Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 03:56 AM

Well this in my house right now...

And considering that you aren't legally allowed to take pictures on private property (mall flower shop or an industrial yard) I'll have to buy some flowers and bribe guards *sigh* NOPE. Just bought $20 worth of pixels here. Unless a plastic or silk flower is ok I can't join that part. And I'm not even going to consider the other one.

Psst: She(Nemo) has a DA full of awesome photos. People on DA are pretty harsh if they find out your not uploading your own stuff. In fact they ban you.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 04:00 AM

Well, I don't live in the city - I'm in the middle of nowhere... And all of my industrial photos I've taken PREVIOUSLY with no hope of getting the hand written piece of paper with my username on it....

But overall - I am just upset... And whatever. There is nothing that you can do... I get that! Whatever. Just another thing to add to my list of things that upset me right now. Mene just overall has been upsetting me and I really was looking forward to entering this contest, but I suppose it's a moot point, because right now, I'm just too upset to even want to enter anymore.

Lokinta
('•_•)/ hi.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 AM

Hey, to anyone who doesn't have flowers growing at home right now, consider visiting a local florist, museum, greenhouse or arboretum! Flowers even could be found in buildings like hotels, restaurants, and churches. I used to work in a flower shop and we felt honored when someone came in and complimented the flowers, and asked to take a photo of our arrangements. Not in excess of course. Since you won't be selling or using the photo commercially, they'll *probably* be okay with it though. Just be sure to ask permission first.
Purchasing something, even the smallest cheapest thing in the store, is a nice expression of gratitude in return. Or simply a brief conversation, a smile and bright toned "thank you!" as you go. Don't lose hope! Flowers hold such great meaning in our lives, we humans like to find ways to keep them closeby.

Lookin' forward to taking some flower photos tomorrow.. who knows, maybe can some industrial goodies too.
For now, just wanted to offer those ideas to those poor souls who are still soulbound (I pity you wholeheartedly.)

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 04:09 AM

OMG lokinta you gave me a great idea! there is an arboretum on my school's campus!

Lokinta
('•_•)/ hi.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:11 AM

Yay! I hope the idea is seen and gives hope to others too.
I really want everyone to have a chance at this one. ;u;

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertdesiert View Post
Cherry will you get upset if i try to enter with not so high quality photo that I try to improve the graphics slightly using photoshop?
You can use photoshop for stuff like that, yes. General touching up is fine, it's only a no-no if you start trying to edit in a slip of paper with your name on it, adding more flowers, stuff like that. But editing out unattractive things, adjusting colors, lighting, contrast, sharpness, that's all fine.

Regarding the industrial category, keep in mind that what you're taking a photo of doesn't have to be actually industrial. There's some exposed water pipes in my basement, and the right closeness and angle could make them look a part of an industrial machine, even though there's certainly nothing overly steampunk about plumbing. The flower category is pretty cut-and-dry in that it's just pictures of flowers, but the industrial one is very open to your own interpretation.

Nice ideas, Lokinta!

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 04:19 AM

Good, becuase I might change some things with the pixes to make the picture look better in photoshop and scale down a photo so that it looks better coming from my phone..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 04:20 AM

Exposed pipes eh? No that I think I could do...

shinigamikarasu
(^._.^)ノ

Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 04:23 AM

Yay, I finally got a camera for Christmas so I can actually enter a photo contest!

I'll have to wait until morning, though.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-16-2013, 04:33 AM

Ooooo! I have a new camera, i can do this one!!

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokinta View Post
Hey, to anyone who doesn't have flowers growing at home right now, consider visiting a local florist, museum, greenhouse or arboretum! Flowers even could be found in buildings like hotels, restaurants, and churches. I used to work in a flower shop and we felt honored when someone came in and complimented the flowers, and asked to take a photo of our arrangements. Not in excess of course. Since you won't be selling or using the photo commercially, they'll *probably* be okay with it though. Just be sure to ask permission first.
Purchasing something, even the smallest cheapest thing in the store, is a nice expression of gratitude in return. Or simply a brief conversation, a smile and bright toned "thank you!" as you go. Don't lose hope! Flowers hold such great meaning in our lives, we humans like to find ways to keep them closeby.

Lookin' forward to taking some flower photos tomorrow.. who knows, maybe can some industrial goodies too.
For now, just wanted to offer those ideas to those poor souls who are still soulbound (I pity you wholeheartedly.)
If I drove, I'd be up for any of that, but I don't drive and I live in the middle of nowhere.

Greed
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 AM

This makes me want to go and hunt down some abandoned buildings... Hm. Could make a trip out of this. Hopefully the weather clears up where I am, so I can go out without getting rained on. Haha!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 01:26 PM

Oh, this is really neat!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-16-2013, 03:31 PM

Don't know if I'll be back in time to actually enter, but I'll take some pictures just in case.
Looking forward to seeing entries too!

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 04-16-2013, 04:31 PM

oooooohhhh!!! Darnit... Pan just took a photo of flowers but there is no original photo >.<

Darn, Pan will have to look for another nice scene...

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 04:42 PM

this sounds interesting, though i just took some pics of flowers just the other day, now i will have to find some more

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 06:55 PM

Pa-Pancake and spicedroses - If you can find those same flowers again, you could take a proof photo. Though if they're out in a field somewhere, I suppose that wouldn't be too easy. Feel free to share your photo with us, though!

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 08:18 PM

How many times can we enter?

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 04-16-2013, 08:33 PM

I want to go find my camera and go for a nice walk. Maybe some of the beach plants are flowering. :3

Zombie Pixie
(。・ω・&...

Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 PM

I really want to enter...but the only flowers around here at the weeds. lol
Do dandelion's count? DX

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-16-2013, 09:07 PM

For Industrial, we're ok with rusty right? Cause when I think steampunk, I think all shiny and copper and stuff. I have some interesting rusty things around here though.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 09:08 PM

Long - Can't say I'm familiar with beach plants. I've never even been to the beach! I look forward to seeing your photo.

Zombie Pixie - They sure do! I personally like dandelions quite a lot, they're a cute little flower.

For-Chan - Rusty or shiny, either's good.

Zombie Pixie
(。・ω・&...

Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 09:13 PM

Sweet! :D
Now i just need to find the best dandelion i can!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-16-2013, 09:18 PM

Excellent. Thanks :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-16-2013, 09:23 PM

I took like 24 pictures of different areas of my basement...now to look threw and see the best ones.