jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-05-2010, 02:59 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's BellyButton:

I love this! It's an awesome outfit with just that little bit of creepy thrown in to take it to the next level. The medieval wench look is great, especially with the tulip dress masquarading so well as an apron, the hair fits the look really well too, and I do like how the bow bands look with those wigs. The cheeky use of the cravat is great, too, looks just right and adds a spot of colour to break up the monochrome in that area. Just the same as the studded gloves add just enough interest to the arms without overloading the area.

The face is nicely done too, the white hair making the black accessories pop, and that third eye peeping through the hair being totally creepy, especially as you could think that the hair might have been styled that way to try and hide it.

Belly looks a bit like a nightmare alternative Alice, and I'm a little afraid of what she intends to do with that lolly! Still a fabulous outfit though, as long as you keep out of range! Well done Belly! =3

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2010, 06:38 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's bloodstainedwings:

Whole lot of fun things happening with this outfit! Fruity,zesty colours paired with dramatic black make for a very eye-catching look! The clever use of the silvery tones adds lift and breaks up the background space nicely!

And look! Great use made of an older store item! Hardly see anyone using those wrap skirts any more but the colour of this one works perfectly with this outfit. I especially like how the bit of pantaloon leg at the front looks like a creepy face with pointy ears D:

Another very nicely done head area, no item overload going on, just great use of colour and statement pieces. Inspsired use of the leafy wrap top I have to say! And the yellow sleeve puffs break the expanse of orange sleeve up just enough. The skull looks scarily hungry too, I don't even want to think what it might bite at that height :lol:

A great avatar, well done! :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-19-2010, 12:16 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's xKindred_Silencex:

I'll admit it, this is pretty scary! In an angel of death kind of way, but I kept on going back and looking at it xD Just as long as she's not planning on stealing my soul or anything :lol: Or selling my internal organs on the back market!

The face/head items are a delightfully creepy combination, those paired with the staff and those floating red bits which are supposed to be petals, well...who knows what those actually are here! Also the eyes...is she alive, or a robot or something D:
I'm probably going to have nightmares you know, after spending a fair amount of time looking at this avatar just before going to bed!

Congratulations on totally creeping me out!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Winged One:

Another suitably creepy one for the run up to Hallowe'en! I'm not sure what is going on here! I think they're from some ancient zombie tribe that has a ritual of sacrificing teddy bears, but it's an awesome look xD

I love how the headband goes so well with the mask and looks like it's there to hold it in, and the arm ribbons make good tribal decoration. The assassin skirt works excellently with this look too,all the pieces were well chosen to give a great overall look.

The hair looks spot on too, don't see this style used well that often, but I think it is perfect for this look. And notice how the grey skin and hair acts as the perfect foil for the items and really makes them pop?

This has to be one of the least dresses avies that I've even chosen, but the pieces work together to give a finished look, and there isn't an appearance of too much bare flesh because of the handheld pieces that break the look up.

Now I'm going to submit this and run because I don't like that way that avie is looking at me :lol:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-01-2010, 08:43 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Tijdon:

This is epic, I just about laughed myself into a hernia when I saw it, he looks like a total mouth-breather :lol: Is this why zombies eat brains? xD
So who can identify the "drool" then, hmm? Very clever bit of item usage there ;)

I also like how Fluffy is getting glared at by the eye ball xD And Belly pointed out how the skull belt seems to be having an idea :rofl: I just love when people can work humour into what is already a good theme, this outfit is going to amuse me for a very long time!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-08-2010, 11:30 PM

Here's your winner for next week, it's Nephila:

Do I need to explain this at all? I'm sure its epicness is self-explainatory :lol: This had me in hysterics the first time that I saw it, and now I'm sure that it's clear to everyone why Lise keeps her eyes covered up! xD I wonder who got her mad, maybe she needs some WD-40 :rofl:

Neat use of the two skirts to emulate the frill round the bottom of Lise's skirt, too. I seem to be going for avatars that make me laugh lately, don't I? But how can you resist such a great cosplay? I think this lookwill make me smile every time that I see it for ever more!

Congratulations Nephila!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Midian:

Wow, I mean just wow! I know it's not Hallowe'en any more but this is some scary sheet! I'd be running screaming in the opposite direction if I bumped into that in a wood on a dark night! This is all kinds of epic, and looks like a scene out of a really messed up horror film xD

Actually it reminds me of something that I need to get off my arse and sort out for you guys to do each week :ninja: But no more about that now!! This is just creepy and scary and awesometastic, I don't really have any more words here! Just feast your eyes on it! Then hope like hell that you don't have nightmares about it, something that's preying on my mind as I'm about to go to bed! :gonk:

Congratulations Midian!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-23-2010, 04:58 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Pa-pancake:

I like this, mainly because as I look at this I find it's hard to tell if the avatar has caused the disaster or is there to save things, nice and ambiguous!
Also, the fact that I watched Ghostbusters II on Sunday gives the avie's resemblance to Lady Liberty an interesting twist. As does the fact that it's dressed in a kimono, and a 100ft tall woman that rampaged through a city with a giant phoenix, destroying stuff, well that seems pretty typical Asian film fodder to me xD So lots of possibilities to imagine from this tableau!

I love the way the flames seem to be coming up through the cracks in the ground too, and if you consider the size of the trees behind the buildings then this could gain an even more surreal level. Maybe this is a city that's been in ruins for years and is slowly sinking into the earth while the trees encroach to reclaim the land. Maybe the place was abandoned because of fires burning constantly underground, causing the buildings to collapse. Places like that are scary, but they'd be a perfect playground for a phoenix!

All in all and interesting and thought-provoking avatar, well done Pa-pancake!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-29-2010, 02:05 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Kultura:

This is another look which greatly amused me, because what I see going on here is a kind of pedobear thing :lol:

"No no! I'm not a scary hairy demon with big claws that's going to eat you, I'm a little fluffy bunny, look, I even have the ears and everything!"

I've no idea what Kultie's vision for this outfit was, but that's what I see xD Though it could be a monster who just wants to be luffed, so they've pinked themselves up to try not to frighten people, or maybe they really are looking for a way to easily draw in a nice tender snack <.< >.>

Either way this made me laugh when I saw it, I'd be interested to know the actual inspiration though xD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-07-2010, 04:24 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Iroase Delschatten: (OMG Iro, had to remember how to spell your full name there :lol: )

Lot's of fun cosplays around right now, but I especially like this one,
possibly because the two facial expressions look like they're trying to out-psycho each other.
I also like how totally oblivious the cookie is to its impending doom xD
I'm not sure that I want to know who all that blood on the floor belonged to though. Unless, of course, big kitty has stabbed themself in the wing and not noticed :lol:

I honestly can't stop giggling over the big cat's expression, half way between malevolence and stupidity, it's great! They look like they're staring at something on their nose. Maybe it's a cookie crumb! ><

Great outfit, Iro!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-13-2010, 12:18 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Suona:

What a fantastically creepy avatar! What isn't there to love about it?
Some of my favourite bits are the Terminator eyes which work so very well against the white skull, the twisted double horns, and the metal teeth xD I also very much like the leg combination because the eyeballs really do seems to be growing out of the creature's strange metal flesh.

I'm really rather fond of how the cape looks with the skull too, as it seems to be gently cradling it, like a flower! But that little flip of red collar works very well in this instance. Another neat little effect is how the pants pin looks like the belt is bleeding.

Really though it's the expression that is the overall win factor for me here, I always like me some totally psychotic-looking avatars :lol:

Nice going, Suona!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Here's your winner for today, it's Seiki Nova:

Doesn't he look pretty? Like a walking dessert, but I notice that he's pretty well protected, it that to stop people from trying to take bited out of his outfit? Better watch you don't sent your teeth on that metal plate round his neck :lol: Unless that's there to provide a handy surface to eat from? <.< >.>

I love this colour combination though, as you guys should be learning, I love me a bit of contrast and this has plenty of that, the colours are very well balanced too, particularly the pink, which is good as it's the boldest of the shades. The bloomers peeking from beneath the skirt are a perfect way for the little additional touch of orchid, too, plus with the waffle cone skirt those could be some delicious flavoured whip cream!

Also...pleased to have an excellent example of how you can have a very pretty and well-matched avatar without feeling you have to also match the hair to the outfit! A natural hair colour is never going to look wrong with any outfit.

Nice going, Seiki!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-27-2010, 08:39 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's ljosberinn:

Pretty amazing look going on here! It certainly jumped right off the page at me from the midst of all the Christmas themed ones! This really looks like an underwater scene to me, the avatar looks like a creature that's living on the bottom of a dark and murky lake with loads of plant life growing about it.

I imagine it being one of those bodies of water that most definitely has a creepy tale told it, especially as the blue fireflies could well be strange phosphorescense that makes the lake glow at night...

On the other hand this could be a totally benign race of underwater gardeners, considering the placid facial expression I'm leaning towards that theory, rather than some beastie that's going to cocme and devour me in the night :lol:

Whatever the inspiration, this is a really imaginative avatar! Well done ljos :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-04-2011, 03:15 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's the_paper_crane:

It's the colours of this outfit that drew me to it, I do enjoy seeming brown shades combined with colour, maybe because maybe tend to gravitate towards black instead. And I suppose it could also be because I wear brown and aqua tones together myself in RL xD

I like how ambiguous the "story" for this one is too. She looks pretty chilled and mellow, but what's this! She's got a big stick and she's holding a skull :ninja:

This is pretty matchy-match for me, too! With the tree and the shades of the snow toning with the clothes, but I love the overall effect as it's very harmonious, and the dark blue of the sky is a perfect backdrop tp make the head items pop. Altogether are very nice look!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-11-2011, 12:23 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Insert_Witty_Username:

This is another one that made me giggle! It's partly makes me think of superheros, and partly of the outfits they dress the contestants up in for shows like The X Factor :lol: I can absolutely see someone strutting about on a stage in this outfit, belting out some 80s number by Witney Houston or something.

Can't shake off that cheesey superhero vibe either though! The totally impractical shoes only add to the outfit because it's just the kind of footwear that they put the females in for those kind of movies :lol: Can't you just see her deflecting bullets with those seemingly harmless fluffy wristwarmers? Her earrings are probably portable incendiary devices too, whip it out and fling it across the room and your pursuers and they're gone!

Of course if you roll these two possible roles into one you've got some kind of all-singing, all-dancing world-saving hero/entertainer, and that frankly boggles the mind xD
Maybe they save the planet from imminent destruction, rescue a cat from a tree, then perform a medley of Madonna's greatest hits? Who knows!

Regardless, it's a great fun avie, Witty! Congrats :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-18-2011, 01:50 PM

And here's your winner for this week, it's Kiako:

Another fun one! The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this was a mad scientist, because of the metal wings on the hat and the goggles, but then I looked at the clothes and thought they were too prettily dressed to be that, and then it came to me, Matilda! Because that is so a little girl who's been playing dress up and got into stuff that she shouldn't, and is now about to do something very naughty :lol: That facial expression totally says, "Haha! I got the book, finally!!"

Striking colour combo too! I always like it when people use brown in an interesting way and aren't afraid to step out of the box a little way when it comes to putting shades together that other's might not like.

I'm also mildly amused that the book looks like it's chewing on the ties of the little shawl :lol: I think a chewed shawl is going to be the least of her worries when this young lady's parents get home though :XD

Great outfit, Kiako!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-31-2011, 09:33 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Cardinal Biggles:

I don't think I really need to give any other reason for picking this one, other than the fact that they have an owl nesting on their head :lol: Bang on trend of course, as owls are absolutely everywhere right now with regard to both fashion and homewares, but hey, on Menewsha you can take things to a whole new level xD

I'm seeing Biggs as a bit of a female Dr. Doolittle here, you can't see it from this angle, but that deer has another head that's facing the other way, too :ninja: I'm not sure what's going on with the tree. Maybe the owl wants them to keep still and they've been standing like that for so long that they've started to take root :lol:

Either way, top marks for such a clever and amusing item combo, Cardinal!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-08-2011, 02:19 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Alaunt:

Loving this! Such very clever use of the spotlights! See how they look just like shafts of sunlight piercing through the forest canopy. And there she stands, a valiant warrior maiden in her woodland abode, ready to protect what is hers. Maybe that patch of sunlight is a spot where she goes to meditate. I know I'd like to go there, and sit in that lush plant growth brought on by the sun.

Despite the fact that she's armed, I get a very tranquil vibe from this, maybe it's from those curling fronds that are reaching up towards the light, but who knows what's lurking in the distance behind those trees :ninja:

Great avatar though, Alaunt! It certainly got my imagination working!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Fauxreal:

Another that got me in the funny bone as soon as I saw it! My sister was a massive Turtles fan when it was shown in the UK so I recognised ol' Leo straight away, just a shame that we don't have a pizza item to complete this look :lol:

I like the clever use of the cloak to represent his shell. But what I love is when we release items which clearly spark a lightbulb moment for someone and allow them to put together a great cosplay, because I love having that YES! moment myself, and being able to create something that other people instantly recognise always gives you a kick.

So cowabunga to Fauxreal for this great avatar :XD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-28-2011, 03:51 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Vix Viral:

This is very cool, yes? The outfit makes me think of films like Blade and Matrix, and then we have an interesting zombie/demon twist for added flavour! I really love the item choices, nothing over the top or over done, so the complete look works perfectly. Excellent use of the coat though, to give that gauntlet gloves impression, especially as the sleeve decoration looks like studs when paired with the studded belt.

I'm amused by the red hair too, because of the use of the devil tail with its little fluff of red to add some balance. I do like seeing people use this hair to good effect though, I always think it looks great when paired with horns because of the clean drama of the look, the ear cuff is a great addition, too!

Overall a super avatar! But I'll admit that I'd probably head swiftly in the opposite direction if I saw them coming down the street towards me! :ninja:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 AM

Ok, here's your winner for this week, it's Iroase Delschatten:

An excellent portrayal of the big hunk o' love! Iro's channelling The King with aplomb here! But just what is the implication with the UFO! Are they trying to say that Elvis was an alien?! Maybe we should get onto The National Equirer right now! A headline of ELVIS SPOTTED ON MENEWSHA.COM might be just the kind of advertising that we absolutely do not need! :lol:

Great item usage to recreate his famous white jumpsuit look though, inspired use of the pin-up pants! The lei of course is very characteristic of him also, from all his army films set in the tropics. The cow, well...:lol: The man liked his burgers xD

Good to see that hair style being put to good use, too! It never really occured to me that it would be a good quiff-type style, I was thinking more vampire films, I'll be honest. So I'm glad Iro's imagination saw further than mine did :)
Top marks for a great cosplay!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-15-2011, 05:46 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Sizzla:

How's this for an avatar to banish the winter blues! This one kicks then out of the door in no uncertain terms! Beautifully achieved rainbow theme here, because it's something that really isn't easy to pull off, it can oh so easily end up being a big hot mess. Note that Sizz went for a neutral backdrop to not detract from the avatar, and white hair and clothes for a blank canvas, both to give seperation and definition to the raindow items.

Colours have been balanced nicely, too. Both the purple and red accent shades have been used cleverly, with no overload. The blue tones of the organza and the tights are balanced by the blue top in the centre. Same goes for the yellow, that little bit sround the neckline brings together the other yellow areas perfectly.

Sizz is a master at this, guys. Time after time she creates great outfits because she knows what looks good, but not only that, she knows when to stop, and she dresses just for herself. Learn from her ;)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2011, 01:46 AM

Here's your winner or this week, it's Woodlandnymph:

Gonna mess with this Norsk maiden? No?? Didn't think so :lol:
I love this, a very simple outfit, but it gets its meaning across with aplomb, doesn't it? There's no mistaking what's being depicted here.

I wonder if that skull belonged to an opponent, or maybe a previous husband xD I imagine Valkyries were man-eaters :ninja: The facial expression combined with the blood smear is just great, she's totally all,"come on then, who's next!"

I like how the Frankenstein items are being put to a totally different kind of use here, too. To give a nice genuine look for a woman who probably wove her own cloth and made her own clothes,during her breaks from slaying foes of course! We all need some down time...

So yeah, great depiction!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-30-2011, 03:48 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Darkbryd:

This is one that told me an immediate story the second that I saw it. A ruined city, and somewhat angry-looking female in a superhero type costume, a green costume, and plants sprouting around her...Images of Poison Ivy in anyone else's head? Considering the red hair and the hearts as well as the plants, I'm hoping I've hit the nail on the head here.

Fun look though, even if I've got it entirely wrong! I love how the belt and bustier look together! Very sexy!

Now I'm waiting to be told if I was right about the character guess or not :ninja: If I was, I'm getting out the way of the toxic gas, sharpish! :gonk:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-05-2011, 12:36 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Suona:

This made me laugh outloud as soon as I saw it, and will possibly have me avoiding cute, fluffy, innocent-looking bunnies for some time! D: I'm undecided as to whether the one on the head is real, or whether it's a mind-control device being run by the one looking out of the burrow,either way, it's scary xD I'm not going near carrots for a while :ninja: