silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-01-2009, 07:53 PM

Thorn was one of the last people on the bus. she saw people showing off their powers, but she wasn't sure if she should. She was still unstable... she realised that some people were looking at her and saw that her hands had little balls of psychic power in them. She quickly calmed herself and walked quickly away.

Palmoun
I miss it here, send a message t...

Old 07-01-2009, 09:47 PM

The eagle pecked at Ivan's ear and pointed to Thorn who looked nervous. Ivan smiled and walked over to her. "hey you look like you could use some company now." he said as he smiled at her. He liked being around her since she seemed nice but she didn't talk alot and he wanted to get to know her better.

Last edited by Palmoun; 07-01-2009 at 09:55 PM..

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 PM

at least he's making an effort. Reward it, be friendly. She tried to get rid of the little voice. She didn't trust it much. She tried to ignore everything it said, but she said "Where do new people go?" She considered herself in high esteem.

Palmoun

Old 07-01-2009, 10:39 PM

Ivan smiled "I think we head to the gym." he said with a smile and looked at her. He hoped that he was right but they had to go to the gym to be sorted.

opalistic8
The artist in training ;)

Old 07-02-2009, 01:30 AM

Ben overheard Ivan and Thorn, and turned away from the tree. Lifting his hand to point in the direction he guessed was the gym, he said loudly, "Let's go!!"

A laugh reached his ears. "I'm affraid you're pointing in the wrong direction, Mr Harper."

Ben spun around to find himself staring at a tall, strict-looking woman with short, black hair and sparkling green eyes. She wore loose, white clothes that made her look even taller and thinner, and made her black hair stick out. This must have been, without a doubt, Principle Powers.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-02-2009, 03:33 AM

As soon as the principle's voice reached him, Damien quickly shoved on his gloves. Unfortunately, the old teacher had informed the principle about him...or, she had to, in order to get him enrolled. Still, that must've made some sort of impression on the lady, since it's not often a teacher had to enroll a student for the school instead of the usual parent/guardian-student process. So now he had to be careful around the strict-looking woman...he couldn't risk bad impressions, not while he was still a student (and a very new one at that) under the laws of the school.

opalistic8

Old 07-02-2009, 04:24 AM

After a brisk look around to make sure most of the other students had gathered, she set off in a brisk pace towards the gym. The other students milled around behind her. Ben glanced at his friends, waiting for them to come.

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-02-2009, 11:46 AM

Thorn saw the lady, and she knew that must be the principal. just don't show your power until you are in the gym. Build it up and then slowly let it out. The voice said. The voice had a point. It seemed to know the best on how to use her powers, with a few major exceptions. It came when she got her powers, so there was probably a link. She saw Ben walking to the gym, she wanted to be by people she knew right now.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-02-2009, 12:14 PM

Damien sauntered over to the gym after he saw that most of the newbies had gone. He'll look for some fun later, he had a whole semester to do so. For now, it's best if he just focused on the sorting. He walked in through the door, ignoring the looks he got for his peculiar way of dressing. Instead, he stuck his hands into his pockets and strolled over to the group arrogantly and confidently, as if daring any of them to try anything against him. The gym was pretty large, and there was no sign of Coach Boomer just yet. So for now, it would be safe for a few little...scuffles.

Palmoun

Old 07-02-2009, 03:11 PM

Ivan smiled and took Thorns hand and ran after Ben and everyone. "coem one we dont want to be left behind" he said as the Eagel flew next to them as he ran. He didn't want to miss anypart of being in this place.

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 PM

"Whoa!" She did not expect physical contact. She just allowed herself to follow him. When they got there, she saw the boy with the weird suit there, along with a bunch of other newbies. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

opalistic8

Old 07-03-2009, 12:26 AM

(I'll take the part of the principle and Coach Boomer for now, but anyone who wants a turn can go ahead ^^)

The principle reached a stand at the front of the gym, and waited for silence from the students. When it finally said, she stretched her arms and smiled in welcome.

Quote:
"Welcome, students, to Sky High. I am Principle Powers, the head of this academy for super heroes. Here we will instruct you on how to use, moniter and control your powers, no matter what they may be. Please pay attention to the school's rules, and you'll be completely fine. Enjoy your time at Sky High! Comets, away!!"
With that, the principle burst into a ball of bright, white light, which drew gasps and exclamations from the surrounding students. As the principle whisked away over their heads, a platform in the middle of the gym was being raised up. On top of this platform was Coach Boomer.

(I don't remember Boomer's speech, so if anyone does do you wanna do the honors? ^^; )

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-03-2009, 03:08 AM

(I don't remember his speech either, all I remember was that it had been pretty long o_O Think we should just skip it?)

Wow, Damien thought, wonder what her power is? The old teacher certainly had been pretty mysterious, she wouldn't tell him much about the other staff's powers except for Boomer, whom she hadn't liked due to his habit of 'raising his voice a little' whenever conversation got heated. Being able to turn into a comet certainly is interesting. Maybe it had something to do with moving at a great speed?

opalistic8

Old 07-03-2009, 03:31 AM

(Hmm, that's probably a good idea... o.O; Okay, Coach Boomer: Yadda yadda yadda BOOM yadda yadda yadda BOOM yadda yadda BOOM, and he's done ^^)

Coach Boomer glanced around at the students, trying to single out the one that looked the most nervous. He picked one out immediately.
"You, girl who looks like she's about to puke, up here, now."

(that means Thorn by the way :P)

Palmoun

Old 07-03-2009, 03:41 AM

Ivan smiled at Thron "go on, you will do great" he said with a smile. He couldnt wait to go up but yet he felt like he was also about to puke.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-03-2009, 03:42 AM

(:rofl: @ Coach Boomer's 'speech' :XD)

Damien watched as Boomer scanned the crowd with narrowed eyes. So apparently they won't be called up onto the platform by name but by impression they made on the Coach instead. Well, that's nice. He wished they weren't all gathered in the middle of the gym; he would've liked a wall or something to lean again and make himself inconspicious (not that that would be easy, what with his mask and outfit...) while the Coach boomed out for Thorn.

(Um...it's been a while since I watched the movie and I kinda forgot...what happens to the students who get sorted? Do they stay in the same room or do they go somewhere else while the rest get sorted?)

opalistic8

Old 07-03-2009, 04:01 AM

(xD
They stay in the gym and show their powers, and that's pretty much it... then Boomer if he thinks you're up to it will either call for a rusty old car to be dropped on you (to test your power's strength and speed) or have you chucked off the platform at a high speed (to see if your power makes you fly). If he thinks you're of a sidekick level, he'll make fun of you... then you just jump off the platform and he goes onto the next person.
*looks up* Ooh, I wrote a lot o.O)

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-03-2009, 04:06 AM

(lol, so that means that they stay behind even after they're sorted? And I remember the car and spring-thing xD It was funny and I was impressed with how fast that kid-whose-name-I-forgot moved to flatten himself on the ground when the car came crashing down...)

opalistic8

Old 07-03-2009, 04:12 AM

(Well, I think they all stay... I'm not sure o.O And yeah, that was like my favourite part of the whole movie xDD)

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-03-2009, 04:17 AM

(Yeah, especially that part where he screamed, "Are you trying to kill me?!!" xDDD

...Oops, I'm getting sidetracked here xD I'll stop now and wait for silverkitty now :P)

opalistic8

Old 07-03-2009, 05:03 AM

(BWAHAHAHA *dies laughing*
Yerr, I'll wait too ^^; )

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-03-2009, 11:54 AM

((sorry I was gone! Hectic day yesterday ^^; By the way loved the Boomer Speech.))

Thorn nearly died when she was picked first. She cautiously approached, she wasn't sure what she was supposed to do, just show her powers?

((I'm sorry, I haven't seen the movie in like, forever, so can Boomer help me out a little?))

opalistic8

Old 07-03-2009, 12:21 PM

(Coach Boomer shall coach you ^^)

Coach Boomer glared down at the girl. "Front and center, kid," he growled, indicating a small ladder that led up to the platform. Without waiting for the girl to respond, he reeled off what the students were meant to do.
"When I point to you or call out your name, though that won't be probable due to the fact that I don't care who you are, you will step up the ladder and show me your powers. It's simple, but the action you make when you come up here will determine which class you will take. My word is law. Now hurry up, kid, and get on this platform, NOW!!"

(Last word was a sonic boom :XD)

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-03-2009, 12:59 PM

((lol))

Thorn scurried up the ladder, she didn't want to get on the bad side of this man.... Thought it seemed impossible. aim for a good sturdy wall. instinct took over. She chose a good beam in the ceiling. Now summon your power.... her hands filled with psychic energy. and fire. she shot a large blast right at it, and it hit the wall with a boom!!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-03-2009, 02:43 PM

(Haha, I can practically see that happen in my head :XD)

Damien thought he was probably deafed. First that Boomer man goes blasting his eardrums out, now Thorn with her loud crack when the ball of energy hit the wall. If this was anime world, he'd have large, comical veins throbbing all over the top of his head. He was glad no one could see his wince while his ears were being assulted, it wouldn't do him good if he showed signs of weakness, even if nearly everyone was holding their ears from the noise. A few choise cuss words were issued from his lips in a low voice while he tried to get the ringing out of his poor, tortured ears.