Runihura
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Runihura

Old 05-25-2007, 12:44 PM

For the third or fourth time I'm going through my Anne rice books. I'mlooking for an artist it pick up but I'm picky XD I'm about to re-pick up my Piers anthony books.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 05-25-2007, 11:03 PM

I'm reading Dark Lord of Derkholm by Diana Wynne Jones. So far I really like it.

j00lian
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 05-25-2007, 11:10 PM

I'm reading Pride and Prejucide by Jane Austen, and Dracula by Bram Stroker; two great classics.

Username Censored
Grave digger
Send a message via MSN to Username Censored

Old 05-26-2007, 01:08 PM

I'm reading lots of books at the same time. Ur, I'm reading the trilogy by Amelia Atwater Rhodes: In the Forests of the Night, Demon in my View and Shattered Mirror (I'm waiting for Midnight Predator to come out). Those books are awesome! Seriously. ;D

I'm also trying to start over with the Harry Potter-books, since I haven't read them in a while. Hm. But I lost book 1 somewhere, and now I can't find it. xD

And last but not least, I'm reading lots of mangas. Such as Ouran High School Host Club, Gravitation, Only the Ring Finger knows, Yami no Matsuei, Fruits Basket etc etc.

I'm a book nerd. <3

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-26-2007, 02:27 PM

I am currently reading the great tragedies of Shakespeare,because I'm preparing an exam from it...
Other than that,I just finished reading The rise of Endymion by Dan Simmons,and I'm half way through Julian Barnes' Arthur & George.

Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Astromantic Send a message via MSN to Astromantic

Old 05-26-2007, 06:45 PM

I am currently reading Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. I'm a big fan of the movie and a lot of people tell me that the book was much better. I bought the book earlier this week along with two others. I only started reading Fight Club about two days ago and I'm already halfway done. ^^; I must admit, it is better than the movie. n w n <3

Notsilveraura
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-27-2007, 10:55 PM

Currently I'm reading "Narcissus in Chains" by Laurell K Hamilton. She's a great author, and I've got loads of books to read by her.

opiate
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 05-28-2007, 09:33 AM

I'm currently reading all of Raymond E. Feist's series. There are so many epic books which follows the tales of magicians, paralell worlds, dragon riders, Kings and Queens, thieves, pirates and even the creator of the planets! It's insanely riviting and I haven't been able to stop reading the series since! If you love fantasy and great feats of both magical and mental combat, you may really love Raymond E. Feist.

Start with Magician (3 books in one) then move onto Silverthorn and then my personal favourite, Darkness At Sethanon.
These are only the first books in a series as well thought out and as long as The Lord Of The Rings.

GreenDragon
(-.-)zzZ
Banned
n/a

Old 05-28-2007, 05:25 PM

I personnly find that the series of redwall and the dangerous book for boys are some of the best books ever.
with the redwall books there is a great adventure. The dangerous book for boys is loads of fun to read cause you learn alot of neat little things. For exaple how to make tripwires or how to make a treehouse, go-kart and how to grow crystals.. I love that book. It's perfect for long sumer sundays

Classical
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-28-2007, 07:59 PM

currently i'm reading 'the curious incident of the dog in the night-time' by mark haddon. it is a really easy read about this story of an autistic childs adventures through the eyes of the kid. its for english class and there are many pictures and diagrams in the book. its really fascinating because its like seeing the world entirely different than how people normally think and feel and so on.

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 05-28-2007, 11:49 PM

I just finished Senrid by Sherwood Smith. It's a good fantasy novel and a fun read, although it's a bit confusing at some points and it turns out that the author posted another story that is connected to it on her Livejournal and it's much clearer once you read it. I'm sure it can stand alone, in fact I had a friend read it without the Livejournal post and she understood it, but it's just such a great story that you want to know everything you can about it!

I'm also reading Measure for Measure by Shakespeare for my English class.

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 05-28-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwizzle
I am currently reading Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. I'm a big fan of the movie and a lot of people tell me that the book was much better. I bought the book earlier this week along with two others. I only started reading Fight Club about two days ago and I'm already halfway done. ^^; I must admit, it is better than the movie. n w n <3
That's a great book! My brother bought it since he loved the movie but I havn't seen the movie so I can't really say if it's better, but it's a really good book.

opiate
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 05-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Fight Club (both the book and the movie) is awesome! Nothing like some really messed up people (person) telling a really messed up story keke

Simplixity
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-29-2007, 07:23 PM

Unfortunately, I am currently reading Great Expectations. It's unfortunate because I'm forced to read it for English class, and not by choice. I'm done with the first part of the book, and it's not that bad, it's actually quite understandable. Pip gets on my nerves a lot though, I just feel like strangling him for being so "superior," or thinking of it anyways.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-29-2007, 11:05 PM

I just finished up:
  • 'Sense and Sensibility' by Jane Austen
    'The Crying of Lot 49' by Thomas Pynchon

Talk about jumping through genres. I have to say, this past weekend was a unique reading experience.

Abis
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-30-2007, 02:14 AM

Hm. At present I'm reading the Sound and the Fury for my Lit Comp final. After that I get to read for fun again. Can't wait to be done with the school assigned book lists.

j00lian
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 05-30-2007, 02:43 AM

• I've got alot of books, I've started to read, but have yet to finish.

With summer her though, I'll probably get around to finishing sometime before August though.

Right now, (aside from my manga collection) I'm reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

I'm thinking about getting the modern day sequals that are available at Target or something. I hear that have the tale from Darcy's point of view. That would be interesting.

Rachel Tamwood
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 05-30-2007, 02:54 AM

I have been reading a lot of books on vampires and witches, if anyone knows a good one, could you send me a pm about it?

Harvard Mint
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-30-2007, 04:26 AM

i am currently reading The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain. i like it but i don't really understand the plot. still it is a very good book and i seem to melt into old england.(which is the setting of the story)

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 05-30-2007, 05:58 PM

Currently I'm reading Kushiel's Avatar by Jacquline Carey

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 05-30-2007, 11:46 PM

THE GODDESS OF YESTERDAY!
but i'm almost finished.
i love that book.

also, for school. we're reading ANIMAL FARM by ORWELL.

crazywittlegirl
Dead Account Holder
n/a
Send a message via AIM to crazywittlegirl Send a message via Yahoo to crazywittlegirl

Old 05-31-2007, 12:02 AM

I'm reading Pendragon and I don't know who wrote it. I had seen it online awhile back and thought it looked interesting then I found it for 50 cents all beat up at a flea market. I'm enjoying it but have only been reading it on break at work.

June
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to June

Old 05-31-2007, 03:01 AM

I'm currently reading Eldest, sequal to Eragon. It's pretty good so far, but I've kind of hit a slow bit and I'm not really into it at the moment. It'll pick back up again, though, I'm sure. ^^ Eragon didn't have many slow bits, so I'm sure it'll get a bit more exciting soon.

Relia
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-31-2007, 02:27 PM

I'm currently reading The Book of Lost Things, by John Connolly. It's been lovely so far!

Taiikou
Magical Panda

Old 06-01-2007, 02:21 AM

I currently am reading Fruit Basket volume 3. They are so cute and amazing. The young girl is just so adorable. I wish I could be happy like her even through all the horrid times she's gone though.