LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 AM

Yeah it reminds I have to study for an accounting test and finish a project. Good luck with your studying ely.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 04-17-2013, 12:53 AM

Ugh, long day at work. The guy who leaves at 4 and usually stays late to help us get stocked up and ready for closing left before doing much to help us. Saying that one of the managers told him to go. Which was a lie. The guy I close with asked the manager and the manager said "no, I didn't tell him to go home" Which we believe the manager because every Tuesday this manager will come to check the one guy out and ask the guy I close with if there's anything else we need to do to get stuff ready for closing and so we're not there till 5.30pm. Of course we could have needed this guy to help us a bit because the guy I close with and I were there until 5.45. I worked almost 6 hours today. Ack.
Not complaining about that. Money is always welcome. But, we had more to do than we're supposed to have to do when we close. ^^"

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 04-17-2013, 01:15 AM

Well that sucks I just drove an hour to get my hair cut with my friend and the place was closed :(

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 AM

aww that's too bad you weren't able to get your hair cut.

Sometimes I wish I didn't get it so short like I did because it's a pain to deal with at work. My hat doesn't stay on right. But, I'm getting used to it. ^^ Plus I am happy I dyed it so ^^

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:25 AM

Thanks, Otaku. Good luck on yours as well. :)

I just wanted to drop in. I have to keep studying. I will be around more on Friday. >.>

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-17-2013, 01:29 AM

Yeah, same. I'll be around a little during the week, but probably will do the bulk of posting over the weekend.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 AM

Okay I am kinda in and out, she may come over for me to dye her hair with some black.
I like my purple but it's a little basic, just purple and black, and it's all very dark I would like a brighter purple and was going to put some periwinkle in on the tips but :(
oh well I try to go another day.

I have to keep my hair long because otherwise it just poofs like a mushroom, but I would like a little trim and my bangs back.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-17-2013, 01:35 AM

I did my own bangs once and they came out fine. :) You could probably do that yourself if you were so inclined.

Me I have moods where I want to just chop all of my hair off. I always have to stay away from salons during those periods.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-17-2013, 01:39 AM

I have actually gotten a TON of video's on trimming and cutting my own bangs, trimming is no problem but I want fluffy side bangs and I think I have to do something fancy to make them fluff and I 'm not sure what it is. I think it could either be A. cutting with a razor or B. Round brush and a blow dryer.
But I'm not about to experiment with a razor on my hair.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-17-2013, 02:06 AM

YEah, I wouldn't either

Eh, I don't trust myself with doing my own hair, so, I go an dget it cut. Especially since I like my hair a certain way. I also can get help from friends by helping them at the same time. ^^

ElysiumFate

Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 AM

I'm guessing that it's probably both, Birdie. My stylist cuts my bangs with a razor every time and I had to blow them out with a round brush to get them fluffy, as you so put it. XD

Bound Birdie

Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 AM

lol yeah I can do the round brush but I am not really sure on the razor, I feel like I wouldn't be able to place my cuts well with it, plus I'm not even sure about the angle or anything sooo yeah I'll go to the school, it's only ten bucks it;s just that they weren't open when there hours said they would be.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-17-2013, 06:11 AM

That's lame. Hopefully they weren't having an emergency. :p

I've watched the stylist razor my hair several times but I doubt I could do it correctly, especially the first go round.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 AM

uh nooo lol I think it was more it was the july shot in that 4 seasons thing you just showed me and no one wanted to stay XD
that is one of the problems of it being a school, if it's so slow that no one wants to stay for there "hours" they can just kinda leave and if most of the students go the teachers are just like, no one for me to watch!

ElysiumFate

Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 AM

You lost me on the july shot thing. o.o

Well, I guess they might as well leave if it isn't busy, but that probably loses them a lot of business if they do it too often.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-17-2013, 06:48 AM

Well it would help if I could remember what thread I'm in
The 4 Seasons of Seattle Weather - The Oatmeal
it was all sunny and beautiful like the summer/july panal XD

but anyways I think I'm going to call and make an appointment tomorrow and ask about there hours and such. I've gone there a few times and never had to much trouble. So I was really upset to take a friend and see no one :(

jupiter
inactive account

Old 04-17-2013, 07:40 AM

For a shorter cut, I think a few have used a razor on my hair, but I'm not fond of it being used just willy-nilly.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 AM

yeah seems like one of those things it would be WAY to easy to go over board on.
SO Meh maybe I will just do some normal angle bangs on my own and a little trim.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 PM

I think I have had them use a razor or something to thin my hair out. I'm going to go before the major part of the summer to get my hair trimmed and thinned out because it'll help with the summer. And less hair to get crappy when I go in the pool.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 PM

I could see that, to thin my hair they will use these really odd scissors that are like a bunch of teeth cut out I guess is how I could describe it. They run it through the back and just take out a few random sections that are super tiny all over so you can't really see it but it takes out a lot of weight.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 PM

I don't let hairdressers thin out my hair anymore. At some point they stopped knowing how to do it properly and the last few times I had it done it was quite painful. Plus it just made my hair have more flyaways. So I deal with the weight and get a shorter haircut if anything.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-18-2013, 12:08 AM

@Birdie: That's it! That's what they do for me. The girl who cut my hair this time didn't do that because I still have to be able to keep my hair back somehow while I'm at work. But, once school lets out and it's around June, I'll go and get it trimmed and thinned out and then re-dye my hair for the summer.
And go and buy a little bit of shampoo and conditioner for when I go in the pool. ^^"

Bound Birdie

Old 04-18-2013, 12:11 AM

Sounds like they cut in to high in your head. They really shouldn't start doing it until past the shoulders. It's more or less where my first layer starts and I don't have much taken, but I can get such a rat's nest in the back of my head where my curly hair meets the straight hair on top that I try to get rid as much of that area as I can without it looking like it. Plus that is another thing I like about the school. The teacher is right there and if they try to cut to high or something the teacher is like *snatch scissors* I've only had that once though XD Rather then when I went to a salon and the lady was so concerned with something other then my hair (really her mean boss that just yelled at her so I felt bad/awkward as it was) but yeah she paid no attention to how I said I wanted it.

---------- Post added 04-17-2013 at 03:13 PM ----------

Oh man the pool does kill my hair, I hate to say it because I am sure my park hates it but I always leave conditioner in it to protect it a little before I go in XD

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 AM

I have friends who are hairdressers, and one used to work at a beauty supply store. Wish I had bought the one she was talking about a few years ago. WOuld have gotten it discounted. Oh well. Another friend of mine told me of a product to use that is a store brand that works just as well.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-18-2013, 12:24 AM

Store brands are almost always pretty much the same thing. Walgreens sunscreen is made by Hawaiian Tropic, there skin care by Neutrogena, sometimes it's a little milder, or doesn't have fancy dyes or perfumes which sometimes is even better.
I don't know if I could ever use one myself just because of the placement where I want it used but I think they sell them at Sally's beauty supply if you have those out there.