Palmoun
I miss it here, send a message t...

Old 02-05-2011, 04:22 PM

Ulric smiled at her as he began to head into town, "yeah, we have known each other for a long time. I knew her even before I knew what I was. In truth she is probably my best friend if she was a human." he said and the fox rubbed her cheek against his. Ulric smiled and then nodded at he looked at Veila, "yes, I am the only necromancer here. INfact I dont think there is another necromancer in the state." he said as he looked at her. He knew for a fact that Necromancers where rare to find, not many where out there. He then stopped when he came to a ally. "in here is a cat demon, he is big but he is harmless." he said as he looked at her and then pointed to the shop that was next to the Ally, "and that is the bakery, they have the best bread in town." he said with a smile.

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 02-05-2011, 06:06 PM

Veila smiled warmly at the both of them. It must be nice to have a companion like that. For a moment, Veila thought back to school, where she had seen people clearing the hallways for Ulric. She was still confused to why they did that, but she simply shook the thought away for now as he spoke of other necromancers. "Oh." she said, surprised, "Why is that? Don't you get... lonely?" she knew that that might be a tad personal, but she was curious. She stoopped as Ulric did, smiling and looking down into the ally, then over to the bakery. Her eyes lit up at the mention of bread, "Ooh, I'll have to remember that," she smiled, "I used to love warm bread." she explained before looking about at the rest of the buildings on the street from where they stood.

Palmoun

Old 02-05-2011, 07:29 PM

Ulric was surprsied by the question and looked at her. He simply nodded, "yes it does get lonely but I got use to it. I got use to being alone and not having anyone ot rely on at a very early age. When I was still figureing out what I was my adoptive parents thought I was crazed. They sent me to multiple therepists and I am still going to one." he said as he looked at her and smiled when she said she liked warm bread. "then I will take you there to get some bread sometime." he said and then started to pointed out other places. He pointed out the grocery store, the book store and all the other small family owned bussinesses. "the town is small so we know everyone that is here." he said and you coudl tell he wasn't a fan of that. It was one of the reasons that the kids kept away from him.

Arc Angel

Old 02-05-2011, 10:31 PM

Veila was surprised that he answered so openly, grinning at him, and patting his back a couple of times gently, hoping to comfort him if it was needed. "I think I can understand that... but why are you still having to see a therapist?" she asked, hoping she wasn't prying now. When he mentioned taking her to the bakery sometime she smiled enthusiastically, "That'd be great." Veila then quieted as he showed her everything else the town had to offer, grinning, looking about, and nodding as he showed her the different buildings. She began to mentally map the town, what of it she knew, to help her from the possibility of getting lost later. She was about to comment positively on what he said about the population when she nonticed his tone, her grin fading the slightest bit. "And you aren't fond of that?"

Palmoun

Old 02-05-2011, 10:53 PM

Ulric sighed and looked at her, "because my adoptive parents force me to. If I dont go they promise that they will send me to a mental hospital. You see they dont belive in necromancers and things like that. They think it is all a bunch of crazy talk when I try to talk to them about it." he said as he looked at her and hated that about his parents. But they had raised them and that was all that mattere.d They cared enough that they took him to get help and it was nice. He then shook his head, "and your right I am not fond of it. YOu see news travels fast in this town so everyone knows something in a matter of minutes. So when I was still finding out about my powers I accidently summoned a few zombies, people saw and from there on people keep away form me. Afraid that I might do something to them." he said as he looked at her and hten smiled, "but at least I was able to find one friendly face." he said with a smile.

Arc Angel

Old 02-05-2011, 11:37 PM

Veila's smile left as he talked about his adoptive parents, not understanding why they'd do that to their child. Of course, it made sense if he was crazy, but he was obviously not. Sighing, she shook her head slowly, "That's a shame." Then, she paused, thinking, "Are your adoptive parents religious at all?" Veila knew that some people nowadays weren't, but she had a crazy idea, and wanted to know it if might work. Again she turned to look at Ulric as he explained why he disliked the small population of the town, finding herself to now be a bit disgusted with the people that went to that high school. Still, she smiled when he brought her up, letting out a small laugh. "I'm glad ya did, too. It's really their loss." she said playfully, smiling at Ulric.

Palmoun

Old 02-06-2011, 12:17 AM

He shook his head and looked at her, "no, they aren't religous. You see both of them are scientists so they both believe only in the logical and not the ilogical. So when I tried telling them I was a necromancer they just shook his off. They said it was impossible to do anything like that and blah blah blah. It got really annoying after a while." he said as he looked at her. "why do you ask?" he asked as he looked at her and wondered what she was cooking up in her mind. He then smirked a little, "and your right it is there loss." he said and was glad that he had at least one friend.

Arc Angel

Old 02-06-2011, 12:26 AM

Veila again pouted childishly at this news. "People these days!" she sighed, then relaxed again. She would simply have to keep thinking, then. "Well, it's easy to influence religious people, ya know?" she asked, a somewhat devious gleam in her eyes. "But scientists and their logic..." she shook her head slowly, still trying to think. Eventually she simply looked over at Ulric, "I don't encourage the practice of necromancy, don't get me wrong-- but, why haven't you just shown your adoptive parents your abilities to convince them?" As he smirked, she let out a small laugh, nudging him in the side playfully, "So whatever happened to that guy in our homeroom that said we shouldn't be talking? Huh?"

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-06-2011 at 03:17 AM..

Palmoun

Old 02-06-2011, 01:19 AM

Ulric frowned slightly and looked down, "I cant control it." he said softly and then looked at her. "I cant simply shut myself off and be regular, my powers are constant. I cant shut out the voices of the ghosts and get them to leave me alone. So when I try to summon the dead I lose it. It is hard to describe but I cant stop myself, it is like I become someone else. That other perosn just wants to destroy so I cant show them. I risk putting others in danger if I do." he said as he looked at her and you could tell he didn't like it. He only ever summoned the dead twice and that was all he ever wanted to do. He then smirked when he heard her, "and that guy you ment is not here right now." he said and smiled at her.

Arc Angel

Old 02-06-2011, 03:49 AM

Veila frowned a bit as well, then grinned as he finished, putting a hand on his shoulder again, but not quite sure what to say. "I'm sorry." was all she could really muster in reply. She was caught off guard by his smirking, but Ulric's words made her smile nevertheless. "Wherever did he go?" she asked, playfully again. A whiff of something then caught her attention, the smell of bread fresh from the oven drifting over to where they were walking. "Hey, you hungry?" Then she paused, looking over to the bakery, "I haven't had bread in centuries... C'mon!" Veila would turn around immediately, loosely grabbing Ulric's wrist and pulling him along with her in gentle manner. She would enter the bakery, fully intent on finding the source of the delicious scent.

Palmoun

Old 02-06-2011, 04:50 AM

Ulric smiled, "he went off trying to knock some sence into the guy that took over." he said as he looked at her and smiled. He then smiled at her and nodded, "I am starving." and that was theteuth. He was starving and wanted food soon. He then smiled at the thought of having bread. He let her drag him into the bakery and smiledt her, "well you will love there bread, it is the beast in the whole town." he said and smiled at he saw Ben, the owner. "hey ben, can you get some of your freshest bread for us?" he asked and Ben smiled and nodded, "sure but who is the girl? I haven't seen her before." he said as he got some of the bread and looked at veila. Ben was one of the nicer people in town but he didn't trust ulric and would like him to get out of there as soon as possible.

Arc Angel

Old 02-06-2011, 07:01 AM

Veila laughed and smiled enthusiastically, "Good! C'uz I'm startin' to like this new guy." she said playfully, letting go of his wrist as they entered the bakery. "I bet. It smells delicious." She smiled sweetly at Ben, "I'm Veila. New in town." she said simply, slipping her wallet from her pocket. She intended to pay, and made that obvious by this gesture. Veila had to admit that she was surprised that Ben was treating Ulric differently than the students at school had been, but was glad for it. Everyone could use some kindness.

Palmoun

Old 02-06-2011, 09:28 PM

Ben smiled at Veila, "it is nice to met ya, I am Ben." he said as he looked at her and placed the bread in a small bag so that they could eat it as they walked. He then looked at Ulric, "looks like you finally made a friend, that is great." he said adn Ulric smiled as he took the bread and payed for it. "yeah it is nice." he said and smield at her. Ben then handed the bread to Veila and whispered to her so that Ulric wouldn't hear, "watch him, he is a tricky one. Dont trust him." he said softly and then went back to smiling at her as he gave her hte bread.

Arc Angel

Old 02-06-2011, 10:24 PM

Veila smiled at Ben cheerfully, "Nice to meetcha, too." she said politely, watching him place their bread into a bag. She simply smiled, looking about the bakery quietly when they talked. "Thank you," she smiled, then handed Ben the money to pay for their bread. Taking the bag he handed them, she grinned, now a slight look of anger upon her face. "And thank you for the concern, but I can take care of myself."she didn't care to whisper, her tone coming out coldly as she turned to Ulric with a smiel again. "C'mon!" Veila now just wanted to leave that bakery, not caring for Ben's treatment of Ulric, although it was polite for hte most part.

Palmoun

Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 AM

Ben smirked when he heard her, "yeah that is what the last one said and we still haven't found him." he said as he looked at her and hoped that she took to heart his words. Ulric frowned when he heard them and knew who Ben was talking about. he wished that he didn't have that on his hands but he did. He then looked at Veila and started to lead her out of there and wished that Ben wasn't the baker now. He wondered if she was going to ask him aobut what Ben ment or just leave him. he wasn't sure but he pulled out his bread and started to eat it. "sorry about Ben, he gets like that sometimes." he said to her and hoped that she didn't run from him or something.

Arc Angel

Old 02-07-2011, 03:37 AM

Veila rolled her eyes and resisted the urge to say something snotty back to Ben. She did, however, manage to keep her mouth shut until Ulric apologized for him. She let out a small laugh, "It's alright, you shouldn't have to apologize for some fool warning me. I really can handle myself. I've been in worse company." she said simply, taking a small bite of bread and savoring the fresh taste. "Mmm... This is amazing." She smiled at Ulric, still in a surprisingly good mood. Nevertheless, Veila was now curious, "What... What did happen to the 'last one'?" she asked out of pure curiosity.

Palmoun

Old 02-07-2011, 03:48 AM

Ulric smiled a little and nodded, "yeah I guessed that you could handle yourself. I mean you are a angel, you probably are one tough cookie." he said as he smiled at her. He hoped that she was just incase anything happened while she was around him. He didn't want to lose someone else. He then smiled when he heard her, "I am glad you like it, bread has to be my favorite thing to eat." he said as he took a bite out his his bread and was enjoying himself until he heard her. A frowned filled his face and he looked at the ground, "you know how I said I can't control it and become someone else. Well there was a incident and... Let's just say it's another reason that people stay as far away from me aspossible." he said as he took another bite of bread. H no one really knew the truth to that and hopefully he would keep it that way.

Arc Angel

Old 02-07-2011, 04:13 AM

Veila let out a small laugh and nodded slowly, "I guess you could put it that way. We are trained to 'protect', but... I honestly think we do more fighting anything." she frowned a bit at that last bit before smiling at Ulric's second response. "It's mine, too! I used to eat it all the time." she said cheerfully, taking another bite to savor before his mood seemed to turn sour. Turning to look at Ulric, Veila frowned a bit herself. "Ulric," she stopped walking, gently grabbing his forearm to stop him from doing so as well. "What happened?" She didn't suddenly not trust him now, but they did just meet and if there were any incidents with his pwoers, that is soemthing she would want to know so it could be prevented in her stay here. It's also something that may be useful information if she turned out like 'the last one', which she highly doubted would happen.

Palmoun

Old 02-07-2011, 04:24 AM

Ulric frowned when he heard her tone of voice and you could tell he didn't want to tell her. He then slowly, almost as if it hurt him to, looked at her and said in the most clearest of voices, "I killed him." he wasn't a fan of knowing he had killed someone but he had and he lived with it everyday. He then looked at the ground and knew he couldn't look at her again, not know. "it was the second time I was using my powers. I wanted to show someone before my parets and he had been one of the o ky people who where like a friend to me. So as I showed him something insideme snapped as I summoned the dead. Everything seemed to go black and the next thing I knew I had a hand in his chest and the other hand had his heart. I can remeber feeling his blood on his my hands. It thrilled and yet sucked me at the same time." he said softly and he knew that she would never be able to look at him the sameway again. He had hopped he could avoid this completely but she wanted to know and it wasn't pretty. He was something bad while she radiated good.

Arc Angel

Old 02-07-2011, 04:47 AM

Veila froze where she stood, and could've sworn she felt her heart sink to the very pit of her stomach as Ulric confessed. He had committed the ultimate sin, and she knew that that was unforgivable. She couldn't look at him, and she was sure that he could not either. Veila's gaze drifted downwards to rest upon the concrete sidewalk, focusing upon a crack in it as it were suddenly the most intriguing thing in the world. Her expression turned cold, the warmth and playfulness leaving her eyes, the smile turning into a stern line along her face, and reality hit her, hard. This is why she was here: to protect the human race from the dark powers that gathered into the few rare ones known as necromancers, and ultimately, help to eliminate their existance. Stiffly, Veila looked back up at Ulric, a whole different impression of him making her stare cold, dark, her caring, fun nature gone. But it was an accident.

Looking away once more, Veila had a change of heart. Ulric was nothing but gentle and kind, he seemed to have a rough life and put up a tough exterior, but once they began to talk, he was a rather fun companion. The coldness that had taken Veila over melted very quickly, and she took Ulric into her arms in a big hug. Her eyes still avoided his for now, but she wanted to make it obvious that she did not care that he had a grave accident. "I'm sorry." she apologized, instead of accusing him. "You've lived a rough life." she stated firmly, her tone now taking a saddened turn. "I-I.." she frowned, now letting him go, taking a step away, and looking at him point-blank in the face. The coldness in her eyes was gone, replaced again by that compassionate warmth. "You're a good person. I know that. I'm here to... get rid of people like you, but," Veila sighed, looking at Ulric, a rather depressed look now on her face. "I can't do that. Not to you, anyways."

Palmoun

Old 02-07-2011, 05:08 AM

Ulric had waited for a long time, waited to feel the cold steel of her blade run him threw. In truth he would rather be dead now, he wanted to know that he couldn't hurt anyone. It was one of the reasons why he didn't mind not talking to people. He wouldn't be ableto hurt anyone again. The death he had on his hands was something he lived with everyday. He only managed to forget about it when he was talking to her and he wished that they could go back to how they had been before. He wished they could justgotten back to laughing and being with each others as friends. But that was probably over now.

He then felt her arms around him and looked at her surprised. He listened to her and didn't know what to say. Slowly he managed to get his mouth to move, "you k wo you really should, I am only a danger to everyone here." he said as he looked at her. Yet when he saw that caring look he couldn't help but smile a little bit. "but thanks, for not killing me." he said as as he looked at her you could see all the things that where breaking him. It was as if you where looking at glass now, he was fradgile. There where so many cracks and chips in him that it was a wonder that he was still here. He had lived threw so mich and yet was still standing even though he knew he shouldn't be. It was a sad and yet beautiful thing to see. A man that was so broken and cracked could still stand on two feet and fight the world. "you know your probably the only good thing in my life right now eventhoug I know you could kill me." hesaid as he looked at her.

Arc Angel

Old 02-07-2011, 05:26 AM

Veila stood there quietly for a moment after he spoke, simply looking at Ulric. She had a gift for picking up people's vibes while within a good distance of them, and she had picked up his earlier. He was not a bad person, and that had been her first thought of him. Now, observing him in this state, he reminded her of a rather broken soul, someone that should be protected from further harm, not murdered in cold blood. Veila let out a soft sigh, shaking her head slowly as she looked him in the eyes.

"I can stop you." she stated firmly, rocking onto the balls of her feet, then back again as if in thought. "I can stop you next time." she repeated, smiling at him now. Their walking had taken them back around towards the park, where Veila eyed a set of swings, then looked at Ulric with a childish smile, "C'mon!" she said quickly before dashing off towards them, red hair flying freely behind her. Veila knew that she could have killed him a couple of times now when he had not been alert, but there was also the fact to consider that she believed he could have killed her if he really wished to. This is why she said nothing of his last comment, simply demonstrating her trust of him by embracing him earlier, and turning her back to him now.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-07-2011 at 05:29 AM..

Palmoun

Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 AM

Ulric was surprsied when he heard her. She would stop him if he got like that. He was happy to hear that and couldn't help but looked at her. She had to be a angel, she was to kind to be anything else. Even though they where enemys she was still nice to him and he coudlnt' help but smile at her. He guessed that he finally found a good friend to actually relay on. When he heard her he coudl only watch her run off for a little while. She trusted him enough and he guessed that he could trust her too.

He ran after her and smiled, "hey, wait up for me." he said and smiled when he finally got to the swings. He smiled as he placed a hand on the chains and looked at her, "take a seat, I will push you." he said with a smile and then saw one of the small demons in teh shadows. He wondered if it was giong to come out or not. With Veila he knew that most of the demons wouldnt' come out till they knew she wouldnt' hurt them.

Arc Angel

Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 AM

Veila simply looked over her shoulder at Ulric when he replied, laughing a little before turning back around to as she finished running to the swing. She sat down immediately, looking up at Ulric in surprise at his suggestion. He will push me? The thought made her feel like a child, but she smiled nevertheless, liking that idea. Getting a good few pushes from Ulric to start herself off would be easier than trying on her own, anyways. Veila felt an odd little tingle and turned around in the direction of the demon. She felt their presence, which she had been taught to feel as menacing, but after meeting Ulric and the fox demon she was quite a bit more open-minded towards them. Veila then looked at Ulric, curious, "Are they friendly?" she asked, almost excited to meet another one.

Palmoun

Old 02-08-2011, 02:15 AM

Ulric smiled when he was about to start to push her and then heard her. "oh they are friendly but they aren't to sure about you. YOu see a few angels have moved threw here before and tried to kill them. So they are warry of other angels." he said as he looked at her but slowly other small demons came out. All different kinds came out but none of them looked like they where going to harm her. He smiled and hten started to push her, "they are all nice and wont hurt us. I dont know all there names or what types they are but I do know they are nice." he said as he looked at her and smiled. He continued to push her as the little demons got closer but slowly. They weren't to sure about the angel yet even though that she was with a necromancer.