jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 06:10 AM

Um, because? We didn't get much say in the background colour xD It was blue before, so I suppose it stayed blue when we changed software. Plus it's a pretty neutral colour which is maybe why Ken chose it. Also, graphics weren't/aren't exactly his thing so another reason why very little was changed from the previous layout.

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 03-23-2009, 06:12 AM

Ohh, I see~ =O Thankies for answering, jelly~ :> <3

I asked it because I remember reading somewhere about the old layout being yellow or something. xDD;; But, the gradient blues ARE pretty, btw. =P <3

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 06:22 AM

Oh that yellow! EW!!! That was a couple of weeks before I joined, I'm glad I never saw it, NASTY!

Strawberry Octopus
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-23-2009, 06:27 AM

WHAY TO LAG YALL.
I dunno whats the matter wiff mah computer DX

Thank you for answering my question, Bartuc. :]
And if the user did the banners for the layout, and left all the technical mobojumbo to the nifty loving staff? ;) Im just joking of course. =]

Rylynne

Old 03-23-2009, 06:31 AM

Well, from your reaction, I'm glad I never got to even seeing it. xDD;; Was it THAT horrible? o_O;;

And yeah, I lagged for a couple minutes too. xDD;; Ah wells~ =P <3 At least it didn't take long for the site to go back up. :3

And, Strawberry, I think it was jelly who answered your question, not Bartuc...? xDD;; <3

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 06:36 AM

But we have artists to do banners :sweat: And look around, banners hardly make up much of the layout, do they? None of it, to be honest...

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 03-23-2009, 06:40 AM

To be honest -- looking at the old site, I don't think I ever imagined it getting a huge makeover. Let alone still be around two years later.

Strawberry Octopus
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-23-2009, 06:59 AM

Ryly: I am currently left at a confused halt at your statement. X]
I think she did! Sorry :<

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-23-2009, 07:01 AM

Strawberry, how did you lose your eyes and mouth?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 07:17 AM

I'd go to bed, but I can't as Jenny ate my house ;_;

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
=O What section of the site are you guys focusing on improving?
I don't think i'm breaking the NDA by saying this, but we plan to totally revamp the Word Game forum. And by revamp I mean expand. Well, by expand I mean assimilate. We plan to replace all existing forums with just the Word Game forum. One giant Word Game forum. ... You won't make any gold, but you can post to your heart's content. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylynne View Post
Question: To all male staff members, what do you think about the staff being mostly comprised of females? 8DD;;
I personally have no problem with it. I do tend to shy away, though, from conversations about monthlies, ill fitting bras and how much men suck. I also don't appreciate being taken to our mirror site twice a month and being forced to model any and all new pixels, female items included. When Bartuc joined the team, Kin and I were hoping we'd have a new ally in standing up to the female staff. Turns out though Barty enjoyed dressing up. ... He had a ball with the Valentine commons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylynne View Post
Question! What really goes on when events are delayed? >83 Something tells me there's more to it than just coding... *evil laugh* xDDD;;
Truthfully... it's because we're usually too caught up in our weekly Oprah Book Club Meeting. We're a very passionate group with very strong opinions.

Why just the day before yesterday we had our meeting to discuss The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski and CK and Tre got in a heated debate about certain contexts of the book. Words were thrown, tempers flared... but like with each get together, at the end we came together as friends and had a group hug. :)

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 03-23-2009 at 08:26 AM..

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-23-2009, 07:33 AM

~bakes Jelly a new potato house~

Captian, that last one is just frightening.

Last edited by Burnt Biscuits; 03-23-2009 at 07:38 AM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 07:36 AM

Cool, does that mean it comes with central heating? :D

Howdy! You know you're not included when we bitch about general male suckiness xD :hug:

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-23-2009, 07:39 AM

Totally, and crispy skin. n.n

Cyndel
I never make the mistake of argu...
Send a message via AIM to Cyndel Send a message via MSN to Cyndel Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndel

Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 AM

I have a question... >.>

WHY was the need felt to make the pretty dangly diamond on the decor tiara's circular and huge and...circular? XD

Cynnie likes small diamonds. D: lol

Tre Le Coco

Old 03-23-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartuc View Post
Edit:
Jenn
I was poking at Tre a couple weeks back because we have 52(?) stocking colors that range across the spectrum. But we do not have any brown socks. So after about a week of me poking her with my trusty pokey staff of love justice. She gave me Blue's Clues socks in my signature. Hence one of the ninja-edits that took place in my signature.
I think its 53 actually xD I don't remember, just alot of things thrown my way for having such a massive shop update xD
And you started with the sig edits :P with your huge red text stating things in it, stealing my dollie T_T;
I rather like the edits i've given your signature :lol: marking my new territory xD haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndel View Post
I have a question... >.>

WHY was the need felt to make the pretty dangly diamond on the decor tiara's circular and huge and...circular? XD

Cynnie likes small diamonds. D: lol
Because big diamonds are prettier and more expensive looking =D

Cyndel
Send a message via AIM to Cyndel Send a message via MSN to Cyndel Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndel

Old 03-23-2009, 08:19 AM

>.> but but but.... big diamonds are heavy. lol XD

I can barely see it under my mop anymore. D: lol *smacks at bangs*

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-23-2009, 08:38 AM

There you go, it's big so you can see it under your hair. n.n Aren't the staff brilliant? Look how they think ahead!

Cyndel

Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 AM

LoL XD But I could see it before! lol

That was kind of my roundabout "I liked the old version better, can I have it back pleeeease?" XD
I have like...six of those things. XD;

Aaalrighty, I'm going to go to bed and stop pestering people now. XD

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 AM

It's a shame there's not an easier way to add multipose to items. It would be nice is item changes like that were added as a multipose to make everyone happy.

Speaking of disliked changes... after the male bases were changed there was some talk about the girly-boy bases coming back as an option, is that ever going to happen? I really prefer male avatars, but the shoulders on the new ones just look weird to me. n.n;;

Rylynne

Old 03-23-2009, 10:00 AM

Howdy, I dunno if what you're saying about modeling male clothes is true or not. xDD;; Although, I can imagine Bartuc rather enjoying himself if that was the case. ^^;;

I won't even comment on the third answer. 8DD;; Although, you make me want to check out said book now... >.>;; Lolz~ xDD;; <3

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 03-23-2009, 12:22 PM

@ Bartuc - As far as spazzing uncontrollably when an event doesn't start when I think it will, I can only speak for myself. First off, I'm glad that y'all actually test stuff to see if it works before we get to play on it - certain other sites don't. We have 2 PCs at my house and 3 people use it. Plus, I'm just pushy.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 03-23-2009, 01:17 PM

I have a question for staff -

Where did Yumeh get his or her name? Is it Japanese influenced? If so, why did you add the h?

And to Bartuc - I can only imagine people wig out when stuff gets delayed because of getting all excited for it to start. Imagine as a kid being told that Santa comes on New Years this year. I'm sure you would be all wigging out. :P

Tre Le Coco

Old 03-23-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
Speaking of disliked changes... after the male bases were changed there was some talk about the girly-boy bases coming back as an option, is that ever going to happen? I really prefer male avatars, but the shoulders on the new ones just look weird to me. n.n;;
As soon as the avatar system is remade we will have such possibilities open :yes:
Right now if we were to upload the old bases to the current system, we would need to upload every single eye to fit with it - even if they are the same for the current bases, and i think juru would rather shoot herself than go through that process again
Unfortunately our current system was built poorly thanks to a certain bad coder, but once inso has time/get enough for a full time coder, we should have it fixed up :)

And the male bases were made to be more built and manly like because it was a common complaint between real male users about the old base looking girly when 95% of them wanted something more defined :yes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atashi83 View Post
I have a question for staff -

Where did Yumeh get his or her name? Is it Japanese influenced? If so, why did you add the h?
I honestly wouldn't have the slightest clue ^^; Some decision from the original dev who is no longer with us

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 03-23-2009, 02:27 PM

Aww that's too bad Tre. I was really curious as to if there was a story behind Yumeh or not. I think it's a cute idea though as I am a huge cat lover.