards you. Sorry you went through that, Urusi.

Hopefully you don't ever go through that again though.

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-28-2008, 02:00 AM

Thanks to everyone who has posted

I appreciate your input

:3

nellor
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to nellor

Old 03-31-2008, 03:18 AM

(pokes through thread) Ah, a Gaian? Well that makes sense I guess, everyone there is as rude and can be and they don't even care. You have an amazing art style! Screw that chick! All she had to say was 'no thanks' but... apparently some folks today just don't know the meaning of manners. That's Gaia for ya...

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 AM

How rude! There is no excuse for that sort of rudeness, I personally think your art is beautiful. Don't be discouraged by this, some people think that they can say whatever they can on the internet because it's so anonymous. I hate when people act rudely and don't think about other people's emotions over the internet, words on a screen can hurt just as much as they can in person, they can sometimes hurt even more

Anyway, that was rude of her, but don't take it to heart, people are just stupid sometimes, and plenty of people here have said that they like your art :)

aeriise
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-21-2008, 04:15 AM

Dun worry, your art is beautiful!

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-21-2008, 06:28 AM

thanks for replying everyone

xD

Sonarius
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Sonarius

Old 04-22-2008, 04:01 AM

there are just people who like to be jerks, especially about art. I have a freind who does some of the most fantastic work you could ever believe, but people keep arguing with her to try and either get free or cheap work, arguing it's not worth the money or gold for whatever crap reasons theyve come up with.

It's all rather disparaging, that people like that do exhist, but the best that can be done is immediatly wash your hands of them. They would have either swindled you, changed thir mind a million times, or dissed your art further. They are just irritable unsatisfiable people that only have the digital balls to say such tings because of the internet.

Clean your hands of her and continue on.

xlightwingx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-23-2008, 04:22 PM

*laughs at the stupidity of some people*
if she doesn't want your awesome art, it's her loss.

what an idiot. seriously. >_>

your art rocks <3

gazerock!
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-29-2008, 03:35 AM

O_O i would feel really lucky to be offered art by you. if she didnt like your style shw probably could have said it in a more modest way. if i really dont like something i usually might insult it but no in front of the persons face