Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 05:31 PM

I keep telling her that some day she'll like sleeping. >>

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 11:01 PM

Well i was up late haha. It was like after midnight where i am.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 11:04 PM

I forget there's a huge difference. In my head I think 12 hours, but it's more.

Man, the Exchange is sooo slow. x_x

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 05-19-2014, 12:58 AM

Menewsha in general has been wicked slow lately. Man I am super grumpy and it's all from this stupid class with its stupid homework.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-19-2014, 02:12 AM

Hang in there! :(

steelmagghia

Old 05-19-2014, 02:13 AM

Thanks sweety.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-19-2014, 02:15 AM

I should be in bed, but... don't wanna. Terra didn't want to go down easily at bedtime, so I ended up taking longer to get the dishes done and the guinea pigs' cage cleaned out. Bah. But, it's done.

I don't feel well, and didn't this morning either. I ended up with a wicked migraine, so I went back to bed after Cole got up. Downed Advil, had coffee (in case it was caffeine related), food... blahdeblah. It went away for a few hours and now I feel like crap again. ;-;

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 05-20-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
I forget there's a huge difference. In my head I think 12 hours, but it's more.

Man, the Exchange is sooo slow. x_x

Yeah, stupid time zones lol.

OMG YES! Seriously i was selling CIs cheaper in the exchange then in the MP and nobody asked for one. They bought them all in the MP.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-20-2014, 02:18 AM

It makes me sad. :<

steelmagghia

Old 05-20-2014, 02:44 AM

It takes more patience to shop the exchange threads. I do for all of my CIs, though. :)

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-20-2014, 02:27 PM

I think I'll be doing another big CI sale again... just gotta get something organized. (:

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 05-21-2014, 01:27 AM

I'm a hermit too...and I lurk.

I go through phases, too, where I just don't have much interest in Menewsha. Lately I haven't had any desire to keep up with the items, but I still get curious what's going down in the couple threads I visit. With work and Pam living here though there hasn't been a whole lot of free time..not to mention I spend way too much time in the bedroom as it stands. I think that's the big motivational killer is I just want to get away from my desk, and computer...for a bit.

I can't kick the habit completely, though. :O

School is out for summer in a month's time. Ehhh that time of year....Sounds like they may be spending a month to 6 weeks with their mom then come to us for that period...maybe just have them for the weekend every other weekend in the interim if the ex will allow it. Pam is coming back to our house for Sophomore year too, which is cool. She worked things out with her mom about being in the JV band next year, which is good...we'll see how well things work out though with the hectic band schedule.

Thursday morning we go to awards ceremony for Pam as she's kept consistent with honor roll all year. I don't think she knows about it, but at the same time I accidentally left the notice letter on my desk and she may oversaw it. We'll see come Thursday...Aaron and I are planning on going.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-21-2014, 11:32 PM

I am going to attempt to be more proactive in searching out site art. I honestly have no desire to keep collecting items anymore. I'm months behind on CIs and most EIs. I'm sure I'll get caught up eventually but bah.

I can definitely see the want and need to get away from the computer when you work on it. It gets monotonous after a while!

Congrats to Pam! <3

steelmagghia

Old 05-22-2014, 12:42 AM

I am tired and sore and I'm so done with girls beating the crap out of each other for stupid stuff.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-22-2014, 12:46 AM

What are they doing? o.o

steelmagghia

Old 05-22-2014, 12:55 AM

Literally, they're getting into verbal fights about god knows what and then escalating to literally punching each other and pulling hair. Another teacher and I had to separate girls from a THIRD teacher's class because that teacher didn't want to get hurt. Then we had to restrain three girls (one of them had been separated when it was just a verbal fight) while we waited for the administrators and police to get there.

And I had already prevented a fight in my own class first period. Between a pregnant girl and a guy twice her side. And the pregnant girl was the instigator.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-22-2014, 01:09 AM

... *facepalm* What is wrong with the world??

steelmagghia

Old 05-22-2014, 01:13 AM

People are dumb and everything is dramatic. I have no idea what happens in these kids' minds that makes them completely ignore all reason. Though I do suspect that it stems from a lack of proper conflict resolution at home.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 05-22-2014, 01:18 AM

Wow...Yeah I dunno about that, Steel. I keep on telling myself that I wouldn't know how to deal with other people's kids if I were professionally employed to teach or child mind, just because of the lack of discipline and manners the youth today seem to have... /end old person rant

OK in all seriousness all I do all day is to be professional and deal with unruly adults at time...Not quite the same, but there are times where I wish I could speak my mind.

steelmagghia

Old 05-22-2014, 01:24 AM

The biggest problem I have is that one little mistake with kids and the whole world will turn on you in an instant. Like that teacher who broke up the fight with a broom. I get it. I was only able to break up today's fight because I was much bigger than both girls. Otherwise I would have had to find a tool to do it or watch them try to kill each other until help arrived (which took long enough this time around that one of the girls would have been SERIOUSLY hurt...there was already blood drawn). But because it was caught on camera and no one outside of the situation has any clue what that's like, the teacher lost her job.
I worry about that CONSTANTLY.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 05-22-2014, 01:27 AM

Dude...That's really sad. :/ I think they really do put a ton of pressure on you as a teacher and it's really unfair...I mean more than most jobs. I could understand the broom too...I mean if you really are fearful of getting hurt. I mean parents expect you to break them up as I'm sure you'd get fired if you let them beat each other to a pulp...

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-22-2014, 01:28 AM

I think the rule of thumb is to keep yourself protected, and call for reinforcements (or follow whatever the agency/establishment you work for dictates in training--if something doesn't exist, a meeting is needed ASAP). I think it's a little different for me because I have had to do MANDT training before, and will have to again, mostly for self defense.

Ultimately, cover your own ass at ALL costs, because people WILL turn on you. I would give verbal warnings while going for reinforcements, and if there is bloodshed, let it. That probably sounds callous, but I am more worried about what you might have to lose otherwise.

Stuff like this is why I DON'T want to work with kids. I love working with adults who are often away from home (or legally able to get away from home). I'm willing to do the job I signed up for, but ultimately I want adult services. It's going to be difficult to not go into a home and think, "WTF ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR CHILD(REN)?"

I can, however, be supportive in helping parents make the changes. Group work (families included) is quite different from individual, but I look forward to the challenge.

---------- Post added 05-21-2014 at 09:29 PM ----------

I can't emphasize more though--get info on what the policies are that employees are supposed to follow. Cover your butt that way. If none exist, find out why. Let them beat each other to a pulp, so long as you're protected, because fixing something that severe isn't a burden that's fair for you to carry. It's not fair at all.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-25-2014, 04:52 PM

I need to do some type of overhaul on my exchange thread... x_X Any time I attempt to I just lose all motivation. Ugh.

steelmagghia

Old 05-25-2014, 07:33 PM

Yeah. It's crazy. And they give next to no training for substitutes. I mean, they tell you how you're supposed to dress and that you have to show up fifteen minutes early, but that's pretty much it. Then they give you a handbook (which is completely unhelpful) and shove you into work! I only felt comfortable breaking up this fight because another teacher had already started trying and a third teacher was there to witness it.