Seraded memories of paper
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 AM

And you thought that under-sea civilizations were fairy tales...

Welcome to the tribal village known as Triebalisk. This city sunk to the depths of the ocean milions of years ago, it somehow survived by landing in an air pocket under water. Since then, the city has flourished and has developed technology that is far more advanced than it's counterparts thousands of miles on "the surface". everyone has a story to tell, what is yours?

A breif set of rules to guide you:

1. No god modding
2. No killing characters off unless given permission to do so
3. No E-humpping (i have no problem with you taking it some place else.. just don't do it here)
4. PM me your profiles
5. Stick to the rules of Menewsha.
6. Have fun! i will add rules as needed.

Last edited by Seraded memories of paper; 03-24-2009 at 09:02 PM..

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2009, 01:19 AM

Profile Skeleton:

Character name:
Biography:
Played by:

Accepted people:
Character name: Elly Ryuk
Are you a Villager or Explorer?: Villager
Image URL:
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...ime_fav653.jpg
Biography: she was born in this village by royalty (her mother was a villager and her father was a high leutenent of the king) she has been living in the palace in secrecy as the queen's personal maid, she likes the job... but wishes that she could be outside of the palace for once in her life. her two best friends are birds (Aiko is green, Mitsu is violet) they keep her from losing it completely.
Likes: flowers, being in the palace garden, playing her harp.
Dislikes: strangers (she fears males), mean people.
Played by: Seraded Memories of Paper

Quote:
Character name: Lindly
Image URL:
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/r...2Victorian.jpg
Biography: Lindly was born to two lesser nobles in the court of the city, but thanks largely to her mother she has managed to work her way up as one of the queen's Ladies in waiting. She is a very sheltered creature, and has no desire ever to leave the city under the water. She is used to the finer things in life. She has several birds in her chambers. She has several brightly colored finches as well as a couple nightingales and a couple kingfishers. She also has vases of fresh flowers in her rooms. Lindly is also somewhat old fashioned and doesn't like using much of the technology available. She is also very girly and loves dressing up. She is often asked by the queen to sing because Lindly has a very pretty singing voice. However, Lindly is also very trusting, even with people who really shouldn't be trusted.
Dislikes: Critical thinking, death (even of her flowers), cleaning
Played by: Rabid Rainbow
Quote:
Character name: Bennett Michaels
Image URL: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...edag/002-1.jpg
Biography: Bennett has lived in Triebalisk all his life. Not a lot is known about his background, but he was adopted by the queen when she found him wandering around at 6. He has been a court favorite ever since. He can mostly be found at court, acting like a spoiled prince-ling. He is very self-centered and doesn't care much for others.
Dislikes: Responsibility, Boring parties
Played by:purple_artemis00

Quote:
Originally Posted by miku3669
Character name: Chrysillis
Are you a Villager or Explorer?: Explorer
Image URL:
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/Natelia-theDruid/Chick.jpg
Biography: Chrys is a very intelligent and intense person who is very misunderstood. She doesn't talk much and it is hard for her to make friends. She is very wise for how young she is, and has already made a very successful life for herself as a photographer for a prestigious magazine. On an assignment near the Indian Ocean, she heard a hauntingly beautiful song playing from the shore in her hotel suite. That's all she remembers when she wakes up inside a gigantic underwater city.
Dislikes: Pop music and overly happy people
Played by: miku3669

Last edited by Seraded memories of paper; 03-24-2009 at 12:21 PM..

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2009, 01:25 AM

Now Open!

Last edited by Seraded memories of paper; 03-16-2009 at 02:25 PM..

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2009, 01:55 AM

Aiko and Mitsu flew to Elly's bedside and chirped a little bit. The sound of groaning under the covers made the birds shift a little as Elly woke up "what is it?" she said as the two birds went over to the clock on the wall and tapped it "oh crap! i'm late!" she said as she got up and quickly got ready 'The Queen and her ladies in waiting aren't gonna like this' she thought as she ajusted her maid's cap.

Last edited by Seraded memories of paper; 03-16-2009 at 02:29 PM..

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-16-2009, 05:11 PM

Lindly was sitting in the receiving room of the Queens chambers with the other ladies in waiting. They were all talking about the upcoming wedding of Nira, one of Lindly's fellow ladies. She wasn't participating the conversation much but still listening with a smile as she tuned her lute.

The queen herself was at her little prie dieu, praying, like she did every morning. The queen was especially religious, even though there were many that said God didn't exist and that technology was the only thing to be trusted. Lindly didn't put to much faith in technology, and neither did the queen, although she did admit that it had its uses.

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2009, 10:34 PM

Elly ran down the hallway at top speed as she slowed down as she approached the receiving room she quickly grasped onto the door to stop herself, the speed made her hat slant when she stopped. Elly breathed heavily as she ajusted her hat and walked in regaining her composture and stood with her back to the wall.

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-21-2009, 03:08 PM

Lindly looked up in mild confusion at the sound of thumping coming down the hallway. For a moment, the chatter ceased as the other ladies waited to see what this disturbance was. Abruptly, it stopped at their door and after a moment, the maid walked in.

Seeing that it was simply the maid, the ladies resumed their chatter and sewing while Lindly turned her attention back to her instrument. The maid was late again, Lindly noted, but the Queen was a fairly forgiving creature, so long as something bigger had not upset her and put her in a bad mood.

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2009, 11:08 PM

Elly looked down at her feet and sighed lightly 'god damnit Elly! how do you expect to regain dad's honour with this?' she thought as she gently folded her hands on her lap. Just then, the farmiliar clicking of heels were going down the hallway "great, now i'll get it" she muttered.

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-22-2009, 02:31 AM

Lindly was becoming very engrossed in the tuning of her instrument when the rustling of gowns and the tapping of heels reached her ears. She noticed just in time that the Queen was walking in.

Sewing projects and instruments were quickly laid down as the ladies stood up and curtsied as the Queen walked in, showing respect as everyone in the city had for thousands of years. The ladies all murmured "Majesty..." as a greeting to the aging Queen. Her sparkling blue eyes surveyed the group and she smiled slightly, nodding her head at her ladies to signal that they were allowed to sit and resume their work.

She turned to the maid, who had appeared sometime during her morning prayers. Noting the girl's slightly disheveled appearance and heavy breath, the woman sighed. "Miss Elly, this is the fourth time this week you have arrived here late. You know I shall have to dock your pay for this." The Queen looked down on her sternly, but not cruelly. "Please try not to be late again. I know you work hard and would hate to see you fail simply because you are up late at night." She smiled down at the girl, revealing that she was in a good mood. "You may start your duties now."

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-23-2009, 12:34 AM

Elly looked down at the ground as the Queen was lecturing her. when she finished, she curtseyed "yes your magesty" she said quietly as she made sure not to make eye contact for it was very un-ediquitte for a maid to look into the eyes of royalty. as soon as the queen turned around, she skitishly semi-ran out of the room, almost tripping over her own feet.

'damnit! there goes some of my music money...' she thought as she quickly went into the next room and began to prepare her specialty pink tea for them. she sighed a little as she picked some fresh tea leaves from the windowbox.

Last edited by Seraded memories of paper; 03-23-2009 at 11:53 PM..

purple_artemis00
Ima kill you with my cuppy cake ...

Old 03-24-2009, 01:08 AM

Bennett strolled into the busy room. He glanced at the fawning courtiers and walked over to his mother, the queen.

He climbed onto the lowered throne beside her and fiddled with his cuffs. He was bored, he hated these stuffy court functions. He scanned the room, seeing if there was anyone new to catch his eye. He watched one of the maids walk out with her head lowered. He would bet his mother had just dressed her down.

Bennett’s gaze flicked over the ladies-in-waiting, seeing the same boring faces and hearing the same stupid conversation. He snickered to himself as one of them fought to tune her cello. She looked hilarious, the huge instrument larger than she was.

Bennett let his attention wander and waited for his mother to summon an entertainment. She looked around and summoned the cellist to play for the assembled ladies.

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-24-2009, 01:28 AM

Elly finished making the tea for the royals, she sighed again and picked up the tray. she lowered her head and began to walk into the other room, she had an expression on her face that looked as if she was really sad. "Tea? your Magesty?" she said shaking a little bit in fear "why yes, thank you" the Queen said as Elly set the silver tray on the table and began to shakingly pour 5 cups of tea for the royals in the room.

Elly's blue eyes looked up for a split second at the prince before she set her gaze back down to the floor 'damnit! that was so un-ediquitte...' she though to herself being really pissed 'now everyone in the room hates you! first you were late, then you got scorned by the queen and then you look at the prince! how can this day get any worse?'

purple_artemis00

Old 03-24-2009, 01:32 AM

Bennett watched as the maid walked shakily across the floor and poured tea for his mother. She kept her eyes averted, but then suddenly Bennett saw her make eye contact.

At first, Bennett wanted to call the girl out and humiliate her. it would provide a quick distraction anyway, but he held his tongue and smiled at the shaking girl.

It couldn't hurt to have a maid owe me a favor. I could use her to find out things the other nobles won't say in front of me.

Bennett hoped to catch the girl's eye, so he could instruct her to meet him later. He was practically chomping at the bit to get her spying for him.

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-24-2009, 01:42 AM

Elly looked down at the ground and passed the queen a silver medalion adorned with flower designs and two real feathers at the top of it (one violet, one green) it had a white button on the top of it that transponded with her neck button, she walked out of the room still looking at the floor.

Elly hastedly walked out of the room and walked down the hallway quickly to her room and sat on her bed, still exhilerated from the rush of looking into the prince's eyes. Aiko and Mitsu flew next to her and chirped a bit "you wouldn't beleive what happened just a moment ago..." she said a little bit excited as she began to tell the two about how she made eye contact with the prince for the first time ever.

Last edited by Seraded memories of paper; 03-24-2009 at 01:56 AM..

purple_artemis00

Old 03-24-2009, 02:58 PM

Bennett idly watched the courtesans go about their petty lives. He really hated court life. He hated how little it seemed to matter. In fact, the only thing that mattered to Bennett was when he could have a drink and who he would bed that night.

Bennett eyes wandered back to cellist, as she finished her piece to courtly applause and a few teary eyes. She was good if she moved this jaded, false crowd. Bennett would be sure to have her entertain some of his late night guests one evening. He had discovered that a little sorrow was just as effective as alcohol at lowering inhibitions.

While he thought about the girl in his apartments, the thought snaked through his head that he would like her to be the one in bed with him, but he dismissed it quickly. His mother would crucify him if he sullied one of the ladies-in-waiting. He would have to settle for the daughters of lesser nobles and those who weren’t in the queen’s favor.

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 PM

Elly pulled out her golden harp from it's weathered case "i'm going to go play in the garden for a bit ok?" she said to the two birds as she walked out of her room and walked into the royal garden and climbed up a tree then began to play a little, she sung along to the song tha her fingers strummed to. she looked at her lap, she knew that she would never become what her father was... nor will she ever become one of the ladies she takes care of (even though she was in fact the daughter of a high officer to the king) she sighed and continued to play.

[[the song she is playing is "my immortal" by Evanesence]]

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-25-2009, 12:19 AM

Lindly listened as the cellist finished her piece for the other ladies. Really, Nandina wasn't all that good and her instrument was almost bigger than she was. But it was not too bad, all the same, and Lindly clapped politely when it was over.

She finally finished tuning her lute (such a more elegant instrument, and certainly much more manageable!) and put it aside. The prince was here of course, looking bored like he always did. Of course, Lindly mused inwardly, sitting here and listening to the babbling and giggling of girls excited about a wedding wouldn't be the most interesting thing for a boy to hear.

Lindly looked out the window for a moment, letting herself begin to daydream a bit. As much as she loved the city and loved being part of the Queen's court, she had to admit it got very boring after a while.

purple_artemis00

Old 03-25-2009, 12:24 AM

Bennett couldn't sit still any longer, he had to get out of here. The court was full of simpering whiners and he wasn't in the mood.

Bennett made his excuses to his mother and walked out to the veranda opening onto the garden. He stopped briefly on the steps and then took off down them at full speed. His plan had been to strip off while he was running and dive into the reflecting pool at the back, but the sound of a harp and birds twittering stopped him dead in his tracks.

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2009, 12:31 AM

Elly continued to play whilst she sat on a branch of a giant tree. Aiko chirped a little "i know, i know Aiko..." she said softly "but the royals here can't know about it, it may cause corruption within the kingdom" she felt like singing a little louder 'who cares? the royals are too buisy with their royal lives anyways'

purple_artemis00

Old 03-25-2009, 12:35 AM

Bennett thought the sound of the instrument, a lute or a harp, maybe was coming from above him.

Bennett listened to the voice and smiled. It sounded like a young girl, a young beautiful girl. Bennett strongly believe that ugly people were incapable of singing beautifully.

He turned on the charm before calling out...

"Um, hello? Is someone up there playing a song and singing?"

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2009, 12:41 AM

Elly froze as she looked down to see the prince below her 'oh crap! what did i get myself into?' she though as she panicked a bit "uhhh...err... ye...yes!" she said as Aiko and Mitsu had a devilish look in their eyes. They picked up her maids cap and let it fall to the base of the tree "you guys!" she wispered angrily "what are you doing!".

purple_artemis00

Old 03-25-2009, 01:00 AM

A small maid's cap fell from the limbs of the tree above Bennett. His breath caught when he remembered the forward, poorly mannered maid from earlier. Couldn't be, could it?

"Excuse me, but you need to get out of that tree. It's royal property and you're scratching the trunk." He blurted knowing it was a poor excuse, but that it would get her down here.

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2009, 01:07 AM

Elly shook a bit as she slowly climbed down the tree and dared not to look into the prince's eyes once more. She placed her harp in front of her as she got on her hands and knees and bowed, her hands shook as her face was 2 inches from the ground "i....i....." she said nervously.

purple_artemis00

Old 03-25-2009, 01:24 AM

"Oh, get up!" Bennett barked at the girl. She was of absolutely no use cowering on the ground. He wasn't able to tell f she was the same girl or one of the other maids that serviced the castle.

"Were you playing?" he asked the girl knowing perfectly well that no one else was up there with her.

"Good, then sit here and play for me." He commanded her without a ounce of sympathy for the girls situation.

⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2009, 01:32 AM

Elly quickly got up and sat where he instructed her to do so. she picked up her harp and looked down at the ground, she closed her eyes as her figers lightly strummed the harp and she sung the same song she was singing in the tree.