Metempsychosis
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-19-2009, 11:39 PM

Adella had absolutely no idea what to think about this school or what she was supposed to do. She felt very out of place and confused - which was a bit ironic, really. She stayed where she was, simply watching everyone with hooded eyes, wondering what to do.

flamingcatdemon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-20-2009, 03:55 AM

Take sighed and stood on the edge of the roof. He turned and waved at Gene before dropping off the roof backwards. Take smiled as he plunged toward the ground, he loved doing this. A wave of black washed up to meet him just before he landed, embracing him like so many pillows. Filled with jello.

icekat311
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-20-2009, 03:58 AM

Gene smiled and laughed, "Thats pretty cool kid," He flew down behind Take. Landing next to him. "Hey there little one," He said to the latest arrival

Country_Bella_Rose
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Country_Bella_Rose

Old 04-20-2009, 02:10 PM

((OMG... I'm so sorry guys.... my computer has been acting up and crashing and crapola.... I just wiped it this weekend. HOORAY REFORMAT!!! T___T))

Jezebel smiled at it all. This was going to be a fun place. She walked out the door, following the new girl with the green eyes. She saw here staring at what was going on outside and laughed to herself. Walking over to the girl, she waved and called out, "Hey! I'm Jezebel, this is crazy isn't it?" She was smiling thinking about all the times she'd had to stand up for herself. She looked around the school grounds and saw two other boys with.... someone who looked a whole lot like her brother, CJ. Luckily, he was looking the other way, for now.

Christopher smiled at Zake and Caleb. "Ok, lets go. If he's anywhere as cool as you guys, this is going to be awesome!" He smiled at the guys and wondered what other kinds of students were going to be at this school. Just then, he saw some guy jump off the roof and catch himself in a huge puddle of black.... stuff? He looked at Caleb and Zake. "Woah! Did you guys see that?" He was amazed at the talents of these people. "Holy crap! Who's the guy with the wings?"

flamingcatdemon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 PM

Caleb smiled.
"That would be the headmaster. I'm not sure who the emo guy is... must be a new student... or teacher..."

icekat311
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-20-2009, 07:24 PM

"Hey guys I found us a shadow teacher. Yeeehaw." Gene flew around the building once before landing next to christopher, "Hey there you wouldn't happen to have a sister would you?" He smiled at him.

Katel turned to the girls, "So wanna get to know every one.?" She smiled and rocked on her heels.

Zake glared at the headmaster, "You pry to much. What's it matter anyway?"

flamingcatdemon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-20-2009, 08:03 PM

Take walked over and waved at the assembled kids.
"You students?"

Caleb's smiled visibly cracked and his face twitched as he tried to set it back in place.
"Um, no. Zake and I are teachers, and Christian is a new student."

Take snorted.
"He looks older than you though."

Caleb sighed.
"He is, it's just a matter of experience. I'm not here to learn, my power is mastered."

Take covered his mouth with his hand, suppressing laughter.
"Mastered?! A power is never 'mastered' each day you can learn something new. And what can you do that's so special anyway?"

Caleb's eyes flashed red, his anger mounting, Caleb lifted his arm slowly until his outstretched hand was pointing at Take.
"You're lucky I cant change forms unless it's an emergency."
Caleb snapped his fingers, the sound echoing off the school building.

The shadows around Take reflexively made a shield around his body and in the blink of an eye Take was surrounded by a ball of ice. Take's eyes widened as Caleb dropped his arm and smiled. Take dropped the shadows but the ice remained.
"Hey! Reverse it! how am I supposed to get out!?"

Country_Bella_Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-20-2009, 10:17 PM

Christopher just stared at the headmaster. "I do, but how would you know that? I never told anyone after our parents kicked me out. She probably didn't even cry." He glared at the headmaster. How dare he bring that witch into this. She hadn't even tried to stop their parents. She was just as guilty as them. His body began to glow and flicker faintly, as if a candle were shining nearby. The more he thought about that day, the bigger the flames got until he was engulfed in a flame so hot it was dangerous to stand near him.

icekat311
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-21-2009, 03:21 AM

Zake started trying to calm the boy, "Hey kid I bet she did something tells me she did. She was probably real little and scared you know." He was met with a large wack on his chin from Gene.

Gene sighed and appologized to the boy. "I'm sorry kid I didn't mean. It's just this girl looks a lot like you. She arrived not to long ago. I didn't know." He was flustered and frustrated, he didn't know how to calm the little fireball down.

Metempsychosis
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-21-2009, 04:17 AM

Adella slowly moved into a prepared stance, her feet slightly parted and her palms open at her sides when she heard someone coming. Nevermind that she waved and introduced herself. Everyone here seemed to be tossing their powers about like it was some big game and it disturbed her. Adella was pleased to note Jezebelle appeared normal - but then again so did the guy who'd just fallen into what looked like solid shadow and the guy who'd just burst into flame.

This place seemed mentally unstable at its very core. Where were all the teachers? Was she really supposed to believe that kids her own age were going to be her superiors? Control over their power notwithstanding, they were still just kids! She shook her head and smiled grimly at Jezebel.

"This goes well beyond crazy, Jezebel." She stated, her posture relaxing just enough to seem as though the stance was perfectly natural to her. In a way, it was. Turning her focus back on everyone else - not moving an inch closer, thank you very much - she added, "Maybe....I'm better off going back home." Her words finally betrayed her true nervousness. The truth was, everyone here seemed entirely proud of their powers. Some of them even seemed to be...well, showing off a bit.

Adella was not proud of her ability. She hated it. It was a curse, no matter what her grandparents or father said. There were times when she liked it - times when it was worth having - but those were private moments. The real fact of the matter was, she'd come to this school in the hopes of finding people who understood what that was like. She thought the people here would understand her in a way her family didn't - however much they loved her.

But even here, she was an outcast. It was kind of depressing, actually.

flamingcatdemon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2009, 04:30 AM

Caleb sighed and snapped his fingers again, causing the ice ball to shatter and evaporate.

Take glared at Caleb and then walked over to greet the new people. One girl was regarding all of them with an almost hostile posture until she forcefully relaxed herself into a more natural position. Take chuckled and put his hands in his pockets.
"I've seen that look before. Many times. You're going to have a very hard couple of years ahead of you, because until you come to accept yourself, all of yourself... You'll never be able to accept anyone. Let alone master your ability."

Caleb's patience was waning.
"Enough of this."
With a downward motion of his right hand the air around Christian crackled and froze. The fire emanating from Christian's body melted the ice and the resulting wash of water soaked Christian from head to toe, dousing the flames. Caleb walked forward, his already tall frame seeming taller as he looked into Christian's eyes.
"I may be a year younger than you, but what I also am is in control of myself. Something you are obviously not, Someone with a fire ability especially must always strive to control their anger... but that is why you came here, yes?"

Metempsychosis
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-21-2009, 04:39 AM

Adella looked at the shadow wielder blandly. "I am well aware of that wisdom." She responded quietly. "It is an old one, well taught in my family." Her position did not change, but the hostility in her eyes abated a bit. Right up until she saw the ice worker use his powers on yet another person. Then her lips just narrowed.

"This school," she stated softly, "Will either be something very good, or its going to turn out to be a living nightmare."

flamingcatdemon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2009, 05:00 AM

Take chuckled.
"Perhaps, but such words are tainted by your self loathing."
Takeru motioned to the school building and those gathered around it.
"This is something new, something born of this age of tolerance. Though complete tolerance of our abilities is something in the far future, at least we need not fear being burned at the stake for witchcraft."
Takeru looked back at Adella.
"All of us have come from different backgrounds. Therefore you should not scoff at their play. This is the first time most of them have been able to use their powers freely around others."

Metempsychosis
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-21-2009, 05:24 AM

Adella couldn't help it. She grinned at him. "Once again you assume I don't already know that." She shook her head, red curls bouncing, but her smile remained. "You also assume to know more about me then you do, stranger." Something flashed behind her eyes, and her smile turned mildly sinister. Suddenly, she sounded and seemed far more adult then she had any right to be. "There's more at play with me then simple self hatred. Here is my wisdom for you, tall son of shadows; it is wise not to assume anything about me." Then, instantly, as if a switch had been flicked, the expression vanished and she giggled, sounding a little younger then her true age. "I'm not scoffing. That's for old people."

Shaking her head again, she looked passed to the others. "Your words make sense - freedom is a rare thing with these cu--gifts. I guess for them, it makes sense to want to show them off - let loose their secrets and explore things." She shrugged. "But for me, I can't. I can't just...play with my powers. So...." She looked up at him, grinned, and gave him the peace sign. "Looks like I'm the odd-ball again!"

flamingcatdemon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2009, 07:40 AM

Takeru smiled.
"Ahhh, your words ring true, there is more to you than meets the eye. But on one account you are wrong."
Takeru leaned in close and whispered.
"When I said I have seen that look many times, I refer to what I used to see when I gazed in the mirror. I assume nothing, Words are words, but body language and posturing are seldom misread. They tell me all I need to know about what you feel."
Takeru smiled and began to walk away before turning back to say one last thing.
"Actually one of my statements is a little off, words may be words but they still hold power. The power to bind oneself and others, and also the power to free them. To say I'm the oddball again may seem innocent, but it creates a thread that binds you. Say such things too often and you will always be the outsider, the one looking in. Your own words will have robbed you of the strength to do otherwise."
Takeru began to walk back to Gene and the others and sighed. I've been spending far too much time with that old coot, I'm even starting to talk like him. Since when do I dispense wisdom!?

Metempsychosis
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 AM

Adella's response to his leaning close was a sharp eyed glance and a slight shift that would have made it terrifyingly easy to snap out her leg in a sharp kick, but she listened nonetheless. Lowering her own voice, she responded, "Mirrors can deceive. You may see something in me that reminds me of yourself, and it could be there is a resemblance. But there is a difference between resemblance and reflection." She paused, then added, "I don't hate myself as much as you seem to think - nor my powers." Why she even felt the mildest need to explain anything to this nameless stranger she wasn't entirely sure.

At his parting words, she gave a cheerful grin. "You sound like an old man, biggie."

Once he was out of earshot, she commented to herself, "That boy is waaaaaaay to darn tall." She sniffed a bit, crouching down to the ground and lightly waving a palm over the grass he had stood on. The flattened and crushed stems lifted and reset themselves, making her smile a bit before she pulled her hand back to her side. She would stay here, she supposed. Just as it was unwise to assume about her - it was unfair for her to make an assumption on this school. Blinking at the grass, she snorted slightly, some of her usual temperament returning as she mumbled with pure, childish sullenness. "There. I played."

Country_Bella_Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM

Jezebel watched as the wary girl and the shadow boy talked. She seemed to be relaxing a bit, which was good, she supposed. Jezebel watched as she leaned down to examine the grass the boy had just left. As she waved her hand over it, what was she doing? And did the grass just stand back up? Jezebel looked at the girl with a puzzled look on her face. "Sorry for prying, you don't seem comfortable here as it is, but.... What did you just do?"

Christoper shook himself and glared at Caleb. "Thanks. I could have handled it. Now I'm soaked. And I never said I had more control than you, in fact, I said just the opposite. And yeah, the anger is an issue. Thanks for pointing it out." He grumbled to himself for a while, pissed off at his soaking wet clothes. Then he thought for a minute. "Ok, look, I'm going to try something, but it might get a bit out of hand. Don't soak me again, ok?" He thought about how the headmaster had mentioned his sister and his skin, or rather the air around him, began to flicker again. His clothes and his hair dried out, and he immediately thought about how sweet Caleb had looked with his wings and Zake with his scythes. The flicker faded, and he was back to normal, and totally dry. "There. See, I can control it if I concentrate really hard. Happy?" Then he remembered the headmaster had said a girl who looked like him was here. "Wait, you said there's a girl here that looks like me? Where?"

icekat311
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-21-2009, 05:26 PM

Gene smiled at the group and then turned his attention to Christopher, "Yeah she's over here. comeon." He started to lead the way then stop turned and put an arm around the boy's shoulder, "No I'm not a creeper relax. This is how I was introduced to the class after what happened wings and all. though that ended badly this won't. I hope." He had a small frown for a moment that slowly became a smile as they approached Jeezabel.

Zake saw the girl who was sad and was intrigued. He ran to her side and plopped next to her, "So I'm Zake true form of a Vampire from the novels. I'm a teacher here, oh of power control if i can do it right. You?"

Katel watched as the emo boy walked around talking all smart like. She thought for a moment the lifted her skirt so she didn't trip then ran to stand next to the boy, "Hello there. I'm Katel Ice powers and Transfiguration. I liked your speech." She smiled at the young man.

flamingcatdemon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2009, 09:57 PM

Take laughed and scratched the back of his head.
"Yeah, for the last year I've been living with my grandfather in his temple. He dispenses wisdom like a gumball machine."

Country_Bella_Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-22-2009, 12:28 AM

Christopher let Gene lead him over to the girl. She was looking down at another girl who seemed to be playing with the grass or something. As they got nearer to the girl Christopher thought she looked vaguely familiar. The closer he got, the faster his heart beat. He could see her clearly now. No doubt about it, that was Jezebel. He stopped in his tracks, and couldn't get his feet to move another inch. He barely got out, "Yeah. That's her." He was so shocked to see her. So many feelings washed over him all at once. The air around him was probably kind of warm, but not on fire.

Jezebel heard people approaching and looked up. As soon as she saw Christopher she started crying. Her hand flew to her mouth and for a brief moment she considered running. Here was the brother she hadn't seen in 5 years. Her brother who had been her best friend He was alive and he was here. She wasn't sure what to do, there was so much to say to him, but what if he didn't want to hear it? She hadn't stopped her parents. Hadn't even tried. As she watched, he stopped dead in his tracks. Oh god, he hates me. She took three steps forward and stopped. "CJ?"

When Jezebel said his name, Christopher shuddered. He was crying too, but you couldn't tell because the warmth around him was drying the tears just as they fell. He looked at his sister standing there crying and couldn't help it. He wanted to be mad at her. He really did, but he just couldn't. Seeing her cry like that, about him, broke his heart. Suddenly, he was able to move again. He ran to her and pulled her into a huge hug. "Jez... I missed you. Stop crying, it's ok. I'm alright. Tell me everything." He pulled back just a bit and smiled at his sister. "Wait... why are you here?"

Jezebel half ran the last few steps to her brother and burst into real tears when he pulled her into a hug. All she could manage to stammer out was, "I missed you too." When he asked her why she was there, she just smiled through the tears and stepped back. She opened her hand and held it up to him so he could see the ice crystals forming on it. "I guess I'm kinda like you... but not." She smiled weakly at her brother, and walked back into his waiting hug. "I'm sorry about ... you know. I didn't know what to do, and you know how they don't listen. Anyway, they kicked me out too, I heard about this place, and here I am."

Christopher watched as his sister's hand turned to ice. "Well, it looks like you can control yours better than me." He smiled at her, and now that he had calmed down a bit, the air around him had gone back to normal. He hugged her hard and said, "let's not talk about it. It doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is that we're together again." He gave her one more hug and taking her hand turned to Gene. "Um... yeah... she's my sister." He smiled a little goofy at the headmaster.

Metempsychosis
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-22-2009, 01:34 AM

Adella twitched slightly when Jezebel addressed her, raising to her feet in time to see the winged boy leading the fireball guy over to them. "I didn't do anything, really. Just played around a little." She smiled at Jezebel, rolling her shoulders in a shrug. Then she watched as Jezebel and the fireball guy...they seemed to be having some sort of reunion.

Refusing to interrupt something like this, Adella moved swiftly away. Such scenes weren't her business, after all - and it seemed rude to watch. Unsure of what to do or where to go, she angled automatically for the tall shadow-weaver and the cat-eared Katel. They were the only ones who had actually addressed her here so it was just - made sense.

flamingcatdemon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-22-2009, 01:55 AM

Caleb was feeling mischievous so he decided to search through the magic supplies. He came across a bag full of red powder labeled bloodstone.
"Hmmmm..."
Caleb flipped through Magical minerals A-Z until he found bloodstone.
"Ah, here it is... uh huh... bla bla bla... used for centuries to cure blood diseases..."
Caleb stopped, his finger hovering over a particular passage.
"Oh my, primarily used as a powerful aphrodisiac in vampiric societies, it's powdered form is known to be twice as potent..."
Caleb looked at the bag, grinning widely.
"Oh, this is gonna be fun."

icekat311
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-22-2009, 02:33 PM

Zake shuttered a moment and his hand flew to his neck were Caleb had drunk his blood, "What is wrong and since when did that happen?" He asked himself questioning what his mind was thinking about. Or maybe i can sense when caleb is gonna do something kinda stupid or smart maybe.

Katel waved at her, "Hey there Adella," She turned to take a moment, "what was your name I'm pretty sure i missed it." She returned her attention to Adella, she tried to put out her right hand but it kinda didn't move, she cursed again and put out her left hand inviting Adella into the cirlce.

Gene just nodded his knowledge for these things was uncanny. "Hey all better now kids." HE smiled at the siblings.

flamingcatdemon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-22-2009, 07:13 PM

Take bowed.
"Takeru yoshitomo, but you can call me Take."

Caleb walked out of the kitchen area holding bottles of fruit punch, he handed the first bottle to Zake and turned away shouting.
"Anyone want some refreshments? We have punch!"

Country_Bella_Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-22-2009, 09:17 PM

Jezebel looked up at her brother and smiled. "What a crazy place this is huh? I'm gonna go talk to that girl that was just here." When she heard Caleb shouting about refreshments, she changed course and headed toward him. "Um hi. Sure, I'll have some I guess."

Christopher saw Caleb holding a bunch of bottles of punch and started wondering. He seemed like he'd have way more then just handing out punch up his sleeve, but hey, you never know. He watched his sister walk over to get some and decided just to leave it alone. He walked over to where the cat girl, shadow kid, and the other girl were. "Hi guys. I'm Christopher. What's up?"