Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Welcome to my hangout thread! I haven't been too active on Mene for a long time and I wanted to correct that by having my own little hidey hole during this event. It's the first event I've participated in properly for over a year, at least!

Anywho, right now I'm enjoying my summer in the sunny Virginia, close to the DC area, and I fly back to England in about 3 weeks time to finish up my final year at university. I don't want to leave! I wanna live here and do my graduate degrees over here and everything!

Plus I love the food. :D Nomnomnom.

There, I think I've given some starting conversation points! Please come and join me, I would love to get to know more people on here and also catch up with familiar faces. :)

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 08-09-2011 at 04:48 PM..

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 04:36 PM

Hey there, Spring~ *sneaks up and glomps* :glomp: .... *cough* nice to meet ya xD

Haha, you're not the only one who hasn't been on Menewsha for a while >w<";; ... I feel like I've missed a lot of things -.-

Anyway, how's Virginia? :D Mah cousins told me it's kinda hot there right now 0.0 ... but maybe they're exaggerating? :XD
At least you're spending your summer somewhere other than home >w< ... I'm stuck here, doing homework and studying and volunteering and cr*p =w=";;

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Nice to meet you, too! :D

It is hot here. Where is home for you? Depending on which makes sense, the temperature is in the 90sF or over 30C. I don't know the specifics, but it's definitely not what I'm used to! :P

Oh, I'll get all the studying and such soon. Don't you worry! I've been buying school supplies here because it's cheaper and then getting all excited about it, but then when I really think about it I'm a bit like ... oh, wait, I'm gonna have to do a lot this year. x.x Eeeep!

Volunteering is good, though! It makes you stand out when you go for jobs and such. I need to volunteer more. >.<

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 PM

WHOA! Clair is totally jealous. <3 She was born in DC and lived there for a while when she was younger. It's probably her favorite place in the United States. :D Hope you've had a good time, Springy!

How've you been!?

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 04:59 PM

I frickin love it here! The thought of going back to England is depressing, really. >.<

And I've been pretty busy just lately! I had exams at the end of May, beginning of June, prior to that was all my lectures, studying, revising, etc. I had to move out of my student house and back home for the summer because I'm moving into a new house for my final year. Ummm, aside from all the uni work I've been pretty good! Life is looking good at the minute and I'm optimistic about the future ... that's a first for me! :p Haha.

How have you been, Clair? :hug:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 05:07 PM

It's hot in Virginia? I'm in South Carolina and the heat index has gotten up to 113 in the past few days. At least it's finally raining and making it a little cooler around here. I've been hiding in my house with the AC on and avoiding going outside whenever I can.

Hopefully it'll be cooler in North Carolina. My family and I are headed up there on Wednesday to go white water rafting.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 05:07 PM

Oh ew .__.";; .... I'm over in New Jersey, which isn't too far away, and it's usually like 80-95 degrees F here xD... But it's been raining a lot lately so it's cooler.. so yay :3
Next time, come to NJ~ It's fun here ^-^

Oh! For school supplies, if you need any more that is, the best places to buy them are places like Walmart and Target >w< Screw Staples; their prices are horrendous. Walmart/Target/whatever always have sales on the supplies, so it's like half the price compared to Staples, and I guess cheaper than the stuff in England ^^"
I've been buying a gazillion things for school >w< .... At first I was also like "Oooh yay~ :squee: " but then... My mind drifted... and I thought of IB classes...and then I went "Kill me now. TT-TT"

And... well yes, volunteering is good, but it's so tiring T~T ... I'm leaving the house everyday at 7am and getting back at 1pm >w< .... *sigh* -.-"

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 05:11 PM

I miss 80 degree weather. I used to live in Delaware and that was about the extent of the summer heat. It makes me laugh when I remember I used to think that was hot weather. XD

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 05:17 PM

I'm sorry, just to detour from the conversation for a moment: you guys both have usernames where I want to call you Chi and Sho, but I already call people on here by those nicknames and I'm scared I'll get confused! Haha. Do you guys have any preferences? xD

It's rained here a little bit, but not a great amount. It rained for a while yesterday and it made the atmosphere incredibly sticky and blah. x.x The main problem for me, with the heat, is that there isn't a nice cool breeze. If there's wind, it's just blowing more hot air in my face! In England, our summer's typically don't go above 25C which is mid 70sF and it is rare if it gets that warm ... although, I know at the minute that they've been having some high 20C heat. :lol:

I have been going to Walmart and Target for my stuff! I made a trip to Staples yesterday and bought a couple of things that were a good price, but it was only like 3 things. >.<

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 05:22 PM

@Spring -- You can call me Mizu ^-^ That way, you won't get confuzzled~ =P
Oh it's been pouring here some days, but not always XD. The humidity is horrible, though, and it makes everything sticky too. There is a breeze sometimes though...
And good! XD Staples is great and always has stuff, but its so expensive =w=" ...

@Shonojo -- WOW O.O .... That's really frickin' hot. We had a 110 heat index back in July... which was just like BLEHH for me 'cause I was at this science camp thingy (yes, i'm a nerd, deal with it xD) and we had to walk 30-45 minutes to each class and to all these other places ... in jeans.... so... yeaaaaah not fun. =w=
White water rafting sounds really cool OwO I hope you have a good time~! :D :glomp:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 05:22 PM

You can call me Sho, or Sho-Sho if you don't want to confuse me with this other Sho you speak of.

Weather that doesn't go over 70F? I would love that soooo much. Do the winters get very cold over there?

Yeah Mizu, it was totally hot and my dad was out building a screened porch. What a crazy guy.

And thank you, I've never been white water rafting before, but I hope to have fun. :3

Last edited by Sho-Shonojo; 08-07-2011 at 05:27 PM..

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 05:30 PM

@Shonojo -- O.o .... erm... wow. Slightly insane. XD
ANDANDAND -- You should totally tell us how the rafting goes ^.^

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 05:32 PM

Yeah, he was gulping down all the liquid he could find for the rest of the day.

Let's see, I get back friday morning. This thread should still be open then right?

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 05:42 PM

Oh gosh o.o

Um.. yeah I think it should still be up xD.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 05:43 PM

Awesome. Then I'll be sure to stop by and tell everyone. The only thing about the trip is that it's taking place during the event. I'm really going to have to save up some pies to get the last one. O.O

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 05:45 PM

bahaha xDDD
You'll get them, don't worry >w<
I have like.... not a lot of pies.. ^^"

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 05:53 PM

I'm up to 110 and I haven't bought anything yet. I hope the other event items don't get too much more expensive. O.O

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 05:54 PM

o.e
....I have 34.....
Fail. TT-TT

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 06:01 PM

Yikes, you need to get posting! That's the fastest way to earn up the pies.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring`Tyme Fresh View Post
I frickin love it here! The thought of going back to England is depressing, really. >.<

And I've been pretty busy just lately! I had exams at the end of May, beginning of June, prior to that was all my lectures, studying, revising, etc. I had to move out of my student house and back home for the summer because I'm moving into a new house for my final year. Ummm, aside from all the uni work I've been pretty good! Life is looking good at the minute and I'm optimistic about the future ... that's a first for me! :p Haha.

How have you been, Clair? :hug:

I'm doing very well. I've had a rough few weeks, but it's fine. :)

I know what you mean. I went to visit relatives in Seattle earlier this summer, and the idea of going home (to Maine, on the exact opposite side of the states) was enough to make me gag. >.> I've been thinking about leaving for Washington and living there... but it still frightens me to live on the other side of the country.

I think I'd be happiest in the Virginia, DC area...

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 06:07 PM

That sounds like a horrendous trip to make Clair. I hope you don't drive it.

It seems like there are a lot of fans of the DC area. I've only been there on a school trip way back in middle school.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 06:13 PM

mmyeahhhhh I know XD
I've been trying to post in different places but.... I feel like I'm intruding into other people's conversations ^^"

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 06:14 PM

That's why I came into here. It was really small and not too many people were in here yet.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 06:15 PM

ahhh nice xD.
Smart move >w<
There just aren't many of those kinds of threads.... and even when there aren't many people in one yet, I still feel the same way xD... It's like.. retarded....T-T

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 06:17 PM

Aw, well luckily most people around here are really open to meeting new people. But I know what you mean. I don't like to impose on people either.