~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-25-2023, 02:33 AM

I really enjoyed reading Mob and I've only heard good things about the anime. My guy enjoyed one punch, said it made fun of the usual things in anime. He has also watched both seasons (Netflix) at least 5 times. He just puts them on as background while he plays games on his computer. Subbed too.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2023, 09:32 PM

Aaah, makes sense! One Punch Man DOES make a lot of fun of the typical tropes, which does make it really nice. And it's just a funny series. Tho I don't remember much of the second season, come to think of it... anywho. A goodie!

Two more days until my Crunchyroll subscription is renewed... I cannot WAIT to finish the two series I was watching the most. Especially Raven of the Inner Palace was an interesting one - I have two more episodes of that one to watch. Super looking forward to it!

Last edited by ReiyukaE; 02-25-2023 at 09:34 PM..

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 02-26-2023, 10:49 PM

Finishing up the last 3 episodes of YashaHime tonight. It was so much better than it had any right to be T.T

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-27-2023, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxxy View Post
Finishing up the last 3 episodes of YashaHime tonight. It was so much better than it had any right to be T.T
OH! that's really good to know, because I've been putting off starting it out of fear it would destroy my nostalgia-goggles regarding Inuyasha... nyehehehe

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 03-05-2023, 03:32 AM

I will say it starts off slowwwwww, but give it until about ep 10 and it gets so good

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-05-2023, 04:46 AM

I've heard mixed reviews about it so I was pretty scared to start it too. That is reassuring.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-05-2023, 05:42 PM

Right? On the same page as you about that, Cora. It's always so tricky to try a spin off of something you enjoyed, because it might just redcon everything.

For now, my Crunchyroll subscription has been active for 5 days and I've finished 'Raven of the Inner Palace' (REALLY good) and 'I'm the VIllainess, SO I'm Taming the Final Boss' (pretty good) and have started season two of Bofuri for now. There's SO MANY series on my 'to watch' list, tho. Whoops. Don't think I'll get around to Yashahime anytime soon.

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 03-05-2023, 06:19 PM

I've started watching something that I wasn't sure was quite my speed - but Kakegurui is turning out to be ok

---------- Post added 03-05-2023 at 01:20 PM ----------

Also! I just found out last night about Tokyo Mew Mew NEW. If you're into magical girls

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-07-2023, 08:31 PM

I loved Raven of the Inner Palace! I hope there'll be more. I saw the first novel at a bookstore recently and it has such a pretty cover. * o*

I can't believe the winter season is almost over!! The only ones I've been keeping up with are Buddy Daddies (it slowly gets better), Blue Lock (it gets gayer > u>), Digimon: Ghost Game (they finally go to the digital world!!!!!) and My Hero Academia (poor Deku...). Almost caught up with the awesome new season of Yowapeda too. * u*

I so badly want to watch the second season of Tsurune on Hidive and the new Trigun remake...

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-09-2023, 02:03 AM

Quote:
I've started watching something that I wasn't sure was quite my speed - but Kakegurui is turning out to be ok

Also! I just found out last night about Tokyo Mew Mew NEW. If you're into magical girls
Tokyo Mew Mew NEW? Is that a sequel series?

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-09-2023, 03:05 PM

It's a remake on HiDive.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-09-2023, 11:48 PM

Oh interesting :O

I mean, I never saw the original anime, but I will always have a soft spot for the manga (funny story, that was my first dive into manga. Cardcaptor Sakura was my first actual anime)

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-10-2023, 06:12 PM

Nice, I think my first anime was Pokemon or Yugioh. XD My first manga was actually Man of Many Faces by CLAMP. o:

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-10-2023, 11:52 PM

That's one of the few CLAMP series I have not read, is it any good?

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2023, 01:42 PM

Quote:

Tokyo Mew Mew was charming! Kakegurui wasn't my thing - graphically it was interesting and it was exciting, but a little bit too needlessly ecchi and a bit too...euh... Horrifying?

---------- Post added 03-12-2023 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I loved Raven of the Inner Palace! I hope there'll be more. I saw the first novel at a bookstore recently and it has such a pretty cover. * o*

I can't believe the winter season is almost over!! The only ones I've been keeping up with are Buddy Daddies (it slowly gets better), Blue Lock (it gets gayer > u>), Digimon: Ghost Game (they finally go to the digital world!!!!!) and My Hero Academia (poor Deku...). Almost caught up with the awesome new season of Yowapeda too. * u*

I so badly want to watch the second season of Tsurune on Hidive and the new Trigun remake...
Trigun is absolutely on my list of things to watch, as is Buddy Daddies. But right now I'm just enjoying some silly little isekai's. No thoughts, head empty and cute slimes.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-13-2023, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiyukaE View Post
Tokyo Mew Mew was charming! Kakegurui wasn't my thing - graphically it was interesting and it was exciting, but a little bit too needlessly ecchi and a bit too...euh... Horrifying?
I've seen both the Anime and the Live action, I enjoyed them. But this assessment is not wrong

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-14-2023, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
That's one of the few CLAMP series I have not read, is it any good?
I think the main character is sweet and adorable and the perfect son, but it is wild that he has twin moms and his love interest is so young and they act so much more mature than their age... And that he's a gentleman thief like his father (who's absent for most of the story). XD It has a place in my heart though. ; w;

I finally started Tsurune yesterday! > w< I seriously love KyoAni! Especially when they make male sports anime. XD

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-20-2023, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
I've seen both the Anime and the Live action, I enjoyed them. But this assessment is not wrong

Love that. But yeah, it's one of those things where I can objectively see all the good things about it... but subjectively I'm just nopeing out hard.

KyoAni is truly an amazing animation studio! And I had to look it up, but right, Tsurune is the one about the archery club. How are you enjoying it so far, Kent?

As for me, I'm just hovering in Isekai-land for now. Bofuri, Campsite Cooking in Another World, and The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady are what I'm currently watching~

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-20-2023, 02:37 PM

Truly! > w< I loved the first season and I'm seriously loving the second! It's delving more into their backstories and it's awesome! Such cute friendships developing too~

Oh~ I watched the first ep of Reincarnated Princess and Genius Lady. I hated the prince so much. I hope he learns a valuable lesson.... D:<

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-21-2023, 11:29 AM

Oh, not to worry, the prince definitely learns his lesson. It doesn't go the way you might think. It takes a lot of the typical tropes and gives it a bit of a twist. It's a cute GL story, tho I wouldn't say it's -good-. It is a pretty fun twist on the typical isekai tale tho. Just... too many people making dumb decisions, for my liking.

Glad you like it! It's great that they're delving into the backstories. Does it follow some of the more classical sports anime tropes? Or is it more of a subversion of them?

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-21-2023, 08:25 PM

That's good to know~ Yeah, I do feel like the mean characters are sorta forced to be dumb characters...
Do you have a fave GL anime? o: I haven't really watched much.

Uhh, I'm not sure what you mean, but I think most sports anime have to follow a certain formula, like hardships, losses, training, practice, improvement, etc. So yes? XD But we see new developments with each of the characters and we see relationships improve so I love that. Kyudo seems to be a very beautiful sport with its own traditions and customs too. There are different styles too and we were introduced to a more informal one with one of the new school teams we meet. It's really cool. I also love how they talk about how kyudo is an individual sport but there are also group competitions and your rhythm/bond with your teammates affects how well they perform(?). It's really interesting~

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-22-2023, 01:38 AM

There is too few good GL anime and manga out there. There's a mirade of good BL stuff, but the GL stuff is far and few between. There is some(Citus is looooooove ), just not as much.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-22-2023, 08:48 AM

Ahahaha, I was just about to say, "I haven't seen much - I saw Citrus and didn't love it" - sorry Cora. But yeah, I am very much in agreement that there is a very noticeable lack of good GL anime. Which is a shame, because it IS clearly a different story-telling style than you can find in BL.
A not-truly-GL but very strongly hinting-at-GL one is Sound! Euphonium. Not only is it absolutely beautiful, but it's just a fun watch.

@Kent: It sounds very interesting! Kyudo, from what little I've seen about it in other series (the manga Alice 19th had a character who was fully into it) is absolutely beautiful and interesting. So I can imagine it's super fun to learn more about it and to see the characters develop both as people and as sportsmen.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-22-2023, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiyukaE View Post
Ahahaha, I was just about to say, "I haven't seen much - I saw Citrus and didn't love it" - sorry Cora. But yeah, I am very much in agreement that there is a very noticeable lack of good GL anime. Which is a shame, because it IS clearly a different story-telling style than you can find in BL.
A not-truly-GL but very strongly hinting-at-GL one is Sound! Euphonium. Not only is it absolutely beautiful, but it's just a fun watch.

@Kent: It sounds very interesting! Kyudo, from what little I've seen about it in other series (the manga Alice 19th had a character who was fully into it) is absolutely beautiful and interesting. So I can imagine it's super fun to learn more about it and to see the characters develop both as people and as sportsmen.
I'll admit I've not seen the anime, I read the manga. But the manga was beautiful

I think because it is a very different story telling style is almost why it is lacking. Because people don't know what to do with it. Where BL has been around for ages and people are now comfortably familiar with it. (Don't get me wrong, I love me some BL too). I've read a couple attempts, but mostly they just fall flat.

Goodbye, My Rose Garden was another GL manga series I enjoyed. But that is basically all I can think of, whereas I could probably name a dozen BL titles without thinking too hard.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-22-2023, 03:17 PM

Aaah, that does probably change a lot of it! Do they maybe show things a bit more from Mei's point of view or offer more of a background? Because in the anime, she just gave me a very icky feeling for the largest time which absolutely coloured my enjoyment.

I do agree with you regarding 'not knowing how to handle it'. BL is a lot more straightforward and maybe fits the same story beats of other anime more than GL does? I should probably read/watch some more, honestly, to get a better sense of it.

Adding Goodbye, My Rose Garden to my list of things to watch. (correction: to read, since it's a manga)

And oh, of course, there's always Revolutionary Girl Utena!