For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM

It's that time again! The time where I pop out of the woodworks and make a thread. Not just any thread, but a thread for the shy folks. Pop out of the woodworks with me and let's talk about things. :D

So's life? How's the weather? What's for lunch? I'm hungry.

Last edited by For-Chan Cookie; 04-15-2013 at 07:24 PM..

Toxic Holocaust
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Toxic Holocaust

Old 04-15-2013, 07:10 PM

I'm cold and don't know what I'm doing.

D:

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 PM

Eh, I'm not sure how I'm doing - feeling kinda meh lately - and lunch... I don't know! I'm hungry too!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 07:21 PM

Hi Toxic. Hi Nemo :D

My feet are cold. We're finally getting some Spring-like weather, with sun, but it's still not really warm

I've been feeling rather meh lately myself. Mostly I've been doing boring things like working and sleeping and reading. Well, reading is interesting to me, but boring to everyone else.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 PM

Hi Cookie! My feet are cold too! It's been CRAZY warm here - like between 75 and 85, and now it's like 60! *shivers* I was getting used to the warmth! :(

I know the feeling. That's been me! Oh, what've you been reading?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 PM

Every time it looks gorgeous out, I try to go spend time out there and it's cold and I can't stay out long! x_X Stupid weather! Give me my spring!

Hobbit fanfiction XD I am a great devourer of fanfiction.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-15-2013, 07:27 PM

Same!! And I love to go out and take lots and lots of pictures!

Oh, nice nice!! =]

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 07:32 PM

Yeah. I've been taking a lot of pictures when I walk my dog. I saw the prettiest crocuses at work and meant to take their picture, but I forgot. Then the landscaping guys came out and killed them! WTF! Who kills the flowers making things pretty! Idiots!

Mmm. It's fun seeing people re-imagine things. Though as can happen in the world of fanfiction, it can get boring watching people do the same things over and over or worse, just flat out do it badly. Not everyone is made to write. I hate it when they have a really interesting premise, so interesting that I want to read it so badly, but they just fail at writing. *sighs*

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 PM

Oh, that sounds so pretty, but omg! Not coo!! :(

Yeah, definitely makes one go "Well, that makes sense, in a way." But I agree, there are definitely some poorly written ones out there. That's true! I'm the same way. I try to stick through some of them, because I love the idea... but then they just fail and I go "My inner editor is trying to kill herself. I can't do this to myself." >.<

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 07:58 PM

I noticed them because as I was walking by, I saw this really bright yellow/orange and turned, thinking it was a piece of trash. But it was these delicate purple crocuses with this crazy bright yellow/orange inside. They were really pretty. Stupid lawn guys. >:(

I know, sometimes I try to push through, but I'm not very good at ignoring the crappy bits. I stop and yell at the screen XD

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-15-2013, 08:00 PM

That is upsetting! :( You'd think that he'd be more aware of the flowers... D:

LOL! I do similar things, rather I sign at the screen instead of yelling at it. Since becoming pretty fluent in sign, I tend to use my ASL knowledge to not make too much noise when frustrated at something on my computer. :P

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM

Considering that they're paid to take care of them, yes, you'd think they'd be more aware!

You have to get the frustration out somehow! And when complaining at the screen isn't enough, then I bug my friend and tell her how awful it is. And she'll tell me to stop. But sometimes, you can't, you just need to watch the trainwreck! But she does the same thing to herself with bad tv shows and other stuff. We just like trainwrecks I guess

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-15-2013, 08:10 PM

You'd think so - some people just don't see the beauty in life... that's for sure! :(

Oh, totally do have to! Even when it's not horrible, I still find myself signing, in frustration, at shows and whatnot. Could be sometimes it helps keep things interesting. Knowing that things will go downhill yet you just can't stop watching. >.< Or reading... or whatever it is that's happening.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM

Yeah.

And the weirdest part is that people are still enjoying it and raving about how awesome it is when you're sitting there scratching your head going "That doesn't make sense!" or "That is so out of character!" or whatever else the complaint is. I realize that we all like different things, but I often wonder about people.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM

Cookie: Omg! Yes! And then going "Wait... How can you find sense in this jumble of craziness that makes no sense what so ever." O.o Makes me laugh sometimes!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 08:24 PM

It makes me shake my head more often than not. People are going to like what they like. As with food, music, tv, movies, all that. But it can still be a headscratcher. I mean, sometimes you want something cheap or cheesy or silly or weepy. Sometimes I deliberately order a Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza because I want shitty cheesy pizza. Sometimes I will read a fic that sounds really out there just because. But I don't pretend it's the best stuff ever yanno.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-15-2013, 08:25 PM

Yeah, I can totally understand that - it's just that you don't want it like all the time. Just every so often. Sometimes you want something that you can laugh at and just find humor in the utter silliness of it all. At least that's what I'm getting.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 08:32 PM

Yeah. Sometimes you need a little badness or mediocrity in your life. Like when people get together to laugh at bad movies. We rented "Nazis from the Center of the Earth" one night. It was soooooooooooooo horrible. So bad! My cousin and I were crying laughing it was so bad.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-15-2013, 08:33 PM

At least you were able to find humor in the badness of it. ^_^

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 08:39 PM

It was such an awful movie. We had to make our own jokes just to get through. There were the afore mentioned Nazis who were actually zombie nazi things that stole people's skin to keep living? And Hitlers frozen head was revived with stem cells and attached to a robo-body. There was also a Nazi UFO. You had to laugh, otherwise you'd just be traumatized by it.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 PM

Wait... what?! Haha omg, that sounds pretty crazy and ridiculous!

Rad Lionheart
(ó㉨ò)
Send a message via AIM to Rad Lionheart Send a message via MSN to Rad Lionheart

Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 PM

Have no fear, your friendly neighbourhood Rad is here!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 PM

It was so ridiculous and bad and more ridiculous!

Oh goody gumdrops. A Rad has appeared! *shoves him in a pokeball*

Rad Lionheart
(ó㉨ò)
Send a message via AIM to Rad Lionheart Send a message via MSN to Rad Lionheart

Old 04-15-2013, 09:49 PM

*Is shoved into a pokeball* :I

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 PM

You can't fool me. You like it!