Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2018, 10:18 PM

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
The rain is heavy tonight. Like thick curtains in a dark theater. You pull your collar up against the soaking wind and cross the street. It's nights like these you wish you were at your desk *dippin the bill ‘n gettin jammed
*Drinking till yer happy
There's the Malt Shop glowing through the the splatters. The door is ajar. You slip inside without having to open it and head for a booth in the back. It's mostly empty this time of night. Just a few patrons quietly sipping their malts. A moment later, the reason yer here walks through the door 'n it still doesn't close all the way. Hazel and Chen spot you and make their way to your booth. Sliding onto the seat, you notice Hazel doing *figure eights while Chen tries to hide some busted knuckles on his left hand. Interesting.
*Nervous, worked up
" 'Fore you get yammering, my price is $500." You say.

They look at each other. It's a lot. But you can see the desperation in their eyes and you got bills to pay.

"Fine. I’ll get you yer dough," Chen starts.

“I don’t want no hay got it?” I say incase he’s thinking of pulling one over on me.

“I ain’t handing out Bogus bills! Now here’s the rub… Me ‘n Hazel…” Chen continues but he's interrupted by the staccato shot of a gun. A dame screams. There’s the thud of a body hitting the floor.

You get up quick to see what the jam is. On the ground in front of the bar lies a body. You *lamp quick around the room but no one’s packing heat. Kneeling down, you see the slug hit this mister square in the back. Rolling over the body you discover it’s none other than Carn. Interesting. Who’d want him dead of all people?
*Look
You get up just as Police Sgt. Carl bursts through The Malt Shop’s door, *heater at the ready. "I heard a shot!" He exclaims, "Is everyone…?" He starts askin but quits yammerin when he sees Carn’s body on the ground. “Alright… Which one of yous done it?”
*Gun
You get back on your feet. “I don’t got an idea Sarg… Yet.” You eye each of the Malt Shop patrons in turn. Old Jiro the bartender. Yer clients Chen and Hazel. Anita, Whistling Pete, Suzu, Bia & Jiang... "But I’m gonna find out..."

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:

Game Play:
Carn has been killed!! But.. Whodunit??
Gameplay is simple! It's your job to read the story! There are important details hidden in the fine print! Your job is to guess the correct clue everyday in a set of 4 clues that appear in the next post under "Today's Choices". 2 of the 4 are correct clues! Everyday a new portion of the story will be posted. Furthermore, Everyday when the new set of clues is posted, I will make a post in a random thread contained in the Valentines Day 2018 Event Forum! that post will contain the image of a malt with a particular flavor. That flavor will correspond to one of the 4 clues for that day. It's a guaranteed win! But when I post the clue is also random!

"So... Wait a second here Carn... What if I've already guessed and then I find your clue??" That's ok. Make a new guess. You are allowed to change your guess exactly once during the day for a grand total of 2 guesses (only one is valid)! When I tally the days results I will always take the second guess you make. That's pretty easy right? Read, guess, search for clues, and solve the murder mystery!

There will be 5 days of guessing. On the 6th day... That's it. You will have all that you need to solve the case of the Murdered Carn! At that time there will be a final form for you to fill out!
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PM ME YOUR FINAL FORM!
"This isn't even my final form"
While It is not against the rules to converse with other players about the case, I would like your final accusation to be unique unto its giver! All you will have to do is fill out a brief sentence or paragraph describing how you think Carn (I... ) was killed!

Characters:
Carn
Carn is a regular Patron of The Malt Shop. He Works at the City Hall. No one knows a lot about his past but it’s clear he’s made some shady deals.

Old Jiro The Bartender
Old Jiro, lives above the Dinner. He keeps himself to himself an' doesn’ tolerate no one making a cut up in his Shop. He knows your usual.

Hazel &Chen
New in town. It’s clear to you as your clients that their previous troubles have followed them. That’s why they hired you after all.

Bai & Jiang
Bai & Jiang work together at their custom rice paper shop. They’ve known each other since kids an’ got hitched straight outta school. They supply stationery to the City Hall. Well respected in town for stocking the best paper goods.

“Whistling” Pete
Local Mailman. Does his job and does it well. Takes his oath seriously. Always delivers your mail.

Suzu
Owns the local record store, frequents The Malt Shop. You've seen her here and there.

Anita
Owns a Jewelry Shop. You don't know much about her. Potential stalker. No one has proof.

Sgt Carl
Keeper of the Peace. You’ve known Carl for a long time an' sometimes grab a drink at the local bar with him. Often gets into trouble when it comes to pretty dames in a tight spot.

Rules Are Simple:
  • Follow Mene TOS!
  • Only staff approved Charity Mules allowed!
  • Guess a maximum of 2 times! (Your second guess is the only one that will be counted if you do)
  • Be nice to your fellow menewshans and have fun!
  • I reserve the right to change these rules at anytime!

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Quote:
Clue Guesses:

That's it for the clues!!

Now it's all up to you! Go forth and... oh wait.. no... *reads my instructions* Oh so here's how it goes now... You have all of Thursday to ask me two, Count Em, TWO! questions about some detail in the story. TO WHICH! I will PM you my answer as I am available throughout the day Thursday. Just to be clear... I don't want to see any "I'm gonna solve it!" just yet... I wanna hear something like... "Is it important how quickly Jiro can run from back of the store to the bar??" Or maybe even "Did Anita carry a gun??"

So lay your questions on me! I will answer with either a "Yes", a "No", or a "Irrelevant"! All you have to do is ask your questions in the thread and ping me to your post! I will answer the questions in chronological order.

Use this form to submit your final guess of who killed Carn!
HTML Code:
[B][U][color="#b81322"][SIZE="5"]Murder at the Malt Shop![/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/B]
[B][U][color="#b81322"][SIZE="3"]Who Killed Carn?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/B] (Your answer here)
[B][U][color="#b81322"][SIZE="3"]The BIG question... How and WHY was Carn Killed?:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/B] (a brief description here about how and why you think Carn was killed)

Prizes will be handed out daily for each set of Clue Guesses! You'll have to wait and see what prize you get though! To everyone that posts a forum every day, you will get your choice of a Valentines Day 2018 EI! The people that manage to get all correct clue guesses will get a bonus prize of 1000g at the end of the game! The people that get the most incorrect clue guesses need some love too though. You'll all get a consolation prize of 500g (you must post a forum everyday to be eligible for this prize)

Were you the closest to guessing the murderer?? Well congratulations! You are a super sleuth! For your prize (AKA 1st palce) You will receive a set of February CIs of your choice!
the next two people that get the closest to guessing the murderer and how it was done (AKA Second and Third Prize) will get a February CI of their choice and a February EI of their choice respectively.

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 02-28-2018 at 07:00 PM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Quote:
Daily Results:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car'a'Carn View Post
Clue Guesses:
Day 4:
Day 5:
  • Vanilla: Carn was stealing money from the City Hall Incorrect
    *Hime*-1
    Xo~GREMLIN~oX-1
    xoxoAngiexoxo-1
    Actually.. He might have. Carn seems like a pretty shady fellow. (You get: 200g)
  • Grape: A ring was found in Carn's pocket. A fancy one too.Correct
    HIM_ROCK-2
    hummy-2
    Kiari-2
    Linnea-2
    Woodlandnymph-2
    A ring! Hmm.. I wonder who that was for... (You win: 350g)
  • Macha: Hazel paid Jiro to "lose" his gun...Incorrect
    Kay-3
    Miscreant74-3
    SuperZombiePotatoe-3
    Velvet-3
    wish-3
    Xogizmoox-3
    This whole business with Jiro's gun has me stumped! (You get: 100g)
  • RootBeer: On the night Anita met with Carn, Anita saw Suzu too, being pulled out of the street by a police officer.Correct
    Ava The Vampire-4
    Dystopia-4
    GummyBearKisses-4
    Hadsvich-4
    Kent-4
    Naisou-4
    star2000shadow-4
    woohoohelloppl-4
    Suzu is such a stalker. (You get: Stalking Moon Mask)

Yer about t’ question Suzu further when Sgt. Carl steps in an’ starts yellin at Anita.

“And you were seein Carn behind Suzu’s back weren’t yous?” The Sarg pointed a finger accusingly at Anita.

“No it wasn’t like that!” Anita protested.

“Get off it lady.... You were seen on a date with Carn AND… I saw yous two today in the ally behind the cleaners! Gonna buy something fancy for yourself with all that dough he handed you?”

“It was for a ring!” Anita shouted, “Carn bought a ring from me a-an I was jus’ delverin it to him!”

“I’m takin you down to the station!” Sarg advanced on Anita but you grab him by the arm, swingin around. “Hang on Sarg, we ain’t done here yet.” You say. A question strikes you, “What were yous doing down here by the malt shop anyway Sarg?” You ask lookin Sarg in the eye.

Sarge looked surprised, “I-I was following them, see? Carn and Anita. They coulda been heading some place to meet up with some big cheese of a crime ring see?”

You just nod. Makes enough sense you suppose. You think Sgt. Carl was seein shadows where there were none but he often did.

You bend down and examine Carn’s body. Rootin around in his pockets, you pull out a sparkling gem nestled on a golden ring. Pretty. Expensive too by the looks of it.

You turn to Anita and hold up the ring. “This the ring?”

“Yeah… That’s the one” Anita confirms it.

You turn to Suzu, “Know anything about this?”

Suzu barely glances at it, “Why should I know? Or care? Carn an me haven’t exactly been together as of late.” Suzu reples, sulking in her booth, “Why don’t you ask Carn’s twist over there?”

“Come to think of it…” Jiro butts in, “I haven’t seen Carn in the shop for nearly a week. I was starting to suspect that something had happened to him.”

“Huh…” You toss the ring on the counter and watch it skitter to a halt.

“Who was the ring for Anita?” You ask without looking. It’s late. Yer bushed and this game is gettin old.

“I don’t know. He said it was fer his honey, that’s all I know about it!” She rushes through, “That night I was at the diner with Carn… He was givin me all the specifics about the ring! That’s what I was tryin to say earlier! It wasn’t what it looked like! If Miss nosy over there had bothered to stay and watch, she woulda seen that’s all it was!”

“Miss who?” You ask, not followin where Anita was takin ya.

“Suzu! I saw her there that night. She was gettin pulled outta the street by a police officer. Probably arresting her...”

“There wasn’t no arrest that night! Suzu fell in the street, almost got run over, that’s all.” Sgt. Carl butts in, “at least that’s what the report says.”

Interesting…You look around the room at all the potential suspects. Whistlin’ Pete is passed out in his booth. Bia and Jiang, Hazel and Chen, Jiro, Anita, Suzu, Sarg… Most of em hav motive. Some of em it’s nearly laughable to think they done it. Time to get the facts sorted out, crack this nut and go home.
Daily Clues Review:
  • Day 1 - Carn was seeing someone but it’s not all it seems to be.
  • Day 1 - Carn Owed Bai and Jiang money.
  • Day 2 - Jiro’s gun is missing.
  • Day 2 - Chen and Carn got in a fight.
  • Day 3 - According to Pete, Carn was getting a lot of mail from Suzu and Bai.
  • Day 3 - Suzu and Carn were dating.
  • Day 4 - Carn and Anita were seen making a transaction down an alleyway.
  • Day 4 - Today was the first day in nearly a week that Carn showed up at the Malt Shop.
  • Day 5 - A ring was found in Carn's pocket. A fancy one too.
  • Day 5 - On the night Anita met with Carn, Anita saw Suzu too, being pulled out of the street by a police officer.

That's it for the clues!!

Now it's all up to you! Go forth and... oh wait.. no... *reads my instructions* Oh so here's how it goes now... You have all of Thursday to ask me two, Count Em, TWO! questions about some detail in the story. TO WHICH! I will PM you my answer as I am available throughout the day Thursday. Just to be clear... I don't want to see any "I'm gonna solve it!" just yet... I wanna hear something like... "Is it important how quickly Jiro can run from back of the store to the bar??" Or maybe even "Did Anita carry a gun??"

So lay your questions on me! I will answer with either a "Yes", a "No", or a "Irrelevant"! All you have to do is ask your questions in the thread and ping me to your post! I will answer the questions in chronological order.

Please allow up to 12 hours to receive your prizes!

Day 3 ResultsX

Quote:
Clue Guesses:
Day 3:
[

Yer still sippin on yer malt when Whistlin’ Pete slides onto the stool next to you. You eyeball’m sideways wonderin what he’s got to say.

He just orders a fresh malt and starts nibblin. How macabre is this? A room full o’ people sippin malts with a dead body between the lot of ‘em.

Pete leans your way. Smells like he’s been sippin more than malts.

“I have some… information…” He whispers, just about knocking you out with his breath. You could get drunk just from the smell of it.

“Alright Pete… Whatya got?” You ask.

He leans in closer. You try an’ lean back but yer runnin out of stool to sit on.

“Letters. It’s all in the letters.” Pete lets out a wry laugh. You’ve always thought pete was a bit off but now yer sure of it.

“Dontcha see?? Bai and Suzu… They’ve both been sending letters to carn. Whole bags of ‘em… (hic!)... Don’t know what’s in ‘em. It’s against my oath as a mailman t’look… But I’ve ben deliverin mail to Carn from those two for nearly 2 weeks now…” Pete stops and takes a big pull on his malt.

“Ya see Private Eye? Ya see? It’s all so... “ Pete trails off ands stumbles off back to his booth. Yer left with a cloud of gin and maybe a more answers then when you sat down. Letters…

“What’s all these letters about Bai?” You turn and stare sharp at Bai.

“That leach Carn was gonna pay up one way or another. I was just givin ‘em a daily reminder of what he owed us. Nothin wrong with that is there?” She finished, leaning back in her booth with a fierce look in her eye.

Fair ‘nough. That just left Suzu. “And you?” You ask rounding on the next loose thread in murder mess.

Suzu shoots a glare at Whistlin’ Pete before turning to you, “I had business with Carn. Nothin more.”

Old Jiro coughs suddenly an’ you give him a questioning glance. With his back to Suzu he gives a jerk of his thumb followed by a wink.

I shoulda seen it sooner. “How long were you and Carn going together Suzu?” You can see her back stiffen as she turns towards to you.

“We’ve been going together for a while now. Is that what you want t’hear? Yeah I was mailing him. An’ I had every right to!” She finished the last in a yell and huffs back in to her seat.

Interesting. If Suzu and Carn were going together, what was all that earlier ‘bout Carn going with Anita? Things weren’t addin up… You eyeball Anita, fishing for an answer...

Day 4 Clue Guesses are up!

Day 2 ResultsX

Quote:
Clue Guesses:
Day Two:

You finish off your malt. Everyone’s sittin all nervous like. Looking down you notice Carn has a fresh shiner under his left eye. Then you remember. Chen’s knuckles.

“What happened to your knuckles?” You ask Chen without turning to look at him. You can just about hear him jump.

“I-I-I don’t know what yer talkn’ about” Chen stammers. Clear sign o’ guilt in your book.

“Don’t beat around the bush with me Chen!” You shout, rounding on him.

“A-alright alright! I got into a fight!” He says throwing his hands up defensively.

“With who Chen? I need names!” Chen’s startin to sweat now. You can see the drops rolling down his temple.

“It… It was with Carn” Chen replies quietly after a long moment

“Guess that explains Carn’s shiner don’t it? Maybe you didn’t like how he was around your girl? Maybe he owed you money too? Maybe YOU killed him!” You throw an accusing finger pointing straight at Chen.

“No it’s not that! I didn’t do it! Carn said he had a deal for Hazel and me! That i-i-it’d make us rich! Well.. the deal went south and now we’re in trouble. Carn? Naw… HE slicked right out o’ it. I just hung one on his jaw to show my appreciation.” Chen looked straight at you. Not a drop of remorse.

You turn tail and walk back to the body. Chen couldn’t have done it himself. He was right in front o’ you when Carn got pinked. But he coulda hired someone…

“Look what we have here!” Sgt. Carl announced, stooping to grab something up off the floor. He returned with a .38. A quick sniff to the barrel and, “Been fired recently too!” Sarg said excitedly.

“Sarg, yer layin yer fingers all over potential evidence!” You shout exasperated. Not the first time Sarg’s mucked up fresh fingermarks. Sage flushes and quickly wraps a kerchief around the rod.

“That… That’s my .38” Jiro says, “It’s been missing nearly a week!”

“Where were you when Carn was shot Jiro?” You ask pointedly. “Cause I saw yous. Ya came running though from the back o’ the store!” You can’t imagine Old Jiro throwing lead but you have to ask.

“I was getting a fresh bottle of seltzer! I-it wasn’t me! I don’t even keep it loaded! Why would I kill one of my best patrons?”

“Alright alright! Calm down Ji!” It doesn’t add up anyways. Ji’s got no real reason to kill Carn.

More questions… Even fewer answer... You order up another malt and start sippin.

Day 3 Clue Guesses are up!

Day 1 ResultsX

Quote:
Clue Guesses:
Day One:

“Listen up!” You shout. “Who knows anything about this here situation!” Not a peep outta anyone.

Sgt. Carl points at Bai and Jiang, “You two!” He shouts, “I overheard you the other day saying that Carn owes you a couple o’ C-notes! Maybe yous two popped Carn!”

Jiang raised his hands defensively, “Don’t go jumpin’ to conclusions there! Yeah Carn owed us money. We delivered custom stationery to his office weeks ago and we’re still waitin’ for our yard!” Jiang exclaimed.
*$100
“It don’t mean we murdered him... You can’t collect debts from dead men can you?” Bai added sarcastically.

Made sense. Bai and Jiang were well known in town for their paper goods and well respected too. Savvy business people. But you can only push someone so far...

“Hmm…” You wander over to the counter. “Gimmie a cold one Ji.” You ask, slapin some silvers down on the counter. “The usual." You shiver at the draft comin' from the stuck open door. Turning your attention back to Old Jiro you ask, "You notice anything different ‘round here?”

“Not really. Well... Carn hasn’t been coming by the shop as much lately He and...” Old Jiro was interrupted by Suzu. “He was seeing someone! Not a week ago in the dinner on 5th. I saw Carn with Anita! And they was arguing!”

“That’s not true!” Anita shouted, “We didn’t have no fight!”

“That’s enough outta the both o’ ya!” The Sgt. shouted shutin’ up the two dames.

“Settle down Sarg… That’s no way to talk ta ladies.” You say, sipping on your malt.

Things were starting to heat up. Still too many questions and not enough answers. You stir yer malt with a spoon ‘n try ‘n make sense of the facts…

Day 2 Clue Guesses are up!

---------- Post added 02-16-2018 at 02:27 PM ----------

*Hime*:
Ava The Vampire:
Damia Flagg:
Divacita:
Dystopia:
Emma Corrin:
ghostPastry:
GummyBearKisses:
Hadsvich:
HIM_ROCK:
hummy:
Kay:
Kent:
Kiari:
Linnea:
Mimmu:
Miscreant74:
monstahh`:
Naisou:
Nephila:
Rochiel Silverfire:
salvete:
star2000shadow:
Suona:
SuperZombiePotatoe:
Velvet:
wish:
Woodlandnymph:
woohoohelloppl:
Xo~GREMLIN~oX:
Xogizmoox:
xoxoAngiexoxo:

Some of you have already submitted a guess, some of you have only asked questions. This thread is to finish off the game! If anyone has not asked questions yet, I will accept questions until tonight if you haven't asked already. 2 questions I will answer with Yes, No, Irrelevant.

For those of you that have not sent in guesses, I have family coming for a big get together tomorrow! SO that means for you that you have untl 11:59PM on Feb 17th 2018 to submit your guess for who murdered carn! Remember to PM ME YOUR GUESS!

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 03-12-2018 at 12:19 AM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2018, 10:21 PM

The Resolution

"So let me get this straight..." You start, swigging back the last of yer malt. "Anita... You an Carn were together about a week ago at the diner... but it was all business... And you Bai and Jiang. Carn owed yous two dough."

"That's right!" Jiang piped up before Bai elbowed him in the ribs.”Idiot…” She whispered under her breath.

You look sided ways at Jiang before continuing on. "And Jiro. Your gun went missin just about a week ago." You stroke your chin with your thumb and forefinger letting the facts simmer in yer pan

"Then there's Hazel and Chen..." You turn to scrutinize both of 'em. "Yous two got in a bad deal with Carn recently but you got stuck with the trouble…” You start scratching your head. Tossing yer hat on the counter, you start mumbling to no one in particular.

"Lots of mail from Suzu and Bai... Anita the back ally sale... Carns been avoiding the maltshop" Everyone is fidgeting around you, actin all nervous like. Yer quite for a few minutes as the facts sort themselves out in yer mind.

"I still say Anita done it!" Sgt. Carl starts after the Jeweler again but you stop him in his tracks.

"Carl! Yer breakin my concentration!" You shout grabbing the gun Carl found out of his hand. Funny that he found that first. And that he forgot to use a cloth...

You turn and go do the door still standing open, letting in the chilled rainy air. "Jiro... How long's this door been stuck open?" You ask him.

"Was like that this morning when I came back out from the back to stock the spoons and napkins…” You grunt, inspecting the door a little closer. That’s when you see it. Everything’s clicked into place. The girl... The ring... The gun... The door... It all makes sense now.

"Carn stopped seeing you a couple weeks ago didn't he Suzu? That's what all the letters were about weren't they?" You ask rounding on her quick.

"Yeah so what? An he was cheatin on me for who knows how long before that..." She mumbles.

"And then you saw him with Anita didn't you?" You press, "And then you got arrested in the street!" you shout.

"I told ya Suzu didn't get arrested that night!" Sgt. Carl shouts, stepping between you and Suzu.

"That's right, she didn’t.” You turn your focus to Carl, “Cause you was there weren’t you? You were the one that pulled her out of the street!” You thrust an accusing finger against the Sarg’s chest. He starts to protest but you cut him off.

“And that’s when she got to you isn’t? She gave you that doe eyed look and you just couldn’t help yourself could you? She told you all about Carn and Anita that night. She told you all about her plan! An you went along with it cause she just wrapped you right around her finger” The Sgt. looked positively cornered an you could see Suzu outta the corner of yer eye on the edge of her seat.

“I-I don’t know what plan yer talkin about! I wasn’t even there that night!” The Sgt. flat out lied, “T-Tell em Suzu! Tell ‘em I wasn’t there!” He shot a pleading look to Suzu but the look she gave him coulda frozen ice.

“Yea Suzu. Tell us all about how the two of yous planned to kill Carn that night.” You jump in before she can answer. Time to lay the rest of it out. “Tell us how you stole Old Jiro’s gun the next day. everyone knows he keeps it behind the counter. Tell us how you set up a meet with Carn here tonight in another one of yer letters. Tell us how you gave the gun to Sgt. Carl so he could shoot poor Carn in the back for yous. Tell us how you jimmied the hing on the door to make sure he had a clear shot!”

"I-No! That ain’t…" Carl shouts, coming to Suzu’s defense before she can speak, "Suzu didn’t do nothin see?!”

“What did she promise you Carl?” You ask rounding on him again, “Did she tell you she was in love with you? Tell you that you’d spend the rest of yer lives together?” You ask the Sgt. You feel sorry for the guy. The poor sap was always fallin for the wrong dames and this time there was no comin back from it.

“Now listen here,” Suzu pipes up, “I didn’t do nothin! This was all his idea! I just cried on his shoulder and he came up with the rest! He’s always had his eye on me. He probably just wanted to get Carn out of the way!” She said, layin the blame squarely on Carl. It was a clever move but you knew the Sarg. He wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. Yer about to cut her off when Carl beats you to it.

“Suzu… Suzu w-what are you saying?!” Carl turns to look at Suzu with a pained expression, “You said we was gonna be together forever!”

“Clamp it Carl.” Suzu says, tryin to shut the Sarg up.

“You promised me we’d run away together! You said Carn was the only thing standing between us!” Carl keeps on confessing, “You said all I had to do was shoot him an plant the gun inside the shop! That no one would figure it out!”

“I said shut up you dumb clod!” Suzu’s on her feet now, red faced an shoutin, “I never loved you! I just wanted that rat Carn dead for cheating on me with that tramp! An you were the easiest way to get it done and still keep my hands clean! You've ruined everything!”

Suzu’s words shut Carl right up, an empty expression glazing across his features. Before anyone knows what’s happening, Carl’s got his heater in his hand and the air’s ringing with the sound of a slug going off.

Chen tackles the Sgt and wrestles him to the ground but Carl isn’t putting up much of a fight. Chen and Bai take away his gun an wrestle him into his own cuffs. Suddenly Suzu stumbles against the counter and drops to the floor. You rush to her side but you already know. It's too late for her. “He was gonna propose to you tonight." You whisper, "This was yer ring in his pocket. It’s inscribed, ‘To My Bell*’.” A pained expression passes across Suzu’s face. Then she’s gone. You set Suzu down gently and then help the others pull Carl into a seat where he can cry in peace.

*Suzu is Japanese for “Bell”

“I rang the police.” Jiro says as you sit back down at the counter. What a night. A somber mood fills the malt shop as everyone sits back down to wait for the police. You order up another malt while you wait. Placing the engagement ring on the counter, you give it a flick and watch it spin till it clatters to a stop.

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 03-01-2018 at 12:52 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-16-2018, 10:33 PM

Eastern Standard Timezone, Carnnie?

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 02-16-2018, 11:00 PM

HIM did tthe questions and sent the form in but you didn't tell us what to name it !

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-16-2018, 11:42 PM

Woohooo! Thanks Carn!

I just finished and sent in my guess - I'm still at work but finally have another break lol!

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-17-2018, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

Eastern Standard Timezone, Carnnie?
Derp... XD I'll go with Pacific since that's where I'm at

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM_ROCK View Post
HIM did tthe questions and sent the form in but you didn't tell us what to name it !
Derp de derp! I did indeed! You'll just have to use your imagination XD most of the ones I've gotten refer to the murder game in some way or another lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Woohooo! Thanks Carn!

I just finished and sent in my guess - I'm still at work but finally have another break lol!
Whoop! I can't wait to read all of these! XD I'm wondering how close y'all are gonna get XD Which is to say... I'm wondering how terrible my story telling was

---------- Post added 02-16-2018 at 05:07 PM ----------

OH! P.S. I still have day 4 and 5 prizes to hand out! I should be getting to those tonight provided I get my casseroles done quickly!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 02-17-2018, 02:32 AM

Well, I could have asked you 2 questions still. I figured I was too late so i just sent my guess.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-17-2018, 03:50 AM

When will I get my answers? > o>

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-17-2018, 10:00 PM

Carn - I'm curious how many guessed it too! I think I'm right but I also think I got my time lines messed up with everything going on this week lol Still hopeful though!! :D

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-18-2018, 04:26 AM

woooo i sent in my guess!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-18-2018, 05:47 AM

I want some casserole

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-20-2018, 08:22 PM

Sorry for the wait everyone! Quick update, I'll be reading through all the PMs I got today! I'll send a reply to yours as I read it in the order I received them.

Still have day 4/5 prizes to hand out

Annnd... For prizes, the person who gets closest to getting the right answer, you'll receive 5000 gold! the next two closest will receive 2500 gold!

All participants have a chance at wining a set of 2015 V-Day Event Items! The closer you are to the right answer, the the more items you'll get! Depending on how many facts you get right, you can get all 4 items or 3 or 2 or 1. I'll even let you pick which ones you want XD.

So stay tuned! I won't promise I'll have the final results out tonight but it shouldn't take me more than tomorrow!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-20-2018, 08:44 PM

Oooooo! That's super exciting for prizes!! I can't wait to see how I did - I got a little enthusiastic with my guess

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 02-20-2018, 10:26 PM

Don't forget to let us see what everyone's thoughts were !

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-20-2018, 11:11 PM

I would've sent a guess but I wanted answers to my questions first. > 3<

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-26-2018, 07:30 AM

AHHHH!!! You gotta ping me when you see I make a boo boo! >.< I have around 20 subscribed threads with new posts in them everyday cause I don't manage my subscriptions well... >.>

Kent: I PMed you. I am terribly sorry that you didn't get a reply. I'm not sure what happened there >.<

At any rate, Everything is all ready to go and be posted but since I made a mistake regarding Kent, I'm going to push it one extra day for release and throw in an extra 300g for all the participants for having to wait due to my error!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-26-2018, 02:16 PM

Aw, sorry about that. XD But thank you for extending it for me! :D

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-26-2018, 05:12 PM

Ahhh! I'm sad I have to wait another day to see the final piece of the story, but I'm glad it was extended to make sure Kent could get a guess in!! :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-27-2018, 01:53 AM

Aw, I never got an answer sent in. And I never got any casserole

*Hime*

Old 02-28-2018, 07:04 AM

Is this over or can we still guess? Not that I have an clue...

---------- Post added 02-28-2018 at 08:05 AM ----------

Is this over or can we still guess? Not that I have a clue...

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-28-2018, 09:44 AM

Technically I was supposed to have the results up LAST NIGHT! But as you can see it is tonight. Or rather... the day after tomorrow night... If you're looking at it from Last Night's point of view. I digress...

The point is that lastnight and today (which is yesterday now) didn't go how I planned! I spent a bulk of the day getting my sisters car ready for a trip over the mountain for her job and she needed a tune up so that ontop of my other duties pretty much left me no time to polish up my story!

So for right now, I'm planing on releasing the last bits of this on the front page of this thread tomorrow around 3:PM Pacific Time (as my day will be quieter and I won't have to deal with my sister and her car cause she'll be gone ). So if you, *Hime*: and hummy: can get a guess mailed to me before then, then I'll count you in! Otherwise you are welcome to send in a reply but you won't be eligible for the fancy prizes.