Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-10-2017, 01:55 AM

"Yeah, fun. Let's never do it again," she replied while still in the water. Making their way out of the water, Glaceon waited until Amaya was out of the way and close to Vanessa before shaking the water out of her fur like a canine.

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 08-10-2017, 05:00 PM

Vanessa grinned a bit.

"Come on," she said, slipping her shoes back on. "Let's get out of this cave and into the sun so we dry off."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-10-2017, 05:40 PM

Amaya nodded before recalling her Glaceon and putting her boots back on. "Sunbathing after all that...sounds like a wonderful idea," she replied before quickly catching up to her friend/partner.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 06:17 PM

"Less sunbathing and more drying off as we go," Vanessa said as she headed out of the cave. "I want to make it to town by nightfall, so I can see about begging a cot at the pokemon center." She looked at her friends. "Going to come with me?"

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-10-2017, 09:50 PM

"Of course, I mean as long as you're still okay with me and my motley crew" Amaya replied as she followed her friend out of the cave. "Um...if you're okay with me still coming with you that is," she added.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 10:03 PM

Vanessa grinned.

"Sure," she said. "As long as you're okay with my psychics." She paused when she heard something. She hadn't even quite made it to the exit of the cave yet. She held up a hand to pause Amaya as well, listening carefully. Just over the rushing of the waterfalls, she heard voices echoing.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-10-2017, 10:15 PM

"I'm fine with your psyc--" she started saying before seeing Vanessa stop and motion for her to be quiet. She swore that she could hear voices, but compared to the rush of the waterfall, it was hard to hear how many. It was also quite hard to hear what exactly they were saying. Moving close to Vanessa, she whispered, "Who do you think it is?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 10:54 PM

"I don't know," Vanessa said, heading towards the voices. They were coming to a smaller cavern off to one side. "But if they're trainers, we'd have seen them, they'd be braving the Falls like us." She didn't like the feeling she was getting, and from years of training psychics, she trusted her instincts.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-10-2017, 11:04 PM

"What do you want to do, continue shadowing them, get help or confront them?" she asked. She knew that Vanessa would have a better 'danger sense' than she would thanks to training her psychics for so long.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 11:15 PM

"We don't even know what's going on," Vanessa said, creeping forward so she could see into the cavern. She peeked into the cavern, squinting into the dim light. She could see some people moving around, and they seemed to be trying to wrap something up in a sheet or a tarp. Whatever it was, it was round, and looked rather heavy, since two people were trying to wrestle it into the wrappings.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-11-2017, 12:21 AM

"So what should we do?" Amaya asked, curious. It seemed like these people were up to no good, especially since it seemed like they were stealing something. Though what, she had no clue.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-11-2017, 12:38 AM

Vanessa just quietly gestured for Amaya to follow and crept into the cavern. She stayed near the wall, trying to avoid being spotted as she tried to get a closer look at what was going on. The rushing of the waterfalls was a bit quieter in the side cavern, but it was still loud enough to cover her footsteps and force the people in the room to shout at one another to be heard.

"Careful, numbskulls!"

"We can't damage the egg or the Boss will have our heads!"

"Hurry up, we need to get out of here quick!"

"Just wrap it up and let's get going!"

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-11-2017, 12:55 AM

Amaya did as she was told and followed Vanessa down the side cavern, staying near the wall just like Amaya was. "You hear that, right?" she whispered, not wanting to accidentally be overheard by the people shouting. Whatever they were doing couldn't be good.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-11-2017, 10:22 PM

"Yeah, I hear it," Vanessa said, nodding. Her hand went to the pokeball around her neck and tugged it off. She released the pokemon inside, and Zoroark shook itself. "Zoroark, go and see if you can scare off those people. They're up to no good and we need to stop them."

Zoroark yipped in acknowledgement and darted further into the cavern to create havoc.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-12-2017, 12:53 PM

Amaya waited as well, knowing that Zoroark could take care of it by himself. He wasn't called the Illusion Fox pokemon for no reason.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-13-2017, 09:36 PM

Vanessa watched as Zoroark darted from shadow to shadow, harassing the people. Now that her eyes had adjusted to the dim light, she could see the dark-striped white egg lying on its side on the tarp on the ground, and the red 'R' displayed prominently on the black uniforms of the four people.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-14-2017, 01:05 AM

Amaya heard Vanessa's breath hitch lightly in her throat, and she could have sworn she heard a light growl coming from her traveling companion. "Vanessa?" she whispered, wondering what was wrong, since her eyes were just starting to adjust to the dim light. She saw the egg, but she couldn't see what the people were wearing. Not yet.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-14-2017, 01:09 AM

"Rockets," Vanessa said as she watched. "They're Rockets."

She didn't move until the Rockets finally scattered and fled the cavern, dashing right past where she and Amaya were hiding. Zoroark came back to her, its job done.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-14-2017, 01:13 AM

Amaya growled lightly as she reached back and made sure that the pokeball housing her Umbreon was secure at the mention of Rockets. Seeing them fleeing for their lives because of something, she couldn't help the smirk that came to her face before seeing Zoroark coming back to Vanessa.

"...I need a Zoroark"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-16-2017, 01:00 AM

"You have an Umbreon," Vanessa pointed out as she recalled Zoroark. She ventured into the middle of the cavern, getting closer to examine the egg. Taking out her pokegear, she flipped s switch and a tiny flashlight lit up. She aimed the flashlight at the egg.

The egg was large, bigger than a lot that she had seen before. It was a sort of pearly white, with bands of dark, shimmering blue across it.

"I've never seen an egg like this before," she commented, reaching out to touch it gently.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-16-2017, 01:52 AM

"You do realize I was joking, right?" Amaya replied as she made her way to the egg as well, following close by until Vanessa turned on the flashlight, turning the dimly lit cavern just a tad brighter. She swore that she saw a light amount of sparkles coming from the egg when Vanessa shined the flashlight on it, but chalked that up to a trick of the light.

"Neither have I..." she admitted, now wondering what they were going to do. She couldn't hold on to the egg...not with six members in her party already. "What do you think we should do with it?" She asked.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-16-2017, 10:05 PM

"A lot of people aren't, when they see him," Vanessa commented. She touched the egg gently. "Well, neither of us can carry the egg in our party. But if we don't use an incubator to register it to us, maybe we can just carry it by hand? Maybe we can take it with us to New Bark Town, to the professor there. He might know what to do with it?"

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-17-2017, 03:26 AM

(Sorry for taking so long today, was playing Sonic Mania)

"...I'm sorry, I won't say that again then," Amaya replied, being truthful about that, before thinking about what Vanessa said. "I have an Incubator, granted that it was expensive as hell and I had to rough it for a while, but I bought one. If you did also, then the question is who's incubator does it go into?" she asked.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-17-2017, 01:22 PM

"I have one too, but it's registered to me so any egg I put into it is registered to my team," Vanessa said. "And I already have six on my team, so the egg would be transported home, which I don't think is the right thing to do with this one. So I was thinking maybe one of us should just carry it by hand until we can have the professor in New Bark take a look at it." She looked at Amaya. "What do you think?"

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-17-2017, 06:11 PM

"I forgot about that feature," Amaya said with a light blush. But then again, she hadn't used it in a long while. "But I think that is a good idea, switching on and off with handling the egg."