Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 02-06-2008, 02:49 PM

Something I drew yesterday. What do you think about it? I had to scan it and our scanner is not too great.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8831/draakar1.png

DieTotgeburtDesZeus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via ICQ to DieTotgeburtDesZeus Send a message via AIM to DieTotgeburtDesZeus

Old 02-06-2008, 02:52 PM

it's nice but... seeing some more of the dragon would be cool^^ at first i looked at the pic didn't know where there was any dragon at all^^" see what i mean? the pic itself is pretty, but if you call it 'dragon' show us a real dragon ;)

Silenia

Old 02-06-2008, 04:39 PM

There are western dragons. I'd say this is more of an Asian dragon, more snake-like.

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 02-06-2008, 05:03 PM

It's a good concept. :3

Critique:
Well, the wings are a little small, from what I can see, too small for the dragon. Also, the wings, from that perspective, should be thinner, and the back shouldn't cover up the junction between the wings and back.
The stomach is waaaay too long and skinny, unless you meant for it that way. I'm kinda used to fat dragons. ^___^:
The head should be bigger too. Or make it duck under the wing, so you don't have to draw it.
xD

I luff your shading. <3

Silenia

Old 02-06-2008, 05:15 PM

Winter Wind, thank you for your help.

The wings are indeed having quite a few mistakes, you're right.
I meant to draw the stomach that way, it's more like a Chinese dragon, those snake-with-wings type of dragons, those are quite skinny,
The head is for a part under the wing, but I agree it doesn't really look right.
Thank you for your help. :)

akemicchi

Old 02-06-2008, 05:16 PM

I think it's nice. :D I love the angle, (it's so different!) but at first I didn't know exactly ... how it was. Was it upside down, with its back in a painful-looking arc? Or was it right side up, slouching sort of? (I figured its the latter, am I right?)

I know that dragons don't exist, but there are still general rules to follow in creating an imaginary creature. There is an issue I have with anatomical issues. One is the torso/ribs. ^^; It's missing shoulder-blades. The dragon only has three fingers, and I also have no idea where the elbow is. Also, considering the length of the dragon and its 'weight,' both in comparison to its wing-span, I don't think it'd be able to fly.

I really do like it, though. I'm just ranting. x3; Keep it up! <3

Mikahiro
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-07-2008, 04:56 AM

I was hoping to see the whole thing.

When I saw it, the tail was the only thing that showed up.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Leona of the Zodiac

Old 02-08-2008, 01:04 AM

It is quite the unique perspective, that is for certain! However, I shall admit I would have at least liked to see the head in some fashion, even if it was just a bit more of the back of the head. Nice work connecting the wings to the body... but perhaps you should widen the wings a slight?

Anyways, it is definitely a promising start!