Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 01-04-2012, 05:56 AM

Laiden glanced at Devin as she reappeared on deck. The youth smiled slightly, for he saw a look of anxiety on her face that could only mean she had been doing something "secret." It seemed that most people on board had a secret or addiction that they wanted kept hidden. The youth turned his gaze back to Marquet as the captain began to speak about the Blackbeard.
Apparently the girl being held below deck was a temptress and deceitful liar that would do nearly anything to get free from Marquet's hold. Glancing to Fenris as though to make some sort of correlation, Laiden lowered his gaze. That was when he heard the captain's question. "So who thinks they can get the girl to speak?"

Promptly falling still, like a creature trying to hide from a predator, Joseph tried not to shift uncomfortably near Fenris' ankles. Hopefully his tall friend wouldn't suggest him.

-

((LOL!! I love how Jack is so flamboyant. :XD I can picture him doing something like that, too. . . .

Fenris might suggest Laiden for "trusting" mannerisms later, but not now. :lol:))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 03:42 PM

Codette just narrowed her eyes. When Laiden and herself had come aboard, she had moved a bit aways from everyone, and linked her body around the shrouds, using the rope to keep herself on board. Codette listened to the Captain, and for some reason, nearly every word he spoke annoyed her. She sighed and calmed herself. Codette wasn't one to help the girl. She was no good at lying or threatening. Especially when it wasn't the treasure she was after, but the adventure, she lacked the proper motivation.

Codette turned her head and looked out to the sea, letting the salty breeze, the soft rocking of the waves and the crys of far-away sea birds bring her back to why she loved being a pirate, and it's that love that would allow her to endure anything.

She did look back, as she wondered who the poor sucker would be that did get stuck with the Map. Codette saw Laiden attempting to become invisible so he wouldn't be chosen.

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 01-04-2012, 05:08 PM

Marquet smiled as he noticed Laiden shift. He looked uncomfortable. Marquet smirked. " Well then. I realize theres only one person on this ship trusting enough, but at the moment I have a better idea." He said, his eyes showing a devilish thought. "Fenris. Bring the girl up here and tie her to the mast." He said, bending over and then tossing a rope to Fenris that had been sitting on a barrel next to the rudder.

"Once the girl is brought up here we'll all try to force the information out of her. And if we have too we'll leave her out here all night." He said, knowing there was going to be a storm later in the night. And temperatures dropped at night fairly quickly. "I don't care what you do. I want that map." He said, turning the rudder again in the direction they were going. The ship had a slight jolt thanks to a large wave from the upcoming storm. The wind began to blow a bit harder than before, so the boat began to rock slightly.

Esmme

Old 01-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Fenris caught the rope effortlessly, nodding when he was given an order. "Yes, captain." He turned and headed for the door that would lead him below deck as Marquet continued to talk. "She'll give the information we need."

((:XD I am thinking of giving Jack a moment to respond without being caught . . . unless, of course, you want him to be caught!))

Hearing the captain's words made Laiden frown. Surely they wouldn't hurt a girl? Just a girl? Instead of following Fenris, the youth stayed in his place against the railing of the ship. His blue eyes lingered on Marquet for a moment before he looked down at the wood beneath his bare feet.
As though the ship was responding to the emotions on board, it began to rock with the slight waves that began to course through the ocean. A rather large wave jolted the ship, and Laiden felt his stomach twist. Figures. Wrapping his arms about his legs, the teen watched the door for signs of Fenris' return.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 06:49 PM

Codette watched as the Captain tossed Fenris the rope. This was Pirate Life. No room for gentle emotions, when theres treasure ahead. She saw Fenris leaving Laiden, and she was confused when he didn't follow again. He always followed the other man, except when they were in the bunks, and now. Biting her lip, she untangled herself, and quickly kept balance as she walked to Joseph with a firm stride.

"Are you alright Laiden?" she asked, putting a hand on his arm. "Is it the rocking of the ship thats making you uneasy?"
((Codette loves interacting with Laiden ^.^))

Last edited by Codette; 01-04-2012 at 06:59 PM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-04-2012, 08:25 PM

((You should so catch Jack! That'd be hillarious! Then he'd be kept in the cell too lol Oh I can only imagine how hillarious it would be to be stuck in a cell with Jack Sparrow lol ))

Esmme

Old 01-05-2012, 03:00 AM

Looking up, Joseph gave Codette a smile. She was nice. He liked this woman. When her hand rested on his arm, his blue eyes lit up with gratitude. "Is it the rocking of the ship thats making you uneasy?"
With a nod, the dark-haired teen glanced toward the door again. He didn't want Fenris to return with the Blackbeard. He then shrugged, as though to say it wasn't so bad. That's when his stomach tightened again, and he swallowed a wave of nausea. Laiden really didn't enjoy being on board a ship.

((LOL!! I should!! :rofl:))
-

Fenris tightened his hold on the rope and headed for the hold. Upon getting there, he heard a male's voice . . . and then saw a second figure in the cell. "What the hell?" The dark-skinned man growled, glaring at Jack as he got closer. "What are you doing in there?"
As threatening as ever, his armored hand shot through the bars and grasped Jack's coat, pulling him forward so he could see the man's face. "Who are you?" His low voice grew deeper, and Fenris' gray eyes filled with disgust. "Speak, before I rip your tongue out."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-05-2012, 04:17 AM

((Oooooh I just wanna post so bad! o - O But I'm forcing myself to wait for TearRose's response lol))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-05-2012, 03:39 PM

Codette frowned and helped Laiden to stand up. "Come on, over to the side." The woman helped Laiden lean over the railing. "Don't swallow it, it'll make you sicker. If you have to hurl just let it go, and the sea will take it away." She gently rubbed his back, trying to comfort the boy.

Suddenly she remembered something. Out of her corset she drew out a small cloth bag, opening it, she pulled out a chunk of ginger root that she had gotten back at port. She always carried a bit with her. Using her dagger, she cut a small bit off. "It doesn't take much... here chew this a bit, it'll help ease your stomach." she held the bit of plant for Laiden.

Esmme

Old 01-05-2012, 06:15 PM

((:squee: I want to reply, too! But I think it would be nice to wait a tiny bit for Tear. :sweat: We'll see how long it truly is before I cave and post anyway. *laugh*))

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-06-2012, 06:19 AM

Jack looked about realizing that he was indeed inside the cell. "huh.... yes.... alright. don't go anywhere, I'll be back," he stated and then climbed out the window only to get his foot caught on a nail that happened to be sticking out just enough. "Uh.... I seem to be stuck. Do you think you could help?" On the outside of the boat, Jack Sparrow held on for his life as the waves began to grow and the ship rock a little more violently than before. He looked down, widening his eyes and taking a deep breath to suppress the vomit feeling in his gut before looking back up. He jiggled his foot that was caught in hopes of it somehow getting loose.

Esmme

Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 AM

((*giggle* There goes Jack. . . .))

Fenris released the male . . . only to watch him climb back out through the high window. A frown darkened his features, and he glared at Scarlett. "Do you know him?" His grip on the rope tightened. He would mention the man first chance he got. Marquet would want to know about him.
That was when he shook his head and grasped the key to the door. "You're coming to the deck. I would suggest saying everything you know about the map and treasure before anything gets worse for you." His gray eyes narrowed, and he roughly caught Scarlett's wrists. The rope was rough against her skin as he bound her, taking no care to be gentle. "Your life isn't bad yet. It will be hell soon." He held her gaze for a moment, looking ready to beat her secret from her lips right then and there.

Unclasping the shackles that held her to her place, Fenris gave the rope a gentle tug that pulled Scarlett to her feet. "Move. Main deck. Now."

-

Feeling Codette help him to his feet, Joseph stared at the tossing sea before him. It wasn't a pleasant thought that the ground was far below the water. It wouldn't be easy to survive if the ship went down out here. Shivering, the teen turned his attention back to the woman beside him.
For many moments he fought the feeling of getting sick. The feel of having someone rub his back reminded him of his mother. She'd died many years prior after his family had been attacked. That was when Fenris found him. It truly did help, that bit of comfort. Sometimes it took a woman's touch to get a boy back in line. Fenris would have just ignored him. Laiden was glad to have someone who actually cared about his immediate sense of well-being.

By the time he looked back to Codette, he scented the ginger she offered to him. With a weak smile, Laiden took it. Mustering the most grateful expression he could manage, he chewed the bit of root. It certainly helped. So much so, that Joseph could relax. With a sigh, he leaned against the railing. Sending another smile full of gratitude in Codette's direction, Laiden risked a look out at the ocean again. This time his stomach felt stable enough to take it.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-06-2012, 02:23 PM

"You really think I know him?" She asked, smirking as the male climbed back out the window. Her eyes widened at his words, but then she quickly calmed herself down and smiled. "Calm down, Wonderboy. I can walk up to the deck on my own. No rope necessary.." She said, standing up and putting out her wrists. Once he had unlocked her wrists and ankles she was instantly being pulled by the rope.

She flared, giving the rope a strong tug. This of course didn't falter the mans intentions, but it made him back up a little towards her. "I'll never tell." She said, her anger turning into pain. She followed him up onto the deck, her eyes looking down at the floor at the large male pulled her along. She looked at the eyes off all the pirates staring at her, biting her bottom lip and quickly pulled her sleeves over her shoulders more. No one would be finding out that the map was tattooed to her. She glared at the male, walking over to the Mast and standing there. "Go ahead, tie me up. Beat me, starve me. But I will never tell you where that treasure is." She said, her emerald eyes growing slightly darker as she stared at Fenris.

Esmme

Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 AM

Wonderboy. The nickname made Fenris' scowl darken. He didn't release her wrists from the rope when she offered a peaceful surrender, but instead started for the main deck once again. "Just be silent," he hissed, and turned away from her. That was when Scarlett pulled the rope with a surprising amount of strength. A growl came from his dark lips as Fenris yanked her close to him, leading her out onto deck without any further delays.
He listened to her crusading martyrdom without expression on his face. When she finished, Fenris was sure to loop the rope around the mast and tighten it uncomfortably. He was sure to give the bonds an experimental tug before leaning in to speak in her ear. "All of that can be arranged."
His gray eyes turned to Marquet then. "The Blackbeard, captain." He looked ready to start punishing her then and there, honestly. Fenris met the woman's stare with his own, unwavering save for when the wind blew his pale hair into his eyes.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-09-2012, 03:49 PM

Codette leaned with her back against the railing, and her head back. "You'll get used to it eventually Laiden. I promise. And I'll help you, if you want me too." She cut a thin slice of ginger root. "This time just suck on it, it helps." Codette cut another slice, and placed this one on her own tongue.

The girl looked up as Fenris brought up Scarlett and shivered. "How does he do it Laiden. Be so heartless as to so such a thing to a girl who's only crime is being of blood relation." she whispered, sliding her dagger back into her corset.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-09-2012, 04:55 PM

Marquet smiled as the girl was brought up on deck. He was ready for a show. He sat on the barrel that was right next to the rudder and glared down at Scarlett. "Hello Miss Scarlett. If you tell us the remaining pieces of the map now i'll stop Fenris from ripping you from limb to limb." He said, his brown eyes looking soft. He stood up and waled down the stairs, going straight over to the woman. His hand caressed her face, and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Scarlett refused to let herself feel fear towards Fenris. "I know nothing of the map..I swear to you." She whispered, but when Marquet walked up to her she glared. At his caress, the beautiful woman spit at his face. At Marquets reaction the dark haired woman smiled. "Now why don't you and Wonderyboy just take me back down to my cell." She growled. She was usually a very peaceful woman.. but she hated Marquet.

When the woman spit on him he made a face of disgust, wiping his face and then smacking her. A blow that made her look down at the ground with tear filled eyes. "Have fun with her Fenris." He said, smirking at him and then heading up to his seat on the barrel. He then clapped his hands. "Begin."

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 01-09-2012, 05:39 PM

Devin had blended back into the crowd as she made her way to lean against some crates that had yet to be stowed away below deck. She was thinking over her plans for what seemed like quite some time as her eyes roamed the deck, taking in her comrades. When Fenris appeared on deck with Scarlett, Devin watched from afar as they tied her to the mast. Well shit. That wasn't in Devin's plan. If she spilled the beans now she'd have to rethink the whole scheme.

Slipping easily through the crowd with her small frame, Devin moved closer, just as Marquet slapped the girl and turned to leave. Unsure if Scarlett saw her or not, she gave her a sympathetic look that seemed to say something like, 'hold on' or 'I'm trying'. Devin turned on her heel too, following Marquet. When he stopped, she addressed him. "Captain," she started, "I think the girl would rather die than tell us where the map is. If you let that happen then we'll never find it." She needed to combat his plan. "Maybe you should trust someone else, like myself, to get close to her in a friendly manner, and find out the map in that way?"

Devin's steel gray eyes never left his as she hoped that he would trust her enough to not harm Scarlett, at least not too badly. At this point, she was still on Scarlett's side. If she could befriend her and help her to escape this ship, the two of them together would be much better off in the long run than on this ship of so many other pirates.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-09-2012, 05:51 PM

From being spit on Marquet wasn't phased by this girl trying to get him to stop the torchure. "She won't be killed. Just injured a little.. And she will tell us where the treasure is." He said, glancing at the girl. "Now stand back and enjoy the show." He said, smiling. He leaned back on his barrel, watching Blackbeard and Fenris interact. Her crime? Being related to Blackbeard. And foolishness that she could ever escape the Blackbeards curse. The males eyes seemed to glow a brighter color. He ran his hand through his hair, his eyes looking back at the pirate who questioned him. "You shouldn't care about her well being anyways." He said, giving her a look.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 01-09-2012, 06:09 PM

Devin frowned back, "I'm not concerned," she said defending herself. "I just think that killing her won't get you the map, and torturing her won't either, since she'd rather die." Devin shrugged. "But you're the captain," she mumbled with an eye roll. She watched him for a moment before raising an eyebrow. He seemed to be thoroughly enjoying 'the show'. Devin shook her head. She too was a pirate, but that didn't mean she liked seeing fellow women tortured. Although she had said she wasn't concerned, she truly felt like this man was in need of a short walk off a tall plank, picking on a helpless female.

In the next moment, Devin's hand rested on her dress as her fingers plucked at the fabric while she contemplated a mutiny. They had barely set sail so it wasn't like many of the men aboard were really on Marquet's side. If she pulled the weapon she concealed against her inner thigh on him now he wouldn't be expecting it, then she could free Scarlett and get the map for herself. The ship would also be hers. But, the chance of the men aboard wanting to follow a woman for a captain was very slim. Devin would wait to see what would happen with Scarlett next before deciding on a plan.

Esmme

Old 01-09-2012, 06:38 PM

Fenris heard the conversation going on nearby, but didn't comment. Not until she said something about Scarlett dying before giving the location of the treasure away. The male cast a glance over his shoulder to where Marquet and Devin stood. "She says that now, but how long can she really feel that way?" His gray eyes narrowed. "She's a woman. Small. Delicate." He turned back to Scarlett. "And weak."
Though as he looked at the girl, Fenris found himself at a loss. He'd never actually tortured anyone before. This wasn't . . . well, something he preferred to do. He was a beast in battle, and a great asset in fights, but he didn't touch the innocent. It was almost hard for him to recall Marquet's words as he looked at Scarlett's teary eyes.

Fenris stepped closer to her, a growl on his lips. "Watch how you treat the captain, girl." The disrespect shown to Marquet was enough to rile the male. His backhand was more than enough to turn Scarlett's head, and it left a few small lines of blood on her soft cheek. Fenris wore metal gauntlets for an advantage in battle . . . and he knew they caused enough pain to get a reaction from Scarlett. "It's hard to believe that you know nothing of the map. Your journey will not be a pleasant one unless you give us the location of the treasure."

-

Laiden took the second piece of ginger with a thankful look, carefully choosing to suck on it. That was when she spoke of Fenris. Joseph's blue eyes were wide as the broad-shouldered male brought Scarlett to the mast. He was still until Fenris backhanded the girl. Sucking in a quick breath, Laiden took a step toward the two of them. He wouldn't wish Fenris' wrath upon anyone, let alone a defenseless girl.
Looking worriedly to Codette, he seemed ready to step forth and stop Fenris. How did he do it? Simple. Fenris chose not to see the girl before him, but someone else instead. He chose to see those who wronged him; to stay truly loyal to Marquet. With a tight smile that showed more than a bit of fear, Joseph turned toward the dark-skinned male and stepped quietly toward the mast.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-09-2012, 09:07 PM

Scarlett looked up at Marquet. He simply sat there, watching her. When Fenris smacked her the girl let her head droop, cringing in pain, but she didn't dare to let a sound escape her lips. She looked up at Fenris, her eyes bloodshot. "I'm not weak." She glared. "My name's Scarlett. Not girl. You should at least know the name of the girl your beating!" She said, her voice raised.

From the blow that Fenris gave her, her white right sleeve had drooped slightly. She quickly moved her shoulder and pulled it back up. She knew they couldn't see the map unless her back was exposed. Or her body in general. The map covered most of her right side and wrapped around her body to cover a small amount of her chest, just under her breasts. So She wasn't about to let the pirates man handle her to read the map. "Go ahead. Hit me again." She growled. "Do as you wish. I'll never tell." She said, her eyes showing the passion of her decision. They;d have to break her for the information. As the blood slowly ran down her cheek she looked towards a boy that was approaching Fenris. She gave him a look of warning. He seemed to innocent to get into the mix of things.

She held her head high, her dark hair blowing gently in the wind to make the curls bounce off her shoulders and to the left of her. As the clouds started to block the sun, the sky turned gray. "Are you going to stand out here through out the storm and punish me? That'll be a sight." She said smugly.

Esmme

Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM

"Scarlett," Fenris spat the name, shaking his head. He didn't care what her name was. "We'll see how long your resolve stands." The ship tossed rather violently then; a single rock that knocked many people off balance. Fenris growled, bracing and keeping his glare locked on the Blackbeard. "I won't be the one to suffer the storm, girl." She would, though. If Marquet allowed it, she would stay out against the mast while everyone else went below deck. It would be a nightmare to stay tied to the mast during the rain and massive waves, but it would certainly do more to her than Fenris felt he could.

As he growled, stepping toward the woman again, he caught movement out of the corner of his eye. Laiden approached, giving Scarlett a look that told of his inner stubborn methods. He knew that Fenris couldn't feel right about this. Scarlett had done nothing wrong, and Fenris knew that.
"Go find a place to sit," Fenris said gruffly, turning his gaze away from Joseph. The boy stubbornly moved closer, placing himself between the two opponents. He didn't shake his head in defiance or make any threatening moves, but he stood still and kept his blue eyes on Fenris' gaze.

There was a moment when the newly falling rain was the only interference between them. Fenris then snarled, stepping forward to grab Laiden's collar. "Get back, boy." He wasn't surprised that Joseph showed no fear. Somehow the boy knew that he wouldn't be harmed. Releasing the teen's shirt, Fenris motioned to the side of the ship. "Go, Joseph!"

The dark-haired youth set his jaw stubbornly, mouthing his refusal. No. This wasn't right. He wasn't going to witness the beating of an innocent woman who's only crime was knowledge. She wasn't hiding anything that would hurt someone, hence there was no reason to beat it from her.

Fenris was at a loss. He wasn't about to hurt Laiden, yet the youth wasn't going to let him get to Scarlett. He finally reached forward and pushed the teen back the way he'd come. "This isn't your ordeal." Somehow Joseph managed to keep his footing, merely spinning around to keep himself between Fenris and Scarlett. He shook his head. Yes. It is.

Gray eyes locked with blue, and the two males stood there for many moments as Fenris tried to come up with a solution. He wasn't going to hurt Joseph. He couldn't.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 PM

The intense stand off between the two males made her emerald eyes look to the teen. He seemed to be the same age as her. Scarlett glared at Fenris over the boys shoulder. "Then let me sit in the storm alone. See what happens." She dared. She had ways of getting untied. And once she was untied, they'd see who would win this battle. She'd escape this ship somehow.

Her gratitude towards the teen showed greatly from her sparkling emerald eyes. The rain fell gently down over her, making the blood on her face turn into a lighter colored liquid that poured quickly down her face. From the sudden gust of wind the girl shivered, but never took her eyes off the males.

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-10-2012, 05:38 AM

As Captain Jack Sparrow made his escape from the small cell, he climbed his way to the deck, but hiding enough to not be seen. He peered over the railing, trying to make sure he wouldn't be seen if he were to climb over. Seeing that the coast was clear, he climbed over and stood up quickly to not look suspicious. He knew that he'd now have to be extra careful because he was already caught once.
Stepping into the crowd of men, he finally realized what they were crowding around. The blood of Blackbeard was tied up to the main post and the guy that he had ran into was beating her. At this moment, he suddenly felt sorry for the girl and even though he still wanted the treasure, he felt a greater need to get her away from these people. He walked over to the Captain making himself only noticeable to him for the time being. "Ey there, mate. Why exactly do you feel the need to hurt this poor... thing?" he asked before adding, "I know how to get to the treasure." He gave Marquet a smile.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-10-2012, 05:54 AM

Marquet looked over at the male. "Oh? Then how do you get the treasure?" He asked, smirking at the male. He ran his hand through his dark hair and looked down at Scarlett. "Fenris, keep that boy in his place." He growled, agrivated by the stand off. The male stood up. "I'm not in the mood for a scam, so if thats what your trying to do then get back to the deck." Marquet said, glancing back to Jack.

((Esmme: & TearRose: ))

Last edited by Katie Scarlett Divine; 01-13-2012 at 02:25 AM..